AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-07, 23:05   Link #81
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

hmm okay...its just Ive never seen a picture of his bankai where he keeps his robes intact.
Old 2009-06-08, 02:10   Link #82
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He hasn't used it enough times to tell either...but hey, Ichigo was beaten up in his fight with Byakuya and got himself a nice outfit after bankai, so maybe Ikkaku being shirtless is his way of reflecting the "no defense" theme his bankai follows.
Old 2009-06-08, 02:20   Link #83
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, if you're refuring to Soi Fons bankai, I don't think so. if its deadly I belive he'd just Hollow Flash Step behind her and chop her Other arm off

if it wasnt deadly enough he'll just fire a Cero to OP it.
yeah arrancar ichigo kinda likes chopin' & blowin' stuff up
Old 2009-06-08, 02:29   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
yeah arrancar ichigo kinda likes chopin' & blowin' stuff up
So does Ichigo. He chopped off Yammys arm remember?

I wonder they never just chop the heads off.
Old 2009-06-08, 03:36   Link #85
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So does Ichigo. He chopped off Yammys arm remember?

I wonder they never just chop the heads off.
yeah I remember...ichigo was so cool back then..."you did this to chad's arm?" chop
well if they woud chop off head then they would be dead...and therefore there wouldn't be fighting...and especialy in espada's case kubo would need to think of new character...new design, abilities and resurrected form...or it's not character who enjoys choping limbs off but the autor like autor of claymore he/she (not sure now who is making claymore) definitely likes to chop off limbs of pretty girls
Old 2009-06-08, 06:05   Link #86
kitten320

Quote:
Yea, if you're refuring to Soi Fons bankai, I don't think so. if its deadly I belive he'd just Hollow Flash Step behind her and chop her Other arm off

if it wasnt deadly enough he'll just fire a Cero to OP it.
Well Ulquiorra did manage to sneak on him in order to blow him what resulted for Ichigo to turn back... she can sneak too.

But I think there will be neede combination of several Bankai in order to defeat him.

For example combinaion between Soi Fon/ Byakuya or Hitsugaya/Byakuya could work. They would distract while she would get a nice shot.
Old 2009-06-08, 06:59   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you'll meed to completly immoblize him, and we've already seen Ichigo take down Bakuya's bankai with a fury of slashes at light speed. the second Soi Fon fires that ArranCar ichigo will most likely see it and just shonpo out of the way behind her.
Old 2009-06-08, 07:04   Link #88
kitten320

Quote:
you'll meed to completly immoblize him, and we've already seen Ichigo take down Bakuya's bankai with a fury of slashes at light speed. the second Soi Fon fires that ArranCar ichigo will most likely see it and just shonpo out of the way behind her.
Well he didn't see Ulquiorra, did he?

Then it will be combination of all 3 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Just thinking, about Ikkaku's bankai when he uses it is the shredding the top part of the robes part of it? Or was that just due to the damage before going bankai?
If believe 2nd movie that it is part of his bankai since he was fully dressed when he said bankai and afterwards his torso was already naked.
Old 2009-06-08, 07:21   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

he didnt bother dodging or even going all out on Ulquiorra, once he was Arrancar he's instinct knew he could easly beat him. So why bother waste energy in dodging a attack while he can just stand there and take it like nothing?

I can see you would try to defend Soi Fon's Bankai but i really don't think it's enough to take him down. and i doubt Barragan is even badly hurt by it.
Old 2009-06-08, 07:28   Link #90
kitten320

Quote:
he didnt bother dodging or even going all out on Ulquiorra, once he was Arrancar he's instinct knew he could easly beat him. So why bother waste energy in dodging a attack while he can just stand there and take it like nothing?

I can see you would try to defend Soi Fon's Bankai but i really don't think it's enough to take him down. and i doubt Barragan is even badly hurt by it.
Don't you think you are giving Hollow Ichigo too much credit? How do you know that he didn't use his full potential?
And if he felt so confident that Ulquiorra won't do a thing to him, then why did his mask crumble and he fell uncosiouse? I think you are overstimating him a bit...

But whatever... none captain except Yamamoto will be able to take him down one on one.

P.S. Besides someone has to protect her bankai here
And what kinda irritates me is the fact that you people are talking about it like if you have seen it for ages when in reality you saw only several small panels and only in last one you saw her shooting it. You still have no idea what is it's after effect, what if it has more abilities, several stages?

I would understand this judgement if you saw it for 5-10 chapters in full action but from several small panels? Aren't you a bit unfair?

And yeh she did say that it slows her down and stuff... but hey! It is HER bankai! I repeat HER. You might not be able to do anything good with it but SHE might have got used to it and found out some tricks about how to use it more efficiently.

I admit that I also expected something more interesting but after giving it a thought, I simply can't make a conclusion just yet. I need to see more. And that is what I recommend to everybody... stop bitching around about it and give Soi Fon a chance to show more of it. If it is only a one shot without any hidden tricks like for example having small "X" written somewhere on it, then yeh. You can continue to say what you think. Right now let's just calm down and wait.

P.S.S. And dear Kyero Fox... I would be quiet about her bankai if you weren't so kind enough to highlight it... like if other bankais are perfect... Ikkaku's also is damn big and also has nothing similar to his shikai.

Last edited by kitten320; 2009-06-08 at 07:55.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:15   Link #91
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

whats with the Caps HER and SHE? lol

Her Bankai is huge and way to noticeable for a long range weapon. Ikkaku's is more fitting for his character than Soi Fon's his Shikai can spit into three seperate sticks (with Chains attaching them) and his Bankai is simular, Unlike Soi Fons. from a glove weapon to a huge Cannon Mounted arm.

who does Soi Fon think she is, Megaman?

I like soi fon but her bankai is rediculous @_@
Old 2009-06-08, 11:26   Link #92
kitten320

Quote:
whats with the Caps HER and SHE? lol

Her Bankai is huge and way to noticeable for a long range weapon. Ikkaku's is more fitting for his character than Soi Fon's his Shikai can spit into three seperate sticks (with Chains attaching them) and his Bankai is simular, Unlike Soi Fons. from a glove weapon to a huge Cannon Mounted arm.

who does Soi Fon think she is, Megaman?
Just making my point clear. I'm pretty much sure that if you will give Byakuya her bankai, he will wonder where the triggere is while she wiil think "How the hell do you control those crazy flowers?!"

You have no idea what her bankai can do. She might do things with it about which you might have never thought about. No one knows her bankai better than her. She might weild it better than you can imagine.

She explodes things. When you piss her off, she also explodes so in some way it does suit her. Besides how does speed suit Ichigo? He is kinda slow you know... Or a snake for Renji?

She still wears it on her hand, but at bigger size.
I actually don't see any connection between Ikkaku's shikai and bankai. It was a stick which turned into Axe! Where is a connection? Because it has chains? Well as I said Soi Fon still wears it on her hand so here you go.

And who does Hitsugaya think he is... God?

You people should start to think more... or stop thinking completly
Old 2009-06-08, 11:26   Link #93
Andrius

It's funny how people are comparing Soi Fon's bankai and hollow Ichigo when we know pretty much nothing about either of them.
We don't even know what her bankai does, and hollow Ichigo is strong, but stupid enough to have his mask shattered without someone (either Ichigo or inner hollow) really controlling him.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:30   Link #94
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Just making my point clear. I'm pretty much sure that if you will give Byakuya her bankai, he will wonder where the triggere is while she wiil think "How the hell do you control those crazy flowers?!"

You have no idea what her bankai can do. She might do things with it about which you might have never thought about. No one knows her bankai better than her. She might weild it better than you can imagine.

She explodes things. When you piss her off, she also explodes so in some way it does suit her. Besides how does speed suit Ichigo? He is kinda slow you know... Or a snake for Renji?

She still wears it on her hand, but at bigger size.
I actually don't see any connection between Ikkaku's shikai and bankai. It was a stick which turned into Axe! Where is a connection? Because it has chains? Well as I said Soi Fon still wears it on her hand so here you go.

And who does Hitsugaya think he is... God?

You people should start to think more... or stop thinking completly
She hates her own bankai, not much to imagin what she can do with it when she never uses it =\

and theres no reason for you to get Rude you know.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:31   Link #95
SeanQ

Those aren't axes used by Ikkaku dummy, and Soi Fon is not a girl so quit using a "She" it was proven that Soi Fon is a "HE" when she had an erection and released on Barragan.
________
MARY JANE

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:49.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:33   Link #96
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrius View Post
It's funny how people are comparing Soi Fon's bankai and hollow Ichigo when we know pretty much nothing about either of them.
We don't even know what her bankai does, and hollow Ichigo is strong, but stupid enough to have his mask shattered without someone (either Ichigo or inner hollow) really controlling him.
Yeh, that was the point I was trying to make.
We can't judge Soi Fon's bankai at all right now!

And we can't really judge Ichigo since we also didn't see much. And saying that he allowed to be attacked is really unbelievable

Besides Hollow Ichigo has no connection to bankai... my suggestion is to fully forget about Hollow Ichigo here and stop comparing Soi Fon's bankai and saying that it sucks untill you see what it really does! And not from some several panels -_-

So thank you!
Old 2009-06-08, 11:39   Link #97
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

/sigh fine, but don't get upset if it turns out to be useless

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-06-08 at 11:50.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:44   Link #98
kitten320

Quote:
She hates her own bankai, not much to imagin what she can do with it when she never uses it =\

and theres no reason for you to get Rude you know.
Hisagi hates his shikai and somehow it didn't look like he can't control it
Actually he had aweasome control over it! Try to swing something like this without losing your head or arm

So why should Soi Fon be an exception?

And where did I get rude? I didn't say anything mean.

Besides it gets really irritating when Soi Fon is always looked down... At first people were "She has no bankai!" Why no one ever said that Ukitake doesn't have one? Or maybe Shunsui or Yoruichi? It was always said SOI FON.

Now that she hates her bankai it means she can't control it, but everyone forgot that Hisagi also hates his shikai but has no problems with it.

Soi Fon tied herself up to the building... "She is an idiot! Her rocket won't do a thing and now Barragan will eat her alife since she is tied up!" till now I don't remeber her ever doing anything stupid... do you really expect her to sit there and hope for the miracle and if no, then simply die? She is a captain! And smart one!

Somehow no one ever really bothered to say same thing about othere characters when they seemed to be in horrible situations -_-

You people are being simply unfair! You are talking about het like if she is some shinigami beginer and not captain who actually is a strong one.

I'm sorry about that outburst but I really can't stand it! If there is something wrong, Soi Fon is always put under blame! She isn't an outcast!

I don't like Hitsugaya, but I never put him down so much!

Quote:
/sigh fine, but don't get opset if it turns out to be useless
If it really will be useless, I will allow you to say whatever you want.

But don't forget the strategy Kubo likes to use... even if it really was a one-shot rocket(hope not), then there could be more to it... it could be poisonouse and poison could take effect after another 10 chapters.
Old 2009-06-08, 11:54   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

whos the idiot that said tieing her self up to the building is stupid? Uh its obvious that she did that to keep her from flying back from the blast. Dur

and the only reason I don't see Soi Fon finishing Barragan is because that would be too easy. same with Haliba, I dount she is dead yet.

I look down upon Soi Fons bankai not her, it would have been more awesome if her Bankai covered entire body with armor exactly like her glove, pretty much any hit with her feet or hands will kill the target (if hit Twice)

not a Bankai that she hates. Isnt that getting a bit Cliche?

whos next? Shunsui doesn't like his Bankai because it ruins his appearance?
Old 2009-06-08, 12:33   Link #100
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Okay, ive think I typed this before but...oh wait yea I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
The reason why people are irked about Soi Fons bankai regardless of how she personally feels about it, it doesnt seem to have a strong relation to her shilkai. Soi Fons bankai for the moment doesnt seem to represent anything about her.

Sure other shinigami may personally not like or not like to use their shikai but it relates to their way of thinking. While Yumichika doesnt want to show its kidou based abilities it still reflects his appreciation for beauty. Hisagi may not like to use his Shikai but its lethal appearance represent his mindset that warriors should fear their own weapon/power.
EDIT: As for Renji's snake - its segmented like his Shikai and used in the same fashion as well, pretty much like a segmented sword/whip. Also his zanpaktous spiritual manifestation is a snake or at least half of it.

The only thing contradictory between the bankai and the user was really Ichigo, but him being the protagonist and more unique than the other Shinigami he usually is the exception.

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2009-06-08 at 13:01.
Closed Thread