AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 04:22   Link #4821
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Cripes, so many bad games today. Kind of lucked out and managed to still get the Centurion back to 50%, but oi. How the heck are people losing 60% predictions? XD A lot of times my Cent is all that's left.
Old 2013-04-07, 04:59   Link #4822
Marina2

Sometime I really want to just forget about my winrate, efficiency rating, perfromence rating and play only for fun but I can't do it anymore.

At first, I used to have fun no matter my team lose or win as my utimate goal is to gain exp. to unlock next tank. After I play a while, I started to notice about my own statistic and heard people said about winrate......that automaticly made me care about these numbers more. However, now I know this is bad thing more than good thing.

True, it made me play more carefully and getting better but "the fun" that I had during the first 100 games seems to disappear to somewhere......Now a day, when I log in and play, I always think in my head: I hope today I win more than lose and if I lost 4-6 times in row, it will mostly make me quit the game. (unless I win a lot before it happens)

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-04-07 at 05:21.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:45   Link #4823
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think I've managed to crawl myself out of another hole. Again. Man, this day was brutal, but on the bright side, I was able to get more wins out of the Centurion. Ugh.

I hope tomorrow won't be as bad, because honestly, that 52% is looking faaaar away at this rate.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:53   Link #4824
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Spoiler for WoT pix Spam con't:

my troll on the KV 1
Spoiler for Troll KV-1:
Old 2013-04-07, 12:17   Link #4825
Marina2

Today is the best day with my Panzer 4

(I used 7,5 cm KwK 40 L/48)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

While I lost, it was the satisfied result.
Old 2013-04-07, 14:50   Link #4826
Pen3

I think it is official now that i will be stuck at 52% WR for life.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:50   Link #4827
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
True, it made me play more carefully and getting better but "the fun" that I had during the first 100 games seems to disappear to somewhere......Now a day, when I log in and play, I always think in my head: I hope today I win more than lose and if I lost 4-6 times in row, it will mostly make me quit the game. (unless I win a lot before it happens)
There was a momentary period of time when I thought like that, back when I had reached my goal of getting the M103. But then I forgotten my creed that obsessing over win stats was pointless. I decided instead to just continue my collector's instincts and go up new tank branches so I can try out new vehicles and playstyles I've never had before. Now I only get agitated if I don't win while a vehicle still has its daily doubles. Once the daily doubles for that vehicle disappear favorably or not, I can truly enjoy the game without worry.

The only time now that I obsess about actually winning is when I manage the rare occasion of participating in a clan battle, though at least the usual frustration is reduced by the fact that I know most of my clan are competent tankers, and that we can confidently assume that we'll be following a good game plan. So even if we lose, at least we can say "well, we did our best" instead of "WHY IS THIS TEAM SO F**KING STUPID?! "

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:48   Link #4828
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I think it is official now that i will be stuck at 52% WR for life.
stop making me feel bad, I'm stuck between 53.7% and true 54%

i'm working on finishing my quest for the Maus, and i'll work on getting the IS for Pravadia, then i'll work on the KT and T57.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:10   Link #4829
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
i'm working on finishing my quest for the Maus, and i'll work on getting the IS for Pravadia, then i'll work on the KT and T57.
Maybe you should work on your E4 and E5 more so you don't bounce so many rounds.

/me runs away!

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-07 at 16:28.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:13   Link #4830
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Maybe you should work on your E4 and E5 more so you don't bounce so many rounds.

/me runs away!
oh thats it Pen3 i'm gonna shoot you when we plat and it won't be a pretty sight if you make me use gold on you from behind XD.
Old 2013-04-07, 18:11   Link #4831
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh hey, apparently my total efficiency finally changed to green. I assume bullheadedly using the Centurion to win matches had something to do with this..
Old 2013-04-07, 18:45   Link #4832
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Halfway to 53, slowly improving as I go. Hard to raise efficiency rate on lower tiers, though. Formulas and potential damage and all.

The stats don't belie how ridiculously hard MM is on my E8. It's not a tank that can survive being the last guy on the field, or even incompetent teammates. So after every hard-fought victory, MM throws me right into another meltdown match. I'm stick stuck at hard 50% on that poor tank.

The gains come from good T20-ing, M4 gold derping, and a last stretch of fortunate platooning with a certain OP Super Pershing.

Not sure what the average exp around tiers 5-7 per match is, so I don't know if I'm contributing decisively or not. There are "oops" matches, "just roll with it" matches, and matches where I contribute the highest exp by far often in excess of kill counts, thanks to a lot of shooting and aggressive scouting with the T20.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 19:04   Link #4833
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Meltown match, heh, that's a good way to describe my games last night. At some point I was wondering if everyone's skills went down the collective crapper. Heck, I even got Ace Tanker and Mastery on my M4 again in one game, and the team STILL lost.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:31   Link #4834
Sumeragi
Banned

Getting along. Jumped back to 50.35% win rate.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:31   Link #4835
willx
Nyaaan~~

Man, you guys seem to be doing fine .. my win rate on the E-75 has gone down from ~65% over 100 games to now ~55% over 200 games. My win rate is actually falling again..
Old 2013-04-07, 21:53   Link #4836
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually at this point I think if you've managed to more than break even (more than 50% win rate) on tiers 9-10, then you're doing pretty well.

That said... I have to wonder again how some of these players manage to get to the end tier units, given how blantantly BAD they're playing. Is the moon out tonight? Because honestly I can't think of any reason for such levels of lunacy in the games I've been in recently.

Heck, I was called an idiot for even suggesting the heavies take cover in the city in Fisherman's Cove!
Old 2013-04-07, 22:51   Link #4837
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Man, you guys seem to be doing fine .. my win rate on the E-75 has gone down from ~65% over 100 games to now ~55% over 200 games. My win rate is actually falling again..
I feel for you. My WR has gone from 51.59 to 51.43; I show up as yellow in XVM and it irks me to no end.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:54   Link #4838
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
A
That said... I have to wonder again how some of these players manage to get to the end tier units, given how blantantly BAD they're playing. Is the moon out tonight? Because honestly I can't think of any reason for such levels of lunacy in the games I've been in recently.
Having higher tier tanks have never been about skill. You can play badly for thousands of games and still get yourself a high tier tank, which only requires time, patience and/or money to get.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:16   Link #4839
Gravitas Free Zone

At one point during the course of the Darsovin/Touma/Me platoon, we had a 9-game win streak. Then two rough games in the American Tier 6, then the hilarious Westfield game where I got the kill shots in on two TOG II*s and a Top Gun.

Platooning does help... usually.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 00:26   Link #4840
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That said... I have to wonder again how some of these players manage to get to the end tier units, given how blatantly BAD they're playing. Is the moon out tonight? Because honestly I can't think of any reason for such levels of lunacy in the games I've been in recently.
I know, today I personally witnessed an M103 literally drive out all by his lonesome at the beginning of the match, out to the field below the hills on Redshire. He was dead within 30 seconds of the start of the match.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks