AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 05:02   Link #201
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

DEFINITELY:
Ano Hana
Hanasaku Iroha
Ao no Excorcist
C
Stein; Gate
Deadman Wonderland
Denpa Onna
Maria Holic 2

Maybe:
Hidan no Aria
Nichijou
Hen Zemi
30 year old vigin show
Kami Nomi 2
Old 2011-03-24, 06:34   Link #202
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I'd like to know where you get Bake's accumulative points from, since Amazon Stalker doesn't have them (it only has the first vol and it's way out of date, only covering when the vol was first registered). At the rate Madoka is going it will hit around 17,000 points by the time it goes on sale, and if the last push that most anime get when they're about to go on sale pushes Madoka into ranking number 1 on Amazon then it might even cross 20,000, which insures sub 60,000 for the BDs. Here's the calculations from the 2ch BD/DVD thread.

Spoiler:

IIRC it's actually 78,554, but yeah, damn close to 80,000. I'd still put my money on Madoka doing just as well if not better though.

Yeah, that's true, it's sort of the same thing this season with Madoka and IS. Since there are virtually no other shows collectors are willing to buy, everyone's money is going towards Madoka and IS this season. I still say Ano Hana will manage to stand out since the team is just really good at budget management (consistent art/animation) and coming up with interesting original content that makes use of the characters and settings in their stories, but we'll see.
GAH WHO CARES. WE ALL KNOW MADOKA'S GONNA EARN SH*T LOAD OF MONEY JUST LIKE BAKEMONOGATARI.
But seriously 60, 000 pre orders... well that's just crazy. If it does happen I will clap.
Old 2011-03-24, 06:39   Link #203
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
GAH WHO CARES. WE ALL KNOW MADOKA'S GONNA EARN SH*T LOAD OF MONEY JUST LIKE BAKEMONOGATARI.
I care since that means there is slight possibility that they will actually improve their horribad scheduling and lack of staffs with this funding...

but Gainax couldn't
Old 2011-03-24, 07:11   Link #204
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It's not 2ch voted list. That's why.
Ah, got it. I was confused by the edit and thought you edited in a 2ch version. Thanks.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 07:16   Link #205
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I care since that means there is slight possibility that they will actually improve their horribad scheduling and lack of staffs with this funding...

but Gainax couldn't
You've got a point there . . .
Though there is the word "slight" since Bakemonogatari did earn a lot yet they're still understaffed. Or are they? I think SHAFT does prefer a small number of people. I doubt the scheduling issues will improve though.
Old 2011-03-25, 15:08   Link #206
hoarfrost

My list from somewhere else:

STEINS;GATE - Being a Nitro+ title I'll be following this one with calculated anticipation. Here's hoping it doesn't go the way of its predecessor, which I frankly found shallow and pretentious even in its original form. I haven't read STEINS;GATE but the visuals of the game look appealing and it's nice to see they've been translated somewhat well into the anime.

AnoHana - A-1 has a good rep with me and the PV only reinforced my desire to watch this one. It looks like this will be my drama fix of the season.

Hanasaku Iroha - Screw Nichijou and A-channel, this is how I like my slice of lifes. Casual, believable and gorgeous.

C - Why the hell not? Not even Fractale's underwhelming run will dampen my enthusiasm for noitaminA.

Maria Holic and Denpa Onna - SHAFT comedy is hit and miss. All I know is that I didn't much like the first season of the former and the later has a premise that can only be extreme parody in the hands of SHAFT.

Moshidora - Will watch

Kampfer - Hell yes.

Hidan no Aria - Dear J.C. Staff: I've seen this one already. Making it half a dozen more times won't make it more interesting.

I'll definitely be watching more as my life semester ends and time allows.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:00   Link #207
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Really looking forward to:
Steins;Gate: Cuz I'm a sucker for sci fi
C: Not sure why, but the PVs convinced me it should be worth the watch.
AnoHana: Looks like it could be a really good drama & tear jerker.

Might check out:
Mashidora: I'm not really into sports series, but it looks like it could be a really inspiring show.
TWOGKII: Enjoyed the manga.
Sket Dance: Funny as heck, that's why.
Hidan No Aria: Tbh honest idk, but its so hard to ignore.
Dennpa Onna: Due to no trailers or PVs yet I can't say for sure, but a lot people think it should be good.

Last edited by Student no.0; 2011-03-28 at 15:02.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:55   Link #208
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Like Bakemonogatari didn't give them enough money already or something or was Nisio laughing all the way to the bank?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 04:08   Link #209
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ That's why it is 'slight' possibility. u.u~~ Scheduling will never improve, I guess.

(but might get more staffs since they get mor money?... if you go to shaft, u work 24 hours a day)
Old 2011-03-26, 10:18   Link #210
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I hope there will an uncensored version of Seikon no Qwaser 2. I'm not really looking forward for its nudity but for me censorship killed the show. JUst look what happened to its first season.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 11:14   Link #211
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I hope there will an uncensored version of Seikon no Qwaser 2. I'm not really looking forward for its nudity but for me censorship killed the show. JUst look what happened to its first season.
The uncensored version is confirmed to air on April 18 on the AnimeOne webcast stream, but contains poor quality for what happened to the first season.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 22:28   Link #212
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Next season is actually shaping up to be quite decent, at least in my book. Let's see, then, shall we?

Definitely watching:

Steins;Gate - Arguably, I did not enjoy the Chaos;HEAd novel, but I still think it had a lot of potential due to its setting. What killed it for me was just how boring and incredibly annoying Takumi was as a protagonist, and just that was enough to drag the whole experience down. I hear from two friends of mine that the characters in Steins;Gate are all much more interesting, and coupling that with the relatively solid staff and 2 cour running length, my expectations are very high. Plus, the whole time travel thing is always a theme I enjoy, so there's hardly anything to go wrong here. The trailer is looking really nice, as well, with Takeshi Abo's music fitting perfectly. Overall, my most anticipated series.

Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera - The sheer fact it's based on one of the best regarded Go Nagai's manga in Japan is enough of a catch already, but I'm just loving those character designs. They are a very good example of how to portray a classic style in a modern day series. The trailer also looked like loads of fun, and from those two minutes I got the impression I'll be loving the interactions between Enma and Yukiko, who seem to have a very nice chemistry going on. Last but not least, production seemed to be pretty good, and we're even getting a Masaaki Endoh OP song. Do I need to go on? Clearly not! Too many good things to list so far, haha.

C - I am still not completely sold on it, due to my overall dislike towards Trapeze. It wasn't a bad series, but I found that Nakamura went a bit too far with the visual gimmicks, and in the end it did more harm than good overall. Thankfully, it seems like C is back to being different yet good looking, and while the story hardly tells me anything by now aside from 'intriguing', Nakamura's involvement is enough of a reason to at least check it out. On an unrelated note, I hope Iwasaki drops the rap for this, because it was cool in Gurren-Lagann, but by now I'd like to hear some more classical Iwasaki pieces.

Blue Exorcist - I am a shounen junkie. Really. The problem is that only rarely do I find titles which seem interesting enough to hold my attention. So far, though, the promotional material for Exorcist is doing its job well enough, and the Nichigo + Okamura combo makes me curious to see what exactly will be coming out of here. A-1's involvement with a good staff makes me think that it will be a well animated series, too, and if the action is well handled that's halfway there for an enjoyable shounen battle show.

Checking out, probably will watch a few episodes at least:

Maria+Holic Alive - Yet another one of those SHAFT / Shinbo comedies. At this point I understand all the criticism that they get from people, but it doesn't mean I agree with it -- I still find shows such as Arakawa and M+H to pack enough funny jokes every once in a while and as such I see no reason to ignore them. No matter how repetitive it may be, in the end Maria is still one ofthe few comedy shows which make me laugh on a regular basis, so... count me in for more lesbian harassment and traps. And boy, somewhat unrelated but I am dying to check the new M+H OP. Here's hoping it turns out to be as good as the first season's, because the animation sequence is still one of my favourite OPs of all time. And Hanaji went well with it, to boot!

Deadman Wonderland - Been hearing a lot of buzz about this one in the last few weeks, and upon further inspection it seems awfully interesting. My only fear is that the unexperienced director along with manglobe might not be the perfect recipe for a good adaptation. That and the censorship, since I hear things can get pretty brutal in the manga.

Other things

TIGER & BUNNY - After reading the synopsis, I've concluded that this duo only reminds me of that movie, "Showtime", which featured two completely different cops (played by Robert de Niro and Eddie Murphy, iirc) trying to get along with each other in a way that wouldn't compromise their job. The chemistry between the two was great, and if TIGER & BUNNY can do something in that line, it could be pretty funny. The downside so far is the whole cheap 3D CGI look. Not really liking it.

Because I just have to:

Lotte no Omocha! - Seriously, I'm going to give this one episode simply because of the whole semen stuff. It must be Japan's best (worst?) attempt at shocking me, and after hearing that the Naoya guy is apparently well over his 20s, I just cannot wait to see how wrong a story about a 10 year old succubus who needs semen to live will be. I am an evil person.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-03-30 at 13:37.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 20:54   Link #213
cohen

http://www.crunchyroll.com/yugioh-ze...-1-pv-1-572866

Don't know if any of you know, but 4kids has been streaming most of the CR anime, so it wouldn't come as a surprise if this Thurday, 4kids announces this all. Using CR is a great way to fans like us to watch our show the way we want, while also having the dub to fall back on.

This isn't confirmed yet though, but the PV is subbed.
Old 2011-03-28, 22:10   Link #214
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/yugioh-ze...-1-pv-1-572866

Don't know if any of you know, but 4kids has been streaming most of the CR anime, so it wouldn't come as a surprise if this Thurday, 4kids announces this all. Using CR is a great way to fans like us to watch our show the way we want, while also having the dub to fall back on.

This isn't confirmed yet though, but the PV is subbed.
This season Crunchyroll seems to have made false positives for almost every show this season so I wouldn't count on it.
There's only 11 spaces left on their lineup page yet their are 18+ pages for spring shows.

Last season people were able to work out the shows they had largely ahead of time so they're probably trying to take people off the scent.
Old 2011-03-28, 22:37   Link #215
cohen

A CR member doubts the whole 11 thing, and also says the decoy pages concept is probably not used this time around.

Personally, why would they go through all that? Especially with such an owned property such as Yugioh? To even have the PV up online, NAS would have their heads if they weren't doing it.
Old 2011-03-31, 17:00   Link #216
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Spring 2011 doesn't really look captivating. Regardless, I'll check out:

Hidan no Aria
30-sai no Hoken Taiikku
Kempfer: fur die Liebe
Sket Dance (maybe)

Will Watch:
Amagami: Tachibana Miya Arc
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:46   Link #217
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

My picks:
- Ao no Exorcist
- Lotte no Omocha
- Deadman Wonderland
- Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
- Dog Days
- Hanasaku Iroha
- Hen Zemi
- Hidan no Aria
- Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
- The World God Only Knows 2
- Moshidora
- MariaHolic;Alive
- Nichijou
- Steins;Gate

The SHAFT shows are the ones I'm most interested in (MH2 is guaranteed to be good, as the first season was awesome). I hope TWGOK2 gets better than S1, which failed to truly impress me. Nichijou, because it's KyoAni, Hidan no Aria because of lolis with guns (and Rie Kugimiya voicing one) and others I picked either out of curiosity or a cast with (somewhat) big names.

How many of these I'll still be watching after the first ep remains to be seen, though...
Old 2011-04-03, 18:25   Link #218
Forsaken_Infinity

"Young animator training project" dished out two godly episodes thus far so I am freaking watching the rest. Why isn't there a thread for it btw?

As for the rest... will watch an episode or two of all and decide which ones to watch. For now, the expectations are quite high with Steins;Gate, Showa Monogatari, Ao No Exorcist, Nichijou, Dog days and Hana Saku Iroha. Fingers crossed.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 01:20   Link #219
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I still have plenty of anime to burn through on my HD and external, so what I'll probably be obtaining and watching later:

C
Steins;Gate
appleseed
Ao no Exorcist
Hyouge mono
Aria
Dog days
30 year old
Hoshizora

normally, I'd also have Qwaser and Kaminomi on this as well but... I need to watch the first seasons of both

some that are possibilities, but aren't 100% sure about:
Deadman wonderland (need to read the manga first before I decide yay or nay)
Hanasaku
Oretachi (for some reason, it's giving off a sad/tragic vibe, and outside some exceptions, I don't like that kind of stuff... but the art looks good)
Maria Holic (need to watch the first season)
sket dance
Nichijou

and I also confess that Sengoku otome almost had me, with the "assets" that it'll have... but ever since Ikki tousen, I find shows that replace the old warlords with cute females to be a huge turn-off, even with improvements like Koihime Musou. I think it's because it destroys what sounds like should be a GAR anime... hell, it seems like a like of anime is lacking the GAR factor these days(I personally blame the goddamned moe-taku that KyoAni helped to create)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 10:21   Link #220
Malandro

I'll chek out:

Steins;Gate
Kaiji 2
Sket Dance
Hyouge Mono
Dororon Enma-kun
Denpa Onna
C
Deadman Wonderland