Old 2011-09-02, 13:54   Link #362
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
if this dude turns out to be Serah and Snow's child. then... dammit
I feel almost positive that that's going to be the twist.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 13:57   Link #363
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Nah, I was hoping for him to be Hope x Lightning child

..not really that surprising, considering there were many speculations about it when he first came out

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 16:23   Link #364
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I feel almost positive that that's going to be the twist.
Most likely; even though he doesn't look anything like them. And it won't be much of a twist. People have already easily managed to guess he came from the future just from watching the trailers (I haven't seen any of them entirely, so I don't know just how obvious it was). A better twist would be if he was Fang and Vanille's son (he does look like Fang). Hey, if you can time travel and magic, why not lesbian making babies?

I have a bad feeling about this installment's story...
Old 2011-09-02, 16:32   Link #365
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have a bad feeling about the story and a very, very good feeling about the gameplay. Seems to be how FF sequels operate
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 17:52   Link #366
Iron Maw
Banned

Not surprised about Noel's origins, every piece info and dialogue suggested it. It wouldn't be a time-travel story without something like that.

Lightning's details are bit more surprising and I'm not sure how it well fit in the overall plot.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 18:01   Link #367
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Saw a trailer and it looks like a waste. They should just do a FF7 remake and make everyone happy!!
Old 2011-09-02, 18:03   Link #368
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Most likely; even though he doesn't look anything like them. And it won't be much of a twist. People have already easily managed to guess he came from the future just from watching the trailers (I haven't seen any of them entirely, so I don't know just how obvious it was). A better twist would be if he was Fang and Vanille's son (he does look like Fang). Hey, if you can time travel and magic, why not lesbian making babies?

Or he's Tidus/Yuna's child (because he pretty much looks like Tidus and Yuna's child) from the future in an alternate dimension where Tidus didn't die and was just sent into the future to play out final fantasy x. Noel gets his time traveling genes from Tidus. Or better yet, Yuna gets sent back in time and meets Tidus, and the world in the future that was getting destroyed was Zanarkand. It all fits.

You're right, this has become rather kooky.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 18:03   Link #369
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Saw a trailer and it looks like a waste. They should just do a FF7 remake and make everyone happy!!
Why? The game isn't out make such a judgement.
Old 2011-09-02, 22:00   Link #370
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ugh. I am feeling worse about the story with each new piece of info.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 22:14   Link #371
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why is Lightning fighting Bahamut in the first place? Something tells me, Fang and Vanille will make a come back somehow...
Chaos summon are different from the typical summon creatures.
I presume they are formed by the chaos that flow out of the Invisible World.
Looking at Lightning's current state, I guess fal'Cie=Etro finally couldn't control the chaos anymore and requires assistance from the Visible World.

Though, the question is... where is fal'Cie=Lindzei? Visible is at danger, and we still haven't seen a trace of her.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 06:07   Link #372
Iron Maw
Banned

Fantastic shots here:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...iii_2_screens/

Quite liking the Art direction.
Old 2011-09-08, 06:12   Link #373
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I must agree with one of the comments there, that scene with Serah + Chocobo on icy field is beautiful.

Old 2011-09-09, 23:37   Link #374
Iron Maw
Banned

New interview for anyone interested:

Quote:
Interview with Motomu Toriyama

Could you give us an overview of what the Historia Crux is and how it works?

The Historia Crux is a new gameplay system that functions like a compass for time travel. As the portal which allows the player to select areas and time periods to go to, it functions a bit like a home menu and is at the heart of the story and gameplay progression of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. The player can enjoy travelling through time by freely choosing between all the time-space locations where gates have been opened up. Although these locations proceed onwards into the future, you also have the option of rewinding time so it will be possible to experience many different historical possibilities.

What specific fan feedback are you trying to respond to with the Historia Crux?

The original game, FINAL FANTASY XIII, was primarily story driven and progressed in a very linear manner. For the sequel, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, we are going for a much more player driven concept, so this time around the gameplay and story itself will alter to fit the player’s choices. You will be able to freely come and go between all the areas; the game will provide not just simple environmental exploration, but also a multi-layered exploration of history through the Historia Crux.

How does the Historia Crux affect the gameplay in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2?

The Historia Crux branches off into multiple different routes depending on the player’s choices. You will be able to take a detour into areas that have branched off of the route you have taken, perform side missions and turn back time in each of the areas to experiment with all possibilities. It is of course also possible to progress simply following the main story, like in the original FINAL FANTASY XIII. The flow of areas accessible via Historia Crux has been structured so that all of the player’s actions and decisions will influence the gameplay.

Casual players will be able to use the Historia Crux in a similar manner to browsing a favourite website – picking and choosing between all the different links available. It also contains elements aimed at more dedicated gamers, allowing for more challenging play through encouraging exploration of all the different times and places; to find additional secrets including the multiple endings that are hidden in the different routes.

Many fans have been longing for an explorable World Map for a while. Do you feel that the Historia Crux is a good alternative?

The Historia Crux divides the world into multiple layers, overlapping with the different time periods that can be played with the feeling of jumping freely around several world maps. This is a completely new system and experience, so it cannot be unconditionally compared with other options; however, when considering the key concept of “player freedom”, I believe it to be an optimal system for combining the best parts of open-world style games with the story-driven aspects of FINAL FANTASY XIII. The player can adjust their play style to either delve deeply into everything available and be engrossed, or just make more straightforward choices while going along their adventure.

Is it possible to share more information on how the Historia Crux allows for sidequests and hidden objects to feature in the game?

In the original game, the sidequests were only unlocked in the second half of the story in Gran Pulse, but in the sequel we have put in many different sidequests right from the start. Due to the overwhelming demand from players of the original, we have also included many strong and colourful mini games, a tradition of the FINAL FANTASY series. You will be able to return to any of the times and places whenever you like from the Historia Crux, so it is completely up to the player in what way they choose to play these.

Is it possible to change events that happen in the future depending on your actions in the past?

Depending on the player’s actions, new turning points to new futures will appear in time, and these will certainly form the basis for the multiple endings.

This is the first time time travel has featured so prominently in a FINAL FANTASY game, is this something you'd like to explore more in future games?

For the FINAL FANTASY series, each game has its own new game system, so it is not as if we are intending on making time travel key to all future instalments. We want fans to look forward to each FINAL FANTASY having its own unique system. For FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, we are experimenting with carrying out repeated large scale user tests to reflect the opinions of users in the game itself. We really have received a lot of feedback about the game, but among the voices there are those who say it reminds them of the classic RPG, CHRONO TRIGGER. For FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, we are aiming to make time travel a major thematic direction, and be able to express this on high-end game machines.

Will we be meeting older/younger versions of FINAL FANTASY XIII characters as we travel through time?

The main characters from the original FINAL FANTASY XIII will show up in this journey through time, so we will see them in many different situations and guises. I am sure that the fans of the original will be looking forward to seeing them again and how they have changed over the years!

Is it possible to return to time periods you've already visited and replay them as if it’s your first time you have visited the area?

It will be possible to wind back time in each of the areas you visit and replay them. Character levels and equipment etc will be carried over so it will be possible to play the game as if doing a “New Game+” for each of the areas at different times. It will be possible to play through from the start using your levelled up characters, once you have completed the game. We have taken care to put a number of elements into the game system to make replays more exciting and user-friendly.
Old 2011-09-10, 01:04   Link #375
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guys, what is this? o.o;
http://www.ff-reunion.net/ff/2011/09...13-3_dmain_get

Old 2011-09-10, 03:25   Link #376
Iron Maw
Banned

Sounds like domain squatting.
Old 2011-09-10, 09:21   Link #377
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
New interview for anyone interested:
Sounds promising, actually.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:06   Link #378
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

If the world of the original was interesting I'd be really interested in this sequel's time travel mechanic.
Old 2011-09-15, 10:54   Link #379
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

can anyone translate this?

so another new character appeared

and it seems that the reunion of Serah and Lightning would be faster than I thought in this game.

Snow's new hair style... uhhhh... meh
Hope's choice of clothes is kinda...weird for my taste

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 11:56   Link #380
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

can anyone translate this?

so another new character appeared

and it seems that the reunion of Serah and Lightning would be faster than I thought in this game.

Snow's new hair style... uhhhh... meh
Hope's choice of clothes is kinda...weird for my taste
Oh god...Snow's hair...

Spoiler for trailer translation:

Last edited by Avatar of Dreams; 2011-09-15 at 12:08.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote