AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 20:31   Link #101
klare

are there simpler chords around that acoustic guitar able to play?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 00:31   Link #102
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplane2 View Post
Hey um, just wondering, is there a way you could put up the notation/tabs/whatever you may have for these too? A group of friends and I are covering this song and we can't find a notation anywhere for the drums.
Pro Tools 8 has a feature that will allow me to produce notation sheets from MIDI files, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. worst case I can just post the midi file
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 19:38   Link #103
rockmanxpr

Here's that notation I promised and the MIDI file for the drums, hopefully you can make head or tails out of it

http://download.yousendit.com/MnFoVWRrNkc3N0R2Wmc9PQ
Old 2009-08-19, 01:17   Link #104
theplane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
Here's that notation I promised and the MIDI file for the drums, hopefully you can make head or tails out of it

http://download.yousendit.com/MnFoVWRrNkc3N0R2Wmc9PQ
Oh wow thanks, but I actually meant the notation for Don't Say Lazy! x__x Sorry, my fault there, I should've been more clear ~
The notation itself looks fine though, though I can't speak much on this since I don't play drums xDD I'm playing keyboard for the cover.
If it's too much trouble to make a new notation, could you post just the midi?
theplane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 03:58   Link #105
nikoniko94

k-on tabs

hi im new to this website and i was wondering if anybody have the tabs on bass for "dont say lazy". i would really appreciate the help thank you
nikoniko94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 04:00   Link #106
theplane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoniko94 View Post
hi im new to this website and i was wondering if anybody have the tabs on bass for "dont say lazy". i would really appreciate the help thank you
This video has tabs in the description, and this site has some tabs as well [they look simpler?]. Just Ctrl+F to find Don't Say Lazy. I didn't make either of them but I used them a little, they look fine.
Old 2009-08-21, 18:35   Link #107
darkbalmunk
Silent Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwat View Post
i believe i know the tune your talking about, that end-of-classes thing. (at least i hope so)

its like this:
E---7-----5-------5-7--------------------------------------------
B-----8----------------8-----------------------------------------
G------------7-7-------------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------

hope that helps....
anyways back to the K-ON goodness.
thx very much
darkbalmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 01:15   Link #108
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplane2 View Post
Oh wow thanks, but I actually meant the notation for Don't Say Lazy! x__x Sorry, my fault there, I should've been more clear ~
The notation itself looks fine though, though I can't speak much on this since I don't play drums xDD I'm playing keyboard for the cover.
If it's too much trouble to make a new notation, could you post just the midi?
Here's "Dont Say Lazy" for drums

http://download.yousendit.com/MnFqTmZRT01EbUpjR0E9PQ
Old 2009-08-26, 01:10   Link #109
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tismigget View Post
I happen to have some tabs of this guy. I just quickly tabbed the different parts so I could print them.
These are the ones i tabbed:
Cagayake!GIRLS(guitar):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMbwQaVWo0g
Don't say "Lazy"(guitar):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnIAjzUjP2g
Fuwa Fuwa Time(guitar):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZfMXrrgw0
Fuwa Fuwa Time(bass):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcxE9iSDaM

You can download them here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8SIH8HBJ

They're just simple tabs, the part numbers correspond to the order in which they are shown in the videos.

PS: Don't ask about all the japanese stuff that's shown during the video, I have no idea what it's all supposed to mean.
I formatted Don't Say "Lazy" into a Text Document Format so anyone who doesn't have Guitar Pro 5 or is too lazy to download it, here's the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59SF85GJ

It's my first tab (well, not MINE but I redid everything in Notepad, so to some extent, it sort of is ..), so sorry if it isn't up to standards with other tabs. I'll be sure to do the other songs in that ZIP as well (maybe not bass though, sorry bassists - noob tabber here). (:

EDIT - What horrible freaking timing. My laptop crashed and I had to format it, so I lost all my stuff. I can't believe I didn't have a freaking USB Drive on me, even though I have like a trillion blank CD's and DVD's .. >_<

Last edited by EGFontanilla; 2009-08-27 at 02:46.
EGFontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:12   Link #110
Gutter

Send a message via MSN to Gutter
I wonder if anyone has or knows of a tab for the solo in the song Maddy Candy? It's the solo that Yui plays in episode 4.
Gutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 15:06   Link #111
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
I wonder if anyone has or knows of a tab for the solo in the song Maddy Candy? It's the solo that Yui plays in episode 4.

Found this

Old 2009-08-27, 18:57   Link #112
Rexgt

K-ON! Which lied this is Thank

K-ON! It is simply great!
Also whom it does not hear inser here purely,
but I would know with pleasure which song this is in the first part with approx. 19 minutes it is played then still comes away in my Anime the OST. Thank you Very much for your help And I it hopes become even more produced shares.
Rexgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 03:10   Link #113
theplane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
Thanks so much! They're great~!

@Rexgt - You're looking for a song off of the OST? I'm not sure this is the right place to ask... But I'm not sure where else to ask either ~ This thread is for people who want to know how to play K-ON! songs on an instrument. I'd help you if I could but I don't know what the song is .___. .

Last edited by theplane2; 2009-09-02 at 03:20.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:08   Link #114
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
If it matters to anyone, I'm going to be doing my own bass covers of "the three" K-ON! songs: Cagayake! Girls, Don't Say Lazy, and my favorite: Fuwa Fuwa Time. All that's left to do is figure out the rest of Cagayake! Girls (the bass solo and bridge kill me).

Last edited by MadModBassist; 2009-09-05 at 10:09.
MadModBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 02:00   Link #115
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadModBassist View Post
If it matters to anyone, I'm going to be doing my own covers of "the three" K-ON! songs: Cagayake! Girls, Don't Say Lazy, and my favorite: Fuwa Fuwa Time. All that's left to do is figure out the rest of Cagayake! Girls (the bass solo and bridge kill me).
Hey if you do record it, if you like give me the wave files and I can mix them with the drums I've programmed if you play along with it. That way its in time and yes recording and mixing right now is my (or at least trying to) working for a living.

What I really want is the score book so i can do a proper cover of the songs.
Old 2009-09-12, 12:26   Link #116
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

I've honestly got no clue as to what you're referring to, sorry ^_^; If it's any help, my camera records in MP4, and then it's directly to YouTube.

I think I just might be doing all three today if I'm feelin' up to it. Hittin' the showers now, then I'm going to have me a bass day. I'll post links to the vids if I do in fact cover those three.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:40   Link #117
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

He's saying if you recorded it directly through something like Audacity or garage band, then you could send him the .wav or .mp3 files for him to add drums too haha.

A score book would be amazing, I've been playing Cagayake! Girls all day, but I can't remember all of it, I get about to the bridge and I fall apart haha. The slapping is also giving me some trouble, but I'm getting better at it.
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 19:01   Link #118
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Yeah, I was going to do those K-ON! covers today...about that...

I kinda couldn't find the right tone I wanted and am further postponing them XD Instead, I recorded a bunch of other stuff...

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Tell Me Baby (try that for slap, Splitpersonality. It's a very fun slap )
The Who -- Boris the Spider, Pinball Wizard, My Generation
The Beatles -- Helter Skelter

If any of you want those covers when they're up, I'll post 'em here if you want me to, or just send me a PM. It'll take awhile to get 'em all up. Right now my camera needs a recharging before I record some more before the daylight is completely gone.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:13   Link #119
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

I'm learning some YYZ right now, maybe I'll learn some RHCP someday, I've been meaning to but then I fell out of love with american music, and in love with japanese and anime music, so maybe eventually haha.

What kinda bass you playing?
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 22:16   Link #120
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm working on the whole band presentation of K-on on my Sibelius 3, but it's just baffling that I can't seem to get the exact synth effects on Mugi's parts on Don't Say Lazy. All I know is that there are three synth effects on the whole song.

I got 2 voices, tabs for Yui's part (which i got here, btw), 3 staves for Mugi's three synth effects, and a percussion staff for Ritsu. I figured out Ritsu's part on my own, but not sure if I got it right. :P Mio's bass tabs are completely blank. :x

Any ideas which effects were used by Mugi-chan back there on the song?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote