AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 22:00   Link #501
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Another really sad scene I remember is Gale's death from Rave Master. The dude sacrifices to save his son Haru from falling debris using his body. The rest of the episodes was Haru trying to stay strong but he finally breaks down when he finds a photograph in his father's jacket that told his family not to feel lonely he was always with them.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:40   Link #502
Takua5

The ending of Digimon Tamers(Season 3) was a real tear jerker. The D-Reaper villain that threatened the world was defeated but at the cost of all the Digimon being forced back to there world.
Takua5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:52   Link #503
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Out of all the shows I've seen so far I think that Clannad takes the cake with the saddest scenes for me. The second season in particular completely crushed me near the end since I was completely unaware of what would happen after

Spoiler for You really DON'T want to read this if you plan to watch Clannad:

Heck, listening to Dango Daikasoku still leaves me a bit misty eyed.

Another anime that really hit me was 5cm per Second. This one is just brutal.

Spoiler for 5cm per second ending:

It struck a chord with me and again, hit me quite hard. Brilliant movie that one on virtually all accounts.

Ef: Tale of Memories/Melodies should be mentioned as well. In particular:

Spoiler for Ef: Tale of Memories/Melodies:

Ef is also the show that made me a Shinbou fan.

There were other shows that hit me as well like Chrono Crusade whose ending (and ending theme) left me a bit melancholic. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann also has a very powerful ending that left me a bit saddened which was a bit unexpected after how insanely hyperactive the show managed to be on a whole.

Kanon and Air are also worthy of mention obviously for the strong Key/KyoAni drama they presented. The first in particular had some pretty strong scenes at the end of a couple of the main arcs.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien also deserves a mention due to the storyline itself. It's just sad from start to finish. Oh and True Tears, don't forget that one.

And of course how could I forget Aria: The Origination? The simple fact that it ended was enough to sadden me but what happens overall, while obviously not sad by any definition of the word (it's actually quite joyous imho), managed to turn me melancholic.

Spoiler for aria ending:

Curiously the best healing anime I have ever seen managed to leave me with such a bitter-sweet feeling when it ended.
It's so unbelievably amazing how I... I would write these anime too! (Well, except for the Aria - I happen to have that but still haven't watched it yet). Nevertheless, dude, are you my long lost brother or something? Lol.
Old 2013-04-13, 12:32   Link #504
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
It's so unbelievably amazing how I... I would write these anime too! (Well, except for the Aria - I happen to have that but still haven't watched it yet). Nevertheless, dude, are you my long lost brother or something? Lol.
I'm just someone with incredibly good taste (and modesty obviously ).

Btw you should checkout Aria then. It's a great show and what sold me on the concept of Slice-of-Life/Healing anime. Very soothing.
Old 2013-04-24, 20:30   Link #505
VTHokiePride

Finished Sword Art Online recently.
Spoiler for Episode 14:

Last edited by VTHokiePride; 2013-04-30 at 07:07. Reason: Added spoiler
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 05:56   Link #506
Mokoko
Young Aspergus Eater

^Ugh.... You have to put in spoiler such things... I just started Sword Art Online... ;v;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mokoko is offline   Reply With Quote