AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 14:02   Link #3001
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
No such thing as bad publicity, they say...
No matter how bad it is, they can always spin it in a positive way. PR at its finest!
Old 2012-04-14, 14:57   Link #3002
Tiberium Wolf

These recent days I have been playing also ME1 and ME2 and noticed that from the 3 games only ME2 has the most interesting bystanders talks.

In citadel dock: "SIR ISSAC NEWTON IS THE DEADLIEST SON OF A B***** IN SPACE"

In Illium eternity bar in the table with a turian, salarian, human and an asari dancer. You need to press the action several times to get all the lines.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:31   Link #3003
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Just got it this weekend and gave up 30 mins in. Textures are so bad their making my eyes hurt. Wonder if theres any chance we'll get a hi res patch like DA2 got?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 09:55   Link #3004
killer3000ad

So it seems that alot of your former squadmates and new allies were supposed to feature in the final battle if these dialogue files are anything to go by.

Jack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AK6vz4_bM
Grunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMgonVe5XrM
Jacob http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEDng9bSOE
Zaeed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPJ_QsIVOD0
Geth Prime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq5p8xLP_WQ

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-04-25 at 10:30.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 11:30   Link #3005
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Figures fem shep Heh...

Spoiler for At Bioware:
Old 2012-04-25, 13:19   Link #3006
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Personally I found Hale's performance in the first game to be somewhat lacking.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:47   Link #3007
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Personally I found Hale's performance in the first game to be somewhat lacking.
Agreed. Flat and boring is how I described it to a friend back in 2007. In fact, I didn't even finish the first game with Hale until much later (Mark Meer's main problem has always been overacting, but at least he has some definite passion). It was only after I played through an independent FemShep file on ME2 that I began to like Hale (which, in turn, caused me to go back and complete the first game again just to have a complete FemShep file).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 14:09   Link #3008
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

EA got given that worst company in America award and they just responded with:
Quote:
"We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."
They still don't care
Quote taken from http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57...o-make-amends/
Old 2012-04-25, 15:58   Link #3009
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Can we please ditch the stupid Meer vs. Hale argument? If I see Kyero post one more time about "OMG FEMSHEP OH NOES I SO OFFENDED OMG" I'm going to explode.

Edit: Not everyone who plays female characters or takes the lesbian romance path in video games are horny males looking for T&A or potential lesbian sex scenes.

Some of us are actual girls (omg I know it's so surprising, girls on the internet and playing PC games, whoda thunk it?!) and we want to play a character that we can more closely identify with!

/rant over
Old 2012-04-26, 07:24   Link #3010
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Huh? I was only going on about how it was kinda obvious people were gonna pick hale over meer. I mean she's very experienced while Meer isn't if they wanted to give male and female a even match they shoulda picked someone more suited like the person I mentioned. Along with making him non-generic looking.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that, but atleast its better than another 10 pages of how the ending blows and EA sucks...

I don't think i've ever meant to start one, Because both manshep femshep's voice acter's are okay. the only Vs match of VAer's I would mean to start is of the crew.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-04-26 at 08:22.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:51   Link #3011
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
EA got given that worst company in America award and they just responded with:

They still don't care
Quote taken from http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57...o-make-amends/
You know, I still don't understand how a game company that makes imperfect games (a luxury, not a necessity) with dubious business practices that at worst only causes consumer rage is a worse company to those that not only cheats money and necessary services out of their customers but also tangibly ruins their lives and fortunes.

Only reason the Consumerist poll gets noticed is because it's highly vocal with a good net presence, but given the sample size it's hardly a good indicator whether a business is the worst or not.

Not saying that EA is the paragon of gaming, but people simply blow its "crimes" way out of proportion. If EA screws me over, I lose $60. If a bank screws me over, I lose my entire fortune and then some.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 09:58   Link #3012
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know, I still don't understand how a game company that makes imperfect games (a luxury, not a necessity) with dubious business practices that at worst only causes consumer rage is a worse company to those that not only cheats money and necessary services out of their customers but also tangibly ruins their lives and fortunes.
Because Bank of America had been winning EVERY year, and it is about time someone else gets the glory. At some point attack BoA is just beating a dead horse. No point having the award any more if we can't point out others worthy of disdain.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:30   Link #3013
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Because Bank of America had been winning EVERY year, and it is about time someone else gets the glory. At some point attack BoA is just beating a dead horse. No point having the award any more if we can't point out others worthy of disdain.
Hah, my dad told me if I ever. Go to BoA he'd kick me out of the house. Thank God for PNC

The rage for EA isn't just from MA3, there's been other games that thatt have added to the rage meter. I think Sims 3 wass one.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:34   Link #3014
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The rage for EA isn't just from MA3, there's been other games that thatt have added to the rage meter. I think Sims 3 wass one.
The C&C 4 incident was also notable. Especially since it completely destroyed a franchise. At least people still care about Mass Effect; C&C has disappeared from gaming radar all together.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:47   Link #3015
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What's C&C? Crackers and cheese? =\
Old 2012-04-26, 11:12   Link #3016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What's C&C? Crackers and cheese? =\
My point exactly. There was a time when C&C was a household gaming title, with Warcraft as its rival...
Old 2012-04-26, 11:26   Link #3017
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
My point exactly. There was a time when C&C was a household gaming title, with Warcraft as its rival...
Crackers and Cheese is a game? HhhuuWuaaaah?

Yea..kidding aside yea I never got to play it but I've heard of it.

Back on ME3, I can't wait to see the complaints about the DLC's...
Old 2012-04-26, 11:35   Link #3018
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:

Only reason the Consumerist poll gets noticed is because it's highly vocal with a good net presence, but given the sample size it's hardly a good indicator whether a business is the worst or not.

Not saying that EA is the paragon of gaming, but people simply blow its "crimes" way out of proportion. If EA screws me over, I lose $60. If a bank screws me over, I lose my entire fortune and then some.
I don't know much about BoA and what they have done. I know that America is in horrific dept because of many banks, but again I dont know much about the situation. I think they just gave it to EA because they have been in the spotlight a lot.

Also: C&C = Command and Conquer
Awesome RTS well most of them, last 2 have been flops.
Old 2012-04-26, 20:38   Link #3019
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

he finally did it...

Old 2012-04-26, 21:05   Link #3020
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:

Why should they get a free pass to screw their customers just because they make something we don't need? This is horseshit. I read this everywhere. Why is it only okay to be mad at people who make certain products and screw over their customers?

Bad actors should be chastised accordingly, regardless of the product they make! They continue to get away with this kind of behavior because people dismiss it as being "just a silly game."

Well that "silly game" pays the salaries of hundreds of people and contributed millions to the economy. That's not silly. The game industry is not small potatoes anymore.

Tags
effect, games, mass