AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 138 42.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 18.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 52 15.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 8.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-01, 03:27   Link #861
DN24

Quote:
Besides, were her Geass effect was cancelled at any point during that massacre, does really think that'd be good for her? She'd have to live with that memory forever. Forever. Trust me, after something like that happening to such a sweet young woman, death would be preferable. If you think about the consequences, Euphy got off rather easy. Sounds horrible, I know, but death is better than some fates.

And its certainly better than being paralyzed in a cell.
We can actually say thing like she'd prefer dead or LL killed her is out of mercy because Euphie is not my or your lover/sister. Suzaku and Cornelia can never think that way.Also,how can we be so sure that she'd want to die but not to redeem herself?I don't think Euphie's as weak as everybody claim her to be,she tried to fight against her geass unlike every other characters,right?
It was not Lelouch's fault his geass went out of control but he chose the easy way out,he sacrificed one of his family to become a "hero" and it was the most convenient way to achieve his goal..I can't feel any sympathy for him after all that...
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 03:48   Link #862
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can still feel sympathy, but I can't deny there were alternatives, either. And I certainly can't claim that he killed her for her own good. He sacrificed her to the cause, nothing more.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 04:15   Link #863
Crontica

Thread. Moves. Too Fast.

I highly doubt Lelouch is going to beable to clear his name with Cornelia, making her believe the geass is one thing, explaining that it was a "Accident that coincidentally benefited his own rebellion" is another story.

It is a fact that if Euhpie won, there would be no season two with the way she was going death was inevitable, lets hope the same thing doesnt happen to nunnally.

There is another point that has not been discussed, when Anya spotted two lelouch's on her gundam during cupid event if anya reported this to anyone would this speed up the chance that lelouch will have to ditch the academy sooner than expected?
Old 2008-07-01, 04:17   Link #864
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
There is another point that has not been discussed, when Anya spotted two lelouch's on her gundam during cupid event if anya reported this to anyone would this speed up the chance that lelouch will have to ditch the academy sooner than expected?
We already have Shirley regaining her memories. That has pretty much put a countdown to the situation.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 04:33   Link #865
RedWing

ok 13 eps left we still have
12 alive KOR
Cornelia
Schniezel
Charles
V.V
Orange
Other relatives that turned up today

How are they going to bring a proper resolution to the series with all those enemies still to handle?

Plus on a side note- we know that V.V wanted to reproduce the power C.C (episode 11). First I thought that it was because C.C could grant geasses but now, maybe it seems that its C.C's ability to REMOVE the effects that V.V wanted to make.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 04:35   Link #866
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Do I see two psychos in the pic? I think I did...
They made cornelia CUTE. Why do you think she looks psycho? She has the uber sad look going on, not the crazy look. Like she's going tough and sensitive all of a sudden. And good observation about her face being made to look a bit more like her brother's face.

Seeing as how she babied Euphemia and taking into account her comments during her confrontation with Lelouch, she may have already forgiven him and may be more likely to hug him than anything. She seems to be motherly to her siblings. She said she understood why he would hate his family so much. She's on the hunt for the Geass cult, she is doing the investigation she never got to do in the past. I think she may try to play big sister to Lelouch and Nunnally in some way.

Anyhow, Cornelia is a tough girl like Kallen. Will they tag team or have a sparring match? Cornelia always wanted to team up with her idol, Marianne. Kallen is admired by the Knights of the Round and may share some of her traits. Any chance they tag team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Thread. Moves. Too Fast.

I highly doubt Lelouch is going to beable to clear his name with Cornelia, making her believe the geass is one thing, explaining that it was a "Accident that coincidentally benefited his own rebellion" is another story.

It is a fact that if Euhpie won, there would be no season two with the way she was going death was inevitable, lets hope the same thing doesnt happen to nunnally.

Yeah, he will. She seems to be uncovering the truth by herself. Charles put Lelouch in that situation. I don't think she will try to kill Lelouch. She may be like "I'm not going to kill my own brother. If I would have been more protective of all you, none of this would have happened. Your mother died under my watch. She was my friend, more of a mother to me than my real mother." And then she'll sob and hug him. Lelouch would probably freeze in place or something. I think she'll play it "mature."
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 04:37   Link #867
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
ok 13 eps left we still have
12 alive KOR
Cornelia
Schniezel
Charles
V.V
Orange
Other relatives that turned up today

How are they going to bring a proper resolution to the series with all those enemies still to handle?

Plus on a side note- we know that V.V wanted to reproduce the power C.C (episode 11). First I thought that it was because C.C could grant geasses but now, maybe it seems that its C.C's ability to REMOVE the effects that V.V wanted to make.
Not all of those will turn out enemies. And an R3 seems more than likely unless the series goes into overdrive. The series moves like molasses.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:00   Link #868
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

It was a pure filler ep. It was funny as hell, but still a filler. And the animation is completely off.
The end was nice, though. can't wait untill next ep!
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:13   Link #869
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Be it Cornelia or Suzaku, the story of the Geass is a truth that will hardly be believed. Yes, both wanted nothing more than to clear Euphie's name, but to do so, they have to unmask everything, from Lulu, the ruins and Orenji-jiji.
Hard, but not impossible... that's exactly what Cornelia is going out to do right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
LL could have still tried...if she kills herself...so be it.
Tried what?
letting her know what she did was certain to torment her and put her through misery... a life of internal torment, a life of madness, internal torment followed by suicide, or dying happy... the concept of "a fate worse than death" rings very true in some cases.

Lelouche and Suzaku were really thinking on similar wavelengths... "let her die with happy thoughts"... i kinda wonder, how would people had reacted if Suzaku had told her the truth and she died with tears in her eyes... the only difference between what Lulu did and what Suzaku did was that Lulu's choice was a lot harder to make. Imagine if you will if Euphie had survived being shot and was going to recover; how do you think Suzaku would have dealt with the situation... we know he would not kill her, but i have a lot of trouble figuring out how he would deal with it with out her going into intense sorrow and pain... the truth would hurt her far more than any bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
We can actually say thing like she'd prefer dead or LL killed her is out of mercy because Euphie is not my or your lover/sister. Suzaku and Cornelia can never think that way.
Which is why part of my post emphasized that Cornelia would be rendered speechless if she was asked what she would have done in Lulu's place... She'd would not be able to offer a solution that would keep her from suffering greatly but at the same time would never be able to agree to killing her... it's a complete loose-loose situtation; the only question being how badly they loose. And we should not forget that she was also Lelouche's first love and he did care about her; especially when he realized that she had not be corrupted like his other brother's and sisters were over the years, she was the same girl he knew from the past
Quote:
Also,how can we be so sure that she'd want to die but not to redeem herself?I don't think Euphie's as weak as everybody claim her to be,she tried to fight against her geass unlike every other characters,right?
Care to offer what she could possibly do to redeem herself... afterall, she was already using all of her power to give the japanese full recognition as japanese and restore their status; doesn't get much higher than that. is there anything more she could really do to even begin to redeem herself? not to mention the fact that the Geass was forcing her to kill the japanese (we have seen no limit to how long the geass lasts), which includes ordering soldiers to do it for her... she was actually a risk to them as long as she lived; one minute she's sending them relief the next she orders a soldier to kill them (only one who could stop her geass would be charles and his geass research, but we know that he doesn't care that much for his children)... hate to see what happens when she succombs to the geass and ends up hurting Suzaku... depression... seclusion... madness... Euphie would have fallen apart if she knew what she did.

Quote:
It was not Lelouch's fault his geass went out of control but he chose the easy way out,he sacrificed one of his family to become a "hero" and it was the most convenient way to achieve his goal..I can't feel any sympathy for him after all that...
The easy way out... what exactly were the good alternatives?
Let Euphie live and allow her to go through the torment of knowing what she did?
If letting Euphie live is the "hard way" for him, then it comes with the baggage that it is also the "hard way" for her... he damns her to torment at the same time

Expose himself to clear Euphie's name and try to explain the unbelievable about his geass; then his mother's death goes unavenged, a cruel dictator will continue to rule, and if his identity gets exposed in the chaos then Nunnually would be put at risk as well... exposing the geass would be the only way to stop the japanese from rebelling... Unfortunately, Lulu exposing himself and claiming responsibility would not at all ease Euphie's soul and she would still be tormented with the knowledge that she killed hundreds of japanese.

he could have decided to sit out the rebellion, and just let the japanese fight on their own with him refusing to lead... but that would have meant instant failure for them and it would just result in a massacre

loose-loose no matter what you do... you say it's the easy way out, i say it's cutting you're losses... in a loose-loose situation the best you can do in situations like that is cut your loses as much as possible.

not to mention we know that killing euphie was not to inspire revolution or make him look like a "hero"... the inspiration was done when she ordered the genocide, and he already had the "hero" status... he didn't gain much if anything from killing her; he had everything he would have needed the moment she started killing the japanese

Quote:
y'know, one thing that i think helps give Lelouche some safety from her is her personality and her lack of knowledge zero's true identity. her personality seems to be that of someone who does not speak about anything without much reason (she just might ride it off as her seeing things or some weird school prank)... it doesn't seem like she will actually say anything about it unless it somehow relevant to what someone else is talking about... And if she has been kept in the dark about Zero's identity then she would not know that the double lelouche was the solution to the mystery of how zero could be in two places at once... if she hasn't been kept in the dark then there is no reason for her NOT to report what she saw

thinking about it, Lelouche should be glad the Suzaku was not around for the event... he would have been one of the few people to notice that Lelouche was suddenly VERY athletic. (really, the ashford family didn't get Lelouche a maid, but a ninja maid?!)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:29   Link #870
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not to mention we know that killing euphie was not to inspire revolution or make him look like a "hero"... the inspiration was done when she ordered the genocide, and he already had the "hero" status... he didn't gain much if anything from killing her; he had everything he would have needed the moment she started killing the japanese
Also don't forget, Britannia had covered up Euphie's death in Lulu's hands and claim she was executed by the Britannain government. So there is no "heroism" points scored here; most people didn't know Zero did it.
Old 2008-07-01, 05:39   Link #871
m1thril

Quote:

Tried what?
letting her know what she did was certain to torment her and put her through misery... a life of internal torment, a life of madness, internal torment followed by suicide, or dying happy... the concept of "a fate worse than death" rings very true in some cases.

Lelouche and Suzaku were really thinking on similar wavelengths... "let her die with happy thoughts"... i kinda wonder, how would people had reacted if Suzaku had told her the truth and she died with tears in her eyes... the only difference between what Lulu did and what Suzaku did was that Lulu's choice was a lot harder to make. Imagine if you will if Euphie had survived being shot and was going to recover; how do you think Suzaku would have dealt with the situation... we know he would not kill her, but i have a lot of trouble figuring out how he would deal with it with out her going into intense sorrow and pain... the truth would hurt her far more than any bullet
tried any alternative other than killing her...once she's in her right mind she can decide whether or not she wants to know what happened. suzaku only said that cuz she was already fatally wounded. nothing the doctors did could save her so she might as well die happily. frankly, i would rather know the truth so i can do something about it to redeem myself if necessary. and like i said before...i'd rather make my own decisions than have someone decide for me, which is why i don't approve of LL's mercy killing.

Quote:
Care to offer what she could possibly do to redeem herself... afterall, she was already using all of her power to give the japanese full recognition as japanese and restore their status; doesn't get much higher than that. is there anything more she could really do to even begin to redeem herself? not to mention the fact that the Geass was forcing her to kill the japanese (we have seen no limit to how long the geass lasts), which includes ordering soldiers to do it for her... she was actually a risk to them as long as she lived; one minute she's sending them relief the next she orders a soldier to kill them (only one who could stop her geass would be charles and his geass research, but we know that he doesn't care that much for his children)... hate to see what happens when she succombs to the geass and ends up hurting Suzaku... depression... seclusion... madness... Euphie would have fallen apart if she knew what she did.
one way is regain the trust of the japanese and recreate the SAZ and have it work this time. of course...they would need to take care of the geass problem first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Also don't forget, Britannia had covered up Euphie's death in Lulu's hands and claim she was executed by the Britannain government. So there is no "heroism" points scored here; most people didn't know Zero did it.
agreed

Last edited by m1thril; 2008-07-01 at 05:52.
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:54   Link #872
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for quote 1:

If that Cornelia is cute, then Charles's my mother. No, that is not cute.

To me, Cornelia has turned bitter. I think she knows that essentially, she has a Mission Impossible in exposing the Geass. As of now, I don't see her having a decent ending.

Spoiler for quote 2:

I mentioned a page back that I have a Rape the Dog case if Euphie isn't killed, involving paralysis, a webcam and footage of genocide.

And yes, if Suzaku was there, Lulu's cover will be blown.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-07-01 at 06:15.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 06:36   Link #873
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Slayerx: the thing with being alive is, you have a chance to overcome grief and get better. Lelouch robbed her of that chance.

Maybe she couldn't have, but maybe she could. Heck, we now know geasses can be cancelled, so even the argument of "she'd have spent the rest of her life trying to kill the Japanese" is groundless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 06:44   Link #874
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyone knows if the canceler is a tech, or given by V.V.?
Old 2008-07-01, 07:36   Link #875
apsody243

Quote:
Maybe she couldn't have, but maybe she could. Heck, we now know geasses can be canceled, so even the argument of "she'd have spent the rest of her life trying to kill the Japanese" is groundless.
Yes but Lulu didn't know that at the time, heck that power didn't even exist then. As far a Lulu and the rest of us knew at that time she was in perma JP killing mode with no way of getting back to normal.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 07:42   Link #876
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
Yes but Lulu didn't know that at the time, heck that power didn't even exist then. As far a Lulu and the rest of us knew at that time she was in perma JP killing mode with no way of getting back to normal.
Yeah, my Rape the Dog scenario actually involves using the canceler.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:46   Link #877
apsody243

Enough with the "Rape the Dog" scenario i admit that it would be entertaining "in a sadistic sort of way" but come on, Lulu would have no basis for it.... or would he
Old 2008-07-01, 07:50   Link #878
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
Enough with the "Rape the Dog" scenario i admit that it would be entertaining "in a sadistic sort of way" but come on, Lulu would have no basis for it.... or would he
If he had kept Euphie alive, I bet that some sicko (Diethard?) will suggest some VR simulation and webcast to the rest of the world that even in captivity, the Massacre Princess is still "killing" Japanese (even though they are only virtual ones).
Old 2008-07-01, 07:53   Link #879
apsody243

Really some one should do a fanfic of that it would prove to be highly amusing

"OK sick & sadistic mode off"
Old 2008-07-01, 08:00   Link #880
keriko

I wonder if Cornelia now realizes what happened with Darlton....that geass was behinnd it, just another reason for her to go all anti-geass. This would be a good reason for her, suzaku and Jeremiah to team up. Jeremiah has a deep and abiding hatred for zero just like suzaku.....they both want to destroy geass like cornelia....that geass canceller would come in handy should they fight against zero....not to mention the three of them have been geassed before so if oran...er jeremiah cancels their geass..well let's just say zero is in alot of trouble
keriko is offline   Reply With Quote