Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 22:11   Link #121
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
You're not even Japanese.

Again its not a fictional concept, not cultural.

Anyhow, its a very good chapter. I find that Oda does build up chapters better then the actual events themselves..Luffy's actions were very respectful. I wonder what his message was.

Ah respect. Something that C.A. does not seem to understand =/
I AM Japanese, and I see no problems with C.A.'s interpretation.

As for respect, I see more lack of respect in your posts than his, to be honest.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:35   Link #122
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Honestly, I never saw the Gorousei as being fighters.... just a group of ancient politicians, that's all. I know that one of those guys has a sword with him, but I don't think it guarantees that he's actually a swordsman (since he's a politician, it may be more likely that the sword is used for ceremonial purposes rather than a weapon).

As for the chapter.... well, I already pretty much already expressed my thoughts of it through the spoilers. However, I will say that Kong definitely looks pretty freakin' cool now that we've got a full image of him (really hope we see him in action at some point! ) Also, looks like Zoro and Nami are the only ones who don't seem to understand Luffy's message (at least, I assume Nami doesn't get it, due to her reaction). Brooke and Franky's shots were priceless, too.

BTW, I'm guessing that Luffy and co. will be going to that awesome stormy island at some point (heh, I was kinda surprised to see Urouge without that goofy grin of his ). I certainly can't wait until they start their NW adventures.....
The Gorousei don't seem like politicians to me and they don't seem just like mere figureheads. DoFlamingo wouldn't even mention them by name when he threatened Moria. He just implied that they were the ones he worked for.

I think Akainu was bowing to them all Darth Vader like.

They're more like Sith Lords. It seems like even mentioning them is taboo.

It would be so much more badass if they were the strongest fighters in the world. The World Government is the main villain in the One Piece universe. Their corruption, they're suppression of knowledge, their suppression of world history, and their conspiracies have all been focused on in the series. It would just be fitting for the men behind the system to be above all else in fighting ability. The don't really seem to act like politicians, more like guardians.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-07-29 at 23:49.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:36   Link #123
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I AM Japanese, and I see no problems with C.A.'s interpretation.

As for respect, I see more lack of respect in your posts than his, to be honest.
Yet my friends are Japanese and they disagree.

It is indeed interpretation, so I just don't want him to assume it is fact. Which he does. As you see from his wording.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical about theory is there?

Or are you just suggesting we take C.A.'s word for it?

So now its being disrespectful to question his posts..Is this the level to which this board has deteriorated to?
Old 2010-07-29, 23:51   Link #124
Somnus
Eh?

What an incredible chapter!

So much revealed, and so many more questions that need answers.

Most importantly, Luffy got a tattoo. I suppose this is what Vivi was talking about?

I wonder if involves the message to the crew, or maybe it's just further tribute to his lost comrades.

Oh, and don't you just feel sorry for those cannon-fodder marines posted at Marineford? Could you imagine a Legendary Pirate, a Shichibukai, and a Supernova just showing up without warning?
Old 2010-07-30, 00:50   Link #125
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
What an incredible chapter!

So much revealed, and so many more questions that need answers.

Most importantly, Luffy got a tattoo. I suppose this is what Vivi was talking about?

I wonder if involves the message to the crew, or maybe it's just further tribute to his lost comrades.

Oh, and don't you just feel sorry for those cannon-fodder marines posted at Marineford? Could you imagine a Legendary Pirate, a Shichibukai, and a Supernova just showing up without warning?
well, they could have just ran since akainu wasn't around to kill them for it
Old 2010-07-30, 01:53   Link #126
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yet my friends are Japanese and they disagree.

It is indeed interpretation, so I just don't want him to assume it is fact. Which he does. As you see from his wording.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical about theory is there?

Or are you just suggesting we take C.A.'s word for it?

So now its being disrespectful to question his posts..Is this the level to which this board has deteriorated to?
No, I literally said I see no problems with C.A.'s interpretations. I didn't say they were facts.
If you were just being skeptical about theories, there's no need to believe one over the other,
and there's no need to go "LOL U NOT JAPANESE U KNOW NOTHING".
You could simply tell him "Those aren't facts, and I disagree with your theory", instead of going cocky cock monger on him.
And if you fail to see how your attitude and tone of speech wasn't disrespectful, then I have nothing more to say to you.

Blame the forum all you want, but I'm afraid the problem doesn't lie in the forum.
Old 2010-07-30, 01:56   Link #127
Blaine

I wonder what the Pan Fleet Admiral does that the Fleet Admiral cant.
Old 2010-07-30, 02:14   Link #128
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
and there's no need to go "LOL U NOT JAPANESE U KNOW NOTHING".
And yet the basis for his theory and the reason why he believes he can understand the concept is because it is an Asian concept and he is Asian, and thus he can understand it better than others (presumably Westerners).

It is one of the foundations for his argument, and I cannot refute it?

Quote:
And if you fail to see how your attitude and tone of speech wasn't disrespectful, then I have nothing more to say to you.

Blame the forum all you want, but I'm afraid the problem doesn't lie in the forum.
And if you cannot see how actively ignoring someone who wants to engage in a constructive debate is disrespectful, then I have nothing more to say to you either.

Obviously we differ not only in our opinions, but our views on what things like respect actually are.

Quote:
Presumably he has authority over all the government's military forces, including the armed agents, the Cipher Pol and the Shichibukai as well as the marines. Maybe he helps coordinate national armies as well.
Old 2010-07-30, 02:15   Link #129
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
He is the commanding officer of all the WG's forces (the marines, Cipher Pol and Impel Down, Shichibukai, etc), whereas Fleet Admiral only commands the marines. That is what Pan means afterall...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-30 at 02:27.
Old 2010-07-30, 03:17   Link #130
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
I wonder if Zoro, Franky or Nami got the message. Well i reckon those three are pretty smart, i wonder how long it'll take Zoro to find his way though...
You can be pretty sure that Nami got it. Oda did say that Nami is the third highest IQ to come out of the Eat Blue Saga. Ben Beckman being the highest.

I actually find it kind of interesting that Nami seemed to be the only person who appears upset at Luffy. Everyone else was either happy or surprised. Well, Zoro was unsure. This all didn't seem to be something Luffy would do.

All I know is that if anything happens to Shakky. I will never forgive Kuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
I very curious what happened to Capone Bege, was that the supernova that fell prey to Blackbeard? Gravitational pull does seem like BB but i don't see why he'd bother himself with Capone, i mean, he's hardly a threat at all.
Well, the Blackbeard Pirates now have a giant in their crew. Kind of hard to have a ship to accommodate a person such as that.

You know what was the best part about this chapter. No message at the end saying "2 week break". If there is a time skip. Please, for the love of Pete. Don't let Luffy come back all emo the way Naruto did. The time skip killed Naruto for me.

Worst part, this means even more time until the crew is finally back together.
Old 2010-07-30, 03:27   Link #131
Distinction

Great Chapter, but its just sad that we prolly wont see Garp or Sengoku in full action. The two i wanted to see the most. It is easy to make a Logia look awesome but showing the real power of Garp would be way more challenging.
How much were this two build up to be such monsters and now just retirement?

Kong looked cool. So maybe it was Kong who ordered Doflamingo to kill Moria. He seems kinda
hardcore maybe a bit less than Aikanu but still someone strict imo.

And yeah speaking about the first-half of the grandline as "paradise" speaks volume about what will come.
Old 2010-07-30, 04:14   Link #132
Darmill

Zoro probably doesn't figure out Luffy's message, but that is not that big of an issue since Mihawk is also there who definitely has a clue.

The scene with Zoro not being able to hold the newspaper himself possibly means that he was severely injured again by fighting those gorillas, or simly exhausted.
Old 2010-07-30, 05:01   Link #133
Wrath88
Kissing...

Franky's look was the funniest. Maybe now he'll get an upgrade? That's if he can salvage anything from the wreckage though.
Old 2010-07-30, 05:15   Link #134
Gin
*Artist

So did Boa get to keep her Shichibukai title? One of the elders said they need to fill the 3 empty spots, (Moria, Jimbei, Blackbeard) so is it safe to assume her actions in the war have been forgiven on account of her great beauty? Its kind of hard to believe since the Kuja pirates seem to have given Luffy a ride back to Marineford, but the paper only seems to mention Rayleigh and Jimbei accompanying Luffy.
Old 2010-07-30, 06:14   Link #135
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Oh, no, Nami did get it, but that didn't prevent her from saying what she thinks about Luffy's behaviour. And I think Nami's right. She was really worried about him, she shed tears for him, so no wonder she's now so angry with him

Also, about the tattoo on Luffy's right arm, I think it's a collective funeral:

S: Sabo
A: Ace
2: Mr.2
W (not a "Y"): Whitebeard
Wait, what? There was never a confirmation of Bon-chan's death was there? If there was I missed it. (nooooo).
Old 2010-07-30, 06:35   Link #136
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Oh, no, Nami did get it, but that didn't prevent her from saying what she thinks about Luffy's behaviour. And I think Nami's right. She was really worried about him, she shed tears for him, so no wonder she's now so angry with him
Doesn't that seem unusually tsundere for Nami? It strikes me as odd how everyone is either happy or shocked, but Nami is the one who's pissed at him.
Especially, since we know as the reader that Luffy has been extremely worried about all of them.

When you think about it. Nami is the one crew members who really knows what Luffy went through. Though most of the crew had someone die in their pasts. Luffy and Nami saw it happen right in front of them.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:14   Link #137
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Doesn't that seem unusually tsundere for Nami? It strikes me as odd how everyone is either happy or shocked, but Nami is the one who's pissed at him.
Especially, since we know as the reader that Luffy has been extremely worried about all of them.

When you think about it. Nami is the one crew members who really knows what Luffy went through. Though most of the crew had someone die in their pasts. Luffy and Nami saw it happen right in front of them.
I'd say her reaction is Nami through and through, she is after all the one that's always worrying about the crew the most.
In fact after thinking about it now, you would be surprised if she didn't get angry at him
Old 2010-07-30, 07:16   Link #138
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
Wait, what? There was never a confirmation of Bon-chan's death was there? If there was I missed it. (nooooo).
Not fully confirmed, of course, but Luffy thinks he died considering he ended up facing Magellan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

Not to mention it was her who asked him if they should go and find Ace, but Luffy said no for the reasons we already know.

It's no wonder she's so upset. She must have got the meaning of Luffy's message, and it most likely means she won't see him for a while. For what other reason she would be angry towards him if not?

I bet the next time they see each other she will punch him in the face, then give him a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The question was never, if Ace's Tatoo refers to Sabo.

The question was: Was Sabo's character always a part of the story, or did Oda just introduce him lately, and intentionally gave him a name, which starts with S, to make a connection to Ace's tatoo, which shouldn't have been there before.
Who cares if he was always part of the story or if he was introduced lately (me picks the first option), what matters is, there was an "S" engraved on Ace's arm since the first time he was introduced, and as it was never said anything about the meaning of that letter till now, it makes perfect sense, there's no plothole and it's perfectly tied into the plot.

There are some things that the author has already in mind since the very beggining, no matter how many chapters it takes for each one to be developed.

Pretty much the same we can say about Jinbei and Hachi's sun-shaped tattoo.

How is that hard for you to understand something so simple as this?

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-30 at 08:03.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:18   Link #139
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

just read the chapter. funny how zoro can't use his hands and how peronoa willingly helped him to hold up the magazine while he lies there.

Maybe he is finally being made to rest up and heal properly. If I'm not wrong, he's been with at least some sort of injury all this while. hopefully he can make a full recovery and maybe also learn how to cut things (hopefully without resorting to haki)
Old 2010-07-30, 12:03   Link #140
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The ringing of the bell. Does that mean he will meet them in one year or at their one year anniversary?

One year time jump?

Not all the crew joined at the same time. It may be one year for Zoro, Nami, and Usopp but not Brook. Is he telling them to lay low?
Closed Thread