AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 07:26   Link #501
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorasaga
In another word: this anime series was forced to end earlier than planned, despite its tremendous popularity, because of external pressure from a certain party. Does anyone think so too?

I want to prove this matter. Maybe this topic is worth a new discussion thread...
I don't really feel this is the case, even if the end was "rushed", they could have pulled only a few extra episodes out without it being pure filler. As the manga is currently still running the Yakitate game show (Yakitate 25) as far as I know, the only thing the anime could do after completeing Yakitate 9 would be to run an entire arc (season even) of filler in the hopes that the manga advances to a point where they have enough new manga to create another real arc.

Sunrise could possibly have also wanted to get Gintama underway sooner and cut down on the ending (I think that's what replaced Yakitate). It's not like it's unprecedented where a show has 1 or 2 episodes reduced from it's count because the same company is making the show that replaces it and wants to get it on the air a few weeks sooner.
Old 2006-06-16, 09:23   Link #502
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the ending was good. i was wondering how they would cram everything in the last 2 episodes and it turned out ok.

kawachi should have indeed ended up with tsukino. although azuma has been protecting her in the later part of the series, it was originally her making a bond with kawachi to support azuma.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 13:04   Link #503
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
kawachi should have indeed ended up with tsukino. although azuma has been protecting her in the later part of the series, it was originally her making a bond with kawachi to support azuma.

I agree, I liked the idea of Kawachi and Tsukino, but they made Kawachi into the "butt" of all the jokes later. He had some talent, they should have let him have some glory.

But other then that, they did a good job of squeezing all that in.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 20:51   Link #504
andromeda0201

this was a nice ride!! am going to miss all the hilarious reactions
one thing I have forgotton, what is Meister Kirisaki's position in Phantasia? I thought that he was the general manager of Phantasia but if Yukino sold Phantasia to St. Pierre does that mean she is the actual owner? why didn't the meister had any say?
I'm hoping for a 2nd season
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 13:28   Link #505
hakasan

I thought the beginning of the last episode looked rushed actually. My first thought was: did I miss downloading an episode before this???
But I supposed after getting my head round the initial bit, it was a good episode and a good ending.
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 15:07   Link #506
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

meister is the general manager of the store chains, how bread is made, etc.

yukino holds the most stock in the company and apparently uses that to influence corporate decisions like the CEO or president would.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:04   Link #507
touchthesun
the pencil progeny

Now that Yakitate Japan! is over, like everyone else, I'd like to express a big thank you and heads up to the Anime-Empire staff for taking on this project. All the research, puns and cultural/pop cultural references and the quality and the calibur of each episode was top notch. Really wonderful job guys! Thank you so very much.

As for my reaction, like most of the Yakitate fans, I am very sad that the anime ended so soon. I have no idea if the abrupt ending is due to any copywright issues, budget constraint, or a new project in the works. Regardless, given whatever the circumstance, the ending in itself wasn't too bad. It did seem a bit anticlimactic and sudden though.

One thing that really bugs me is that...
Spoiler:

In the end, I will sorely really miss all the puns, guest anime appearances, cultural references, Kawachi's ever changing hairstyle, random and often disturbing appearances of Kiddo and most especially Kuroyan's mind boggling and death defying reactions. Luckily the manga lives on. Still, this series was one of the few anime I've continued to watch and really enjoy. Here's to the series that made bread funny and delicious again.
touchthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:06   Link #508
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
this was a nice ride!! am going to miss all the hilarious reactions
one thing I have forgotton, what is Meister Kirisaki's position in Phantasia? I thought that he was the general manager of Phantasia but if Yukino sold Phantasia to St. Pierre does that mean she is the actual owner? why didn't the meister had any say?
I'm hoping for a 2nd season
In the manga (post-Monaco) it was mentioned that the Meister was part of Tsukino's "advisory commitee" of sorts along with Manager Ken, since Tsukino was indeed too young to handle the task of being president of Pantasia on her own. So based on that, I would say the Meister's position as Pantasia's Main Branch GM is stil there.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:17   Link #509
aikming

Actually the anime ended quite sastifactory. If they continue and make anime from the manga, things will get quite cheesy and boring. I lost interest in Yakitate Japan manga after a few arc of yakitate 9. Since the manga has 25 boxes, there's more story but the drawing got worse and story got even more ridiculous. So to end anime with episode 69 is actually a good thing, makes the anime a nice memory.
Old 2006-06-21, 02:34   Link #510
Amuse
BECK

Thanks AE for subbing this! I love bread now! Learned so much about Japanese bread from this show.

I'm gonna go to a local Japanese bakery and buy some 'pans' this week
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:05   Link #511
ekim19

Episode 69

I think I recall in episode 68, it mentioned that episode 69 would be an hour long special. But the torrents that I find only seem to be for a half hour show. Anyone know if half of it's been cut off? The first half of the episode does seem to be lacking something.
ekim19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:20   Link #512
meingts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim19
I think I recall in episode 68, it mentioned that episode 69 would be an hour long special.
You recall incorrectly. It does mention that episode 69 is the last episode, but nothing about an hour-long special.
meingts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 19:07   Link #513
zajhein
Vizard

Yeah, it was surprising that they really jumped into the action of the last episode. Hardly knew what was going on but just had to accept it. I would have rather seen them use part of eps 68 to do something for 69, but the whole lord of the rings thing was pretty funny. The last episode was kinda bland even when they brought everyone together and it was the last episode, but it was good enough.

Overall, I loved the anime with the reactions, tons of puns, and cool bread ideas. It actually made me want to eat bread more, except there's only crappy bakeries where i live, and i'm not much of a baker. But yea, probably the funniest new anime i've seen.
zajhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:10   Link #514
Rurouni

Quick question people since I haven't seen all the Yakitate Japan episodes yet (I'm at #41):

How close does the anime follow the manga? Does the anime cover the complete manga or is there more YP to read after seeing the anime?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:58   Link #515
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni
Quick question people since I haven't seen all the Yakitate Japan episodes yet (I'm at #41):

How close does the anime follow the manga? Does the anime cover the complete manga or is there more YP to read after seeing the anime?

I would say very close. more than 90%. However, the anime does not cover the complete manga. In fact, there is a difference in the sense that the anime is 9 boxes but the manga is 25 boxes. Anyway, the manga is still ongoing. this is quick reply. hope it helps
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 09:05   Link #516
SayanMk
Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin

Send a message via Yahoo to SayanMk
It was a great anime. I never seen one anime to parody it self, and so good.
Takitate Gohan (S2) was the best in the parodies. I saw most of my favorite animes
The main thing I wanted to say is: hail Anime Empire. It would take me days to understand the ingrediens of a normal episode
SayanMk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 09:15   Link #517
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
LoL! I found this while looking for reference images:

http://www.nbbd.com/bakery/images/outside10.jpg

(I hope no one posted this before.) >.>

About the series... i thought it got a bit old later on but I liked it over all. =) #2 in my top 5.

But The main flaw I thought was that... Azuma turned out to be too good that there wasn't much room for improvement - his development as a main character. The fact that Kawachi turned into a clown bugged me as well. His sole role in the series was to question Azuma on behalf of the audience. Also Tsukino - I would have liked to see her more in action. She was just a decoration if you ask me. (Even Monica whose supposed to be eye candy was an even more interesting character.) The strongest characters I thought were Kirisaki (St Pierre Owner) and Kuroyanagi.

But what I liked was the research, the detail - and although the idea is definitely not original (there's other bread/food battle manga out there) it was well executed over all.
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 10:20   Link #518
Lotiman

Yakitate! is a good show
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 11:26   Link #519
Rurouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
I would say very close. more than 90%. However, the anime does not cover the complete manga. In fact, there is a difference in the sense that the anime is 9 boxes but the manga is 25 boxes. Anyway, the manga is still ongoing. this is quick reply. hope it helps
So that means that maybe there'll be more of YJ right? Or does the anime stop at 69 (in terms of 'ends the story')?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 14:31   Link #520
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni
So that means that maybe there'll be more of YJ right? Or does the anime stop at 69 (in terms of 'ends the story')?
Lets just leave it at "there's potential for another series", but it's not about to happen soon. Yakitate 25 got cut down to Yakitate 9 in the anime probably to avoid the classic problem of massive "filler" style episodes, and since as far as I'm aware, they aren't even done Yakitate 25 in the manga, there is nothing else to animate presently.

If the manga continues on beyond Yakitate 25, you might see another series, but it could be a while before enough material is produced to do that so they don't intersect the manga like Bleach and Naruto are doing. So think of Yakitate Japan ep 69 as 'end of story' unless something else comes out.