AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 01:05   Link #21
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

My bets are that he'll follow Setsuna after he learns his secret. He'll do this because he wants to find his sister's murderer. He'll also be able to see the "real" Celestial Being and not the way the media portrays it.

He's been through too much already. No way is he going to get a small part in my opinion.
Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 01:14   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

he could eventually become the "vessel through which unanswered questions are answered" in the show. kind of like Alejandro's "trial" type thing brought some new light to unknown stuff. saji's (given he goes that route) investigations could fill in story where its needed. kind of a free pass on plot holes
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 01:40   Link #23
rpgman1

His last name (Crossroad) sure seems to give away what kind of character Saji has faced after all that has happened to him. Investigator like his father and sis, an engineer to one of the three factions (Japan is in the Union), or something that we didn't expect him to be. As a pilot, that is completely out of the question as Gundam 00 seems to present some real-life issues on war.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 01:46   Link #24
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I think saji is gonna have the most character development. i agree with everyone saying he might continue his sis' investigation but i'm sure the writers have something more for him to do other than just playing detective role. i doubt he'll be a ms pilot. he'll probably research a way to cure the stem cells.
Old 2008-03-05, 02:06   Link #25
chitgoks

setsuna and saji will combo his sister's murderer
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 03:02   Link #26
ssxsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yeah that's what I was wondering too.

Eitherway a reporter/detective seems to be what path he'll take. I think this sets up his road though as he tries to unravel the mystery of this "terrorist organization" that ruined his life.

I mean the arguments for CB support are just atrocious.
Its plausible that he will end up with CB seeing as how theres 2 factions within CB. Go back to when Aifman gets killed off by the Trinitys, it hints to an ulterior motive and with Setsuna & Co. breaking away from Veda, the likelihood of Saji doing some detective work and ultimately aligning with the "good" CB group is high IMO.
ssxsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 10:29   Link #27
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssxsilver View Post
Its plausible that he will end up with CB seeing as how theres 2 factions within CB. Go back to when Aifman gets killed off by the Trinitys, it hints to an ulterior motive and with Setsuna & Co. breaking away from Veda, the likelihood of Saji doing some detective work and ultimately aligning with the "good" CB group is high IMO.
The 'good' CB group is still the heart of the cause for his sister's death... so unless he overlooks that fact he isn't going to join CB. CB, good and bad, is what has destroyed his life utterly.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 12:38   Link #28
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
As a pilot, that is completely out of the question as Gundam 00 seems to present some real-life issues on war.
Why? He is in the perfect age to become a pilot, 17-23.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 12:47   Link #29
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Argue all you want but the fact remains that CB started this whole mess in the first place.

Given the amount of mystery behind CB I think it's clear to say that Saji is the show's way of digging up the mystery behind it but not truly align with them. He'll continue his sister's work or otherwise her death will be meaningless.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 19:06   Link #30
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Why? He is in the perfect age to become a pilot, 17-23.
Because he is not a soldier for the simplest most blatant reason. The amount of training it would require for someone like him (unexceptional at anything) would be decades.

It also has no real value to the story.
Old 2008-03-05, 19:15   Link #31
Lendial

ali has so many people trying to kill him, first sets , then lockon, now saji and probly the thrones. itd be a miracle of he survives for more than 5 eps.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:31   Link #32
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It also has no real value to the story.
Ok, that might be true. But sometimes you have to digg into deep shit, to get to the truth and become one of them.

Quote:
Because he is not a soldier for the simplest most blatant reason. The amount of training it would require for someone like him (unexceptional at anything) would be decades.
That i won't accept. Because this is an anime. As for becoming a soldier, everyone has the potential, unless he/she need visual correction, or some kind of illness, and afaik for recruiting pilots, people with good grades in maths, physics and scientific are still prefered.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 01:02   Link #33
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ok, that might be true. But sometimes you have to digg into deep shit, to get to the truth and become one of them.

That i won't accept. Because this is an anime. As for becoming a soldier, everyone has the potential, unless he/she need visual correction, or some kind of illness, and afaik for recruiting pilots, people with good grades in maths, physics and scientific are still prefered.
We've been shown that Saji dislikes war and fighting. That is one of the reasons he questions CB, since they are starting more wars. Yes, everyone has the potential, but they actually have to have some desire to fight and KILL. I don't see Saji ever getting the backbone to kill anyone.
Old 2008-03-06, 13:37   Link #34
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
We've been shown that Saji dislikes war and fighting. That is one of the reasons he questions CB, since they are starting more wars. Yes, everyone has the potential, but they actually have to have some desire to fight and KILL. I don't see Saji ever getting the backbone to kill anyone.
Someone has not seen SEED!

Or half the other Gundam series...
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:45   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Someone has not seen SEED!

Or half the other Gundam series...
In comparison none of them have been in the same boat as Saji.

The EAF never killed Kira's parents or destroyed his home. If we are to compare him to Saji then Kira would've joined ZAFT since people are crying out that Saji would join CB which is causing all this misery for him or at least initiated the attack.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 17:43   Link #36
JediNight
キズランダム

Saji certainly is coming to a Crossroad in his life, olol? ;p

I can't really make any guesses on how he will be used anymore. Theres a few different ways it could happen.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 18:10   Link #37
ssxsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
In comparison none of them have been in the same boat as Saji.

The EAF never killed Kira's parents or destroyed his home. If we are to compare him to Saji then Kira would've joined ZAFT since people are crying out that Saji would join CB which is causing all this misery for him or at least initiated the attack.
Have I missed something because I don't recall the writers clearly stating that the Trinitys are part of CB. More evidence points to them as a separate faction with the purple Haro backstory and the lack of their existence in Veda.

The reasoning I have for it being *possible* that Saji joins CB is b/c of his pacifist nature. Setsuna & Co.'s mantra is to "end all wars and conflicts." Of course using violence to achieve this is contradictory, but I can see at some point Saji will feel the the need to take action one way or another. For the most part, he's lost the only two contacts in his life (cellphone scene) and given that the writers have invested way to much time into his character, there's no way his role will gradually dissolve.
ssxsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 21:35   Link #38
Var
Banned

Quote:
Have I missed something because I don't recall the writers clearly stating that the Trinitys are part of CB. More evidence points to them as a separate faction with the purple Haro backstory and the lack of their existence in Veda.

The reasoning I have for it being *possible* that Saji joins CB is b/c of his pacifist nature. Setsuna & Co.'s mantra is to "end all wars and conflicts." Of course using violence to achieve this is contradictory, but I can see at some point Saji will feel the the need to take action one way or another. For the most part, he's lost the only two contacts in his life (cellphone scene) and given that the writers have invested way to much time into his character, there's no way his role will gradually dissolve.
They were accepted into CB by the girl (forgot her name atm) and the spectators.
Old 2008-03-06, 21:40   Link #39
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They were accepted into CB by the girl (forgot her name atm) and the spectators.
Alejandro Corner, and he isn't a girl.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 21:49   Link #40
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Alejandro Corner, and he isn't a girl.
No, no. The girl who originally was with the 'good' CB. With the body guard. Ugh I've completely forget her name.

Alejandro is a spectator, btw, so I don't discern him from the whole.