AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-01-08, 01:42   Link #181
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Hmm...Considering that this can be called the first arc, I wonder what the second arc's main theme would be...Will they delve more into the world of the Guze this time rather than the real world?

That being said, it seems that episode 14 would be a suitable 'change of things' for a switch in 'arcs', considering that it might seem to be a filler episode.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 03:32   Link #182
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelLicks
Was just looking through AnimeNewsNetwork and I noticed a couple of interesting facts (to me at least).

1. Shana's voice actress is Rie Kugimiya who also was Alphonse Elric in FMA and Kurosaki Karin in Bleach.
2. Alastor's voice actor is Masashi Ebara who also was Hoenheim Elric in FMA.
3. Kazumi Yoshida's voice actress is Ayako Kawasumi who did tons of show (Hikari in This Ugly and Beautiful World for example) and is also in the much anticipated show Fate/Stay Night as Saber.
Wow, interesting. Shana's voice was done by a person who also did Alphonse in Full Metal Alchemist? That is pretty interesting. It's just like it was a woman who did Ashes voice in Pokemon. Anyway the second might be more about the tomogara world since the first so far was all about her interation with the world. And from what was seen from the preview from episode 13, it seems like we are going to know more about Shana and her past and stuff like that.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:05   Link #183
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.13:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:51   Link #184
Apekatt
Monkeycat

This show is only getting better and better! The fight between Margery and the dude with the sun glasses was entertainging to watch. (Margery looks pretty stupid when she's "transformed" though. Fear the purple Wolf-bear of a thousand spells. >_>)
I lol'd in the end of the episode when Yuji got his prize.
Next episode looks promising. A girl with purple hair and a maid-outfit, finally some fanserivice for us who ain't lolicons yet!
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 11:16   Link #185
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just more thoughts on episode 13...

I suddenly sympathise with the incest-loving Tiriel. Although her way of displaying her affection for her brother was... , I won't discount the fact that her love was very real, and she really did give everything to fulfill her brother's wishes to the extent of losing her life.

Spoiler:

First time Yuji works with Marjorie...and the first time where I see the latter in a new light, probably because of the absence of vengeance in her now, as well as two particular humans.
Old 2006-01-08, 12:00   Link #186
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler for ep13:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 12:43   Link #187
FeelLicks

Another thing I'd like to add is that before Yuuji's only usefulness it seems, was to be an adrenaline boost for Shana. In ep 13 we find out Yuuji has another "skill" that proves useful. (Some extremely smart ppl may have figured it out in previous eps when he "sensed" Shana on the roof but I guess most of us figured it out this ep =] )
FeelLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 13:22   Link #188
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...yeah...i like it how they didnt emphasise yuji's "tracking" abilities in the previous eps like you said sensing shana on the roof or even finding the real rammie......they made it flow naturally with the show so i didnt really think about it until i saw this ep...good work i must say...

...my only concern is what will Marjorie do with that weapon the twins left behind...because i hope she keeps it or atleast give to her henchmans or something...i always want to see the characters keeping anything that may be useful...like for example: dual-wielding shana? eh? ...exactly...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 16:21   Link #189
AxE_EfFeCt

Well that sword is a bit too big for dual weilding I would say .Anyway I want to see more development for Yuji and he should get some better abilities. That would be real fun. And yes its about time we finally get to see something related to Shana's past.
AxE_EfFeCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 16:26   Link #190
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
That being said, it seems that episode 14 would be a suitable 'change of things' for a switch in 'arcs', considering that it might seem to be a filler episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-08, 17:10   Link #191
Alpha123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Spoiler for ep13:
Spoiler:
I was just wondering, were the reasons why the twins were so hell bent on getting the Nietono no Shana explained in the novel?

Also, what's up with Sydonay? I got the impression that he is like a mercenary tomogara that was just hired by the twins or something. If they explain his background/motives in the novel, could someone enlightening this for me?

One last thing that has been eating at me, how can Shana bleed if she is already dead? When Shana sliced up Yuji in episode 1 there was no blood or anything, yet when Shana got injured by Blutsauger and the her own sword blood was drawn.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 17:59   Link #192
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
[spoiler]One last thing that has been eating at me, how can Shana bleed if she is already dead? When Shana sliced up Yuji in episode 1 there was no blood or anything, yet when Shana got injured by Blutsauger and the her own sword blood was drawn.
Yuuji is a Torch, that's why he's "hollow." Torches are just like that, I guess. Shana is *not* a torch and most likely not dead. Marjorie Daw's scene when she was offered revenge by Marcosius seemed like she was on the brink of dying though.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 18:16   Link #193
PhoenixIce
Hitsugaya Toushirou

Send a message via MSN to PhoenixIce
Quote:
One last thing that has been eating at me, how can Shana bleed if she is already dead? When Shana sliced up Yuji in episode 1 there was no blood or anything, yet when Shana got injured by Blutsauger and the her own sword blood was drawn.
i dont remember them saying she was dead. They said that torches are dead people and that flame haze are "like" torches in a way, but not necessarily the same.

I think that ep 13 was...well...okay i suppose, but not wat i expected. I expected more of a fight from the twins...and Sydonay...he will certainly be back...who knows when tho...hopefully when he does, he comes back with stronger guys, and i hope they at least put up a better fight than the one with the twins.
PhoenixIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 18:28   Link #194
Alpha123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Shana is *not* a torch and most likely not dead.
I guess I just figured she was a torch after she told Yuji that she was basically the same as a torch (at the end of episode 2). Oh well, this doesn’t really take away from the story or anything, so I guess it just a trivial matter.

Looking forward to episode 14 though, seems like we get to look at how Shana became a Flame Haze and her background, can't wait.

Last edited by Alpha123; 2006-01-08 at 18:45.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 18:46   Link #195
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Torches aren't really dead either though, they're a residue until they simply cease to exist. Sort of a death, but not quite, especially since nobody will remember them. It's interesting to think about, what will someone's memory look like after someone they knew has ceased to exist? Perhaps similar to Sakura's memories of Syaoran in Tsubasa Chronicle, such as talking to an empty chair where that person used to sit when that memory took place? Or will everyone's past simply be rewritten as if that person was never born to begin with? As for Yuuji not bleeding, I'm not so sure if that's also the case when he's dealing with ordinary people. If it is, he might be able to do weird things like walk around carrying his his head in his arms. That would really freak people out, wouldn't it. :P

Quote:
Spoiler:
Ah almost forgot about that, that will give him even more reason to make a future appearance.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 22:07   Link #196
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Spoiler:
Okay, wrong choice of words. Maybe 'filler' wasn't appropriate in this case.

Hmm...I suppose the idea that Shana was "dead" came from the part where she said that Torches and Flame Hazes were similar, I suppose. The similarities are lost on me, though...
Old 2006-01-09, 01:22   Link #197
PhoenixIce
Hitsugaya Toushirou

Send a message via MSN to PhoenixIce
Well, there are similarities between the 2, they can both move during a futetzu, they both arent "known" in society (altho Yuji is an exception cuz he has the Lost Midnight inside him), no one really knows Shana as Shana (except for Yuji and Alastor and ne1 else besides the everyday human), everyone knows her as Hirai as she has "barged" into her existance.
PhoenixIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 13:07   Link #198
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Okay, wrong choice of words. Maybe 'filler' wasn't appropriate in this case.

Hmm...I suppose the idea that Shana was "dead" came from the part where she said that Torches and Flame Hazes were similar, I suppose. The similarities are lost on me, though...
The similarity Shana is talking about is that Yuuji is just a Torch and Shana is just a Flame Haze, neither of them will ever get to have friends, both of them are easily forgotten, etc. (remember that at the time Shana didn't know that Yuuji had the reiji Maigo in him and that she'd be spending an extended amount of time interacting with hiim and other people)
Old 2006-01-09, 19:48   Link #199
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Spoiler for ep13:
Spoiler:
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 23:06   Link #200
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Spoiler:
And so all those Buddhist reference comes into play, as do references from other mythology perhaps....

Spoiler:

@ PhoenixIce and Shinji103: Thanks for the help on clarifying my doubts. Very much appreciated.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere