AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 20.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-17, 11:24   Link #81
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
If the anime were just like the game, it would absolutely suck.

Yeah, I said it.
QFT.

I really like the liberties they're taking. So to all you asswipes, stop comparing the game and the anime so seriously. Let the director go in his direction.

Seriously, you guys...
Old 2009-06-17, 11:35   Link #82
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

Yeah, I said it.
lol well good thing it ain't right?

I'm actually still enjoyin the anime, doesn't bother me. I'm as simple minded as they come so if there are a few aspects I like then its usually all good with me

this ep is very nice, got some nice WelkinXAlicia stuff and a super cute doe eyed Alicia!
Like I've said before Welkin's got a will of steel to not have jumped at the chance! not sure if thats a good or bad thing
Old 2009-06-17, 16:49   Link #83
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, maybe you should actually see the episode, before commenting on its thread, then?
Eh, I feel I have a good enough grasp of the differences exposed already through the first 9 episodes to comment. I don't suppose they'll drastically change in the 10th.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-17, 17:43   Link #84
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

If you feel that way, fine. It's on your dime.

But you would probably have better luck commenting on the Generic Discussion thread then on a specific episode one - since you admit to not even having seen, yet.

Hey, but you do whatever you want, okay?

Old 2009-06-17, 19:36   Link #85
JagdPanther

True, but then again having played the game it's not like I have absolutely no idea what happened in this particular part of the story even if it's different. I'm not spoiling myself anything by reading this thread and then adding my $0.02 after finishing it.

EDIT:

Okay, having finally watched the episode I completely agree with the aforementioned points of those who prefer the game. They changed this entire series of events very drastically. It does not have nearly the same power to me that it did in the game. In the game it was an emotional scene that really brought a human side to war. I think this felt very forced. Yeah, don't want to mirror the game exactly but really, come on. Some things just plain worked in the game.

The preview for the next episode looks... odd. Selvaria and Jaeger at the ceremony. Right.

I'm going to stick this anime out but they've got a lot of work to do to make it up with me. I know, I know. Who cares about one guy, yada yada yada... I'm trying to imagine if I saw this without having played the game first and I just cannot imagine liking this. I think it's actually because of the game I am sticking with this.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2009-06-17 at 20:01.
Old 2009-06-17, 20:48   Link #86
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I'm torn on the whole Welkin x Alicia development this episode...On one hand it was what I was hoping for, but on the other it feels like it flew in out of left fricking field here. Theirs been some development of it, but this time it felt like I missed an episode or two and they just plowed right into blatant couple territory here...

Ah well like I said I liked it just the same since it kept Alicia off Tsundere mode. They did a pretty good job with their whole anti-war bit aswell...Really anything without Faldio chewing up screen time is an improvement for me.

My opinion of the series as a whole still hasn't budged much though...I guess they could of killed the concept of the show even worse, but it really could be so very much more with a slightly bigger budget and some more skilled scripting...Ah well.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-06-17, 22:44   Link #87
owq

This show is supposed to complement the game, not to reenact it.
Old 2009-06-17, 23:01   Link #88
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
And that is one of the things that is upsetting people. As or me I think the show is average. The characters are not so memorable and a good deal of them I find quite annoying and the script is nothing to brag about (then again the game's wasn't either, yet I still found it more enjoyable than the shows so far).
Old 2009-06-18, 04:58   Link #89
klare

i guess those have not play the game will enjoy the series more, just like me

but the past few eps do look like small events, hope will move faster to bigger battle scenes
Old 2009-06-18, 06:19   Link #90
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah i enjoy this anime too .

Just watch this episode :

Ohoh ! Alica x Welkin ftw ^^
Alicia have a soft voice in this episode She's so cute when she's with Welkin XD
But come on Welkin why you didn't keep on with Alicia's approach
And poor Welber . It was nice .
Old 2009-06-18, 09:04   Link #91
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
That's why I gave episode 9 the first real 10/10 for this series. That's exactly what I was expecting it to be; an expansion upon something of which we do not get a full understanding in the game. I thought it was actually rather well done and had meaning.

This episode... totally ruined, for me, what was one of the best chapters of the game.

Old 2009-06-18, 09:50   Link #92
typhonsentra

They really take Welkin's aloofness too far in this show. It was pretty obnoxious the way he reacted to Alicia's advances.
Old 2009-06-18, 09:52   Link #93
AnimeNerdz

Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeNerdz
love this series..lookin graset so far
Old 2009-06-28, 01:13   Link #94
mpt37

Finally had time to catch up on this series, I was waiting for Ayako's subs but it appears they're on hold for now (or dropped?)

I know that the anime vs. game comparison has been discussed but I've got to talk about one thing they left out.
Spoiler for game:

As for this episode, it's nice to see them continuing with the WelkinxAlicia scenes. I think instead of spending the budget on battle scenes, they used it on animating Alicia's face. The dying soldier stuff was handled well, the grenade thing was a nice touch. Also, Jan actually had a part in this episode (that wasn't comic relief)! hopefully we get more scenes with people from Squad 7 since that was completely missing from the game (which is understandable).
Old 2009-07-21, 05:40   Link #95
Velsy

Quote:

Yeah, I said it.
keke, I think you deserve some ++rep for that

I have been too getting tired of complains, how the anime isnt like the game. The game you fight the battles!!. The anime you watch the battles and stories!!. Its two difference things.

as for this episode. A stand off between Alicia, Welkin and an Imperial soldier armed with a live grenade. I really liked it much. There was some good quality time between the two main characters. Then the stand off was touching in a way. Got to hear a sad story from an imperials side of view. The lies of being shot on sight by gallian forces if they surrender etc etc. The burrial of the imperial soldier I felt heart warming. An enemy they paid there respects as a causitly of war. I was kinda pleased to see that from Welkin and Alicia.

I however am somewhat confuzzled over the imperial army, I had thought they were more of a dread army as they shoot there own soldiers if they desert. But upon the officers finding Micheals grave. They were orded not to persue in respect of treatment they gave Micheal after his death. maybe they are split between dread and honour

Just a really good episode,

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread