AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-28, 18:11   Link #23941
Sumeragi
Banned

Think of Stiyl: He just needs to use his rune card.
Old 2013-01-28, 18:15   Link #23942
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Another random thought.

Birdways "weakness" was that she has a limited number of moves and to use them she needs perform a specific action or "ritual". This made sense to me originally but then I thought... what the hell aren't most magicians like that in the first place? How is that a game-changing weakness?
The illusion of having an unlimited array of attacks makes your opponent think you are near invincible, especially for someone who needs to figure out the attack patterns to have a chance at victory, and I'm not sure if I got this part right, but the ritual in Birdy's case is to strenghten the spell, not casting it.
Old 2013-01-28, 18:21   Link #23943
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
She was under a great trauma that no innocent pure good girl should be under. Give her a break.
I dont blame her for that, but you know.... afterwards... When every thing settles down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The illusion of having an unlimited array of attacks makes your opponent think you are near invincible, especially for someone who needs to figure out the attack patterns to have a chance at victory, and I'm not sure if I got this part right, but the ritual in Birdy's case is to strenghten the spell, not casting it.
It's sort of both- the more she uses it, the stronger it gets.

Sort of like the 'tales of' series combat system.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:27   Link #23944
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah but we all knew what happened to Baba in the end- we still don't have anything conclusive about Shinobu...

...Did Mikoto even remember she was teaming up with someone back then? Not even Kamijou was that insensitive when he was with Stiyl !

I certainly hope not- It's actually more disturbing to get no news... Unless that's what Kamachi was aiming for- to show what happens if you mess with the Dark side and failed.
If nothing else she was probably set free when Accelerator shut down the Dark Side.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:41   Link #23945
Miraluka
Banned

To they have a reason to keep her alive??

Come on, its the dark side, trash can be replaced by trash and thos involved are less worth than that.
Old 2013-01-28, 20:24   Link #23946
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I thought it was obvious she is dead by now after being caught by ITEM, I don't think she would be of any use anyway afterall, her role on the project was already done but insisted on getting close, I guess that raised some suspicions.
Quote:
To they have a reason to keep her alive??

Come on, its the dark side, trash can be replaced by trash and thos involved are less worth than that.
She's still a brilliant researcher. IRC, she made Testament. Killing her would be a waste of brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Nunotaba is not killed, Kinuhata goes out of her way to make sure of that... basically though her "life as she knew it" was over, which I took to mean we wouldn't be seeing her again. I took it to mean that she would be forced to do research for some shady experiment with no hope of outside contact.
That's my line of thought too. If fact, I think it's likely that she was forced to work on a "New Testament" ... And which could very well be the cyborg system that made Hamazura a Kamen Rider.

Well, that idea has been shoved aside here, but I'll still support it until I'm proven wrong (with facts from the novels, not speculation)
Old 2013-01-28, 21:15   Link #23947
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
She's still a brilliant researcher. IRC, she made Testament. Killing her would be a waste of brain.
Like how AC treated Amai Ao after he developed the Misaka Network and made Full Tunning by shoving all the blame of Level 6 Shift Project's "failure" on him?

If the members of the Board of Directors can be replaced if Aleister feels like it I can't see how they would spare her.

Quote:
They still didn't kill him.
They killed him socially and economically.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:20   Link #23948
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Like how AC treated Amai Ao after he developed the Misaka Network and made Full Tunning by shoving all the blame of Level 6 Shift Project's "failure" on him?
They still didn't kill him.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:20   Link #23949
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Who said it was AC that did it? Most likely someone's son had a hand at that.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:22   Link #23950
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Who said it was AC that did it? Most likely someone's son had a hand at that.
So, what if someona's son had a hand at killing her?
Old 2013-01-28, 21:38   Link #23951
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If the members of the Board of Directors can be replaced if Aleister feels like it I can't see how they would spare her.
By that logic they wouldn't be sparing anybody now would they?

Sure if they had to, but what makes this a 'had to' situation?

Quote:
They killed him socially and economically.
But they still didn't kill him so your example is off.
Old 2013-01-29, 04:13   Link #23952
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

So I read the whole of Index NT: 6 in one go just now and I have to say, this whole volume was epic; the fights, the interactions, and everything else in between.

My favourite characters in the whole volume were Birdway and Beetle 05, they just sort-of 'clicked' with me. Birdway with her reaching where she is with hard work, and the Beetle having its existential crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Here are spoilers from NT6.
Keep in mind that NT6 wasn't released yet, so they might not be exactly accurate
(but according to js06, it might be the same guy that posted those accurate NT5 spoilers)

Spoilers
Spoiler for NT6 spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Glad to see these original spoilers from before were true in the end; not that I didn't read it when it was first posted.
It's funny to see the skepticism turned out to unnecessary, but it was well deserved at the time.
Old 2013-01-29, 04:52   Link #23953
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Have Full-Tuning appear yet? if not then I think she perfect clone of Misaka.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-29, 04:58   Link #23954
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Have Full-Tuning appear yet? if not then I think she perfect clone of Misaka.
I heavily doubt she'd be a perfect copy.
The previous 20000 Radio Noise clones plus the Misaka Worst aren't on her level.
Old 2013-01-29, 05:36   Link #23955
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

yeah but Full-Tuning number is 00000 and i read from some where that she isn't part of level 6 shift clones but some thing different.
I for one would like to see her as a perfect clone of Misaka with lvl 5 Electromaster and that she would fight against Misaka Mikoto for Touma affection.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-29, 05:57   Link #23956
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
yeah but Full-Tuning number is 00000 and i read from some where that she isn't part of level 6 shift clones but some thing different.
I for one would like to see her as a perfect clone of Misaka with lvl 5 Electromaster and that she would fight against Misaka Mikoto for Touma affection.
I'm not exactly a big fan of the clones- any of them. It's fine when they're in the scene for comedy purposes but for everything, especially romance... >_>

I think there are other more interesting characters to give that a shot- one Misaka is enough for Kamijou.
Old 2013-01-29, 06:01   Link #23957
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I think there are other more interesting characters to give that a shot- one Misaka is enough for Kamijou.
There is never enough Misaka for Kamijou.
Old 2013-01-29, 06:54   Link #23958
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
There is never enough Misaka for Kamijou.
I would prioritized the rest of them behind the likes of Maria, Misaki, Orsola and even Fukiyose (who I'm conflicted about)
Old 2013-01-29, 07:09   Link #23959
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now now let's not go around arranging marriages for the young'uns.
Old 2013-01-29, 07:19   Link #23960
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Now now let's not go around arranging marriages for the young'uns.
Mah~ if I were to be super serious, the only one I'm supporting from NT so far is Maria until they deny her application

I'm okay with Misaki, but Im waiting for more from railgun first before deciding anything
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen