AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 62 51.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-09, 19:04   Link #101
cloudninja

That chase scene where Shin is shown furiously trying to catch up to Hiromi is probably the closest that he has come to 'flying' so far. He experienced a moment of clarity and decided to go after Hiromi without worrying about anything else unlike before. It might end up standing out as one of the more memorable scenes in any anime show of this genre for me.

I do think expectations were probably raised too high after seeing that scene even though major progress was made. I don't think they declare their love for each other right after that scene even though at least some of their feelings were conveyed to each other. It's definitely more than just Shin reaching out to Hiromi to offer a shoulder to cry on and offering support for her yet I feel it's probably going to fall short of being a confession for now. I wouldn't mind being wrong about it at all. His last words before falling off the bike were "I...I..you!". What was the missing word? Was he yelling "I love you!" before falling off his bike?

The preview clip shows Hiromi sitting under a large window with a pink curtain which I don't remember seeing in any room at Shin's house. Her room there had several smaller windows so that makes me think that she went ahead with moving out instead of going back to his house.

They both haven't officially broken up with the ones they were set up with even though Hiromi tried on her end. As for Shin, he might need Noe to do it for him instead of him doing it himself. I somehow don't expect a real confession and full 'flight' from Shin until sometime after that happens. The writers are going to find ways to drag this out for a while longer.

Edit: The lyrics to that song in the chase scene were nice. Fitting for Shin and Hiromi considering their shared memories, their present situation, and their desired future together. Makes sense considering it was probably written with this scene in mind. I wonder if they're going to have another nice song or two later in the show that we haven't heard that will be on the next CD.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-09 at 21:45. Reason: added comment about lyrics
Old 2008-03-09, 19:05   Link #102
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
I guess youre right, but that doesnt take anything away from the show for me

To Shin: Good job getting 3 cute girls to like you, 2 of which liked you from before the show started, one of them for I dont know what reason, and the other because you stayed with her when she was scared ONE night AGES ago (and why was she scared in the first place? because YOU left her alone!) Youre really awesome, the third girl decided to like you because the chicken she liked died, and you said you were sorry for her loss. And uhm... all you did the whole show was be confused. You didnt do much to earn their affections. DIAF~!!!!!

xD

LOL.....complete Shin hater, but I guess most series like this have the same way to developing htings. Shin was pretty good in ep 10 though at the end.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:09   Link #103
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
The crux of saying "[t]he one you like isn't me" is that it implies that you like someone else which is an important point since that would be what Jun doesn't realize.

Assuming it's meant for Jun, it's probably because Jun is refusing her attempts to break off their relationship... he probably does realize that he isn't in love with her, but he sees keeping Hiromi tied down as the way to keep Noe and Shin together and by extension keep Noe happy (which may be the reason for the statement, since it implies that he does like someone, i.e. Noe).

So if it is directed at Jun, it's meant to imply that he actually loves Noe... which is what he has been refusing to admit.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If it really is towards Jun, then it's probably about his desire to make Noe happy, as he feels its his duty as an older brother. I mean, if it is Shinchiro, then I wonder how they are going to create a suspenseful situation in which she ends up telling Shin that he doesn't love her... It can only be Jun in my head, or so I thought...

Looking above, apparently True Tears is 13 eps, which means for me 1 week after Easter weekend. And man.. I wanted to make Easter time better (for me) with the endings of True Tears, Shigofumi, Rosario to Vamp, H2O, and Spice and Wolf. Well, at least I still have the guarentees of Wolf and H2O .

But really, if True Tears is ep 13, it is quite possible that the cast might make the situation more complicated and create a bigger dilemma by going that far down. This means that Hiromi really could be directing her words to Shinchiro. Of course, if it was 12 eps, I would find it harder to believe, as there is only the little time of 1 episode to redeem and bring everything back together...

All in all, episode 10's ending was so ballin. I didn't really like how Hiromi ran though. It was more distinguished in comparison to how anime girls usually run (the arms moving heavily) and seemed more natural, but it didn't really work for me. And the part when she slipped, it seemed like she was flying but took another step and jumped on him instead. Lol.

10/10 nevertheless. <3 T.T.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:25   Link #104
vio5555

@ ApostleOfGod

I agree with you, but I really think we should give the animators the benefit of the doubt for now. They've continued to deliver through the firestorm of doubts (if you remember around ep 8 when people wanted Hiromi to sleep with Jun to "ruin" her), and yet we continue to get superb and well thought out story with strong characters that remain true to their character traits in every episode.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:28   Link #105
ani_d

Quick question you guys. =P During episode 11 preview, the title was "The one you like isn't me." Whose voice was that? I thought that was Noe.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:32   Link #106
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Quick question you guys. =P During episode 11 preview, the title was "The one you like isn't me." Whose voice was that? I thought that was Noe.
It's Hiromi, and the current speculation centers on it being directed towards Jun.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:44   Link #107
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Why did Shinchiro see Noe this episode and take her to his dance practice? Did he feel it was his obligation as a boy friend to take her out, or was it Nobuse's comment about Noe that she is a "good person." Is this "good boy" Shinchiro at work?

When Noe said "just one more time oba-chan" did she finally resign herself from the relationship in her own head?

Anyhow, this episode gets a 9/10 from me, I hope this series can end well!

P.S. Sorry to ask and annoy people but, is True Tears 12 or 13 episodes? I keep hearing different things...
I have been thinking about this and my theory is that he wanted to show Aiko that things with Noe are going well. This is the first time he invites her himself. I think that is why Aiko was putting the happy face and why she decided to not depend on Shin anymore. She wanted to break up with nobuse to remove an obstacle. Now she is trying to also remove the "big sister" tag. I think Aiko still have hopes for Shin in the future if he breaks up with Noe, in her mind he gave up on Hiromi which was the reason Aiko decided to go out with Nobuse. Aiko now has to wait, this is just what I think she is doing. We will have to wait to see what the writers have for her, I don't expect much development for Aiko. She was complete absent in episode 9 while I don't think neither Hiromi nor Noe has even been absent in neither of the 10 episodes so far.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-03-09 at 21:57.
Old 2008-03-09, 21:50   Link #108
landau

It is interesting to see that the pre-order sales rank in amazon jp jumped up a lot after the broadcast of ep.10:

http://w6.oroti.com/~amaran/history/...sin=B00116R1CM
Old 2008-03-09, 22:07   Link #109
Rick_Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
I'm surprised by the only interpretation of Noe's curse speech to pop up so far, because, while it makes sense plot-wise, it doesn't character and setting-wise:

Aiko: I loved Shin.
Noe: There is no way curses exist. If they did, I would have made Shin love me.

This sounds something like: "I'm not armed. If I was, I would be trying to kill you." Not the pinnacle of smooth-talking.

And that would be very, very surprising coming from Noe, who saw that the "imagination of Shin's true heart" designated his "place of flight", an effect of her constantly seeking to "understand his feelings".

Noe aiming to slight Shin's free will in any conceivable way is something I cannot see.

The first thing it made me think of was Noe's quote from the beginning of the show: "A curse always hits two." Her first "curse" brought misery upon herself and Shin. If the second one were to work the same...

Noe: If they existed, I would not be in love with him right now.

Or, in other words, "I would not be suffering so".This is what the hurting but (evident in every scene) acceptant Noe would like to convey.

Food for thought, I suppose. Noe scenes tend to be complex - recall last week's "pain for pain".
I like your thoughts on this particular subject. I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know how accurate the subs were; but from what I interpreted from Noe and Ai's conversation I believed the ending to Noe's statement was going to be:

Noe: If curses did exist then I...[would not be able to cry.]

It just felt like the right way to interpret it to me since supposedly her grandma put a no-crying curse on her so she wouldn't cry, but now she is because she is upset over losing Shin just like when she lost her grandma. And this would partially explain Noe's statement

Noe: "Grandma, just one more...this will be the last time."

Using this interpretation it would mean, "I'll only cry a little more, and then it'll be over." ('Over' being either good over or bad over) But maybe that's not correct. I'm no writer, so I don't know.

Spoiler for Ending Theory:
Old 2008-03-09, 22:14   Link #110
Westlo
Lets be reality

^

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-09, 22:27   Link #111
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Grimes View Post
I think I will have to disagree with your theory. For me, episode 10 really seals it as Shin x Hiromi, and the remaining episodes is for how Shin breaks it officially with Noe, Hiromi with Jun, and how both Jun and Noe cope with it.

Concerning this episode, I absolutely loved it. While before I never really liked Noe (found her cute, but too weird, for example, the last episode, her poking Shins nose, for whatever deeper reason, is weird to me from a normal point of view), this episode showed a very human side of her. I really feel sorry for her (because im convinced that Shin will break up with her), and im excited to see how the series can end with her being happy. Ai-chan, too, made me really like her this episode. Her moving on, reminded me a lot of Kei from ef. I really like her inner strength, her determination to break up with Nobuse because "its not right", and her "Im moving on from you!" made me smile. Its not the perfect end for her, but at least she has learnt to smile again and move on, im sure she will find happiness (I mean, Shin isnt all THAT :P) Talking about Nobuse, I guess I was wrong about him giving up on Ai earlier and trying to get Shin together with her, I guess all the while he was trying to maintain the status quo because he couldnt accept that Ai doesnt like him, and a part of him is hoping that Ai would eventually like him if he tries hard enough. Nobuse says the manliest things, and at the right time, but I guess there is no reason in love. I guess he finally accepted that too, and once again, im glad that he could end it with a smile, even if its a bittersweet smile. I could really feel his jealousy when he said to Shin "youre really luck huh", but then that jealousy is mixed with a genuine happiness (?) that his best friend Shin is such a lucky guy. Nobuse is a true friend! Kinda like me and my buddies *cough*. Oh, and I liked Jun a lot this episode too! The part where he says "Thats not true" in response to his employers "You look like the kind of guy thats good with girls" made him more human. To be seemingly perfect to other people, yet knowing your own faults, and being unable to change those faults, its quite.. a lonely feeling, I guess. I can relate to that (but you dont want to hear about my life).

Hmm.. I wrote a wall of text, sorry. I guess ill summarize my feelings for Hiromi and Shin as:

Hiromi: <3, You look so happy this episode! "Like a maiden in love".

Shin: </3, You dug this big hole, and you know it. You didnt do shit the entire episode again (being nice to Noe, continue pretending you really love her; even Noe knows the truth, and she's willing to accept it, with a smile too. "Its the last time, grandma." Such a brave girl! ;_;. You better find a way for Noe to be happy, I dont know how, thats why I gotta wait for the last 2 episodes.

Ahhhhhhh.

I love this show.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:14   Link #112
Rick_Grimes

Hehehe...rapid fire posting ^__^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
I think I will have to disagree with your theory. For me, episode 10 really seals it as Shin x Hiromi, and the remaining episodes is for how Shin breaks it officially with Noe, Hiromi with Jun, and how both Jun and Noe cope with it.

Shin: </3, You dug this big hole, and you know it. You didnt do shit the entire episode again (being nice to Noe, continue pretending you really love her; even Noe knows the truth, and she's willing to accept it, with a smile too.
I do agree that it does appear that Hiromi/Shin is going to happen based on ep.10, but I believe a lot can happen in 3 more episodes. If they were to make it this clear cut at ep.10 the tension in the remaining three would be gone. Remember, two or three episodes ago most of us would have sworn Noe was going to be the clear winner. So I guess what I'm saying is Hiromi may be ahead right now but there's still 3 minutes in the fourth quarter and Noe has posession, so it's close but it's not over.

Also do we know for certain Shin doesn't like/love Noe? Hiromi does have a history, but it's not based on romantic love. Shin appears to hold an interest in Hiromi on the premise of her requiring someone to be the proverbial shoulder-to-cry-on. I'm not sure if I can say with 100% assurance Shin has no romantic interest in Noe.

Sorry, I guess I'm just really hoping for a Noe/Shin end. I may be selectively ignoring certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^

Spoiler:
Oh sorry, I guess I didn't quite word it accurately. I didn't mean to say Shin would BASE his end decision on some scenery. To be honest I don't know what Shin will base his final decision on. I merely wanted to IDENTIFY that a typical end scenario (not a cause for end scenario) had been developed, and perhaps even foreshadowed through Noe's action in ep.10 (searching but unable to find the stones and referring to the mounting snow burying the stones -- it's just such a profound opportunity for symbolism its hard to ignore). I totally agree that if he just saw those stones, and they made him change his mind; it would be ridiculous. I apologize if I offended you with this opinion.

Last edited by Rick_Grimes; 2008-03-09 at 23:21. Reason: spelling
Old 2008-03-09, 23:27   Link #113
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah. I love this show, too. And I love how this conversation is going. Lots of good points all round, whether I agree with them or not.

I thought at first that the Hiromi end had been sealed, but I guess there is a possibility that the stones reappearing will trigger something in Shin to redirect him back to Noe. I still think it's more likely they will just trigger Noe's true tears, though. A lot would have to happen in the next two eps for a Noe end to be possible.

Clearly Hiromi goes through with her move. She has to. This is real life, as Reckoner said in his excellent post. Funny thing to say about a cartoon, isn't it? But what a cartoon.

I'm slowly coming around to Nobuse as he develops from the silly thing we saw for several episodes into this sadder but wiser man. When Noe was there facing him, I thought of when she was first getting to know Shin. Is NxN possible? Naaaah.

Three episodes seems like a lot to play out what we see coming (more or less what w00tness suggests). But this show does so much that I am not afraid that it will slow down. Whether there are big surprises or not, I expect to be fully engaged.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:31   Link #114
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am little confused about the above statement, you make look like Aiko actually meant what she told Shin about graduating from him, while you later admit that the two girls are not over with it by the part after the climax. I think Aiko is done with Shin, even with her feelings she has decided to give up on Shin in her mind. It is pretty much like what another Sister type of girl is doing in another show. Still we are shown that the two girls are not able to sleep because of what they have on their mind.

If Aiko actually had graduated from Shin, she wouldn't have worries that keep her up at night.
Of course lets give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she is actually regreting breaking up with Nobuse. My bet is that she is still suffering from having to give up on Shin, she telling Noe that she used to like Shin came out unconciously as telling her that it was noe's fault she had to give up on him. Aiko still doesn't know about the deal though. I wonder when Noe and Aiko will find out if they ever do.
Sorry for making a confusing post, but you have pretty much summed up my thoughts. As far as her feelings and internal conflicts concern, Ai-chan is not yet done for (that's what I meant!) when her actions are very suspicious (like what you mentioned about drinking water in the middle of the night). I just hope the show would take the time to develop her character a bit more since she is by far the only one whose development has been close to nil with respect to the other heroines.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:35   Link #115
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I just hope the show would take the time to develop her character a bit more since she is by far the only one whose development has been close to nil with respect to the other heroines.
She has the less amount of screen time! I really don't see why because she is supposed to be a main character, but it feels like Jun who is tagged a minor character has had more screen time! Nobuse has had more screen time than her!
Old 2008-03-09, 23:56   Link #116
Goodwin999

[/QUOTE]

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-03-10, 00:09   Link #117
kissthestick

im so glad i stuck with the series after the dissapointing first ep, it really is one hell of a show now

shame theres only 3 more eps
Old 2008-03-10, 00:13   Link #118
Rick_Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin999 View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for good point:
Old 2008-03-10, 00:46   Link #119
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Grimes View Post
Oh sorry, I guess I didn't quite word it accurately. I didn't mean to say Shin would BASE his end decision on some scenery. To be honest I don't know what Shin will base his final decision on. I merely wanted to IDENTIFY that a typical end scenario (not a cause for end scenario) had been developed, and perhaps even foreshadowed through Noe's action in ep.10 (searching but unable to find the stones and referring to the mounting snow burying the stones -- it's just such a profound opportunity for symbolism its hard to ignore). I totally agree that if he just saw those stones, and they made him change his mind; it would be ridiculous. I apologize if I offended you with this opinion.
You don't need to apologize for having an unoffensive opinion.

In any case, I do believe that it is unlikely at this point for a convincing end for ShinxNoe to occur, since it would have to strongly overturn a lot of what has driven us on this path.

The biggest obstacle that Noe faces is that the sum total of Shin's feelings can be counted in two instances: the first was when he wavered slightly towards her in his room while thinking about Hiromi and Noe and concluding that he might have some kind of feelings for Noe (just unclear what and how deep they are), and the second is that he wrote out the message in the stones and was dating her as a consequence of the deal. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that they probably have more than this in Shin's mind, but nowhere near how clouded his mind has been with Hiromi over the past 10 episodes (I think you can agree with me on that much).

In any case for this theorized end to occur, it would have to go against the intuitive path that has been laid bare towards Hiromi. We would need several things to occur:

(I'm going to put spoiler marks here because I don't want to ruin anything for people who don't want to know what's going to happen later if they've been totally ignoring the upcoming events...)

(I removed what I posted: if anyone cares I'll post it in the future issues thread with speculation..., in any case it still stands)

The biggest problems with the "ShinxNoe scenario" is that it really overturns what we've been totally led to believe about Shin and Hiromi's mutual feelings...; sure the animators could go with one, but the reason they're so impossible is because I don't even think they'd leave the "at any cost"-Noe fans very content. This doesn't even begin to describe how much more convincing Noe's true tears would be in a "Noe loss" scenario than in a "Noe win" scenario at this point...

In any case we're all conjecturing here, but I think either way, they'll come up with a solid ending that's worthy of the last 10 episodes, and certainly far better than what I've come up with...

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-10 at 06:23.
Old 2008-03-10, 01:24   Link #120
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Just a reminder Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Welcome to the discussion thread for True Tears, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy

Regardless of being spoiler tagged, Please refrain from posting Future event spoilers in this thread. This Thread is only for This episode and this episode alone. Even though some will spoiler tag their post, This might ( can) lead to responses about such spoilers that are not tagged.