AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-20, 08:24   Link #81
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Blatant advertising for Macross
Radd, please. He's entitled to his own opinion. Also, perhaps by "Macross" he meant the ORIGINAL.
Old 2004-04-20, 17:29   Link #82
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Radd, please. He's entitled to his own opinion. Also, perhaps by "Macross" he meant the ORIGINAL.

I was trying to make a point that it seems you missed. I picked his post because I know a thing or two about Macross, and can make an educated guess as to why a person would or would not like the show, but his post could be replaced with any post where someone says something along the lines of:

"I hate this show!"

"This show is the best ever!"
Old 2004-04-21, 22:04   Link #83
The_Dreamer
One of those days

Send a message via AIM to The_Dreamer
I had a few friends that raved about Fushigi Yuugi. I borrowed it from one of them later and found I really really disliked it. I found the characters so annoying...I gave up watching it mid-way through the series.
Old 2004-04-21, 22:23   Link #84
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
I was trying to make a point that it seems you missed. I picked his post because I know a thing or two about Macross, and can make an educated guess as to why a person would or would not like the show, but his post could be replaced with any post where someone says something along the lines of:

"I hate this show!"

"This show is the best ever!"
I think it's a bit different, actually. Anime such as Macross and Gundam are really more like a whole genre. For instance, if someone doesn't like the whole giant-robot type of anime, couldn't he just say he doesn't like Gundam and be done with it? Then again, SOMEONE is bound to make a stink about him saying that too, completely oblivious to other people's anime preferences.
Old 2004-04-21, 22:44   Link #85
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I personally don't like DBZ,
Quote:
-Please refrain from flaming-

ROFLMAO I'll just say then: Congrat!!! You are now a real Otaku

pffff... seriously, aaaah f*ck it.
Old 2004-04-22, 00:00   Link #86
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
ROFLMAO I'll just say then: Congrat!!! You are now a real Otaku

pffff... seriously, aaaah f*ck it.
Off topic...
Old 2004-04-22, 12:12   Link #87
Joe Dalton

I dont hate naruto... Just dont think its as good as allot of people say =/
What I do hate intensly are the fanboys... For instance when people complain about this anime and then with the latest few eps they are all happy again... ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS A FIGHT!!!!... No story or plot just an asskicking and they claim they watch it because of its great story and background (some do at least some just admit they like it cause of the fights)
Dunno that just anoys me... Personaly I watch it because its beginning was pretty cool... Had high hopes after the opening story arc... Hell the death of Haku was so touching I was all watery but after that I have not really enjoyed it all that much (except rock lee's story that was also nice).
So I dont really dislike it just dont think its good enough 2 deserve its fanbase.
Dont know any other animes I dislike... Usualy I am pretty lucky with animes I pick...
Old 2004-04-22, 16:31   Link #88
SoulDrinker
wandering soul

Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
where to start, i hate vampire hunter d i dont get whats so great about it the hand thing pisses me off.of course db dbz dbgt along with yugioh and most other main stream crap. rare that theirs something good like escaflowne and inu yasha.
guess this just proves that people are slaves to fads
Old 2004-04-22, 16:43   Link #89
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I think it's a bit different, actually. Anime such as Macross and Gundam are really more like a whole genre. For instance, if someone doesn't like the whole giant-robot type of anime, couldn't he just say he doesn't like Gundam and be done with it? Then again, SOMEONE is bound to make a stink about him saying that too, completely oblivious to other people's anime preferences.

Well, you'd be wrong to think that way as it's very possible to like some giant robot anime, and dislike others. Me personally, I dislike most Gundam. I think UC Gundam is Gundam at it's best, but I'll still take shows like Macross over it for various reasons. I can't stand Gundam Wing, it's one of the few shows I have an active dislike for. Then there's shows like Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Patlabor, and many others, with a variety of different styles and flavours.

In fact, unless you're in the minority that will like any giant robot anime simply because it has a giant robot in it, you're bound not to like a good many of the giant robot shows out there.

Now, I tend to see threads like this as a great concept (often executed poorly) for introducing people to new anime. Of course, just listing anime doesn't help for that. I could go to the animesuki frontpage and it will do that for me. However, if you know what you like, and someone describes a show that sounds like something you'd like, you can go check it out with a reasonably educated guess that you will like it. Even with this thread's specific theme, if someone describes why they dislike a show, someone might see that and go, "Wait, I like all that stuff in my anime, maybe I'll like this show!" Or, as in 'What anime is your mostest favourite?!?!' threads, pass on those shows that don't seem to be their cup of tea.

However, if I am wrong and these threads really are just for listing J-random anime, then call a moderator over here quick, they'll be wanting to lock this thread and any others like it, because they themselves will tell you that they don't like pointless threads popping up.
Old 2004-04-22, 16:46   Link #90
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
That and the fact that people don't seem to put much effort into their justifications is why threads like this are... what they are...

I can't honestly name a single series that I didn't find at least a couple of people to either hate or like regardless of my position. Love Hina, though, is only listed by Grifis in this thread and then there is another person I know who also hates it. I think the OP and ED songs are some of Megumi's best songs ever - but I have no use for:

a) Keitaro - lowly and downtrodden. Creepy. Unlikable.
b) character designs - those girls are so not cute in the anime.
c) the turtles.
d) the romance, tiny flecks of which finally seem to show up in
e) the sequels, which don't advance the story but feature lots of lame
f) image songs...
Old 2004-04-22, 17:17   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I can't honestly name a single series that I didn't find at least a couple of people to either hate or like regardless of my position.
What about Nadesico? I know nothing is 100%, but in Nadesico's case that may be the fact. Disliked by everyone. It is just hard to imagine that if anyone could tolerate this 20+ episodes show, let alone liked it.
Old 2004-04-22, 17:32   Link #92
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
What about Nadesico? I know nothing is 100%, but in Nadesico's case that may be the fact. Disliked by everyone. It is just hard to imagine that if anyone could tolerate this 20+ episodes show, let alone liked it.
Well see, now you know of me and the guy I know who also hates Love Hina - it's his favorite series of all, and I fell in love with it too. It had some very nice SF in it, did a very good job with the large cast and the Gekiganger show-within-a-show is amazing. I have watched it at least twice through.
Old 2004-04-23, 09:10   Link #93
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Well, you'd be wrong to think that way as it's very possible to like some giant robot anime, and dislike others. Me personally, I dislike most Gundam. I think UC Gundam is Gundam at it's best, but I'll still take shows like Macross over it for various reasons. I can't stand Gundam Wing, it's one of the few shows I have an active dislike for. Then there's shows like Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Patlabor, and many others, with a variety of different styles and flavours.
*whoosh* Did you hear that? It's the sound of my entire post going over your head. Of course, it's entirely possible that you were replying to a completely different post and mistakenly quoted MY message, but I'm going to take the benefit of the doubt and leave here as quickly as possible.
Old 2004-04-23, 10:42   Link #94
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Full Metal Panic. Everyone was saying such a nice things about it and I watched an episode of it and really did not like it. ><
Old 2004-04-23, 11:23   Link #95
Joe Dalton

well... Do you think maybe watching 1 ep might not be enough 2 say anything about it?
Old 2004-04-23, 13:25   Link #96
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Oh it was enough. It was an episode where the guy looked like he was about to violate her (blue haired girl) or stmh, and then the nurses with super-large breasts >_< eeek.
Old 2004-04-23, 16:10   Link #97
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMelody
Full Metal Panic. Everyone was saying such a nice things about it and I watched an episode of it and really did not like it. ><

Yeah watching a random ep of an anime is a good basis for an opinion
Old 2004-04-23, 16:26   Link #98
Joe Dalton

Now usualy having your own opinion is a good thing... In your case I would take the opinion of others and pose them as your own...
Old 2004-04-23, 16:58   Link #99
babbito2k
annoying white bat

LuciaMelody is certainly not the topic of this thread. Why not just defend the series if that's the intent? If not, chill.

Just to mention another show, I'll pick on the cute-but-dumb Ranma 1/2 empire. I think as an adaptation of the manga it only gets "long and increasingly boring" right. Somehow the off-the-wall parodies in the manga get turned into "wacky" in the anime, and I hate "wacky." The music is a nightmare and the visuals are flat, not that the animation makes up for it.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-23 at 18:55.
Old 2004-04-23, 17:04   Link #100
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

One of the anime people rated good that i thouth suked was NOIR and the Madlax seems to be a rewrite that will not be better. EVA made me throw up. after watching it i just wanted to slap that stupid frustating Hikari or something( i just can't remember names). I think that anime that always receive the best rate are the one with fan service or lot of action. I would like to ear opinion on Popotan... Oh maybe i'm not in the good topic to ask this question
Closed Thread