AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-01, 12:56   Link #1721
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Yeah and they do have SS to use so I can see it ending with ValixIse
Old 2013-04-01, 13:20   Link #1722
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Yeah and they do have SS to use so I can see it ending with ValixIse
Based on the SS they used in season 1 they try to keep close to the proper timeline. which means that there are 3 SS they will likely use:

[Memory of Oppai] – Timeline: After Volume 3
[The Oppai of Tennis] – Timeline: After Volume 4
[Hell Teacher Azazel] – Timeline: After Volume 4

I'd say the third one is more likely to be used as an OVA
Old 2013-04-01, 16:46   Link #1723
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The frist season stayed ture to the LN, so my guess is it'll cover up to the Sona VS Rais rating match.
It did, but there still was quite a few changes from LN.
And with it season 2 only being a 1-cour, it most likely cover volumes 3 and 4 plus 2 SS.
Old 2013-04-01, 17:24   Link #1724
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
It did, but there still was quite a few changes from LN.
And with it season 2 only being a 1-cour, it most likely cover volumes 3 and 4 plus 2 SS.
2 volumes are good in one season I think. As a matter of fact, High School DXD is one of the few light Novel series adapted to Light Novel version that focus on the original material better than others (still they mess up quite a few parts with the first season). So it is like a life (chapter) for each episode which is usually 5 and then the new life for the last episode. Other light novel series adapted into light Novel sometimes have 3 or more volumes in a 12 episode series or even more when counting on a 24 or more episode season.

For example:

Oda Nobuna no Yabou (4 volumes in a season), Campione (5 volumes in a season), Zero no Tsukaima (3 or more in each of its season), Infinite Stratos (3 volumes in a season), Kampfer (5 or 6 volumes in a season), Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (4 volumes in a season), Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (first season was 3 volumes plus 2 chapters of of volume 4, and season 2 had the rest of volume 4 and all of 8), and Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (11 volumes in a season of 24 episodes), CubexCursedxCurious (3 volumes in a season), Bakemonogatari (5 volumes into a season), Toradora! (10 volumes in a 25 episode series), Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (4 volumes in a season), and Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica (3 volumes in a season).
Old 2013-04-01, 20:43   Link #1725
Velsy

Well finished volume 14, guess I can say I have caught up to everyone else ^_^

Nice ending with Ravel, seems Issie sees that his lack brains can be easily covered by Ravel as his manager. Stiri's new knight seems interesting. But I not raelly expecting her to play much of a role (loli Reaper). Cant go wrong with having issie fangirls (Stiris Rook and Bishop were Issie fans too right?)

I'll say this now since nothings been said yet. But I've had this thought. Wouldnt it be pretty funny if Kiriyu turns up in one of the resume's in the final selection round in Isses contracted magican applications.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-01, 20:54   Link #1726
Newhope

If there's a hades arc which I suspect they will be the loli Reaper could actually play a large role.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:58   Link #1727
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Well finished volume 14, guess I can say I have caught up to everyone else ^_^

Nice ending with Ravel, seems Issie sees that his lack brains can be easily covered by Ravel as his manager. Stiri's new knight seems interesting. But I not raelly expecting her to play much of a role (loli Reaper). Cant go wrong with having issie fangirls (Stiris Rook and Bishop were Issie fans too right?)

I'll say this now since nothings been said yet. But I've had this thought. Wouldnt it be pretty funny if Kiriyu turns up in one of the resume's in the final selection round in Isses contracted magican applications.
Thinking of it rationally, the only time I think Kiryuu will be a use for either the Gremory group or Sitri group is if they want to compare their servant's penis size in a comical event something of which would be in an amusing short story. Other than that, I don't see Kiryuu as an option, well maybe Kiryuu can be use to lower the moral of enemies that are male by shaming them of their penis size.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:22   Link #1728
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Thinking of it rationally, the only time I think Kiryuu will be a use for either the Gremory group or Sitri group is if they want to compare their servant's penis size in a comical event something of which would be in an amusing short story. Other than that, I don't see Kiryuu as an option, well maybe Kiryuu can be use to lower the moral of enemies that are male by shaming them of their penis size.
there is a theory floating around here that Kiryuu is actually Tiamat. Tiamat was mentioned as being the most perverted of all the dragons including Fafnir, which explains why Asia with her affinity towards dragons attracted her as a friend.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:28   Link #1729
Velsy

Quote:
Well the thought really only came to me when I remembered she can messure the size of a penis without actully looking at it. I guess some magic is invovled? Kinda why she puts Matsuda and co to shame (forgot the correct spelling of names). Well I said it would be funny, meaning I dont raelly expect it but it would be a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
there is a theory floating around here that Kiryuu is actually Tiamat. Tiamat was mentioned as being the most perverted of all the dragons including Fafnir, which explains why Asia with her affinity towards dragons attracted her as a friend.
I remember it kinda vaguely, so I might be wrong. But I am pretty sure I recall Ddraig saying he didnt get along that well with Tiamat.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-01, 21:33   Link #1730
Somethindarker

Quote:
I remember it kinda vaguely, so I might be wrong. But I am pretty sure I recall Ddraig saying he didnt get along that well with Tiamat.
which is why she picks on issie, wish i could find it. it was very well thought out and convincing.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:36   Link #1731
Velsy

Only a little, she picks on the 2 others friends more than him. And she supports Issie and Asia getting together ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-01, 21:40   Link #1732
Newhope

They hasn't been much said about Tiamat just that she hates Ddraig, think it said she's the most powerful of the dragon kings but thats about it.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:43   Link #1733
Somethindarker

Quote:
Only a little, she picks on the 2 others friends more than him. And she supports Issie and Asia getting together ?
she supports asia but picks on issie by perverting asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
They hasn't been much said about Tiamat just that she hates Ddraig, think it said she's the most powerful of the dragon kings but thats about it.
i coulda sworn something was said about her being a pervert, currently rereading the novels so im sure ill stumble upon it.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:08   Link #1734
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I've been reading this series for a while, haven't read anything indicating Tiamat is perverted. She is the only female among Dragon Kings. She is a western blue dragon and has only been mentioned The Familiar's Requirements side story of volume 8, volume 4 when Ddraig mentioned that she hates him, and volume 14 when Ise and Azazel were discussing about the Dragon King. Her power level is the strongest of all Dragon Kings, even said that she is as powerful as Satan. Her title is Chaos Karma Dragon.

Unless it post an exact quote, also indicating volume and chapter I rather not persist this unlikely matter that seems to be devoid of any tact.

As much as I love to make discussions, I draw my line from topics that seems like the only chances it would come true would be the chances I win the lottery.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:21   Link #1735
Somethindarker

Quote:
I've been reading this series for a while, haven't read anything indicating Tiamat is perverted. She is the only female among Dragon Kings. She is a western blue dragon and has only been mentioned The Familiar's Requirements side story of volume 8, volume 4 when Ddraig mentioned that she hates him, and volume 14 when Ise and Azazel were discussing about the Dragon King. Her power level is the strongest of all Dragon Kings, even said that she is as powerful as Satan. Her title is Chaos Karma Dragon.

Unless it post an exact quote, also indicating volume and chapter I rather not persist this unlikely matter that seems to be devoid of any tact.

As much as I love to make discussions, I draw my line from topics that seems like the only chances it would come true would be the chances I win the lottery.
yea my bad, might've mixed up facts with theory speculation.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:33   Link #1736
cyberdemon

Quote:

I'd say the chances of it arent as unbelievable as some people think. We don't know anything personal about Tiamat. She may have actually liked Ddraig but was tsundere about it. She may have just liked teasing Ddraig. From what we have seen of him, it's unlikely that he would understand either of the notions and to him it would just come off as her picking on him.

Kiryuu is also a bit of an enigma. Outside of being Asia's friend we know little to nothing about her besides her pervertedness. The type of teasing she does I could totally see Ddraig misinterpreting as dislike. Even Ise has trouble dealing with her.

You could say there isn't any indication that Kiryuu is Tiamat but at the same time I could say that there isn't any indication that she isn't Tiamat. Nothing is stated but currently there really isn't anything that could without a doubt say that it is impossible.
Old 2013-04-21, 06:14   Link #1737
G147

You could say that the author added Kiriryuu so that Asia could have a friend rather than just confining them to Matsuda and Motohama.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:40   Link #1738
celoer

Quote:
Cant go wrong with having issei fangirls (Stiris Rook and Bishop were Issie fans too right?)
nope just sona's rook and new knight are interested in issei her bishop is interested in kiba just like tsubaki shinra.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:16   Link #1739
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celoer View Post
nope just sona's rook and new knight are interested in issei her bishop is interested in kiba just like tsubaki shinra.
im more fascinated with the fact that the knight sitri wanted didnt want to join her group so she went with the grim reaper. also the fact that the new rook is a werewolf is awesome, ive always been a fan of werewolves.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:00   Link #1740
celoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
im more fascinated with the fact that the knight sitri wanted didnt want to join her group so she went with the grim reaper. also the fact that the new rook is a werewolf is awesome, ive always been a fan of werewolves.
yeah i have a feeling that the knight sona wanted just might end up being issei's knight in the future or who know's maybe rias knight when xenovia gets traded to issei.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen