AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 11:05   Link #221
Kagayaki

Old 2011-10-16, 11:37   Link #222
miketyson

Wow, that OP is fantastic, just as wonderfully over-the-top as the story. Thanks for posting it. If that's the OP I am more comfortable the series won't be holding back too much.

It's nothing like I would've guessed but strangely appropriate. That said, I did have to laugh a bit at *aggro* Muru Muru.

Edit: it's also confirming my suspicion about the CGI Deus Ex Machina: I doubt Asread has the budget to really do the series right if they hand-drew everything, so I'm guessing we'll see a lot of CGI for the settings and backdrops as a cost-cutting measure; this lets them focus on hand-animating the characters and fights. Not a perfect way to do it but a good way to do it better than your budget allows.

Last edited by miketyson; 2011-10-16 at 11:40. Reason: Added CGI comments.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 11:48   Link #223
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
The moment the song started I knew it was Yousei Teikoku. Their gothic rock style is kind of distinct.

Haven't watched the episode yet, but the rest of the series is gonna be awesome after seeing that opening.
Old 2011-10-16, 12:06   Link #224
konart

Quote:
<OP>
Spoiler for spoilers:

and the OP is surely bloody awesome - best one in this season
Old 2011-10-16, 12:31   Link #225
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok, that's one messed up OP that i had no idea what was happening. Except maybe blood.
Old 2011-10-16, 12:53   Link #226
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 2 was way better production wise, but the direction was really uninspiring, leaving the mood with lots left to be desired.
I was expecting fast transitions and a heavy mood with tension, but it was sort of subpar, along with discreet BGM.

That being said, it was quite faithful to the manga, to the point it also repeats the same fault as the latter (Kurusu's gun and Minene's bike ).
Ah well, there is room for improvement anyway.
Old 2011-10-16, 13:53   Link #227
solomon

that op is awesome on a stick, a bloody evil stick
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:19   Link #228
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A word from Ryuunosuke to Minene:
"Omae, CHO KOOOOOOOOO~L DAZE!"

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:38   Link #229
miketyson

Watched episode 2. I have to agree with Klashikari: with better direction this episode should've been a nail-biter from start to finish, but instead it just seemed really flat. The mismatch between what I was seeing and how it felt was pretty noticeable.

It covered a lot of ground for one episode and I think this part of the story would've worked better slowed down a bit more, but it has to fit in the available timeslot. I also don't like the Muru-Muru scenes, they make a rushed story feel even more rushed b/c the episode loses another 1-2 minutes of story time. That 1-2 minutes in this episode could've gone a *long* way to improving the tone in some key scenes.

Also, the animation is really, really low-budget looking. The actual illustrations are mostly great, it's just the parts that move that seem really cheap (other than explosions, etc., that're probably CGI).

I'm not trying to hate on the show so soon, but it's giving me the feeling of the show getting the best effort of a studio and budget not quite up to the task. I'd love to be proven wrong.

It's also clear how closely it'll follow the manga, which is good and bad; it's a great manga but it has a lot of flaws, and some of the stuff covered in this episode would be improved by getting changed.

Spoiler for Details:

Last edited by miketyson; 2011-10-16 at 14:45. Reason: Added thoughts, fixed name
Old 2011-10-16, 14:51   Link #230
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Wow... That's one great, but very twisted opening (especially towards the ending with two Yunos). Giving a clear idea that this anime will have lots, and lots, and lots of blood..
Old 2011-10-16, 14:52   Link #231
solomon

Boy tough crowd.

I was surprised just how entertaining it was despite me already reading that part of the manga.

Production values are par for the course for tv. Not low budget but not great movement either. Not a real issue however.

As for miketysons complaints.

I can understand where you are coming from but as opposed to nearly every other form of material adaption, manga to anime seems always "by the book" lest you unleash the wrath of hordes of bloodthirsty otaku who have been wronged.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 15:07   Link #232
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed ep2. Really felt like the manga. Sure the animation is second-rate, but good enough for me. The seiyuu aren't, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 15:27   Link #233
miketyson

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today. The 1st episode took some small liberties with the storyline and got my hopes up this might not be as by-the-book as most manga adaptions.
Old 2011-10-16, 15:55   Link #234
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

good lord i just love Yuno, back when the manga ended i red the last few chapters so i know whats gona happen, but dam i know shes a crasy stalker but dam whats not to love about Yuno lol
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:12   Link #235
jcdietz03

That OP! Crazy! The part at the end is about how Yuno hates Yukiteru but has to help him. Or something.

We meet the two new diary users!
Kissing scene does not feel forced!
Yuno so hot! But so crazy! Those gym clothes! She looks great in anything!
Yuno has iron constitution! She can jump out of a 2nd story window without a scratch!
And explosions everywhere! Damn, this is the best show ever!

The Yuno crazy:
"I will definitely kill you," said right after she saves him. I interpret this to mean I will be the one to kill you (i.e. I won't let anyone else do it).
[thinking] "These people aren't Yukkii's nakama, therefore they deserve to die."

My Japanese is bad, so there might be errors.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:38   Link #236
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
That OP! Crazy! The part at the end is about how Yuno hates Yukiteru but has to help him. Or something.
Yuno does not hate Yuki, completly the oposite in case you couldn't tell.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:03   Link #237
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
True ED:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:57   Link #238
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A word from Ryuunosuke to Minene:
"Omae, CHO KOOOOOOOOO~L DAZE!"

Spoiler for ep2:
why are you surprised they're all Japanese? its a Japanese comic book i mean does it really matter? everything doesnt have to be so worldly and inclusive, sometimes people like boxes
Old 2011-10-17, 19:00   Link #239
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post

We meet the two new diary users!
Kissing scene does not feel forced!
Yuno so hot! But so crazy! Those gym clothes! She looks great in anything!
Yuno has iron constitution! She can jump out of a 2nd story window without a scratch!
And explosions everywhere! Damn, this is the best show ever!

The Yuno crazy:
"I will definitely kill you," said right after she saves him. I interpret this to mean I will be the one to kill you (i.e. I won't let anyone else do it).
[thinking] "These people aren't Yukkii's nakama, therefore they deserve to die."

My Japanese is bad, so there might be errors.

actually its the opposite Yuno is quite literately crazy in love with Yuki
Old 2011-10-17, 19:38   Link #240
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Best opening in this season? Confirm or Deny?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere