Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 19:09   Link #41
EmilScherbe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
how many episodes this show will have??
not confirmed yet

OP shows scenes till battle of Guandu, that concluded at manga chapter 186 (of 409).
Anime covers 29 chapters in first 4 episodes, about 7 chapters per episode,
so there were 26 episodes in 6 month speculation.

But recently the paces turns a bit slowly or precisely (14 chapters in 3 episodes, about 5 chapters per episode).
It can be a bit longer, and if they would do whole in recent pace it will be 80 or so,, well ,,, don't know.
EmilScherbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 20:16   Link #42
justavisitor

Thanks for answering my question, EmilScherbe1

If I see it right, the OP also shows Lui Bei's advisor (too hard to spell his name here XD)...I really hope it will a whole year series (so it would have at least 50 episodes) and cover the whole manga...one can hope I guess XD

Once again, thank you for answering my post
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 18:14   Link #43
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
This show is excelent so far. I only watched the first few episodes of TROTTK, so i can only guess on whats to happen. Cao Cao is indeed a great personality.
Old 2009-05-29, 02:05   Link #44
EmilScherbe1

26 episodes, according to DVD&BD release anouncement on official page
EmilScherbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 08:29   Link #45
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I don't understand why this series is hated by so many.

I mean, hardly anyone blogs it, and there are so few posts in this thread compared to most of the other shows airing this season.

I guess there aren't many people who appreciate the politics, strategy and tactics involved in this show?

What a pity..

Quote:
I thought it was based on Souten no Ken... my guess was wrong. Will skip this one.
LOL.
Old 2009-06-01, 05:41   Link #46
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Yeah... Very LoL that comment. And the question remains, did he even knew what was Souten No Ken?
Old 2009-06-05, 15:46   Link #47
justavisitor

@EmilScherbe1

Thanks for the info...sry I replied so late, it's hard to find this thread...it always gets buried into later pages..

@paradox13
And I thought ppl who enjoyed code geass will enjoy this series also?? the main hero is also kind of evil and he also outsmarts every human being in the show ...maybe ppl don't know the chinese history so the popularity of this series suffers from it (I don't know how popular this series is in Japan??)..tho I don't think one needs to understand the history in order to enjoy this show
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 05:57   Link #48
paradox13
zzz

Yeah man.

Its sad that there are so few posts in this thread compared to say Queen's Blade, a show based primarily upon fanservice with little character depth and no plot to speak of.

Talk about shallow...

A show with a fantastic plot, good art, interesting characters and awesome action (but without the girls) versus a show with hot chicks and no plot whatsoever. One would think that in the modern day society, the show with the plot would be much more popular.
Old 2009-06-07, 05:16   Link #49
gaguri

While I am enjoying the show, I don't think it is that fantastic. I will agree with whoever said Ravages of the Time is the best re-interpretation of RoTK.
Old 2009-07-21, 04:33   Link #50
paradox13
zzz

Ep 8 + 9 out.
Old 2009-07-21, 04:56   Link #51
Sindas
Rinshan Kaiho

My god... Lu Bu's entrance was so wrong...
Sindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:01   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
While I am enjoying the show, I don't think it is that fantastic. I will agree with whoever said Ravages of the Time is the best re-interpretation of RoTK.
Thanks for mentioning that. I'll go take a look.

Personally, I think this show is highly watchable. Lots of great non-standard takes on the characters. I'm particularly fond (?) of the way they show Liu Bei (I'm watching the Chinese subs, which are up to ep 15).

Perfect it isn't, but the episodes are always enjoyable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:18   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Show is very low profile considering how damn good it is.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:21   Link #54
paradox13
zzz

The characterisation is nice, unrealistic although I wouldn't say its more unrealistic then RoTK novel. I like their portrayal of Cao Cao as well..anti heroes are always interesting. His character is certainly flawed, a ruthless but brilliant general, charismatic and patriotic though possessing a megalomaniac streak as well.

LuBu looks like a retard though heh.
Old 2009-07-24, 22:42   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show may be getting a bit of traction in Japan. Ratings for the show, which comes on at about 1 am, seem to have ranged around 2% of the audience, which is okay. But the last ep in June had a 2.9% share, and the past two weeks have been at 3.1% and 3.7%, which is excellent, putting it in the top 15 anime of the week, and near the top of the late-night shows, with only Tokyo Magnitude 8 and a collection of the best of Golgo 13 above it. TV ratings bear little resemblance to popularity on AnimeSuki or 2channel. The top ten are nearly always all kids shows.

I haven't read Chinese reaction, but I do notice that it takes a couple of days for Chinese subs to appear. Chinese subs of popular shows appear within 24 hours.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-07-25, 07:18   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Thats good to hear, cos even though Souten Kouro might not be an instant classic, its still an immensely entertaining series which I think deserves more attention then it gets (at least from a Western audience).
Old 2009-07-25, 07:23   Link #57
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
its still an immensely entertaining series which I think deserves more attention then it gets (at least from a Western audience).
The problem is there is simply nothing wrong with it. The western audience (and not only) seems to only like to talk about iffy subjects or material at hand.
Old 2009-07-25, 08:52   Link #58
klare

i have been scare to try this one, as Japanese manga always messed up the 3 kingdom story

but after reading this thread, i will try a few eps

btw, Ravages of Time is a Japanese-style manga by a Hong Kong artist (full of Basara-type generals and super inteligent military advisors), its a classic
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:20   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I see that the Japan-China co-production of the Three Kingdoms will start next month on Chinese TV (26 one-hour episodes) and then in Japan in October (52 half-hour episodes). Here's a Chinese page with some images. And ANN's page.

Of course, a second season of Koihime Musou will be on in October, too....
Old 2009-07-29, 06:11   Link #60
paradox13
zzz

Doesn't look too promising tbh. Seems like a low budget version, more conccerned with historic accuracy then entertainment.

I prefer Souten Kouro's dramatization, although ofcourse it isn't perfect.

Tags
action, seinen