AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-30, 06:38   Link #61
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Kaioshin, I think IchiKyo probably had Mai Hime/Otome in mind when he made that comment regarding a trio of heroines, just guessing eh.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this, all those trailers and scans have definetly hooked me up and made me really curious about this show. I like the character designs and the trailer seemed to show a very nice and smooth animation as well (well it's Sunrise, it's hard to expect anything bad from them anyway).
Yeah that right, that's what i mean
Old 2007-01-31, 15:02   Link #62
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Guy, remember that they have announced a Manga of Idolm@ster? Now it's real
It will be released on March and drawing by Yumehito Ueda (genocide kiss)

So here the preview of Chapter 0 who was supposed to be out on 1st Februar, so Today!

Old 2007-01-31, 19:28   Link #63
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

An Idolm@ster manga or an Idolm@ster XENOGLOSSIA one? Because they're two completely different things.
Old 2007-02-01, 01:17   Link #64
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

It's an Idolm@ster Manga :/
Old 2007-02-01, 10:13   Link #65
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Meh, then I guess I'll pass on that (the manga).
Old 2007-02-01, 21:26   Link #66
Catnips

The manga version was based on the characters on the arcade/Xbox 360 game version which was really good....I won't compare the two versions(anime and game) cause Namco-Bandai and Sunrise intended to separate the two..I expect the anime version will had its own videogame version most likely to be released on the PS2 or PS3...
Old 2007-02-02, 03:27   Link #67
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Meh, then I guess I'll pass on that (the manga).
-Not enough giant robots to excite you, hmm?

So basically, the best way to make games about cute girls popular is to add giant robots into it? If that's so, I can't understand why nobody's done a MuvLuv Alternative game yet.
Old 2007-02-02, 12:19   Link #68
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

So basically, the best way to make games about cute girls popular is to add giant robots into it? If that's so, I can't understand why nobody's done a MuvLuv Alternative game yet.
No, it's just that they're really two completely different settings and stories, even if they share the same characters. It's not because of the lack of mecha, but more because I generally don't like "idol" themed shows anyway. This Xenoglossia spinoff seems to be anything but an "idol" (as in singer/actress) kind of show, despite retaining the moe elements. And honestly said, I am not even attracted by the robots that much, what impressed me was the smooth animation quality shown in the trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnips View Post
The manga version was based on the characters on the arcade/Xbox 360 game version which was really good....I won't compare the two versions(anime and game) cause Namco-Bandai and Sunrise intended to separate the two..I expect the anime version will had its own videogame version most likely to be released on the PS2 or PS3...
Well, if they already released a game on x360 I expect them to realease further titles on the same platform.
Old 2007-02-02, 18:05   Link #69
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

So basically, the best way to make games about cute girls popular is to add giant robots into it?
Yes actually. For me at least.
Old 2007-02-04, 05:21   Link #70
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
I couldn't care less what they do to this series just as long as they don't screw up Chihaya for me. And someone tell Sunrice to fix her god-dang pants already. Fix her hair back while they're at it.
Old 2007-02-10, 16:24   Link #71
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Official site update!
  • Mozilla/Firefox errors fixed.
  • Info about the upcoming Idom@ster Xenoglossia manga.
  • Character page updated.
Old 2007-02-10, 18:51   Link #72
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany View Post
[*]Info about the upcoming Idom@ster Xenoglossia manga.[*]Character page updated.[/LIST]
About The Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Manga?
Cool, so even Xenoglossia have a Manga
It will be interesting to follow all of them (i inclued Relation for my own purpose)
Old 2007-02-10, 19:02   Link #73
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Last edited by Maids! Maids! Maids!; 2007-02-14 at 15:12. Reason: Removed repost.
Old 2007-02-12, 07:50   Link #74
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Okay.

So I've only heard of this iDOLM@STER a coupld of days ago when I stumbled across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p07SsEr4XQ

I was so mesmerized by this video that I wished BADLY for an anime... then I discovered they were already making it into an anime... and then they give us mechs?

I'm a mecha obsessed, and I don't hesitate to check out any anime with mecha in it... and I'm not really into the entire concept of idols and stuff (American Idols, what's that?) but after knowing what iDOLM@STER was all about the concept for Xenoglossia strikes me as... wrong ^^;;;

*rant over*

Anyways, I'm keeping an open mind on this one, just for the sake of seeing Chihaya animated XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-12, 08:17   Link #75
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

The "Idols" (meaning they're named that way) are supposed to be the mechs, in Xenoglossia. I don't think there's any association with the real meaning and usage of the "idol" term like in the standard iDOLM@STER franchise. This Xenoglossia is a spin-off that probably has nothing to do with that theme (idols as in singers/actresses/etc) at all.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:13   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Exactly. It's iDOLM@STERs only in name and characters; the anime itself is a complete departure from the game. I was just saying that even though I'm not a fan of reality idols in general, I would've very much preferred a series that stayed true to the game of a producer managing a group of hopefuls (and I was also hoping to have an anime using the in-game graphics XD). Of course, I still like mechs better than idols, and Xenoglossia certainly seems interesting.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:34   Link #77
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

It's just trouble me but :/
Those Idols on Xenoglossia looks more like E.S From Xenosaga 2 and 3... Asher, Zebulun and Diana... The Name on Xeno trouble me the First Time
But it's just my imagination...
Old 2007-02-12, 18:26   Link #78
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Okay.

So I've only heard of this iDOLM@STER a coupld of days ago when I stumbled across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p07SsEr4XQ

I was so mesmerized by this video that I wished BADLY for an anime... then I discovered they were already making it into an anime... and then they give us mechs?

I'm a mecha obsessed, and I don't hesitate to check out any anime with mecha in it... and I'm not really into the entire concept of idols and stuff (American Idols, what's that?) but after knowing what iDOLM@STER was all about the concept for Xenoglossia strikes me as... wrong ^^;;;

*rant over*

Anyways, I'm keeping an open mind on this one, just for the sake of seeing Chihaya animated XD
Probably has alot to do with how bad Lovedol apparentely was. I think this is about the best course as I liked the concept of Idolm@ster but would never be able to watch an anime of it as the concept stood.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:16   Link #79
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, anything can be good if they really wrote it well. If it's an anime about the entertainment industry, then it can actually be done without being so unusually sick and bloated. Not the best example, but Fancy Lala showed that you can make an anime about the work it takes behind the scenes to turn someone into a star (granted, it was more of a magical girl anime, but still...)

Old 2007-02-12, 22:57   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, anything can be good if they really wrote it well. If it's an anime about the entertainment industry, then it can actually be done without being so unusually sick and bloated. Not the best example, but Fancy Lala showed that you can make an anime about the work it takes behind the scenes to turn someone into a star (granted, it was more of a magical girl anime, but still...)
To date the only anime about an industry that really looks good to me is Kaleido Star, which is about stage performance acrobatics. Most of them end up exactly like Lovedol though and seem more like tools of the industry to garner money through merchandise, than a real attempt to accurately portray them from behind the scenes. Granted Kaleido Star isn't exactly realistic, but its the closest any series has come to really trying to capture the behind the scenes feel of an entertainment industry.
Closed Thread