Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-11, 02:31   Link #41
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, Zoro might already have Haki. As I've posted before...

Spoiler for Haki?:

Dunno if it's Haki, or just Zoro's bad assery~
Old 2011-03-12, 15:26   Link #42
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Response
I don't know what to say really when it comes to animations. I have seen that video before. There are other theories that he used haki in Arabasta arc when he was battling Mr. 1. He could hear the Mr. 1's steel breathing and he new where the rocks would fall. In theory everyone has haki the question is when did Zoro use it? When was he aware of its presence? We know Luffy and Ace have had outbursts and not know they are using. I just want to know if he can use it on command and I sorta want conformation that he has it. The same confirmations when it comes to Luffy and Ace. All these phenomenon that zoro is having are curious and interesting. I hope oda confirms or explains theses strange powers Zoro displays sometimes (like Asura or the battle with Kaku).

---
edit:
Sanji vs. Vander Decken?
Since Zoro vs. Hodi looks like it is going happen what are the chances Sanji might take on Vander Decken? That would really be a twist. Then the question would be who would Luffy face off with? Sanji, Chopper, Luffy, and Princes Shirahoshi are all in the same area. Van Decken is bound to run into them. I could see Sanji stepping up to defend Princes Shirahoshi's honor.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-12 at 15:29. Reason: double post...
Old 2011-03-12, 20:01   Link #43
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Sanji vs. Vander Decken?
Since Zoro vs. Hodi looks like it is going happen what are the chances Sanji might take on Vander Decken? That would really be a twist. Then the question would be who would Luffy face off with? Sanji, Chopper, Luffy, and Princes Shirahoshi are all in the same area. Van Decken is bound to run into them. I could see Sanji stepping up to defend Princes Shirahoshi's honor.
That would make sense.

However, where would this leave Hyouzou?
Old 2011-03-12, 20:47   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
However, where would this leave Hyouzou?
As I said earlier (and a few others have mentioned in previous threads), Brook can battle Hyouzou.

Then again, Brook may have to great an advantage over Hyouzou. Specifically, Brook should be immune to the majority of poisons (what with lacking organs and blood and the basic biological necessities required to be poisoned), so in a possible match-up Brook would instantly cut Hyouzou's power (by some unknown margin), resulting in a potentially skewed fight (depending on how important poisons are to Hyouzou's fighting style).
Old 2011-03-13, 11:44   Link #45
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
As I said earlier (and a few others have mentioned in previous threads), Brook can battle Hyouzou.

Then again, Brook may have to great an advantage over Hyouzou. Specifically, Brook should be immune to the majority of poisons (what with lacking organs and blood and the basic biological necessities required to be poisoned), so in a possible match-up Brook would instantly cut Hyouzou's power (by some unknown margin), resulting in a potentially skewed fight (depending on how important poisons are to Hyouzou's fighting style).
thats a good point. this would also show brooke's level elevated along with the overall average of the strawhats in general.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:22   Link #46
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Hope this chapter finally puts the lid on Tashigi=Kuina theories.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:28   Link #47
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I thought those had been dead for a while?
Old 2011-03-13, 15:08   Link #48
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Thanks God that Oda is still alive after the Japan Tsunami..

I found this chapter very interesting as usual..

I can see a Sanji Vs Decken in one case.. That is if marvelB's predictions regarding one of Big Momma's big names comes to the under see Island.. That big name will eventually be this Arc's main villain.. I think

When I come to think about the prophecy.. I can see it happening.. like what is happening with the princess, Luffy took her to see her favourite spot as a friend.. but everyone in the Island misunderstood that to kidnapping.. the prophecy seems likely to happen but in a different meaning such as defending the inhabitants from the wrath of Hodi or other main villains.. or even avenging one of his crew members..
Old 2011-03-13, 21:51   Link #49
cheese4u
da big boss

Do people actually believe Zoro's gonna face Hodi Jones for all the marbles, or have I just missed a huge chunk of the discussion? (I'm guessing it's the latter )
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2011-03-14, 02:20   Link #50
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

^ Yeah you missed that part .

Everybody pretty much agrees that this fight is just a small showcase on how Zoro has grown, but not so much that he could take on an arc-boss, at a disadvantage.

It'll probably consist of some smack-talk (edit: oh right, they're underwater. err..smack-glances?), a few hits exchanged, and then Zoro performs some move that either allows him to flee if he sees he can't beat Hodi under these circumstances, or Hodi to back off, reasoning that fighting this guy right now is not worth it. Probably the first scenario.
Old 2011-03-14, 15:18   Link #51
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
You mean that cover page? Well I'm still not convinced about putting those theories to rest. The theories about the fishmen and mermen being the same species kept growing after Hatchan's cover story and it was between the Marineford arc and the Post-War arc that those theories were finally put to rest. What I'm saying is, you can't trust cover stories to confirm wether or not to put theories (such as Tashigi=Kuina) to rest. The only way those theories about Tashigi and Kuina being one and the same can be settled is if Tashigi has a past flashback so we can see wether or not she is actually Kuina. I'm not sure how long it will be until Tashigi makes her next appearance but until then, you'll have to put up with those theories alot longer.
Old 2011-03-14, 15:59   Link #52
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'm not sure how long it will be until Tashigi makes her next appearance but until then, you'll have to put up with those theories alot longer.
I imagine we'll get a panel or two of Marine HQ getting news of the carnage in Fishman Island soon, with Smoker and Tashigi's reactions to the Straw Hats being at the center of it.
Old 2011-03-15, 08:42   Link #53
james0246

Chapter 618 has been created. Please move relevant discussions to the new thread.
Closed Thread