AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-28, 18:43   Link #201
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I say he is not a Magius, think about it if he is a Magius then why will Dorssia bother to invade JIOR? If Shoko's father is a Magius than he and ARUS's leader and Dorssia's leader share a common goal. So either way the Valvrave will still end up in Magius's hand. But since Dorssia tried steal the Valvrave AND Cain is the one leading the invasion, I think Shoko's father is a normal human being.
Old 2013-06-28, 18:49   Link #202
~BC~

Quote:
...think about it if he is a Magius then why will Dorssia bother to invade JIOR?
Because of differences of opinion like Cloudedmind suggested. The Magius control the affairs of humans to the point of starting wars. Some of the Magius might not be on board with that and would prefer to simply coexist.
Old 2013-06-28, 18:55   Link #203
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Because of differences of opinion like Cloudedmind suggested. The Magius control the affairs of humans to the point of starting wars. Some of the Magius might not be on board with that and would prefer to simply coexist.
Unlikely as so far only the Valvrave pilot share different opinion, when as every other Magius seem to unite as one to control everything in the dark. If Shoko is a Magius, I think we will notice it by now.
Old 2013-06-28, 19:00   Link #204
~BC~

The Valvrave pilots are Magius it's safe to say the others are capable of independent thought as well. And we currently have no reason to think they're a hive mind either.

No one said Shoko was a Magius and we're in agreement about the father being human.
Old 2013-06-28, 19:15   Link #205
~BC~

Honestly, we don't know enough about the Magius to say those things for certain. If he was a Magius and had a child with a human she might not even be considered one (especially if she didn't obtain any of the inhuman traits). Remember that Cain is also considered one but AI refers to him as human too.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-06-28 at 19:54. Reason: spelling
Old 2013-06-28, 19:23   Link #206
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Honestly, we don't know enough about the Magius to say those things for certain. If he was a Magius and had a child with a human she might not even be considered one (especially if she didn't obtain any of the inhuman traits). Remember that Cain is also considered one but AI refers to him as human to.
Well they speak like human, look like human, and is probably most are human turned Magius like the Valvrave pilot. So they are human in a sense except for immortally and going berserk occasionally. Shoko may be one but who know? This Valvrave we are talking about, they can give off many hint that Shoko is not a Magius only in the end to troll/shock us.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:47   Link #207
Irenesharda

Quote:
That's assuming knowledge of the Magius goes that far in the ranks. Seeing as they held the trial on the ship knowledge of what happened wouldn't reach the higher ups until later.

But yeah, I'm sticking with human unless the show says otherwise.
His trial was on the ship, but the Fuhrer had to know. The PM of JIOR was an important political figure and he had to sign over JIOR to him and Dorssia. Also, I'm guessing that the Magius can communicate with each other in some way, so if Shoko's dad was one, he would be able to talk to the other Magius.

Anyway, yeah I agree, her dad was a human.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-29, 23:50   Link #208
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Too bad my Shouko is the most innocent among the main casts. If she has to learn the truth, it is already too late. L Elf is the one who is all knowing while Saki is the one who wants to carry Haruto's burden. Haruto is the instrument while Shoko is simply an inspiration and pilots' booster boss. What she only holds is her power to say what seems right with pure sincerity. Stir them all in a glass as foundations then, you create a future. Five pilots plus Shouko and L Elf are equal to GOLDEN SEVEN.
Old 2013-06-30, 17:53   Link #209
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Shoko has to step up her game next season, Lise who barely has any screen time other than that flashback beaten her in a popularity poll.
Old 2013-07-01, 03:43   Link #210
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Well, I'm the kind of person who do not look through any popularity polls regarding my favorite characters. When I like a character I know she'll be liked by many when the time comes, so polls are just polls unless it bring miracle. Yeah, I agree that Shoko must step up this next season so she could show everybody that she's one of the very foundations of this show--she's already popular anyway. It so happens that there are other casts that are ahead of her at the moment.
Old 2013-07-02, 08:46   Link #211
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Considering the season one ended, I'm pretty curious on what kind of person Shoko will slowly grow up in season two? Since she now holds the role of Prime Minister, is it possible to show that there's a small timeskip showing her glorious adult body during the first few episodes considering the fact that Haruto and other Magius friends are showing their own uniform implying them to be part of a new organization? I also find it hilarious that whenever something tries to kill Shouko, she survives while jumping like a superhuman being, though I'm really not saying she's actually a Magius (it could be if she pilots a Valvrave?) but does have strong athletic skills.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-07-02, 10:01   Link #212
Fjoergyn

Shoko obviously not be the same after that event and the secret that will not reveal to haruto, I think we can expect another facet of it but we know that it belongs only to the writer.

After that does not start with does not want to be alone, then I'm an adult and do not need anyone, you heard haruto
Old 2013-07-02, 11:20   Link #213
Solmrbadguy

Shes a love freak like Euphy, nuff said, sick of her.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:32   Link #214
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Shoko obviously not be the same after that event and the secret that will not reveal to haruto, I think we can expect another facet of it but we know that it belongs only to the writer.

After that does not start with does not want to be alone, then I'm an adult and do not need anyone, you heard haruto
I'd like to see her show a more mature and independent side.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:29   Link #215
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Let's talk about her fashion sense: it's weird that she wears pantyhoses, since to me pantyhoses are the symbolism for shy and mysterious girls as opposed to cheerful girls like Shoko, though there's a few schoolgirls who resemble Shoko because of their cheerful personalities and pantyhoses, I'm curious why they give such pantyhoses to her in the first place.
Shoko's taste looks weird at first glance but taste great, which demonstrates her weird sense of fashion but with meanings of good life, as well making the stew looking weird but taste good, which is the equivalent of someone watching an anime looking very strange in character designs, but the story is actually awesome as it progresses.
I love everything about her, ranging from her sweet, cheerful personality that respects the good value of life and defends anyone who try to hurt someone she love. I also find it weird that the moment something tries to kills her, she survives, which probably explain her extremely athletic skills! I would love having a person like Shoko as someone very close to me if I was born like her too since we both share a lot of similarity traits, which explains my deepen obssesion over her.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-07-03 at 07:32.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:55   Link #216
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Let's talk about her fashion sense: it's weird that she wears pantyhoses, since to me pantyhoses are the symbolism for shy and mysterious girls as opposed to cheerful girls like Shoko, though there's a few schoolgirls who resemble Shoko because of their cheerful personalities and pantyhoses, I'm curious why they give such pantyhoses to her in the first place.
Well, there's at least one other famous genki girl that wears pantyhose...

So... yeah.

Maybe genki girl + pantyhose = not a tomboy.

In other words, the pantyhose is meant to represent how this character may be very genki (cheerful, high-spirited) but nonetheless is also a girly-girl at heart, and not a tomboy. Which may have some value since it can be easy to confuse a genki girl with a tomboy (there is a fair bit of overlap there in any event).

While Shouko is high-spirited with an outgoing personality, she is a bit shy/nervous about some things (as we see with her trademarked skirt tugs, and also with how she handles her feelings for Haruto).
Old 2013-07-02, 21:07   Link #217
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmrbadguy View Post
Shes a love freak like Euphy, nuff said, sick of her.
And there is nothing wrong with that. Stop being edgy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Shoko has to step up her game next season, Lise who barely has any screen time other than that flashback beaten her in a popularity poll.
Well duh, she's a loli, that's why.

No, really. The popularity poll usually doesn't make much sense. A-drei as #1? Really? Most of the time those popularity poll are all about the seiyuu instead, honestly.
Old 2013-07-02, 21:38   Link #218
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And there is nothing wrong with that. Stop being edgy.

Well duh, she's a loli, that's why.

No, really. The popularity poll usually doesn't make much sense. A-drei as #1? Really? Most of the time those popularity poll are all about the seiyuu instead, honestly.
Actually this poll I am talking about is the official one, the other one with A-drei at the first place is done on a blog. For the new poll it Saki first, L-elf second and harutu third.
Old 2013-07-03, 20:12   Link #219
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I don't usually believe in polls cause I never get to vote in any official ones, and my vote counts a lot.
Old 2013-07-03, 20:14   Link #220
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Shoko's taste looks weird at first glance but taste great, which demonstrates her weird sense of fashion but with meanings of good life, as well making the stew looking weird but taste good, which is the equivalent of someone watching an anime looking very strange in character designs, but the story is actually awesome as it progresses.
I love everything about her, ranging from her sweet, cheerful personality that respects the good value of life and defends anyone who try to hurt someone she love. I also find it weird that the moment something tries to kills her, she survives, which probably explain her extremely athletic skills! I would love having a person like Shoko as someone very close to me if I was born like her too since we both share a lot of similarity traits, which explains my deepen obssesion over her.

I'm loving her even more.... I'm a girl and am fangirling over her >\\\<

Tags
characters