AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-21, 04:17   Link #101
Simon
気持ち悪い

More ways to support Rec with your hard-earned yen:

Character Song CD : CDJapan - Amazon JP

Drama CD #1 : CDJapan - Amazon JP

NB: I'd trust CDJapan's release date for the drama CD more than Amazon's.

Last edited by Simon; 2006-02-24 at 17:45.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 15:15   Link #102
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 4 was the one I liked the least until now.

Spoiler for episode 4:

A new frame appeared in the OP:

This is "Roman Holiday", desu!
The other two Hepburn's frames were repeated (for the recording, the one with the cat from "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and the one from "My Fair Lady")

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-02-24 at 16:56.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 21:28   Link #103
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Anyway to see if its still being serialized in Sunday GX magazine (which is a magazine for young men) I had to check the site, but its not listed in the current issue of Sunday GX could it be that volume 5 of REC (released tomorrow) is the last volume of REC manga?
Ok I'm quoting myself >.< lol

The manga is still ongoing in Sunday GX, so volume 5 is not the last volume.
Old 2006-02-24, 22:03   Link #104
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep 4
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 02:26   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... I Officially Like This Anime now..... the two characters make me smile and it does remind me a lot of the old Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn type of movies.

Hopefully with Honey&Clover and REC... we'll start seeing much more of this "more grown up" type of storyline.
Old 2006-02-28, 09:15   Link #106
animeallen
SOS 団 ☆

Send a message via AIM to animeallen Send a message via MSN to animeallen Send a message via Yahoo to animeallen
I just love hearing the OP of this anime! Btw, I just made an Onda Aka animated GIF on my spare time ^_^ here it is:

animeallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 13:26   Link #107
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeallen
Btw, I just made an Onda Aka animated GIF on my spare time ^_^ here it is:

The gif itself is quite good , but why to choose a scene with Aka crying ?
I couldn't never make a gif of her sad, I want to see her always happy and smily ^^

As here, from the OP. .. I originally made this to use as my avatar, then I chose the one I have currently, so this is freebie
Old 2006-02-28, 17:33   Link #108
ultrataro

But if there wasn't that, this story wouldn't exist, or not in the way it is now. I think it was very important to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
The gif itself is quite good , but why to choose a scene with Aka crying ?
I couldn't never make a gif of her sad, I want to see her always happy and smily ^^
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 04:58   Link #109
animeallen
SOS 団 ☆

Send a message via AIM to animeallen Send a message via MSN to animeallen Send a message via Yahoo to animeallen
Well, to be honest I really don't know why but probably because it gives me a big impression over the joyful cheery character that she is, it seemed impossible for her to cry, that's how I would've thought about her if I didn't saw the first episode dontya' think?
animeallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 23:27   Link #110
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 5

OMG Aka is kawaii! And strong, too. Really enjoyed this one, simple as it was: Aka gets a role in an ero-game and is too embarrassed to do the voice properly. Good facial expressions on Aka and her manager, coupled with good voice work.

Sounds to me as if Sakai Kanako is as good as this good early role suggests. I've seen her in TV interviews and featured in a seiyuu magazine, too. She's both pretty and talkative enough to become a personality, I think.

Liked Aka's manager's voice: Toyoguchi Megumi, who was Sei in Marimite, Nishino in Ichigo 100%, and Saya in Black Cat.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 23:29   Link #111
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Liked Aka's manager's voice: Toyoguchi Megumi, who was Sei in Marimite, Nishino in Ichigo 100%, and Saya in Black Cat.
Also Miriallia in Gundam SEED and GSD.
Old 2006-03-02, 23:59   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
OMG Aka is kawaii! And strong, too. Really enjoyed this one, simple as it was: Aka gets a role in an ero-game and is too embarrassed to do the voice properly. Good facial expressions on Aka and her manager, coupled with good voice work.
argh....... must.... wait.... patiently.....
Old 2006-03-03, 00:01   Link #113
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep 5
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-03, 03:48   Link #114
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 5 was really good

Spoiler:

New frame in episode 5 OP!
It's the third one of the set, from the movie How to steal a million (1966, by William Wyler)

Here the original:

Here the adaptation:

Old 2006-03-03, 05:02   Link #115
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:

Sounds to me as if Sakai Kanako is as good as this good early role suggests. I've seen her in TV interviews and featured in a seiyuu magazine, too. She's both pretty and talkative enough to become a personality, I think.

Megumi Toyoguchi also did Winry Rockbell in FMA. Pretty strong role this one.

Your site wins . Linking to lots of Tanaka Rei pics wins even more.

There should be a club for debut seiyuu who get it right on the first go. It's not a very long list, but it's greatness in one place. The qualities needed? same as anyone else: the ability to emote, be in character and show tremendous range. They just do it earlier Sakai Kanako and Sayuri Yahagi qualify for hitting all points.

But the crisis in ep5? Need to get the raw now, sometimes delivering a botched performance is more difficult than a one good...

Last edited by Burner of Anime; 2006-03-03 at 05:18.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 11:00   Link #116
wao
OK.

Wow, ep 5 was kind of funny... and not in an entirely brain-fluff kind of way, it was interesting to see Aka having to accept the fact that she'll have to do erogame voices if she wants to earn money as a seiyuu, and that she's already lucky enough as it is. I'm currently enjoying the dynamics between Aka and Matsumaru very much in that it's a little quirky due to their, uh, first experience... yet they can be very amiable about work and can give advice to each other.

Also, I increasingly find the voice work of Matsumaru and his producer dude to be quite good, especially Matsumaru. Somehow it feels natural (still can't get into Aka's voice, except her serious voice). Perhaps because the seiyuu really feels for the character and is acting it out for real. Same with the female producer. She sounded like she was really giving honest advice.
Old 2006-03-03, 11:04   Link #117
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Wow, ep 5 was kind of funny... and not in an entirely brain-fluff kind of way, it was interesting to see Aka having to accept the fact that she'll have to do erogame voices if she wants to earn money as a seiyuu, and that she's already lucky enough as it is.
I got the impression she wasnt doing it for the money- but for her jimusho.

They are kindof pressuring her to do it so that she provides them with revenue-
and she seemed like she'd rather have not done it.

"work is work" so you just have to do what the boss says sometimes i guess,
even if it doesnt match up to your dreams.
Old 2006-03-06, 08:21   Link #118
DaFool
Resident devil

The timing for Rec ep 5 couldn't have come sooner...just confirmed a lot of questions from this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=28856&page=3

I didn't know that Yoyogi Animation Institute was also a seiyuu college. I coulda sworn it sponsored a couple of anime....and its interesting to realize a couple of my faves, including Noto Mamiko came from there.

Is it just me or do I get the feeling seiyuu colleges are at least 75% female students? Now this would totally justify the craploads of harem anime and erogame-based anime nowadays just to provide jobs to even a small percentage of these poor souls.

What I admire though is the solid seiyuu industry Japan has. America almost has a seiyuu industry (which coincides with LA and NY stage actors), but its important to realize most countries couldn't give a rat's ### to whomever dubs their animation--its either live actors or nobodies (and neither usually works well as competent voiceover actors).
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 08:24   Link #119
LytHka
Banned

What's really dumb with this show is that it's a show about a seiyuu, they even present the voice/phonetical drills, the vocals/throat maintainance with gargling, but they forget to draw Aka such a simple thing as a scarf. I mean, it's freezing cold outside and she's walking around with an opened jacket and even when she has it closed, she has her neck exposed to the cold weather.
I have some experience with singing and that just spells s.u.i.c.i.d.e in a vocalist's profession.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 02:24   Link #120
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
What's really dumb with this show is that it's a show about a seiyuu, they even present the voice/phonetical drills, the vocals/throat maintainance with gargling, but they forget to draw Aka such a simple thing as a scarf. I mean, it's freezing cold outside and she's walking around with an opened jacket and even when she has it closed, she has her neck exposed to the cold weather.
I have some experience with singing and that just spells s.u.i.c.i.d.e in a vocalist's profession.
The girl is young. When she gets hit it'll be a learning experiance

Reading some of the behind the scenes stories of real life seiyuu at work [eg: Tanaka Rei getting her co-stars in Rozen Maiden to push her around before working on the series climax], I'm amazed by the level of professionalism exhibited at times. Especially if the scene calls for something difficult and emotionally traumatic. Looking back at all the titles I've seen, it's usually a big wtf moment that will make a break a story. The training and spirit required to emote with voice only is pretty hard to imagine. So I am thankful when they have taken the trouble to show what goes on behind the curtain.

EP5 has about killed my illusion that the sound stage for a h-game dubbing is filled with perverts. They are just like everyone else working for the daily bread.

Anyway, now that I've seen more of the show I have to say that Kanako Sakai landed a pretty well plum role. Think about it, the chance to voice Audrey Hepburn [well, her lines that is ]- this woman was one of the best character actresses in her generation. Tremendous range and control, she scores for being in exactly who you see on screen.

Kanako as Aka is so far pulling off her character and as a screen legend very well. She making the most of an opportunity to display the sort of skill it takes others years just for people to notice. Her switch between voices is flawless, so I hope to envision many good things from her in the future .

Oddly enough, these "half" episodes don't feel rushed at all. Maybe because it's completely driven by character and I love them enough not to be distracted by the duration.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen