AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-06, 05:16   Link #41
Vree

The way I see it...
Gol D roger was a helluva smart bastard and as such he could easily foresee that if he publicly announced that his goods were up for grabs all the greedy bastards will go out to sea even in spite of the World Government; he'd enjoy the joke if he knew that his words got as big as creating a new pirate era.

But he wouldn't have been 'the' greatest pirate of all time if he did not really collect any real wealth, and not just treasure in gold and jewels (though that's an essential part of it )

My best guess is something that could be the end of WG and give back the people their freedom (we already know that the final Poneglyph of true history is on Raftel, and there might be more).

(There have been speculations about the people before the WG's age and if the Ds are descendants of theirs, in which case the Ds would be taking back what's rightfully theirs. Could be. And the remains of that civilization might be collected on Raftel.)

And let's not forget that the Strawhats not only follow in Roger's footsteps, they aim to become his successors. At the moment they are behind his achievements but it's inavitable by the climax that they surpass him. For example it seems clear to me that they will have to end the WG's rule (Dragon's already aiming for that for godssake, and Luffy cannot aim any lower than him) in fact that might be the final of the story.

And just an idea: Maybe there will come a point where they are in possession of Roger's heritage and can take over where he left off. The crew might insist that they take this chance (especially if the "heritage" is some powerful knowledge or weapon)...and Luffy would probably answer "Nah, I respect Gold Roger a lot, but I'd rather do things MY way."
Old 2008-05-06, 16:33   Link #42
Vree

Actually, that made perfect sense.

The Ds are all aliens in disguise. They only all need One Piece so they can go home.

Gold Roger used to be the captain when they came to Earth and now that he's gone noone knows where he had parked their ride back.

The mystery is solved, everyone. You can close this thread.
Old 2008-05-07, 12:48   Link #43
mtarzaim

My thoughs about one Piece world.

Regarding the daily disrespects made to standard biological/geographical/physical laws, I wouldn't be surprised if the world was a gigantic ship, travelling through space.

The safety system has gone wild from a long time, transforming classic earthian climate into what one Piece is (numberous islands with their own climat, monstruous creatures, etc.).

The world government is probably trying to hide it, fearing it could cause havoc and chaos when people will understand they're out of nowhere, with no way to control where they're heading.

The devil fruits would be recipents for nanomachines, rewriting the DNA with random capabilities. It would explain why you can't eat two devil fruits, because their respective nanomachines wil try to erase the modification from the others (leading to complete DNA destruction).
-> Bioshock Theory.

Another guess : the phantasy star-like ship is in control of powerful xenobeings, after mankind has lost the fight during the lost history, and they are using humans for experiments (the "be useful to us, or be extinct").
-> Dark City/X-Files/Matrix theory.

btw : Do we know what happened to Eneru and his travel to Fairy Vearth ?

Old 2008-05-28, 21:07   Link #44
x happy ending
loves nick :3

Send a message via AIM to x happy ending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kureha View Post
I still prefer the weapon and treasure theory to the Life experience one.

Roger's says he left everythign HE owns in one piece, so it must be something of his possesion. Unless he left his experience and knowlege on a stone at the end of grand line. He may have discovered how to awaken the weapon and discovered about the true history...... so all his knowledge could be left in one piece.

Or maybe the weapon needed some assembly, and he had to collect several pieces....and they are assembled in One Piece as the whole weapon.
one piece being a treasure of sentimental value or just the experience of everything you went through to find it is a good theory, but i do actually think one piece is a treasure like.. gold.. etc.. possesion.

or, a weapon or the true history. those are good to :]
Old 2008-06-07, 10:05   Link #45
mydecember
Rookie

I think the one piece is actually Pluton (the Pirate King's weapon/ship that Crocodile been searching for). Is there any possibilities?
If OP is a treasure, what good does it do to the SH? (except for Nami). So it can't be a treasure.
Old 2008-10-27, 15:42   Link #46
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
After hearing about the latest chapters, and that those nobles have the sign for heaven in their name, I thought about the following:
IIRC it was hinted, that there was some sort of big war in this lost century. What if it wasn't a normal kind of war, but instead some sort of interplanetary war with Aliens invading and taking over the world.
One Piece could be the last remaining Spaceship.
And the Pluton, Franky had the blueprints for, probably was some sort of Airship as well. After all they said it was the most powerful weapon, and in a world, where everyone is dependent on ships, trains and other ground-based transportation, having the sovereignty over the airspace would be the same as beeing the most powerful person in the world.

The series could end with some sort of "setting sails for a new ocean", with the Strawhats using the spaceship to leave the planet.

(Okay, maybe the idea is a little bit over the top. )
And this leads to the return of Eneru to the storyline? Sounds good to me.
Old 2008-10-27, 18:01   Link #47
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
If One Piece is a physical treasure, I have the strangest incling that they'll end up destroying it; intentionally or otherwise.
Old 2008-10-27, 19:27   Link #48
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Well regarding recent chapters(with Rayleigh)we find out that Rogers treasured his nakama the most. So maybe when he said "my wealth. my treasures. you want it? go search for it. i left all of it in that place" that place could of been refering to the grand line and his treasures could have just been his nakama.
Old 2008-10-28, 14:34   Link #49
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
Well regarding recent chapters(with Rayleigh)we find out that Rogers treasured his nakama the most. So maybe when he said "my wealth. my treasures. you want it? go search for it. i left all of it in that place" that place could of been refering to the grand line and his treasures could have just been his nakama.
So... it's not the ends, it's the means?
At the end of it all, Gold Roger left people with the desire to search for something that didn't exist, simply so that they could have a grand adventure?
I love that idea!!
Old 2008-10-29, 03:03   Link #50
Wai
Need a hand?

I don't think One Piece is a load of gold as most of the pirates expect it to be. It will be something meanful. Even if there is gold there, it wouldn't be the object of focus. It is possible for Pluton to be there, but what about Poseidon? I think there will be a third weapon named after the god of the sky.

Pluton => Pluto => Underworld
Poseidon => Neptune => Sea
??? => Uranus => Sky
Old 2008-10-29, 06:56   Link #51
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

I think the one that mentioned regarding Gol D Roger's Flag is the correct one. That Flag is definatly Gol D Roger's tressure. There might be other things there like some gold to satisfy Nami, Books to satisfy Robin and Chopper (Medical books), Remains of Gol D Roger's ship to prove to Franky that Tom's ship made it all the way. And the Flag in a big chest to show that the bond with the nakama is his biggest tressure.
Old 2008-10-30, 18:21   Link #52
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

It would majorly suck, If I were Luffy, and I got to the end of grand line to find some big ass, stupid, lame cannon standing there, with the dumbass name 'Pluton' or whatever...

I mean...I'm a f***ing pirate. I want money, power, fame...what the hell do I need a weapon that can destroy the world for?

How many of us wouldn't honestly prefer to find a Nami clone bound and tied up at the end of Grand Line to some stupid 'weapon' or whatever? Or for the girls, Ace in the same? If it were you? Would you want to find some stupid cannon or warship or whatever? Nope...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-30, 22:50   Link #53
viperx116

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I mean...I'm a f***ing pirate. I want money, power, fame...what the hell do I need a weapon that can destroy the world for?
To get money, power and fame?
Old 2008-10-31, 06:42   Link #54
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

LOL . Well, I guess if you're up for blackmailing the World Givt, then ,yeah. No doubt.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-31, 06:57   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since this thread is talking about One Piece, I had a post last time in the Gol D Roger thread, which is now buried somewhere: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=raftel&page=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Here's what I came up with after reading the posts here, pure speculation and theory:
Spoiler:

Rather long, but I've already shortened it actually lol
One thing about this old theory of mine that still works even now is that it also ties into my Haki theories.

One must have the determination and will to carry on and through this, the determination to get One Piece and become the Pirate King. And this person who would become Pirate King must be one who's Haki has influenced many, his will has touched many and made them believe in him.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-02, 13:21   Link #56
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Since this thread is talking about One Piece, I had a post last time in the Gol D Roger thread, which is now buried somewhere: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=raftel&page=2One thing about this old theory of mine that still works even now is that it also ties into my Haki theories.

One must have the determination and will to carry on and through this, the determination to get One Piece and become the Pirate King. And this person who would become Pirate King must be one who's Haki has influenced many, his will has touched many and made them believe in him.
So it's like I said: The journey and the Nakama you acquired are One Piece.
Maybe it'll be like that one island toward the beginning, with the 6 empty treasure chests.....
Old 2008-11-04, 09:57   Link #57
fireportgas

Hm i agree with the fact that one piece is the nakama and the journey!But I think there's more to that!I don't think that one piece is so obvious to understand!Here's my theory...One piece is a big family!What family?We almost have no clue about the Strawhat's family apart from Luffy's brother,grandparent,father ,ussop's mother and father and Robin's mother!So all the big guys we see like Kizaru,Smoker,Aokiji(which I think is Robin's father),mihawk,shanks,gol d. roger,blackbeard and some others are relatives to the SHs and if my theory is correct this will be revealed at the end of the series!Everyone will become a big family,the wars will end and the one who have united all of the people will be Luffy the pirate king!I'm sure there will be more clues in the future for my theory!
Old 2008-11-05, 10:19   Link #58
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I think it would be great if they discovered the location of One Piece only to see that someone's beaten them to it.
Actually, I had a situation in mind that would concern Shanks' crew as being the one's who took it as a sort of way of wrapping up how far the Strawhats have come by fighting Luffy's old mentor for the treasure. It would make for a great sort of "Epilogue Arc," maybe like two chapters long.

As for the treasure itself, it'll probably end up being something like Roger's hat. Luffy needs to give Shanks his back, so he'll need a replacement and something to signify his right as King of the Pirates, so why not?
Old 2008-11-06, 17:58   Link #59
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Well, Gol D. Roger was a pirate, correct? Perhaps One Piece was a lie? He made it all up to usher in a new era of piracy, for the sole purpose of irking the World Government.
Think about it: If the world's greatest Pirate Said that his treasure was hidden all in one place, why wouldn't it have been one big lie? Why else would the world's greatest pirate turn himself in?
He wanted to be found. He did all this in the hopes that in the future, there would be 10, 20, 100 pirates just as epic as he was, and now, the supernovas, Shichibukai, etc. are doing just that!
One Piece wasan't an actual Treasure, it was the era of piracy itself. Because material things can be destroyed, but an ideal never can.
Old 2008-11-10, 18:34   Link #60
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

The truth behind the Blank Century might have something to do with the Tenryubito

Think about it, the World Government has forbiden anyone to research it, and when we look at how the main characters of the series are enemies to the World Government and the Tenryubito, that probably means that the Tenryubito are in fact the bad guys

So probably the truth in the Blank Century shows that the Tenryubito did something terrible like forcefully took over the world and forbade anyone to talk about it

Now enter Gol D. Roger, he would have discovered the truth behind the Blank Century and is convincing the whole world to find out the truth for themselves and overthrow the Tenryubito and begin a new age of peace

And if what I just said is true, then Gol D. Roger would actually be considered a hero who new everything from the start and made it so that someone else would finish what he started (just like the Fourth Hokage in Naruto and Urahara from Bleach)
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread