AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 20:57   Link #881
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The director seems pretty incompetent, outside of Kamisama dolls, I can't say I approve of any of his work.
LoL. I'd say Kamisama Dolls is right up his alley considering everything else he's done. His one anomaly that sticks out like a sore thumb from his highschool kid shows is Yugo the Negotiator, which is a fairly mature drama (also one of my favorite anime) unlike anything else on his resume. I believe it was the first show he directed, after which he never did anything remotely similar to it again.

So, I'm torn. Do I consider the man behind one of my favorite shows incompetent? Or do I chalk up Yugo to having great source material even an incompetent director couldn't screw up? I'm leaning towards the latter, so while I disagree with your statement on Kamisama Dolls (ie: I think it's fairly standard fare that is very similar to the vast majority of his works), I totally agree he is an incompetent.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 21:07   Link #882
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The rooster cries and the sun rises, doesn't mean he made it happen.

This thing would have happened even if there wasn't a stats eye-catcher because it's clearly the studio's intention to have the main character develop as the story progress; the stats eye-catcher's main purpose was simply aesthetic and to actually show a physical change... You know, just in case people don't get it.
Suppose we'll see about that when he slowly start seeing Yuu unbutton his shirt as the episodes progress and his stats increase, until finally hip-thrusting his way through the final boss in a show of sparks.

... I'd give it a 10.
Old 2011-10-18, 21:22   Link #883
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Suppose we'll see about that when he slowly start seeing Yuu unbutton his shirt as the episodes progress and his stats increase, until finally hip-thrusting his way through the final boss in a show of sparks.

... I'd give it a 10.
...I can't tell if you're joking
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:17   Link #884
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
So, how did he get his courage to level up?
"You just summoned a badass persona with the name of japan's creator god and beat the crap out of some big tongue monster, Your Courage has greatly increased!!"
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:14   Link #885
tsunade666

Spoiler for Episode 03!!!! woot wild card power explodes!:
Old 2011-10-20, 14:53   Link #886
Key Board
Carbon

the paper cranes make a return

Narukami's really into it
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 16:09   Link #887
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Jack Frost X kage-hime-Yukiko, I can't wait to see that
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 16:18   Link #888
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Jack Frost X kage-hime-Yukiko, I can't wait to see that
It's Pyro Jack
Old 2011-10-20, 16:38   Link #889
Yuna Amakura

Just watched it and I must say I was really pleased.

Last edited by Yuna Amakura; 2011-10-20 at 17:15.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 18:43   Link #890
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
There are quite of bit of touches in this episode that will make the original game fans squeal!
Old 2011-10-20, 19:09   Link #891
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So to sum up the episode: Yu's Knowledge and Understanding increased, Chie confronted her shadow self and received her Persona and Yu gained the Chariot arcana because of his bond with Chie.

And I'm surprised they actually did have Yu change his Persona to Pyro Jack. I'm guessing most fights will have him start with Izanagi but then later on he'll change it to something different when things get difficult. Nice to see Jiraiya in action too with his signature Garu techniques. I guess the shorter an action scene is the cooler it is allowed to look.~

Yu also managed to be pretty funny this episode. "I'm gonna cry" and "I should have recorded that" made me laugh.

Looks like Yukiko's episode is next week.~
Old 2011-10-20, 19:15   Link #892
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

All the game callbacks are pretty awesome, but still suit the visual style of the show. Also, the OP and ED are growing on me.

Spoiler for comparisons to the game up til this point, no actual spoilers:

But that's all just second-guessing the direction. The episode was lots of fun. I can't wait for next week.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:42   Link #893
rpgman1

Episode has improved drastically from the previous one. Those masks that Chie have remind me of Shirley from Code Geass R2. I could've sworn Narukami said Jack o' Lantern anyway. Wish Persona combos would've work like back in P2.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:49   Link #894
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
It was actually a pretty decent episode. Narukami gets bonus points for witty comments, folding dem paper cranes has to have helped.

Humor was good, but I feel as though they could work on establishing the mood for the serious parts. They played the dark mystery tone, then we got an Adachi nonchalant ramble that overpowered any sinking feeling. We got a sad Chie, then a happy one the very next second. They could have done little things like lowering Adachi's voice and giving Chie a tiny pause/bite of lip (though that's kinda cliche) to set the mood.

Very happy to see Pyro Jack. Plenty of fighting going on. The digitalizing shadow touch is kinda weird. Right now it's a bit intrusive, but not so much and I'll probably adapt soon.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:57   Link #895
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
It was actually a pretty decent episode. Narukami gets bonus points for witty comments, folding dem paper cranes has to have helped.

Humor was good, but I feel as though they could work on establishing the mood for the serious parts. They played the dark mystery tone, then we got an Adachi nonchalant ramble that overpowered any sinking feeling. We got a sad Chie, then a happy one the very next second. They could have done little things like lowering Adachi's voice and giving Chie a tiny pause/bite of lip (though that's kinda cliche) to set the mood.

Very happy to see Pyro Jack. Plenty of fighting going on. The digitalizing shadow touch is kinda weird. Right now it's a bit intrusive, but not so much and I'll probably adapt soon.
When you say digitizing it reminds me of Digimon. The fire and wind combo spell works out pretty well. Brings back the old Persona touch of emphasizing certain spells to unleash devastating combo spells. Can't help with the studio rushing through the story when the game was incredibly long.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:09   Link #896
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Hanamura got them arrested. So Chie now has a persona. Wonder where Yukiko actually is. Nice to see she kept the dog. SO how did Narukami get another persona?
Old 2011-10-20, 22:24   Link #897
Shadow5YA

Isn't Pyro Jack a lv32 persona? Someone is overleveled for this boss fight...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 22:34   Link #898
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2011-10-20, 23:16   Link #899
justsomeguy

Holy shit, a vastly improved episode, even over the previous. They added a few scenes and lines that were not in the game at all and smoothed every thing out!

Spoiler:

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:32   Link #900
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two things:

1) Narukami has some awesome one-liners Everything from "I think I'm gonna cry", "I should have taped it" to the classic "I don't know him"

2) HOLY SHIT I take that back, they've actually gonna make Yuu use more than one Persona ?!?! But Pyro Jack ? Shouldn't they start with Jack Frost Or is it because this Boss' weakness is fire and wind so they need Agi and Garu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
SO how did Narukami get another persona?
He won it in a random card draw while fighting the trash mobs...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy