Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 15:28   Link #801
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What exactly do you think Kaname would've done if Yuuki had chosen to go with Zero? Go "C'est la vie" and just let it happen? His final words made it clear what he expected to happen... and I wouldn't exactly call wiping her memory (during Zero's confrontation with Shizuka) not trying to make her confirm to his will ^^
Actually, it is possible for Kaname to let her be with Zero had that been her choice. He may just remain in the shadows and protect her from a distance as he's always had. Of course, you will probably scoff at this but I can see Kaname capable of doing this out of his respect and love for Yuuki.

Quote:
And really what separates Lelouch and Reinhard from someone like Kaname is that they were geniuses who still suffered setbacks while Kaname's hasn't hit any barriers yet. Everything has worked out nearly perfect for him at this stage of the manga (maybe Zero's more powerful than he expected?), which if anything convinces me he'll fall hard by mangas end.
So far the first half of the series seemed to focus soely on Zero and his actions and decisions. But I feel that Yuuki's "goodbye" to Zero is a semi-closure to Zero as the main focus and shift to Kaname. A good deal of trouble has been hinted at for Kaname but not yet revealed - plenty of conspiracies to use him, control him, consume his blood, and destroy him. So we will see what the mangaka has in store for Kaname in the future chapters, hopefully.

Quote:
I'm sure Zero will be put into the "villain" role in the near future since he's in junting season for pure bloods, but I'm fairly confident who will end up being the main antagonist at the end of the manga... of course even if Kaname dies and Zero and Yuuki live it doesn't mean they have to end up together.
Just because Zero has taken the role of hunting purebloods doesn't necessarily make him a villain. A fallen hero is more what I would consider his role to be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
How can Kaname hit a barrier? Isn't he now for all purposes the leader of Vampires? The Council is gone. Rido dead. Who is left now?

I want to see more Kaname ownage. Not once have we seen him go all out...NOT ONCE! I WANNA SEE IT!
There are still many purebloods out there - Sara being one that has reappeared on the scene again. It has been hinted at that many vampires (purebloods or not) are after Kaname. So we'll see what will happen - hopefully.

Haha, see Kaname's full power is what I'm curious to see too. He's been in the shadows too much in the first half of the manga. Now that Yuuki departs from Zero, hopefully the story will shift to Kaname and tell us more about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
All he did was wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. The right time was when he was about to be set free. Free from his master known as Rido. He made Zero the sacrificial lamb to free himself and gain all his ambition.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is what Kaname has done up to now.
Kaname didn't wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. He had to turn her into a pureblood because Rido was about to capture her. Without her memories and her powers, Yuuki would certainly have been captured and killed at that moment. Kaname had really wanted for Yuuki to continue to live innocently and happily as a human if possible.

Zero's situation would have been the same whether Kaname was there or not. Zero's imprisonment was done by the Hunter because they no longer have any use for a Hunter-turned-vampire with a potential of falling to Level E. What Kaname did is give Zero the powers he has now. True, Kaname wanted Zero to kill Rido but that was for Yuuki. It isn't exactly wrong for him to use Zero to protect Yuuki. Any man in love would do such a thing if need be. Had Kaname been able to kill Rido himself, he would have done so and not use Zero but he couldn't, so this was his last resort. Kaname knows that Zero is powerful enough to have a good chance of victory.

Quote:
-He let Yuuki awaken hereby regaining all her memories and all that is left of her love for Kaname.
Yuuki was already in love with Kaname(-sempai), even without her memories.

Quote:
-He gave Zero again his blood and made him kill Rido(well with the help of Zero's brother he became the ultimate vampire hunter). While saying something like even if he goes crazy and tries to kill all the vampires. He will never hurt Yuuki.
Zero's brother did not help Kaname get Zero to kill Rido. That was simply a coincidence. And Zero was more motivated to kill Rido after he talked to his brother - not after he talked to Kaname.

Quote:
-After Zero killed Rido. Kaname appeared and tries to kill Zero.
That's because Zero was pointing a gun at the woman he loves. Wouldn't you be upset if you came upon such a scene?

Kaname had trusted that Zero cared enough for Yuuki not to harm her but he felt his one trust of Zero was betrayed then.

Quote:
All these accomplished is getting the Vampire throne. Getting Yuuki for himself. Isolating Zero.And setting himself free from his master. There is nothing Tragic about Kaname.

Kaname gained too much for it to be called tragic.
Kaname is not after the Vampire throne, nor was it his intention to isolate Zero. Zero's situation and isolation is a part of his fate and not because of Kaname.

True, Kaname will fight to keep Yuuki by his side but that's because he loves her for so long. True, he wants to set himself free from Rido because there is still a great battle ahead for him and he wants to have the power to finally protect the woman he loves with his own two hands.

That is why Kaname never had any intention of killing Zero (had Zero not pointed a gun at Yuuki). That is why Zero is now free to do whatever he wants because it was not Kaname's intention to be bothered with Zero in the first place. And now that he is truly free, Kaname will fight his own battles as he had always wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoguyver3 View Post
can't really use that example in this case. Arthur really loved and trusted Lancelot. Don't think Kaname and Zero have that type of relationship.
Kaname did trust Zero with Yuuki. He had trusted that Zero cared enough about Yuuki to not harm her. Therefore, imagine his anger when he sees Zero pointing a gun at the woman he loves.

Ah, that was a long response...T_T. *disappears until the next chapter*

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 16:23   Link #802
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Although at this point i am very sure i am not going to get the ending that i want i am happy to see some progression. It seems all the main characters have made their decision's of where to go from here. Unless some crazy shit happens Yuuki has made her choice and that choice is to remain with Kaname. Everyone has suffered through out this whole ideal and the final farewell between Yuuki and Zero was sad and very tragic but it was a goodbye.

Zero stating that next time he and Yuuki meet he will kill her shows he is embracing his Vampire Hunter heritage and Yuuki saying that she will continue to run away so Zero has a reason to live to me the whole situation is just sad. Nothing will be the same for anyone and the whole human's living together with vampire's idea to me was just shot straight to hell.

Although the story has been interesting and full of great plot twist i cant help but to feel that we are back at square one again. Its like nothing from the grand scheme of things has changed. I dont know where we are going from here on out but its been one hell of a ride and this part of the story has closed with another on it way There are no winners or losers in VK everyone has lost something but at least Yuuki and Kaname have each other and Zero has well......"The bloody Rose and his freedom i guess"

I still dont see good things in the future for Kaname i think just as Zero has a cursed fate so does Kaname. I pray that Yuuki and Zero do not meet again for the outcome could be truly tragic.

I will be the first to admit that Kaname is no one of my favorite characters although i truly recognized why he has done a number of things. The thing that keeps me from liking Kaname is my own way of doing things i just dont agree with how he does somethings although i understand them. There are going to be ripples from what Kaname has done and granted it has all been for Yuuki you cant blame a man for doing everything in his power to save the one he loves but he must understand there are consequences to everything that you do especially when multiple lives are changed forever. The same with Zero his fate is that of a fallen hero. Though i do not hate Kaname i could never bring myself to like him for the methods he used even though there was probably no other way to do what he did. I feel that everything Juuri and the director worked for has crumbled and i blame Rido and Kaname for that it couldnt be helped but as some tried to take a step forward it seems they have gone 10 steps back. As much as i have alway sympathized with Yuuki i have disliked so many of the decisions she has made for they only seemed to make things worse. I was happy to see her make a clear decision to go with Kaname even for some reason the words she said made it seem weird that the triangle has been resolved. There was something about the whole scene that left me with a weird feeling that i cant explain.

One thing though i have always maintained the fact that the world is not big enough to house Zero and Kaname that does not mean that either one will kill the other but i still think by the true end of the story one of them will not be left alive.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-12-22 at 16:49.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 18:26   Link #803
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
So what exactly did Kaname do to Bloody Rose? When he was talking he made it sound like he was it's Master or some such thing...Well he is the oldest Pure Blood...he's the Dracula of Vampire's isn't he?

PS. I hope Zero dies.
It might be because he has Shizuka's blood and powers. Mybe thats why he can't hurt Kaname

Quote:
Wait... what exactly do you call

Spoiler:

Or whatever he said, that line was totally unneeded and it just increases my dislike for Kaname. God I can't wait for him to end up like Reinhard and Lelouch... but than again this is shoujo
Spoiler for ch 46:
I took it that Yuuki is a vampire now and not just any vampire a pureblood while Zero is a vampire hunter who wants to kill her. Kaname is not saying that she has to be with him.

" She was born to be my wife if she still wants too that is."

Quote:
What exactly did Kaname sacrificed? Everything he did was calculated. Kaname is a very intelligent person.

All he did was wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. The right time was when he was about to be set free. Free from his master known as Rido. He made Zero the sacrificial lamb to free himself and gain all his ambition..
How is Zero the sacrificial lamb? It was Shizuka and Rido's fault, not Kaname's that Zero was turned into a vampire. Kaname just gave him his blood. It's not a bad thing all around.

Zero's not going to go crazy anytime soon. Yuuki is safe wich is what they both wanted. And Rido the real mastermind behind Zero 's parents was slain.

It was the council and the Hunter's association that instigated all of these advents Kaname is just striking back. And Zero should join him because they were the ones that really screwed with him. (I personally think that Kaname can lead the vampires while Zero can give the hunters new management while Yuuki can keep the peace between the too but thats just me)

Quote:
-He drank Shizuka's blood to make him stronger. While blaming Zero for her death.

-He let Zero drank his blood to prevent him from turning into a level E, in order to protect Yuuki. And little did we know then that he would have a grander scheme for Zero. (Yeah he sacrificed a little of his blood there.)

-He gave Zero again his blood and made him kill Rido(well with the help of Zero's brother he became the ultimate vampire hunter). While saying something like even if he goes crazy and tries to kill all the vampires. He will never hurt Yuuki.
What grane scheme. Kaname just gave Zero more power while he was saving Zero's sanity. Then he said that Rido was coming for Yuuki. Kaname didn't make Zero go after Rido, that was his own choice. Then he said that Zero wouldn't betrey Yuuki so it was okay if he was strong.

Quote:
Did you miss the last couple of chapters were Zero was holding Yuuki at gunpoint?

Quote:
All these accomplished is getting the Vampire throne. Getting Yuuki for himself. Isolating Zero.And setting himself free from his master. There is nothing Tragic about Kaname.

It's either take the thrown or leave the people in charge, who have supported Rido and been making all kinds of double dealing to control the vampire society.
Kaname didn't isolate Zero. Yuuki is a Pureblood and Zero can't handle that. I can undserstand were he is coming from but that's what he decided. Yuuki still wants to be his aly. Kaname will do what he has too to keep Yuuki happy even if he has to put up with Zero.( He's been doing it ever since this story began and before that even.) Zero is choosing his own path to get revenge. More power to him. But that path is lonely. Thats what he decided.

Quote:
Everybody has so much sympathy for Zero who lost his parents but what about Kaname's parents Hm? The vampire council wants to control and manipulate him even when he was a child, and his sister/fianc. doesn't remeber him Kaname doesn't talk about it much though. We don't see him cutting himself. Insted Kaname is very stoic and aloof. He doesn't let people in , not even the friends he has gained at school.
He has gained the love of Yuuki. But now he's going to have to battle to lead the Vampire society. Kaname's has suffered as well. He's not some happy go lucky guy who doesn't have problems. They just don't emphasize Kaname's issues.
Old 2008-12-22, 20:43   Link #804
carmolita

Quote:
What exactly did Kaname sacrificed? Everything he did was calculated. Kaname is a very intelligent person.
Kaname sacrificed himself, his~life and all for the love of yuki. Rido always knew who yuki was he just never had the power to really do anything about it, nor did he want to until he got his body back. If kaname was that self-centered he could of just awoken yuki and everything would be back to the way it was. But as long as she knew nothing about the past she didn't have to be sad, grieve and relive the lost times, but instead make new and good ones. If she wasn't loosing her sainity kaname wouldn't have turned her... He promised her a safe place of happiness and that's what he was trying to give her even if it was without him.

Quote:
All he did was wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. The right time was when he was about to be set free. Free from his master known as Rido. He made Zero the sacrificial lamb to free himself and gain all his ambition.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is what Kaname has done up to now.
I think zero just happened upon chance. but it wasn't as if kaname hid this from zero.. in the end this was always going to be zero's destiny kaname just made him realize it sooner. Even if he was hated in the end for it... Zero's battle is within himself nothing more and nothing less. As far as yuki~ If kaname hadn't turned her she would of gone insaine and died...what he did was save her life...-
Quote:
He has personal classmates/dormates/friends/bodyguards that is deeply loyal to him.
Which is part of their hiearchy
Quote:
-He drank Shizuka's blood to make him stronger. While blaming Zero for her death.
Which he later recanted~ If he hadn't of done that their would of been a war, but shizuka's death was necessary
Quote:
-He let Zero drank his blood to prevent him from turning into a level E, in order to protect Yuuki. And little did we know then that he would have a grander scheme for Zero. (Yeah he sacrificed a little of his blood there.)
And zero knew exactly what kaname was doing! It was no secret
Quote:
-He let Yuuki awaken hereby regaining all her memories and all that is left of her love for Kaname.
Yuuki did have a life before zero and the fact can't be changed that kaname was a part of that life before she lost her memories. She didn't need to awaken to realize her love for kaname,.. She has always loved him..even before she knew who he was
Quote:
Zero is still in love with the yuuki who he thought was pure unscathed and tainted.. He is having trouble seperating who he thought she was from who she actually is and doesn't want to realize that she is the same person, and has not changed. She has just become aware of what is actually going on around her...The fact that cross knows everything is defintly going to make the adjustment easier for her. Zero is having trouble accepting who he is and feels he has to choose. Perhaps cross will help him in the next chapter
Quote:
OF COURSE ~ can you blame him. It was just 10 years ago that he saw haruka killed by a vampire weapon and he couldn't save him. Only to see yuuki in the same perdicament ~ that's why he stressed to her that weapon can kill you. I doubt he want to ever feel that way again even if it killed him...
Quote:
If he wanted the throne ~ He only needs to reveal his true identity, and create an army, I doubt anyone would challenge him. Besides it was the kuran clan that abolished the monarchy. He only wants yuki to be with him of her free will..He's hiding nothing. Zero isolates himself no help needed. Rido is a nuisance nothing more and a killer. Killing Rido sets him free of the old ball and chain~ He can still protect yuki with rido alive but it's just easier if he's dead.
Quote:

Kaname is like the prince who plotted to overthrow the King. While leaving the protection of his princess to the knight. The knight then killed the king and the prince gets all the glory. Then the knight expendable as he is then is left by the prince and the princess, thrown away like garbage after the prince gained his ambition. The knight then is left alone with no one else to hold dear, while the prince and the princess live happily ever after.
Don't forget that kaname created that knight. If it weren't for kaname Zero would be dead right now. Kaname wasn't the one responsible for zero's misfortune he's just making him stronger so that he can choose his own path. Zero is doing everything because he loves yuuki or has some reason of his own. Nothing else.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 20:46   Link #805
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Everybody has so much sympathy for Zero who lost his parents but what about Kaname's parents Hm? The vampire council wants to control and manipulate him even when he was a child, and his sister/fianc. doesn't remeber him Kaname doesn't talk about it much though. We don't see him cutting himself. Insted Kaname is very stoic and aloof. He doesn't let people in , not even the friends he has gained at school.
He has gained the love of Yuuki. But now he's going to have to battle to lead the Vampire society. Kaname's has suffered as well. He's not some happy go lucky guy who doesn't have problems. They just don't emphasize Kaname's issues.
While Kaname did lose his parents their are clear differences with Zero's situation. He lost his parents but was also turned into the thing that killed his parents, a vampire. He's also is fated to turn into a Level E vampire and go mad and hurt innocent people if not killed.

Also while the vampire council wants to control and manipulate Kaname he has the influence and power to oppose them and live as he choices fit. He also was able to still be with his sister/fiancee and have a good relationship with her. Zero had no choice in what he did. He was a powerless kid and had to be taken in my the chairman. Not only that he is then surrounded by the things he hates the most, vampires, which he has no say in once again. His brother left him and sided with his enemy and he can't have any kind of relationship with him. The Hunter association uses Zero too but he has no ability to oppose them. If he opposed them they would deem him dangerous and immediate going after his head and he would have no where else to run because he has no place to go and no other purpose other than that in his life at the time. Kaname though the Vampire council are shown to be afraid to openly oppose and which is why they needed Rido to do it for them.

I can't consider Kaname anywhere close to as tragic a character as Zero. He does go though his own hardships but he also had the power to do something unlike Zero. He also always planned to have himself a happy future with Yuki while Zero's future has always been dark because of becoming a level E and also his powerlessness. Zero never had any hope for a happy future while Kaname still had a lot of hope and that's why I can never consider Kaname a tragic character though I do empathize with him somewhat.

This is getting way off-topic again though I wouldn't mind continuing it in a different thread.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:15   Link #806
carmolita

Zero could of changed his fate if he wanted to but he chose not to drink shizuka's blood that was his choice. Even kaname questioned it. If kaname could of created a happy future so easily. Then his parents would of done it a long time ago (would be alive right now) and would have not felt the need to hide yuki. Do keep in mind that kaname does not have all his powers and even though he is more powerful than the nobles he can still be hunted. Just because he was born a vampire and not a human doesn't make his situation any less dire or stressful. Cross said so himself about kaname 10 years ago~ he has had to silently endure all alone the pains within himself without telling anyone so as to not endanger anyone~such a bad burden to bare..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:14   Link #807
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
While Kaname did lose his parents their are clear differences with Zero's situation. He lost his parents but was also turned into the thing that killed his parents, a vampire. He's also is fated to turn into a Level E vampire and go mad and hurt innocent people if not killed.

Also while the vampire council wants to control and manipulate Kaname he has the influence and power to oppose them and live as he choices fit. He also was able to still be with his sister/fiancee and have a good relationship with her. Zero had no choice in what he did. He was a powerless kid and had to be taken in my the chairman. Not only that he is then surrounded by the things he hates the most, vampires, which he has no say in once again. His brother left him and sided with his enemy and he can't have any kind of relationship with him. The Hunter association uses Zero too but he has no ability to oppose them. If he opposed them they would deem him dangerous and immediate going after his head and he would have no where else to run because he has no place to go and no other purpose other than that in his life at the time. Kaname though the Vampire council are shown to be afraid to openly oppose and which is why they needed Rido to do it for them.

I can't consider Kaname anywhere close to as tragic a character as Zero. He does go though his own hardships but he also had the power to do something unlike Zero. He also always planned to have himself a happy future with Yuki while Zero's future has always been dark because of becoming a level E and also his powerlessness. Zero never had any hope for a happy future while Kaname still had a lot of hope and that's why I can never consider Kaname a tragic character though I do empathize with him somewhat.

This is getting way off-topic again though I wouldn't mind continuing it in a different thread.
I'm not trying to campare the too. Pain is not something that is easily measured ,but I do think Zero has more on his plate right now. I just feel that it is an injustice to the story to focus only on what one character has to deal with and ignore others.
To figure out how a character is going to react in the future we have to understand the character. And to do that, we need to understand were there coming from. And Kaname's past has so far be largely ignored.

But well back to the topic

Kaname, through planning and his pureblood nature has had the power to face his problems.( Maybe thats why he is so together onlike Zero)
That's why I so like this latest chapter because it seems that Zero now has the power to face his issues. It's a big step forward. Somebody give Zero a cookie
While he's not "there' yet I feel that he can finally start "recovering".

And now even though I know I shouldn't say this, because it the exact thing that will get you fighting Slick_rick, One of the reasons why he can now move forward is because his condition as a vampire is now more stable. He's not going Level E right now. And he has gotten strong enough to be a threat even to purebloods. Oh and let's not forget the fact that Yuuki and him have "splite" and her mental state is good now that her memories have been sorted out. Who's resposible for this? It's ironic.
Old 2008-12-22, 22:24   Link #808
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Oh and let's not forget the fact that Yuuki and him have "splite" and her mental state is good now that her memories have been sorted out. Who's resposible for this? It's ironic.
Yes it is Ironic yet its not Kaname and Zero are responsible for Yuki getting her memories back. Although neither of them are fond of the other alone neither of them had the strength to help Yuki it took a combined effort. Now im no Kaname fan as i stated but i clearly understand the actions he has taken to ensure Yukis safety. There are more problems on the horizon if they think they are going to have a happy lets settle down in a house with a white picket fence its just not going to happen. 2 most hunted beings are going to be Kaname and Yuki this is not the last time Kaname, Yuki and Zero will meet.

Im surprised with all the talk of losses and gains no one really discussed what Yuki actually lost and what she gained.
Old 2008-12-22, 22:32   Link #809
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Zero could of changed his fate if he wanted to but he chose not to drink shizuka's blood that was his choice. Even kaname questioned it. If kaname could of created a happy future so easily. Then his parents would of done it a long time ago (would be alive right now) and would have not felt the need to hide yuki. Do keep in mind that kaname does not have all his powers and even though he is more powerful than the nobles he can still be hunted. Just because he was born a vampire and not a human doesn't make his situation any less dire or stressful. Cross said so himself about kaname 10 years ago~ he has had to silently endure all alone the pains within himself without telling anyone so as to not endanger anyone~such a bad burden to bare..
No, Ichiru drank the remaining blood of Shizuka before Zero even had a chance to get there. Kaname actually seems to fairly happy in his life at the school with the Night Class the only thing missing for him is Yuki actually being at his side. I'm not trying to say that Kaname doesn't have obstacles to his happiness but he at least can at least look forward to a happy end once those obstacles are defeated.

For Zero his future has always been grim and like it or not Zero doesn't want to be a vampire. No, matter how sexy people find drinking of blood, Zero has every right to hate it and not like what he has become. Some say he should just accept his life as a vampire but that is much easier said than done. His experiences with vampires has only shaped an even more utter hatred and disgust of them before and since he came to the school. Becoming the thing you hate most in the world is very tragic no matter if you find his hatred uncalled for, which I don't.

Ah, yea back on topic...
Old 2008-12-23, 04:35   Link #810
RahX

Good chapter overall, a few pointers:

-Kaname it's still the same manipulative man with his over protective and somewhat sick "love for Yuuki".
-Yuuki, the same old girl chasing after Kaname and now even more(but I really do like her too bad that she has Kaname and Zero around her).
-Zero was the one who was able to develop more now since he was able to accept that Yuuki is not gonna be able to be with him anymore, although he is still on about his obssesive revenge(geez...you were barely able to escape from turning into a level E and now he wants to kill all the purebloods?...)

If a new girl does takes the center stage now that Yuuki has gone into "hiding" then I think that Zero it's still gonna be the main focus on the story since after that dramatic good bye and then the fading away I don't think that we are going to see Kaname and Yuuki for a while.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:23   Link #811
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Following this whole "tragic hero" theme, we were just reading Othello in English class (LOL) and talked about the requirements for a tragic hero, and I feel that if I had to choose, then it would be Zero. Why? Well in order to become a tragic hero, he lost his parents, got turned into a vampire, etc. But also he lost the human Yuuki that he cared about. Kaname loved human and vampire Yuuki, so he still has her, but I feel that Zero lost the Yuuki that he loved, so he becomes a more 'tragic' character.

Anyway does anyone know when the manga will end? I feel like it will drag on from this, but I'm hoping it'll end soon before it just gets pointless and wierd. But I was just wondering what people think will come next, etc, I guess? Thanks.
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 17:51   Link #812
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Following this whole "tragic hero" theme, we were just reading Othello in English class (LOL) and talked about the requirements for a tragic hero, and I feel that if I had to choose, then it would be Zero. Why? Well in order to become a tragic hero, he lost his parents, got turned into a vampire, etc. But also he lost the human Yuuki that he cared about. Kaname loved human and vampire Yuuki, so he still has her, but I feel that Zero lost the Yuuki that he loved, so he becomes a more 'tragic' character.

Anyway does anyone know when the manga will end? I feel like it will drag on from this, but I'm hoping it'll end soon before it just gets pointless and wierd. But I was just wondering what people think will come next, etc, I guess? Thanks.
I did the same thing in my English class less than a month ago, except we were analyzing Sophocles' works. XD And we had a whole unit about what makes a piece of literature/character tragic, etc.

Also, Hino-sensei recently announced that the manga has just finished one part and that there is one more part remaining. It is assumed that we are at the halfway mark, but the next arc may be shorter/longer than the first. Even though it may seem like the story could draw a decent conclusion as it is right now, I think much of the plot still has to be expanded and elaborated on. Also, I think the manga won't drag on, especially since a new female character is going to be introduced into the mix. =D And who knows, maybe even more new characters. I'm sure the story will begin to pick up again soon, so try to still look forward to it! XD
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:30   Link #813
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakuru View Post
I did the same thing in my English class less than a month ago, except we were analyzing Sophocles' works. XD And we had a whole unit about what makes a piece of literature/character tragic, etc.

Also, Hino-sensei recently announced that the manga has just finished one part and that there is one more part remaining. It is assumed that we are at the halfway mark, but the next arc may be shorter/longer than the first. Even though it may seem like the story could draw a decent conclusion as it is right now, I think much of the plot still has to be expanded and elaborated on. Also, I think the manga won't drag on, especially since a new female character is going to be introduced into the mix. =D And who knows, maybe even more new characters. I'm sure the story will begin to pick up again soon, so try to still look forward to it! XD
Wow, half way? Well I guess if there will be a new character then it won't be so bad o__O

Who knows, it might even be a
Spoiler:

I SAID IT. Well, it is going to be a female
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:17   Link #814
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

what?! O.o we werent half way???
well new i got more readin to do but the story is great!!!!
wonder what happends next w/ this tragety????
saku-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 01:44   Link #815
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

ah, all this tension going on....it truly foreshadows an upcoming epic fail for kaname. which is just wonderful, the parting of the two just makes it more obvious in the end yuuki and zero will end up together.
ah the joy and satisfaction l will get from seeing kaname's world crumble before him, and hear his fans cry bloody murder as their favorite inferior kaname gets shafted in the end.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 06:56   Link #816
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
ah, all this tension going on....it truly foreshadows an upcoming epic fail for kaname. which is just wonderful, the parting of the two just makes it more obvious in the end yuuki and zero will end up together.
I don't think zero will accept yuuki that easily !!
and even the end doesn't mean that yuuki will ends up with one of them ..

so I think it's better to wait and see , cuz no one know what the mangaka is
thinking..

Quote:
ah the joy and satisfaction l will get from seeing kaname's world crumble before him, and hear his fans cry bloody murder as their favorite inferior kaname gets shafted in the end.
oh , but that doesn't mean zero will get the happy ending either ... since it's
a tragedy story ..
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:52   Link #817
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
the parting of the two just makes it more obvious in the end yuuki and zero will end up together.
For me it looks like Kaname has a good chance now. Yuki flat out told Zero that she loves Kaname. Zero just broke away from Yuki. He needs to do his own thing away from her. Although, I do think it is likely that Kaname will fall now . Yuuki will probubly be in the middle of it, with Zero to pick up the peices after events. That is of course if he can gain some commen sense and stop threatening one of the few people who actually care about him.
Old 2009-01-06, 07:04   Link #818
Kai Yukari

T___T for ZeKi, waah just when I was cheering myself that I had never been wrong in choosing definite pairings (just like Sousuke x Kaname) maybe this is the first time. Since this is just the half point, a lot of things could still occur and develop. But Yuuki gave Zero so much heartbreak I don't think of rooting for her as much as before. I can accept a new love interest for Zero since it might be healthier for him to leave Yuuki to Kaname.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:16   Link #819
KoroshiyaX
X

These types of Drama/Shoujo Manga usually has the girl go out with 2 or 3 guys before choosing a final guy. And in everyone of these cases, the girl usually *loves* each of them before settling down on the last guy.

To say that kaname+yuki is the final pairing, or that she will end up with Zero, are both just wishful thinking especially if this is only halfway through the Manga.

I mean, who knows, she could as well just leave Kaname, hook up with Zero, and still somehow end up with Kaname in the end.

The safest assumption is that anything can still happen
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:42   Link #820
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
These types of Drama/Shoujo Manga usually has the girl go out with 2 or 3 guys before choosing a final guy. And in everyone of these cases, the girl usually *loves* each of them before settling down on the last guy.

To say that kaname+yuki is the final pairing, or that she will end up with Zero, are both just wishful thinking especially if this is only halfway through the Manga.

I mean, who knows, she could as well just leave Kaname, hook up with Zero, and still somehow end up with Kaname in the end.

The safest assumption is that anything can still happen
yeah , when she was a child .. kaname was there with her but for a short time ..
then she live as a human girl with zero for many years " more than kaname "

when she's with zero she think of kaname .
when she's with kaname she think of zero .

and now she's back with kaname , no one knows what yuuki is going to do !!
will she really love kaname ? or hurt him more ? I think she won't forget zero .

I really want to see ... is she going to be cold ?
cuz she is like zero " thirsty for blood I mean " only want kaname for blood , but don't know if she love him deeply .. or only admire him .

I think both zero and yuuki alike in the same way , thirsty only for blood
but they are confused to not know their own feelings .

who knows , maybe no one will have the happy ending ..
we need to read more and more to get near the answer
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga