AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 11:46   Link #1141
Patch&Quilt

Good episode, lol @ Shizuo trying to hit his brother with a fridge...crazy fool.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 13:49   Link #1142
Battler-kun

ZEHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Izaya is just god.

I laughed my ass off seeing how Shizuo raged, raged and raged again.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:10   Link #1143
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for tl;drs:

Yes I sound too negative. But I can't help after being drilled by that RL lecture orz I'm still hoping this will be having a really good selling though despite my negativity! ;-;

DOUBLE EDIT (This is far too awesome not to fangirl) : I KNOW IT YANA TOBOSO IS A BIG DURARARA!! FANGIRL AHAHAHAHAHAHA -shot- (I was having doubts that she done that pics out of necessity as a G-Fan author, but lmao that doubt was already dissipated BD)
That is very true. I forgot how much the otaku looked forward to Railgun . The big difference is that no one really knew about Drrr till now.

Female otakus/fujoshi buying power is still pretty strong. Kuroshitsuji first volume sold 20k, Hetalia first volume sold 28k (after a whole year though). Pixiv statistc shows how popular Drrr is with female audience (oh god...more then 50% of Drrr fanart has Izaya in it...).

Also, I think some fans would wait for a bit for now. This is obviously produced in HD yet they're only releasing a DVD. I wouldn't be surprise after 1 year this has been aired, there would be a BD-boxset.

Let's just wait till next week.

Oh yea...where's the character singles? They got a whole bunch of fujoshi favourite seiyuus, they're going to force them to sing right?
Old 2010-02-20, 14:22   Link #1144
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Oh yea...where's the character singles? They got a whole bunch of fujoshi favourite seiyuus, they're going to force them to sing right?
As I know 1st volume of DVD gives you:
-Shinra's gaiden
-Kida's karaoke: "Linda Linda" by The Blue Hearts
-pic of Shizuo and Izaya
-Mikado's character card
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:30   Link #1145
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Dunno if this was posted before...
Spoiler for Gender Bender contains spoilers click at own risk:

I SO approve of Izaya in his female form...

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-02-20 at 16:42.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:36   Link #1146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah the gender bender images have appeared quite a bit of pixiv as of late.
Old 2010-02-20, 14:50   Link #1147
herbert

Shinra looks indifferent between male and female.
Old 2010-02-20, 15:22   Link #1148
Lightseeker

That gender-bending fanart actually contain huge spoilers.
Lightseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 15:34   Link #1149
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseeker View Post
Which is why it's in a spoiler tab~~ Just like the novel covers on the 1st post of this topic =).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 15:45   Link #1150
tsunade666

what that could be a huge spoiler? then if that's the case I had already a idea on the identity of one. I thought its just your average fan made one.

Though I like izahaya in female mode.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 15:52   Link #1151
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseeker View Post
Those of us who are unaware of the spoilers would have remained happily ignorant if you had not mentioned that.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:46   Link #1152
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Posting images with spoilers has a fine line since it doesn't deal right with the epi. If you know something you're posting has spoilers please say it in the spoiler tags since a lot of time tags are simply used for hiding large images. I edited the tag.

If the spoiler is what I think I see then to me if no big deal to me since me line of thinking was going that way but remember be courtious to everyone in the thread
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 18:47   Link #1153
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wow, that gender bender spoiler just f***ed me up. Spoilers MUCH?
How the hell am I suppose to enjoy DRRR now that I know some genres are false / traps?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 18:50   Link #1154
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
How the hell am I suppose to enjoy DRRR now that I know some genres are false / traps?
I'm not quite sure what this means.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:55   Link #1155
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Maggare OnoD is also confirmed to sing character song...

... Which comes with vol 3 DVD Limited Edition.

-Cue wallets drying up even further-

They are definitely going to continue this trend, and that will assure some hardcore CV fans to buy the DVD, heh. I am not going to accept no Kamiyan or FukuJun songs, certainly they are the perfect bait for every single fans :| Sorry, but not sure on wanting Toyonaga's, prolly because I don't know who he is orz

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 19:44   Link #1156
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Episode 7 was great, Shizuo is just awesome he is now officially my favorite character in Durarara. I though it was funny when he threw the power ranger at the kids birthday party, I couldn't stop laughing at that.

I hope we get to see some more of Shizuo in the future he is just too awesome. Really looking forward to the next episode.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 19:45   Link #1157
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Maggare OnoD is also confirmed to sing character song...

... Which comes with vol 3 DVD Limited Edition.

-Cue wallets drying up even further-

They are definitely going to continue this trend, and that will assure some hardcore CV fans to buy the DVD, heh. I am not going to accept no Kamiyan or FukuJun songs, certainly they are the perfect bait for every single fans :| Sorry, but not sure on wanting Toyonaga's, prolly because I don't know who he is orz
BUT FukuJun and Kamiyan can't sing a single note...Have you heard Lelouch's character song? It ripped my ears, no matter how much I love FukuJun's voice acting or Lelouch.

Toyonaga played 2 characters in Katekyo Hitman Reborn, he sung a character song for one of them. Pretty average vocals for a male seiyuu, it's not amazing but not terrible like FukuJun. Pretty much on OnoD's level, but I'm using OnoD's Haruhi live as comparison.

Why do I want Kana-chan to sing one too? I loved Renai Circulation...
Old 2010-02-20, 20:04   Link #1158
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
BUT FukuJun and Kamiyan can't sing a single note...Have you heard Lelouch's character song? It ripped my ears, no matter how much I love FukuJun's voice acting or Lelouch.

Toyonaga played 2 characters in Katekyo Hitman Reborn, he sung a character song for one of them. Pretty average vocals for a male seiyuu, it's not amazing but not terrible like FukuJun. Pretty much on OnoD's level, but I'm using OnoD's Haruhi live as comparison.

Why do I want Kana-chan to sing one too? I loved Renai Circulation...
In all honesty, I don't consider FukuJun as one of good singer, trust me. But damn, he is so popular for some reason... Pffft @ Zero's power! I only consider him since he could boost some sales as much as I feel deterrent towards him~

As for Kamiyan himself, it's actually half hit or miss in all honesty Although I do can see why it's easy to think most of his songs are so off-notch lmao Not helping that some of the composition of the music itself are... Hmm, weird is not the word here, but close to weird. Still, if he hit the notch good enough, or he's not using his usual higher pitch when singing songs, I think it would be okay for most part

Although, in all honesty, that might be because I have heard too much of seiyuu songs that I consider Kamiyan to be at least 7/10 in a scale of CV singers. There are practically songs that are far worse than his occasional off-notches, imho Yuuichi Nakamura included BD;; That and the fact that they are not trained for singing~ Female songs are usually ranked higher in my books if I actually want to be very objective.

I still want to kick someone who decides we can get Miyano's character song first though. :I Tonally his songs are good, but damn if I say that they really lack feelings so much orz Oh well, at least the box cover from Amazon is ahem, good gracious I'm seeing something good there!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 21:34   Link #1159
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Those of us who are unaware of the spoilers would have remained happily ignorant if you had not mentioned that.
Well it's not like we weren't discussing that possbility here anyways. It was obvious from the type of comparison made earlier imo.

Izaya looks good as a female.

What's with Kida singing Linda Linda Linda?
Old 2010-02-20, 21:38   Link #1160
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well it's not like we weren't discussing that possbility here anyways. It was obvious from the type of comparison made earlier imo.

Izaya looks good as a female.

What's with Kida singing Linda Linda Linda?
Obvious is not confirmation though, and some might not have been following the conversation the entire time.

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen