AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 01:55   Link #2821
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Chronotrig, is Warugiria official now?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/316/warugiria.png
According to one of the last emails we received from BT, the name is spelled "Virgilia". Still, it's likely that they didn't have a particular spelling in mind at the time. It may just be that the people doing the anime either asked someone else or misunderstood.

Virgilia works much better though, for the reasons others have stated. Unless 07th Expansion says otherwise, that's the name that should be used, in my opinion.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-11-12 at 02:29.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:31   Link #2822
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post

It does require a bit more work to scale the images, but it shouldn't require a super-fast CPU (I'd expect your 2.1 GHz C2D should be able to handle it just fine.) How much slowdown were you experiencing, and what OS are you running on?
Vista 32-bit.
I'd say the slowdown is like playing at 30-50% of the normal speed. Even right-clicking to access the system/tips screen feels twice as slower.

Could it be affected by the GPU?
This laptop's videocard ain't that hot (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series).
Rei-Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 08:24   Link #2823
Leinne
Who... am I?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. Is it normal that text appears slower in scenes where rain is involved. Text inside the house is normal speed, but when it's with rain it gets slower. Any ideas?
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 08:29   Link #2824
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have that as well. Doesn't really bother me though since I always assumed it was some sort of slowdown on the part of Onscripter.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 11:23   Link #2825
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Chronotrig, is Warugiria official now?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/316/warugiria.png
To me this only shows Kumasawa's ignorance. I mean it must have been her, that isn't Beatrice's nor Maria's handwriting there. Also it looks that whoever signed as "Warugiria" doesn't know italian either.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:08   Link #2826
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
Hi Mion,

Rogerpepitone was referring to EP4's Tea Party.
I'm pretty sure that it didn't happen on previous onscripter builds.
Here's a sample image:
Spoiler for Image of error:

Also, I was trying out the new window-width command, and when I tried inputting a higher value than the default, it would slow down a bit (most noticeable when holding Ctrl).
Does this new command require a REALLY powerful cpu? I'm currently testing it out on a 2.1Ghz Core2 Duo laptop.
Ok, I think I've found the source of the wrapped-Battler bug... I'll have a fix in the next onscripter-en release soon.

And as for the resized window, the resizing work is only done when an image is loaded from file, not every time an image is drawn. Unfortunately, the right-click menu elements are reloaded anew each time you go to the menu...
Also, it can take a bit longer to refresh and run effects on a larger screen image than a smaller one, as you can see by trying the right-click menu in both smaller- and larger-than-normal windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. Is it normal that text appears slower in scenes where rain is involved. Text inside the house is normal speed, but when it's with rain it gets slower. Any ideas?
The more frequent screen refreshing required during the falling rain effect is what slows down the text output there. At least you can left-click to complete a line, but yeah, I'd love to make that work more efficiently sometime.

"Uncle" Mion
Old 2009-11-12, 17:47   Link #2827
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
The more frequent screen refreshing required during the falling rain effect is what slows down the text output there. At least you can left-click to complete a line, but yeah, I'd love to make that work more efficiently sometime.

"Uncle" Mion
THx that's what I do, but sometimes bugs me because I think it's my Pc's fault, thx again
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 21:12   Link #2828
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

DEEN's shown a couple screw ups already, i dont pay attention to many but a noticable one is when the ep title was week square insted of weak square, this and virgilias name are prob gunna be fixed in dvds,

also, congrats to witch-hunt for getting referenced in an anime lol
Old 2009-11-12, 21:24   Link #2829
Workworkwork

The motion graphics also slipped up on "Wergilia" .
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 17:03   Link #2830
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I'm sorry If this was answered here, but does anyone know where Umineko (Episode 4) saves it savefiles? Is it possible to continue ones save games on another computer by copying such file? If so, where is that located?

Thanks in advance.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 18:13   Link #2831
Echoman

Was something like C:\ProgramData\Umineko4\ or something like that.
Echoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 20:33   Link #2832
LaplaceNoMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman View Post
Was something like C:\ProgramData\Umineko4\ or something like that.
C:\ProgramData\Umineko4final

That goes for Windows Vista/7. WinXP system folders are a little bit different, I can't remember for sure, but anyway you need to search for 'Umineko4final' folder.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:05   Link #2833
Dante_Sword

Ok, somebody did find the nscmake.exe cauz i download the rar and it's not there, i found one but whent I run the novel in my PSP, it says the pathc is not well done, that it's not in the right path.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-11-29 at 08:32. Reason: absurdely long quote removed
Dante_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:24   Link #2834
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I have updated my original post, please check that out there Dante_Sword ^^.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:53   Link #2835
Red-Helling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
I have updated my original post, please check that out there Dante_Sword ^^.
Hi, its my first post, and i kind of feel bad for it but anyway i'll ask it xD When you say, that i have to copy the arc.nsa, you mean the one from the root path in umineko 4, or the one in the WH patch folder ??? cauz i already follow your tutorial, but when I launch the game on the PSP, it says the patch its not in the right path. Thanks for your attention.
Red-Helling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:38   Link #2836
luckyssol

Sometimes I feel like buying a psp just for this.
Old 2009-11-16, 21:37   Link #2837
Siesta34

wow! thanks Dante_Sword! thereŽs so much to do but it looks amazing, IŽll make some free time to try this. It looks definitively better than the DS one (this one is working fine for me but displays images on top screen and text alone on the bottom screen, I miss the text-above-image like the original + some sfxs download a little too slow, but in the end its lovely too~).
IŽll stay tuned for any update on this, thanks again!
Siesta34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 21:56   Link #2838
June 1983

Wow, I received my copy of Chiru from HimeyaShop one week after ordering it -- did not expect that! I played the prologue with that Anon patch for it. I'm so looking forward to WH's patch, keep up the good work, guys.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 22:33   Link #2839
luizf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siesta34 View Post
wow! thanks Dante_Sword! thereŽs so much to do but it looks amazing, IŽll make some free time to try this. It looks definitively better than the DS one (this one is working fine for me but displays images on top screen and text alone on the bottom screen, I miss the text-above-image like the original + some sfxs download a little too slow, but in the end its lovely too~).
IŽll stay tuned for any update on this, thanks again!
It was Skullchukka that wrote the PSP guide.. Dante_Sword was just quoting him/her, but failed
luizf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 22:41   Link #2840
De3NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Wow, I received my copy of Chiru from HimeyaShop one week after ordering it -- did not expect that! I played the prologue with that Anon patch for it. I'm so looking forward to WH's patch, keep up the good work, guys.
Hey, u say there is an Anon patch? ummm where can i find that....
De3NJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation