AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-02-12, 09:23   Link #1
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Can't Upload Group Icon for My Social Group

I am the creator of a social group and I seem to be unable to upload a new group icon for the social group.

I have tried to upload a new icon from photobucket (which I use for my regular avatar and signature) and even tried using my imageshack account. I have also tried option 2, uploading directing from my computer. Both options lead me to a vBulletin message saying "Unable to save image". I had deleted the old group icon (probably a mistake on my part now) and even trying to upload that old group icon yields that "Unable to save image" message. The old group pic was uplaoded from photobucket, so I have no idea why it wouldn't work again.

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 102.4KB (whichever is smaller)."

I have made sure the image is in the required specs. The old group image was 200x200 and below 102.4KB. The new group icon I am trying to upload is 192x192 and 12.42KB, so I'm confused as why the icon will not be uploaded. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 2010-02-12, 12:21   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The problem is probably related to the recent server move and caused by a file permissions issue.

Essentially all existing group icons were owned by user "animesuki" while the webserver software (which tries to create/overwrite/delete the icons) runs as user "www-data".

I've now changed the file permissions so that all user uploaded files (including group icons, signature pics, avatars, etc) are owned by user "www-data", which should allow the webserver software to overwrite existing files.

Anyway... try it again - hopefully it's now fixed.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 13:08   Link #3
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Still not working unfortunately.
Old 2010-02-12, 13:30   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Fixed. You can upload a new image now.

@GHDpro: The settings for the Social Group's images are separate from the other image storage settings so I missed it.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 18:18   Link #5
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Thanks. Seems to working properly now.