AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-09, 21:30   Link #81
Monkey D. Luffy

I find it funny that Yumichika is always talking about his appearance and saying "ugly," "pretty," "beauty" and being so vain, when he's in the proclaimed thoughest Division. Yet, he's embarassed about his Fuji Kujaku's Shikai because it's not a melee type weapon even though it might be one of the strongest Shika's we know of. To me it's a little ironic but also amusing.
Old 2008-08-10, 00:53   Link #82
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
I find it funny that Yumichika is always talking about his appearance and saying "ugly," "pretty," "beauty" and being so vain, when he's in the proclaimed thoughest Division. Yet, he's embarassed about his Fuji Kujaku's Shikai because it's not a melee type weapon even though it might be one of the strongest Shika's we know of. To me it's a little ironic but also amusing.
Kenpachi/11th Squad don't care about appearances. Whether someone likes to dress pretty/sissy, or show off their muscles or act cool or what not..........doesn't really matter. The thing that 11th squad emphasize on is being direct and testing your strength head-on against an opponent.

Perhaps it's illogical, but they view kidou abilities as "cheating", because you can use them without really proving you're stronger head-to-head. Yamachika's abilities are especially hacked. He can drain reiatsu, which means he can beat someone stronger than him simply by leeching them.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-11 at 06:04.
Old 2008-08-10, 01:22   Link #83
Lendial

im not sure if it was filler but yumi is in squad 11 because he follows ikkaku.
Old 2008-08-10, 10:06   Link #84
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
im not sure if it was filler but yumi is in squad 11 because he follows ikkaku.
Yes that's true...however he has the same mentality of as everyone else. That's why he hides his abilities...

They don't fit with the 11 th squad...
Old 2008-08-10, 10:12   Link #85
carb

it's definitely not a bankai. shinigamis have to call out 'bankai' to activate their soulslayers.
Old 2008-08-10, 10:46   Link #86
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

OMG what happen to yumi or whatever his name is, the big 10 espada guy lol did i miss something and he got killed or is he still in hueco mundo hiding?
Old 2008-08-10, 12:19   Link #87
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

no he's alive, and his name is Yammy. Apparently, the running gag is that he's running around and eating the arrancars everyone defeats in order to power up and be worth something.
Old 2008-08-10, 12:30   Link #88
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb View Post
it's definitely not a bankai. shinigamis have to call out 'bankai' to activate their soulslayers.
Yes just like everyone has to yell out shikai to call out their shikai , I'm not sure if calling bankai is neccessary or they just do it to declare it to their enemy or to say it like a battle cry. So it could still be a bankai
Old 2008-08-10, 18:42   Link #89
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
no he's alive, and his name is Yammy. Apparently, the running gag is that he's running around and eating the arrancars everyone defeats in order to power up and be worth something.

lol that's good one....How did I miss that one?
Old 2008-08-10, 18:48   Link #90
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Yes just like everyone has to yell out shikai to call out their shikai , I'm not sure if calling bankai is neccessary or they just do it to declare it to their enemy or to say it like a battle cry. So it could still be a bankai
Yeah, but on the other hand it's most likely to call out "Bankai" when introducing it for the first time to the audience
Old 2008-08-10, 22:00   Link #91
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Kenpachi/11th Squad don't care about appearances. Whether someone likes to dress pretty/sissy, or show off their muscles or act cool or what not..........doesn't really matter. The thing that 11th squad emphasize on is being direct and testing your strength head-on against an opponent.

Perhaps it's illogical, but they view kidou abilities as "cheating", because you can use them without really proving you're stronger head-to-head. Yamachika's abilities are especially hacked. He can drain reiatsu, which means he can beat someone stronger than him simply by leeching them.
That's why I called it ironic, you would think that by now he would of had the courage to be head on and direct about it but still tries to hide it. It's just a little funny that someone that is so fast to jude others would be embarrassed himself about his powerful ability (that even if not melee, let's him rival stronger opponents by "stealing" the fight) even if it goes against their Division ideals. At the same time it goes right along with his character who knew Kenpachi before him being Captain, to be embarrassed that his shikai might be considered "ugly" by the others in his squad.
Old 2008-08-11, 06:00   Link #92
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
At the same time it goes right along with his character who knew Kenpachi before him being Captain, to be embarrassed that his shikai might be considered "ugly" by the others in his squad.
Yeah, it is rather amusing at that. Especially, when his sword release is named peacock, an animal which (stereotypically) loves to strut around and show off itself to others. Unlike with Ikkaku, who simply hides his bankai for fear of being relocated, you make a good point that Yamachika can't bear the thought that his friends would find his "shikai" ugly.
Edit: No italics this time. Overdoing it is a rather sloppy habit of mine.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-11 at 06:19.
Old 2008-08-11, 15:09   Link #93
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

This chapter (and the previous one) was hilarious... i am so glad the humor in Bleach is back.

he may have not said the words but i also think that that was Yumi's bankai - unless that was his second release. His shikai was that three sword thing wasn't it?

His bankai/second release or whatever it was was soo gay, i love it! Flowers?!? when his squad members see that, no matter how powerful that was, they would definitely laugh. probably why he doesn't want any other 11th division shinigami to see other than the fictionalfact that it is kidou based (see chap147)
Old 2008-08-11, 17:32   Link #94
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I dont think it was his bankai i think it was just his zanpakuto's power...lots of xanpakuto's have a release that changes their sword appearance then they have some kinda extra i'm guessing its the same attack he used on hisagi and i doubt that was bankai
Old 2008-08-12, 14:19   Link #95
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachAddict View Post
This chapter (and the previous one) was hilarious... i am so glad the humor in Bleach is back.

he may have not said the words but i also think that that was Yumi's bankai - unless that was his second release. His shikai was that three sword thing wasn't it?

His bankai/second release or whatever it was was soo gay, i love it! Flowers?!? when his squad members see that, no matter how powerful that was, they would definitely laugh. probably why he doesn't want any other 11th division shinigami to see other than the fictionalfact that it is kidou based (see chap147)
I'm pretty sure it was his release, or else Kubo would have made him say 'BANKAI!'.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-12, 22:10   Link #96
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post

lol that's good one....How did I miss that one?
haha it apparently it's only on the onemanga and (i think?) bleachexile forums...
Old 2008-08-13, 04:32   Link #97
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

No weekly shonen jump this week which means that we won't see any Taichos, VCs or Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fights we now have to wait till next week
Old 2008-08-13, 06:20   Link #98
wirajati

A Bankai to deal with fraccion? then a bankai is over-rated.
Old 2008-08-13, 07:48   Link #99
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirajati View Post
A Bankai to deal with fraccion? then a bankai is over-rated.
Hitseguya, Ikkaku and Renji all needed bankai to beat numbers 11-20 in the Arrancar arc. So let's not underrate the fraccion, who should also be around that level. But basically, you are right about bankai being over-rated......it's lost some of it's mystique as a power-up for the elite of the elite.
Old 2008-08-13, 10:10   Link #100
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The common counter to energy sucking techniques in anime is to output more energy than they can absorb.

So while his tech seem haxed right now, there's no way it would work on someone like Ichigo or Kenpachi.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion