AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-03-27, 20:16   Link #81
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drytchnath View Post
That little video snippet has alleviated a few of my fears surrounding the quality of the show in general. Hopefully it'll be consistent unlike shows like Blood+ were the 1st episode was absolutely beautiful but took a sharp dive in quality from ep.2 and just got progressively worse as the show dragged on.
Sorry but I fail to understand how can a trailer prove that the animation will be "consistent" if this anime hasn't even started airing yet. I guess it'd be wise to talk about consistency only after having viewed a good portion of this serie (like the first half of it) to be able to give such a bold judgement like that one, don't you think? The trailer was good, but we cannot really say that the quality will remain consistent (we can only hope on that so far) until we get to watch a good number of episodes. In any case I do hope it will be consistent, although I do also expect that some episode might possibly not have the same quality (it did happen with both Black Lagoon and Death Note already).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 22:04   Link #82
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

The trailer didn't give much of what I expected. It looks good, but it seemed like there wasn't as much gore and action as I thought there should be. Then again, it's only a trailer so obviously I can't make any conclusions. Also I couldn't hear any of the background music which usually gets me hyped up. I hope Madhouse did a good job animating the action scenes, the trailer only showed like 2 seconds of battle scenes.

I have to say all of the new shows coming out this year seem to look really good in terms of visual quality.
Old 2007-03-27, 23:05   Link #83
Stoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Sorry but I fail to understand how can a trailer prove that the animation will be "consistent" if this anime hasn't even started airing yet. I guess it'd be wise to talk about consistency only after having viewed a good portion of this serie (like the first half of it) to be able to give such a bold judgement like that one, don't you think? The trailer was good, but we cannot really say that the quality will remain consistent (we can only hope on that so far) until we get to watch a good number of episodes. In any case I do hope it will be consistent, although I do also expect that some episode might possibly not have the same quality (it did happen with both Black Lagoon and Death Note already).
Drytchnath never said it would be consistently high quality, he said the clip was good and he hoped it would stay that way unlike Blood+. I think you misunderstood his post.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 23:07   Link #84
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Trailers almost always look great, since they're meant to entice potential viewers into watching or salivate existing fans of the material. Generally, the worst quality of a trailer (( in this case, not including the long-haired Claymore part )) is generally the more consistent general quality of the anime, but this is Madhouse, and we'd get some lower-than-usual qualities occasionally. Not that we can blame them, since they're like involved in the production or in-between jobs of probably 583 animes at a time.

Not to mention this trailer isn't extremely impressive animation-wise (( there's not that much of fluid action scenes in it )), but rather the atmosphere and apparent visual directing (( storyboarding )) that is involved in the production of Claymore is what stands out more for me. I'd comment on the music as well, if only the audio didn't suck so bad.

And Vexx, this show has females weilding Claymores with one hand, along with monsters. Think Black Lagoon level of realism, only with swords.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 23:44   Link #85
Joojoobees

Plus, what I saw didn't really look like a trailer as much as a couple of random clips put together. Trailers are often edited to provide a single viewer experience (the trailer for Darker than Black is a good example).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this title, but we really haven't seen anything to base an opinion on yet. It could suck, it could be pretty good, one could still hope for the best.

I think it is fair to say that the show has potential, and that nothing that has been released is conclusive that that potential will go to waste, but until we see a decent quality clip of reasonable length (with proper audio!) all we really have is speculation.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 23:52   Link #86
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Trailers almost always look great, since they're meant to entice potential viewers into watching or salivate existing fans of the material.
Couldn't stop thinking about the Disgaea trailers after reading this.
Old 2007-03-28, 00:08   Link #87
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Since I first started reading the Claymore manga more than 2 years ago, it instantly became one of my favorite manga series up there with Berserk and Inhabitant of Immortality. And Madhouse is one of my favorite anime studios for manga-to-anime conversion. I'm really looking forward to this anime now, just hope they don't be too cheap with the animation.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 01:46   Link #88
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Inhabitant of Immortality
You meant Blade of the Immortal, right?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 02:46   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
ouch.... talk about hexing something
Old 2007-03-28, 10:46   Link #90
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Drytchnath never said it would be consistently high quality, he said the clip was good and he hoped it would stay that way unlike Blood+. I think you misunderstood his post.
If that's what he meant then yes, I completely misunderstood it.
Anyway, the manga is farly good (not at the level of masterpieces like Berserk, but it's still rather nice) so I do hope Madhouse will remain faithful to its original style and plot as much as possible.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 08:22   Link #91
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I never saw this trailer...but I presume it's bad? Note that I said almost always. In my opinion, Sunrise too generally aren't the best trailer previewers around. Most of their short trailers aren't exciting, but they mostly deliver for most part. In comparison, I think Gonzo does awesome trailers, but half the time, the trailer exhumes more promise than the series itself.

Like I said, this Claymore trailer isn't exactly Dennou Coil, Bokurano or Darker than Black, which all gave a solid, strong idea on how the animation will look like consistently, a feel on how the series will work in execution and also the atmosphere of the series. It's not very impressive, but it gets the neccesary message of Claymore across, which is good at this stage.

Nice to see I'm not the only guy who thinks Red Eyes is sheer freaking awesomeness. Especially the part that showed how the manga got it's name. Badassery of Alucard proportions.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:35   Link #92
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I never saw this trailer...but I presume it's bad?
Oh no, quite the contrary. The Disgaea trailer was pretty awesome in the eyes of many, and it give fans of the game something to really get excited about.

And then, the anime started.......

Mind you, I have a lot of faith in Madhouse, so hopefully we wont have to deal with another Disgaea horror anytime soon.

It doesnt hurt to be cautious about the trailer though.
Old 2007-03-29, 16:26   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I own a cute little Etona figure courtesy of the Disgaea trailer and the first couple of episodes... and then the bottom fell out of the show ... ohhhh the bad...

Fortunately, my Etona figure is still cute. She guards my home fileserver.

Yeah.... I'm sure we've all seen the movie trailer wherein *EVERY* single action shot or gag that was actually not garbage is in it --- so when you actually see the movie you walk out before the end it was so bad.

Therefore I'm usually suspicious of trailers (though the 5cm was so out there that I figured the first episode could be completely plotless and we'd watch the pretty pictures - fortunately it measured up to the trailer).
Old 2007-03-29, 16:28   Link #94
DangerMouse

Quote:
I never saw this trailer...but I presume it's bad? Note that I said almost always. In my opinion, Sunrise too generally aren't the best trailer previewers around. Most of their short trailers aren't exciting, but they mostly deliver for most part. In comparison, I think Gonzo does awesome trailers, but half the time, the trailer exhumes more promise than the series itself.

Like I said, this Claymore trailer isn't exactly Dennou Coil, Bokurano or Darker than Black, which all gave a solid, strong idea on how the animation will look like consistently, a feel on how the series will work in execution and also the atmosphere of the series. It's not very impressive, but it gets the neccesary message of Claymore across, which is good at this stage.

Nice to see I'm not the only guy who thinks Red Eyes is sheer freaking awesomeness. Especially the part that showed how the manga got it's name. Badassery of Alucard proportions.
Character design and art wise I was very impressed and showing the cool camera angles usually reserved for anime feature films I personally think could be great for this show (but might just be used ocassionally), but yeah I agree we didn't really get a taste of an extended action/fast-movement sequence like some of the other trailers do to really show us whether or not the show will have good actual animation or just be nicely directed. With the great art style of Clare's design I hope the high motion animation is as good as Madhouse can do, the style of this show seems just like the type of show they usually do good action animation in, so I hope they keep up that track record.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 10:54   Link #95
Adventury
Rail Tracer

How long till it airs?
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:20   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Plus, what I saw didn't really look like a trailer as much as a couple of random clips put together. Trailers are often edited to provide a single viewer experience (the trailer for Darker than Black is a good example).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this title, but we really haven't seen anything to base an opinion on yet. It could suck, it could be pretty good, one could still hope for the best.

I think it is fair to say that the show has potential, and that nothing that has been released is conclusive that that potential will go to waste, but until we see a decent quality clip of reasonable length (with proper audio!) all we really have is speculation.
You saw an anime trailer. Uhhmm. That's an anime trailer, randoms clips with music from the show put over it. Uhmmm. Get with the times bro. Generally you hope by the end of it you can kind of piece something together, its usually a crapshoot, but more often than not I get good and bad vibes at the same time.

Me, I'm just checking up, I didn't like the preview chapter I saw of Claymore in Shonen Jump and am in no way interested in seeing any more of it in any form, but I'll do my usual information brokering and logical analysis when I can help.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:50   Link #97
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventury View Post
How long till it airs?
It already has.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 12:49   Link #98
Adventury
Rail Tracer

It has? I must have missed it... Well, thank you anyway.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 15:12   Link #99
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You saw an anime trailer. Uhhmm. That's an anime trailer, randoms clips with music from the show put over it. Uhmmm. Get with the times bro.
No. As I stated, that wasn't a trailer, it was just a couple of clips from the show. That is why I said that it "didn't really look like a trailer". They lifted a couple of scenes from the show, but didn't make an attempt to give an overall impression of the show, as trailers attempt to do. Also, they didn't put music over it. The reason I said the audio wasn't "proper" was that the video was captured by a camera in the crowd at the event at which the clips were shown, and the crowd noise completely drowns out the audio from the clips.

Happily this won't matter for long, as raws should start appearing in a few hours, and then we can determine what kind of quality we are going to get.
Old 2007-04-03, 15:35   Link #100
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

While I totally agree with you on the audio(totally wish I could see the trailer straight from the site), I believe you are contradicting yourself on the definition of a trailer. A trailer is exactly what you said (see first line on second paragraph here). And anyway for tv shows usually most of the clips they get are from the first episode, so you can't really expect that much from it other than the visual quality and animation.

With that aside, I'm getting paranoid trying to get the raws of the shows I want to watch today. Man if only I had something to keep me occupied for the time being.