AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-17, 10:57   Link #21
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep , the overall review = 16-19/20 with 20/20 for the BGM !
The story will take around 20h . Add more hours with the multi .

A must buy .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 11:07   Link #22
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

That is a pretty mean achievement.

So unlocking. But of course, my god damn xbox is still broken. So alas... I'll buy it and have it collect dust. *sigh* It'll be unbearable, for sure.

As for the multi player, I can't give a damn about it. Out in the country, in the middle of nowhere... with dial up. Do you think I can do multiplayer?

The interactive will be certainly enjoyable. The horse riding and dragging sounds like a great thing to have in a video game
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 14:16   Link #23
tkdtiger

Well just got the game. I like it overall. Haven't tried multiplayer. I cant remember how to duel lol, but I'm in the beginning of the game anyways, I'm going to restart so I can do the tutorial again. Unless someone knows of there's a dueling tutorial?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 16:59   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
That is a pretty mean achievement.

So unlocking. But of course, my god damn xbox is still broken. So alas... I'll buy it and have it collect dust. *sigh* It'll be unbearable, for sure.

As for the multi player, I can't give a damn about it. Out in the country, in the middle of nowhere... with dial up. Do you think I can do multiplayer?

The interactive will be certainly enjoyable. The horse riding and dragging sounds like a great thing to have in a video game
just wait until u hogtie ur first rappist and throw him on some train tracks.

oh, and theres no way in hell can a Dub version of this game in any language be better than the english.
Old 2010-05-21, 17:05   Link #25
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
just wait until u hogtie ur first rappist and throw him on some train tracks.
I guess you have done it a few times already? I can't wait to do it then. :'P

...If you shoot heads just right do parts get shot off or explode? Stupid question but I want to know. I want my fill of explicit violence. Though this is wild west, so i guess it will be bloody.

....I just hope there are no tremors.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 18:05   Link #26
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

My copy of the game with all three preorder in-game bonuses.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 20:46   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

aww, you got it for PS3 *sad face* People hate me online because of my constant head shot spree's. and my quick trigger finger (I empty 6 shots in 2 seconds)

FPS = 360 (mainly for the realistic trigger

well the last Free roam i was in, they might have been noobs.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-05-21 at 21:03.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 22:16   Link #28
tkdtiger

so multiplayer is fun? haven't tried it yet : )
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 05:09   Link #29
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
aww, you got it for PS3 *sad face* People hate me online because of my constant head shot spree's. and my quick trigger finger (I empty 6 shots in 2 seconds)

FPS = 360 (mainly for the realistic trigger

well the last Free roam i was in, they might have been noobs.
Basically, the main differences are...

PS3 = extra content
Xbox 360 = better resolution, and thus better texture detail

If it's just between those two, I'd pick the one with the smoother version with better graphic detail—the same reasoning why my FFXIII is for the PS3. When it comes to multiplatform games, the more optimized version always gets my money, unless subjective reasons get into the mix. (e.g., control pad preferences for certain types of games)

But really, I just wish there was a PC version, though if there will be one in the future, I assume the release date won't be coming up anytime soon. I'd probably just end up buying RDR for the Xbox 360 in this case.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 07:19   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
so multiplayer is fun? haven't tried it yet : )
fun when you get into a Multiplayer with other people in your posse
Old 2010-05-22, 07:43   Link #31
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Basically, the main differences are...

PS3 = extra content
Xbox 360 = better resolution, and thus better texture detail

If it's just between those two, I'd pick the one with the smoother version with better graphic detail—the same reasoning why my FFXIII is for the PS3. When it comes to multiplatform games, the more optimized version always gets my money, unless subjective reasons get into the mix. (e.g., control pad preferences for certain types of games)
No matter how you look at it, the PC release will be the definative version combining the best of both worlds from the 360's and PS3's side. Not to mentioned unauthorised mods that will basically drive the gameplay to new heights.

For me, the purchase of the console releases is just a preview of things to come and I'll gladly buy the PC release in a heartbeat.

As for the timeline for the yet-to-be announced PC release, RDR looks to follow the tracks of GTA IV. So I say, it should be out at around the holiday seasons.
Old 2010-05-22, 15:25   Link #32
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
No matter how you look at it, the PC release will be the definative version combining the best of both worlds from the 360's and PS3's side. Not to mentioned unauthorised mods that will basically drive the gameplay to new heights.
And that's exactly why I would prefer to get the PC version.

But this is obviously a great game. I don't think I can afford to wait that long. So yeah, I'll probably just get it for a console.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 21:11   Link #33
Kaze Shachou
So Pringles

Just picked this game up two days ago i think, massive time consumer imo. Too much things to do in this game, its ridiculous.
Kaze Shachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 21:59   Link #34
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
And that's exactly why I would prefer to get the PC version.

But this is obviously a great game. I don't think I can afford to wait that long. So yeah, I'll probably just get it for a console.
Of course, consider buying the software all over again on the PC if you think it is worth it for all the enhancements and extras. I know that I will.
Old 2010-05-24, 17:14   Link #35
Rias

Just beat it. The game was open and quite fun at most time, and much more realistic (with the wide range of character with unique characteristics) compared to some GTA games. Online free roam mode is actually fun.

The game has one of the better endings I've seen for a while, but too bad the game is glitchy at times which ruins the experience here and there.
Old 2010-05-24, 17:35   Link #36
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Just beat it. The game was open and quite fun at most time, and much more realistic (with the wide range of character with unique characteristics) compared to some GTA games. Online free roam mode is actually fun.

The game has one of the better endings I've seen for a while, but too bad the game is glitchy at times which ruins the experience here and there.
yea like getting stuck in cover mode and not being able to get out and move. int he middle of a mission =\
Old 2010-05-25, 20:05   Link #37
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Free Roam is awesome~

Nuff said'.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:24   Link #38
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

My copy of the game with all three preorder in-game bonuses.
HOW?! How did u get all three???!?

All I got was the Deadly Assassin's outfit from Gamestop and the game bugged it out. But I didn't really care because you almost never run out of Dead Eye, besides the call of duty style left trigger slight auto lock really helps nail everyone down.

Anyway, I just finished the game. All I have to say is that this game better get the same treatment as GTA4. It better get some full-game DLC content. The way it ends it really needs it too. I'm begging you Rockstar. Pease.

Does anyone know i this game is doing well (as well as GTA) sales wise?

As for the mutliplayer, I'm always playing it with my friend, and it's REALLY hard to resist shooting him. If only the train and the lasso are still in the multiplayer mode I'd hogtie him and leave him on the train (please do that in singleplayer if u get the chance....rewarding).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 06:22   Link #39
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Does anybody know how to find a treasure? I've just got the game and i'm so confused about the location.

PS - Five Finger Fillet is really hard mini-game ever.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-05-27 at 06:44.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 06:36   Link #40
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Does anybody know how to find a treasure? I've just got the game and i'm so confused about the location.
You're supposed to find the land mark. The first one is easy because it's a pretty obvious land mark even from a distance.

Spoiler for Location:

Some are easy as to find once you've ridden around and seen some of the game world whilst others will leave you scratching your head for a while. It's great when you do find one though.

I've been in Mexico for about an hour so far and the bandoleer has bugged out on me for my repeaters. I can only carry one hundred rounds total and not the two hundred.

On some of the longer engagements that can get very frustrating.

The final evolution of the Dead Eye mode is great though. You can finally take out a group of enemies so easily.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, action-adventure, ps3, rockstar, sandbox, western, windows, xbox360