AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-19, 15:33   Link #1
kakashilion
has big feet

Post Everything you ever wanted to know about Naruto...

Japanese Naruto related info...enjoy

Firstly Weapons

Kunais : Originally Kunai is a carpenters tool. It is used for piercing walls, digging land,shaving animals and face.
Syuriken (yes with a Y) : the small sword which was held secretly by ninja or samurai to throw and assassinate the enemy. Afterward, syuriken was customed more useful and became that shape. But Ninjas only had very few so they used them in real emergency.

Jutsus

originally JUTSU was the name of NINJA's tactics. for example KATON-NO-JUTSU is the way of escape by use of fire.(KA is fire TON is the escape) but sometimes KATON-NO-JUTSU is used as fire magic in novel and manga .SO it kinda means majic. there is no clear difference between JUTSU and GENJUTSU it is a matter of word definition like 'magic' and 'spell' and 'sorcery' in English.

Chakra

Chakra kinda means an old indian word for mind and soul, like buddhism i think.

Names There is a name thread currently so ill only clarify one small thing

About hokage, kazekage etc. you would thing kage meant directly shadow from kagemane. In a way yes, but also no. Many manga heros have supernatural power. i.e fire,water,wind, earth, thunder. So we are apt to have an image of the symbol of the hero's powers which is put in their titles for naruto. Plus, KAGE kinda means 'darkness' 'assassin' 'stealth' for kazekage well KAZE means 'the wind'.Direct meaning for hokage is "braze of fire". According to my VERY COOl japanese friend
Quote:
HOKAGE and KAZEKAGE is a COOL word so author use it in story
Kyubi

it is the Fox monster which has 9 tails and gold hair. Name is 'KYUBI NO KITSUNE' there are many myths about KYUBI NO KITUNE in japan. Myth is that they are holly animals but some of them are evil. So, sometimes KYUBI NO KITSUNE appear the villan in manga and anime. Picture in spoiler tags but not a spoiler:
Spoiler:

DISCLAIMER. I am not japanese and only know this from a japanese friend. You can ask me and ill ask him. I am sorry if you already know this stuff above but im sure somebody dosn't. I know more details about ninjas in general, word meanings and the naruto movie. i didnt post them here because im having trouble making sentencees after wrting so much.

Last edited by kakashilion; 2004-04-19 at 16:14.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 16:13   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

ignore me, i read the rest
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 16:43   Link #3
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

Iunno if people know this, but I heard that there was never a successful ninja mission in jap history
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 19:24   Link #4
Evilbunny
Cave guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino~
Iunno if people know this, but I heard that there was never a successful ninja mission in jap history

Really? Wow, how many ninja missions were there? And for that matter were there a lot of ninjas at a certain time or were they really rare?
Evilbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 02:35   Link #5
kakashilion
has big feet

alhough Ninjas are fighters or soldiers in many storys, real ninjas are not fighters or soldiers.Their main mission is 'demolition' 'assasination' 'reconnaissance' 'or to deliver a message'. Certainly, they had learnt martial arts, but If they encounter the enemy, they avoid fighting as much as possible. Ninja's rule/lesson : Must suvive whatever happens
Old 2004-04-20, 02:47   Link #6
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
Kyubi

it is the Fox monster which has 9 tails and gold hair. Name is 'KYUBI NO KITSUNE' there are many myths about KYUBI NO KITUNE in japan. Myth is that they are holly animals but some of them are evil. So, sometimes KYUBI NO KITSUNE appear the villan in manga and anime. Picture in spoiler tags but not a spoiler:
Spoiler:
This one looks just like Ninetails from PokéMon
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 03:22   Link #7
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunny
Really? Wow, how many ninja missions were there? And for that matter were there a lot of ninjas at a certain time or were they really rare?
They may have been rare before, but now there are thousands.

http://www.brokennewz.com/worldnews/ninjas.asp

laugh out loud.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 03:54   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino~
But if there was a successful ninja mission, no one would know about it. The whole point is in stealth. If you're a ninja and your mission is known, then it's a failure.
Old 2004-04-20, 11:11   Link #9
naantje
Annoyance :)

ninetales! flamethrower attack!@@@@@@@
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 11:41   Link #10
kakashilion
has big feet

yes...gotta catch em all

even the evil ones like ninetales/kyubi - (same thing )
Old 2004-04-20, 12:46   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
kakashilion- you got this off of a friend and not anywhere else right?

if this is everything you wanted to know about naruto...

well. to be short i was expecting a BIO on masahi.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 13:26   Link #12
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
kakashilion- you got this off of a friend and not anywhere else right?
if this is everything you wanted to know about naruto...
well. to be short i was expecting a BIO on masahi.
well i have only known masashi-sama for a few weeks now so we havn't quite finished the biography yet.

Anyway, i know what you mean, the thread title was a litle vague but what i meant was everything you wanted to know about the lifestyle in naruto i.e. weapons, attacks, speaking (datte bayo for example) or why people use -kun, -chan, -sama. You know the cultural japanese info and what not.

Last edited by kakashilion; 2004-04-20 at 15:36.
Old 2004-04-20, 14:17   Link #13
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I'm sure there was at least 1 time ... that a ninja got in ... slit some lord's throat and ran away.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 15:16   Link #14
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
There's one thing that I've been dying to know about Naruto for a longtime, why do all the girls suck? (With a minor execption for the one coming up, but yet is still debatable.)
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 15:20   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
There's one thing that I've been dying to know about Naruto for a longtime, why do all the girls suck? (With a minor execption for the one coming up, but yet is still debatable.)
are you talking literally? for we havent seen that once (to the chagrin of many many people)(and for the benifit of doujin writers)

they are PLOT DEVICES. there. i said it.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 15:33   Link #16
kakashilion
has big feet

more random info, that you probably already know.

The third hokage was actually originally a dog. The plot was that he was the 2nd's pet dog and because he was such an incredible dog they made him Hokage. Masashi thought it would be interesting to have a dog as the leader of a village... But then he changed it because it just seemed too weird. So originally, this dog was planned to be the Hokage. he changed it at the very last second so he just erased the face part of the drawing and left the rest of the body as it was.

heres an image of the stone monument where you can see the third hokage as a dog

Old 2004-04-20, 18:06   Link #17
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
more random info, that you probably already know.

The third hokage was actually originally a dog. The plot was that he was the 2nd's pet dog and because he was such an incredible dog they made him Hokage. Masashi thought it would be interesting to have a dog as the leader of a village... But then he changed it because it just seemed too weird. So originally, this dog was planned to be the Hokage. he changed it at the very last second so he just erased the face part of the drawing and left the rest of the body as it was.

heres an image of the stone monument where you can see the third hokage as a dog

You have got to be kidding me.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 18:16   Link #18
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

way to ruin your own thread ...
Old 2004-04-20, 18:36   Link #19
AnimeFangirl

He's not ruining it, it's an actual fact. Kishimoto said it in the interview for the fanbook that they have over at TW. I believe that's where the image was from as well. I guess we should just be grateful that Kishimoto saw the light just in time. Too bad no one advised him about Sakura.
Old 2004-04-20, 18:40   Link #20
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

ohhh I though he was just trying to make a funny. God that's weird ... and so amazingly lame... I'm suprised he even considered it.