AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 24.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 33.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 28.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-30, 18:36   Link #21
blackwhite67
Banned

Kreim and the playboy remind me of Colonel Kati and Patrick Colassaur from 00. BTW, can someone explain where Haruto and Saki pulled those suits from?
Old 2013-05-30, 18:39   Link #22
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Takemikazuchi:
Old 2013-05-30, 20:03   Link #23
Entravity

God this episode is so win. The song at the end when ERU ERUFU is reminiscing about his past. Dem predictions.
Dat MARK OF CAIN.
Dat incomplete Valvrave
DAT CONTRACT.
I need to get my body ready for the next episode.
Old 2013-05-30, 20:43   Link #24
Irenesharda

Another amazing episode from Valvrave!

The Dorssians are getting serious and the new JIOR students are as well. With Aina's death, things take a serious turn as Dorssia once again invades and begins to fight the students in earnest and even with the power of two Valvraves on their side, the students are still losing badly. It's only when Haruto finally makes his deal with L-elf that L-11 saves the day.

Speaking of our silver-haired awesome powerhouse, we get to see into his background a bit and find out what his relationship is with the pink-haired princess. It seems L-11 was from one of the countries that Dorssia conquered and was being sent to a concentration camp, but he was able to escape. However when about to be captured by the guards he takes the Dorssian princess hostage. However the princess makes a plea for his life and sacrifices half of her life for his which allows him to live. This gives a key to why he was so upset with Haruto's use of the term "half", and why he's doing what he's doing.

Meanwhile, Kyuma and Raizo are emotionally ravaged by Aina's death and to say they will become pilots next episode is practically writing on the wall. (The next episode being entitled "Dog and Thunder", which is a play on the two's names, "Raizo" meaning "thunder" and Kyuma's family name being "Inuzuka", meaning "dog house".) You get to see more of the bishie Nazi kid hit squad and none of them can understand why Cain isn't telling the higher ups about L-11. Cain however has plans of his own and again proves that he knows much more than anyone else in this story. He knows that the OS-tan of the Valvrave is named "Lune" and he speaks of his "bride". He also wears the mark of the Valvrave which can indicate that he too is a space vampire.

L-elf, Haruto, and Saki all wage battle against the Dorssians, and with L-11's help, they're able to win. Meanwhile, Satomi is falling apart because Shoko is taking over all the parts of his life, from his job as class president, to that of being elder brother to Akira. I have a feeling that he too will be unfortunately dying soon, if only to prove himself as strong a person as Shoko.

Haruto again is quite naive, as L-11 has pointed out several times, and always wants to save everyone. However, we know there will come a time where he will not be able to save everyone and that is what will put him to the test.

Can't wait till the next episode, I give this one a 9/10!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-30, 21:19   Link #25
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wow, Iren commented on this episode so nicely that all I have different to contribute is.... VV1 has an awesome claw shield. I also wondered how Dorssian was not curb stomping JIOR at first, but after seeing L-Elf hijack one of their mechs (the name escapes me right now) they seem too fast for their weapons including the magnetic boomerangs compared to the Valvraves. I guess it is one of those powerful technology vs. mass production type of wars, it gives the distinction of both sides if that makes any sense.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:24   Link #26
G147

About next week's title "Dog and Thunder" does this refer to Inuzuka and Raizo.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:47   Link #27
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
About next week's title "Dog and Thunder" does this refer to Inuzuka and Raizo.
Probably, Raizo has said over and over again that he wants to be called "Thunder" and that's supposedly what his name means. And the "inu" in "Inuzuka" means "dog".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-30, 21:51   Link #28
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Inuzuka is the guy with anger issues that wants to fight, right?
Old 2013-05-30, 21:54   Link #29
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Probably, Raizo has said over and over again that he wants to be called "Thunder" and that's supposedly what his name means.
Well, the "Rai" part would mean "Thunder". The "zou" part would probably be "Three".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Inuzuka is the guy who's obsessing over avenging Aina this episode, whereas previously he was obsessed with making money.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:58   Link #30
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
previously he was obsessed with making money.
This I did not notice. Anyway, thanks Tokkan! (I had the two mixed up apparently)
Quote:
he "zou" part would probably be "Three".
I thought the Japanese word for three was sang, could be wrong though. I also swear I've heard the idea of a dog and thunder deity in mythology before, but I can't put my finger on it.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:00   Link #31
Irenesharda

Quote:
Kyuma Inuzuka, Haruto's best male friend and Aina's boyfriend, the guy who was all about money, at least until Aina's untimely death. Now he wants to be a pilot and avenge her.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-30, 22:05   Link #32
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I thought the Japanese word for three was sang, could be wrong though.
You mean "san". And no, in names "zou" is "three" like how "ji" is "two".
Old 2013-05-30, 22:06   Link #33
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Great episode. Seems like VVV gets better each week.

Aina's death inevitably darkened the atmosphere of the show, and as expected the students are very much affected by it, especially Kyuuma, who, like Haruto in episode 1, wants to pilot a Valvrave and avenge her.

The L-elf flashbacks were brief, but rather sweet and inserted at the right times. The insert song near the end was a nice touch too.

Kriemhild gets more screentime this episode. As she's suspicious of Cain's plans, it's likely that she'll try to find out more, and Cain might have to eliminate her in the future.

Other than that, even if Moses is gone, VVV doesn't run short of great lines. The exchanges between L-elf and Haruto really makes you want to ship them - what was that about coffee - and Cain's speech at the end is ornate and more enigmatic than ever. So his family is somehow linked to the Valvraves now? Didn't expect for him to be a space vampire as well, though.

Anyway, can't wait for the next one.

Last edited by Allium; 2013-05-30 at 22:18.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:19   Link #34
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post

Other than that, even if Moses is gone, VVV doesn't run short of great lines. The exchanges between L-elf and Haruto really makes you want to ship them - what was that about coffee
The coffee line is HILARIOUS. So much shipping, especially at the end too when Haruto picks L-Elf up.

Also, it seems like Cain is in on the revolution? The way he talked about pre-revolution guards seem like that the revolution plans are well underway. Maybe he needs A-drei as the figurehead for the new government and needs the Valveraves to fulfill his plan.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:19   Link #35
shadow1296

really was a great episode l-elf and haruto definitely are going to become best friends, kyuuma is going to pilot a valvrave, satomi is either going to die or betray them, and OS-tan is related to cain in some way she is either the bride he talked about or related to him in some other way
Old 2013-05-30, 22:28   Link #36
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The coffee line is HILARIOUS. So much shipping, especially at the end too when Haruto picks L-Elf up.

Also, it seems like Cain is in on the revolution? The way he talked about pre-revolution guards seem like that the revolution plans are well underway. Maybe he needs A-drei as the figurehead for the new government and needs the Valveraves to fulfill his plan.
First it was ham and egg sandwiches and now coffee! Are those two planning brunch?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-30, 22:30   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

I suspect Cain is delighted as it is revealed he is not the last of his kind.

Valrave-tan could be the key to the re-population of their race.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:42   Link #38
ahuei123456

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This seems familiar...

Spoiler for Possible goal of Cain:
Old 2013-05-30, 22:50   Link #39
cyoti

By race he means space vampires like himself.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:51   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Suddenly....Old World of Darkness