1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-05, 05:49   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's good for those who find her annoying, I suppose.
Hey, it's great for those of us who like her character too!

Quote:
I also find myself starting to be annoyed of how easily it seems for Flit to take charge of discussions this early in the series no matter the people there. And to think we have ~41 more episodes ... I better get used to it, I suppose.
41 more episodes of Flint? It may not be as early as you think. From the looks of it we're moving into a climax. If this will be the one and only we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2011-12-05, 06:05   Link #42
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm hoping in the next episode, she'll start to encourage Flit to fight.
The last thing Flit needs is more encouragement to fight. He'll probably start getting reckless or worse.
No, all Flit needs right now is to know that he has the support of his friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
41 more episodes of Flint? It may not be as early as you think. From the looks of it we're moving into a climax. If this will be the one and only we'll have to wait and see.
Sorry, but I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 06:47   Link #43
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Sorry, but I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here.
He's saying Flit isn't going to be the main character for much longer. And I think if he's making those speeches at the age of 40 or 70 it probably won't be as annoying
Old 2011-12-05, 07:01   Link #44
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The last thing Flit needs is more encouragement to fight. He'll probably start getting reckless or worse.
Yeah, the last time a main character got 'encouragement', he raped everything on sight. Yes I'm talking about you, Kira.
Old 2011-12-05, 08:16   Link #45
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
He's saying Flit isn't going to be the main character for much longer.
Oh, I know that, but Flit will still be around, I believe.
Quote:
And I think if he's making those speeches at the age of 40 or 70 it probably won't be as annoying
While the speeches can be annoying as well, it's more the little things like when Flit asked (demanded?) Madorna to explain the presence of the UE mobile suit. Even though it was Woolf who was invited, in that entire discussion, it felt to me like he played second fiddle to Flit, if you know what I mean.

But you're right, an adult Flit would probably not be as annoying to me acting as he is. Although, if he was pushing 70 years old, that might be just as bad as a teenage Flit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Yeah, the last time a main character got 'encouragement', he raped everything on sight. Yes I'm talking about you, Kira.
Old 2011-12-05, 10:09   Link #46
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
How....in the world is that annoying?
Well lets put it this way, if Tomino is “Kill’em all...”, and Fukuda is “Flashback’em all...”, The director of AGE might be “Handblast’em all...”

You haven’t noticed the ridiculous amount of cool UE mecha doing nothing more than hand-gun blasting all battle...It’s nauseating at times...You’d think they could (would) do more than that...
Old 2011-12-05, 13:08   Link #47
Araxiel

Well, that happens to be where their guns are located. They've also been known to melee attack, use beam sabers, transform, and use the tail rifles.
Really, what more can you possibly want them to do?

Nice to see the obvious weakness of the Titus adressed in this episode. Rather than the Titus being retired already as some posters were implying, I'm figuring this will segue into a situation whereby parts are swapped depending on the situation. [It seemed from the previous episode that switching out the limbs takes a matter of minutes at most, anyway.]
Looking forward to some high-speed Spallow/Zedas combat soon.
Old 2011-12-05, 14:24   Link #48
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well lets put it this way, if Tomino is “Kill’em all...”, and Fukuda is “Flashback’em all...”, The director of AGE might be “Handblast’em all...”

You haven’t noticed the ridiculous amount of cool UE mecha doing nothing more than hand-gun blasting all battle...It’s nauseating at times...You’d think they could (would) do more than that...
Because it's effective. Freedom and Strike Freedom did the same exact shit.

Quote:
Or, he'll get her all hot once she realizes how cool he is piloting the AGE, and the second generation can be.....conceived
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:14   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
How....in the world is that annoying?
You'd have to have witnessed the whole "realism" debate to understand where he's coming from. Personally I think it's the silliest thing ever that just leads to an impossible standard (Chris Guanche made like the funniest joke about it ever in a Gundamn Podcast that I might link later) but some people take the "realism" thing dead seriously.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 17:18   Link #50
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You'd have to have witnessed the whole "realism" debate to understand where he's coming from. Personally I think it's the silliest thing ever that just leads to an impossible standard (Chris Guanche made like the funniest joke about it ever in a Gundamn Podcast that I might link later) but some people take the "realism" thing dead seriously.
Link now. >:D
Old 2011-12-05, 17:48   Link #51
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Because it's effective. Freedom and Strike Freedom did the same exact shit.
That answer is as lazy as the fight choreography in this show...S-F was a victim of epic reused animation, and Freedom did a bevy of moves to go along with it's stock-footage rainbow spam (That's a special move BTW, not a base move)...I'm talking about a series of episodes where the enemy mech just lazily shoots hand-blasts almost despite the fact (and the show has told us) that they are superior tech...Remember the episode when the UE fought the purple and brown Zaku-types and it was just spraying like a walking zombie when it could have done so much more?
Old 2011-12-05, 17:50   Link #52
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Seeing how they were piece of shit Zakus, the UE didn't need to do fancy shit to kill them. They were just piece of shit Zakus against an nigh-invincible opponent.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:54   Link #53
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
That answer is as lazy as the fight choreography in this show...S-F was a victim of epic reused animation, and Freedom did a bevy of moves to go along with it's stock-footage rainbow spam (That's a special move BTW, not a base move)...I'm talking about a series of episodes where the enemy mech just lazily shoots hand-blasts almost despite the fact (and the show has told us) that they are superior tech...Remember the episode when the UE fought the purple and brown Zaku-types and it was just spraying like a walking zombie when it could have done so much more?
This isn't about good choreographed fights, it's about an effective ranged weapon being used by an invincible line up of mobile suits. Nothing in the show except the Gundam can withstand the volley of particle bolts coming from the UE, they're destroyed within seconds.

And why should the Gafrans have done more when fighting the Zilas? They're weak, made of paper, pieces of shit that the Gafran have to put no effort into fighting. Why should the UE do something different, when just laying down repetitive fire works about 9/10 times?
Old 2011-12-05, 18:19   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Are yall serious? The UE didn't even destroy the 2 Zaku's with this maneuver (Go watch the ep again, walking like a Zombie, shooting in a purposeless effort)...So it wasn't effective...It's unimaginative and lazy...This has been very noticeable to me...It seems they are just BSing IMO, rather than just some nuance level of effective combat...And we all know the fighting in this show isn't being presented thru the prism of tactical or "realistic" engagements, so it stands to debate that the animators are just being lazy (or just lacking the imagination to stage good battles)...Not reused out the wazoo stock footage lazy, but lazy all the same...

It's something I'm noticing alot...Too much to be a passing thing...
Old 2011-12-05, 18:29   Link #55
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
^Are yall serious? The UE didn't even destroy the 2 Zaku's with this maneuver (Go watch the ep again, walking like a Zombie, shooting in a purposeless effort)...So it wasn't effective...It's unimaginative and lazy...This has been very noticeable to me...It seems they are just BSing IMO, rather than just some nuance level of effective combat...And we all know the fighting in this show isn't being presented thru the prism of tactical or "realistic" engagements, so it stands to debate that the animators are just being lazy (or just lacking the imagination to stage good battles)...Not reused out the wazoo stock footage lazy, but lazy all the same...

It's something I'm noticing alot...Too much to be a passing thing...
Then stop watching the show, instead of having your standards not met on a weekly basis.
Old 2011-12-05, 18:44   Link #56
brightman
Ancient Member

I think from this ep, we can basically assume that the UE is just playing around with their prey most of the time... They seem to be remote control robots after all, so there's no consequence to all this fooling around since no one in the UE side is really getting hurt, and to top it off they seem to have a seven year old controlling or commanding them.

Once the next gen comes, when tech on the Earth Fed side is more up to date and people are a bit more competent and the stakes are higher, the fights should get a lot more exciting
Old 2011-12-05, 19:26   Link #57
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Given the fact that that UE's motives maybe geared to assisting humanity and that the ones controlling the robots are kids, I don't think the fighting is being taken seriously to begin with. That just goes to show how big of a technological gap it is between the two. It's like when Lockon in Dynames was taking pot shots at construction workers armed wtih 50 calibur guns.

There are several instances where the UE could've simply annihilated the Gundam and Diva yet they just pull out at randomly. Now that we know kids like Descil are running them I think that speaks for itself. They are just toying with them and that's what some of the posters are complaining.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 20:02   Link #58
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This episode had me thinking... That little boy Woolf, he has his mother's eyes, and his father's arrogance.
Old 2011-12-05, 20:12   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Or, he'll get her all hot once she realizes how cool he is piloting the AGE, and the second generation can be.....conceived
Flit would have to take notice of Emily first. There's no problem on her end; she already likes him before he ever piloted any mobile suit.
Old 2011-12-05, 21:27   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Link now. >:D
Gundamn Podcast I mentioned. The show is often pretty funny, but the particular segment that absolutely reduced me to tears laughing is at about 00:43:09-00:46:20 because it hits so close to home since I've dealt with and interacted with these people much like Chris did while I was still blogging, but even now I run across them and it's totally how they seem to think as well. I totally recommend listening to the whole segment though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion