AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 14:42   Link #181
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Then that's karma

It's not like inter-series bashing ever stops anyway :/ just standing up for my favourite one.
You know what's the real enemy? The never ending blather of irrational hate.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:52   Link #182
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's not like I as a fellow internet user can do anything about it <_< I just cannot quite stand for people making criticism based on incomplete information.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 21:33   Link #183
Fluttershy

During the Seiji arc, Haru did some research into "old" tech. One such piece of tech, was a fledgling tech full vr helmet, named the "Nerve Gear"
Fluttershy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:56   Link #184
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...and so? That the technology appears doesn't make any more concrete a connection, than say, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva, and all the other entities consistently appearing in every FF game. (Save for FFVII and FFX.)
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:48   Link #185
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

That was only the anime. The LN didn't even mention the words "Nerve Gear". The details that Haru researched just described it as a headgear-type VR machine.
Spoiler for vol4, ch8:

Though the release month for that technology in AW coincidentally matches the release month of the Nerve Gear in SAO.
Spoiler for SAO vol1, ch2:
Spoiler for AW vol4, ch8:

Take that however you will I guess.
Still on the side that says they're not connected.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:49   Link #186
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Not sure if anyone brought this point up before, but the ability of a Neuro Linker to erase memories seems handy for making everyone forget
Spoiler for SAO Alicization:
that (to me, at least) seems to be the biggest obstacle between connecting SAO and AW. If the reception of the Underword really went south, Kirito might've had to do something drastic like that to save it.

Just food for thought.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 08:54   Link #187
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
Not sure if anyone brought this point up before, but the ability of a Neuro Linker to erase memories seems handy for making everyone forget
Spoiler for SAO Alicization:
that (to me, at least) seems to be the biggest obstacle between connecting SAO and AW. If the reception of the Underword really went south, Kirito might've had to do something drastic like that to save it.

Just food for thought.
True. The other option is that they created another Underworld and deleted that instead in front of the public to put the matter to rest. Essentially, it is to buy time for the real Underworld and to allow the public to gradually accept the prospect of FL's. After all in AW, vehicles are now controlled by A.I. In time, the public would be more receptive of FL's.

The question would be where is Yui? She's currently on the net looking for Kayaba's FL. Wouldn't she notice the BB program while in her search?
Old 2013-05-31, 18:38   Link #188
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Uh, I dunno if creating another Underworld would work -
Spoiler for Just in case:
and besides, people might demand proof of the destruction via RATH handing over the servers. Memory erasure is the only way to prevent people from AW from even referencing it, anyway.

Yui doesn't have to intrude in BB. Oh, she might investigate it to see if there's a connection to Kayaba, and would definitely tell Kirito about it, but there's no need to reveal it to the world as long it's not going to be fatal to its participants. For all we know she's in BB herself, in the background...somewhere, doing...something.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 10:43   Link #189
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
Uh, I dunno if creating another Underworld would work -
Spoiler for Just in case:
and besides, people might demand proof of the destruction via RATH handing over the servers. Memory erasure is the only way to prevent people from AW from even referencing it, anyway.

Yui doesn't have to intrude in BB. Oh, she might investigate it to see if there's a connection to Kayaba, and would definitely tell Kirito about it, but there's no need to reveal it to the world as long it's not going to be fatal to its participants. For all we know she's in BB herself, in the background...somewhere, doing...something.
Then transfer or copy the Underworld to a new server before handing it over. One of the properties of FL's is that they can be copied. Which brings some horror since both FL's and human are more or less equals.

Regarding Yui:

Spoiler for Crack Theory:
Old 2013-06-12, 05:30   Link #190
roxxylxox

there was a crossover rite?

Kirito and Silver Crow (Haruyuki) fought in Sword Art Online : Versus
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Versus
roxxylxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 10:17   Link #191
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Well, yes. However, whether it is canon or not is still up in the air. It is a possibility but the author is being cryptic about it.
Old 2013-12-27, 20:57   Link #192
LeBeakofJustice

Quote:
Kawahara claims the story is non-canonical, but he recycled so many ideas in Accel World that it's hard not to imagine AW as being SAO's future.
I think one example of this is the nerve gear.

In one of the Accel World episodes,
Spoiler for Context:
Haru saw a picture of a helmet like the one Kazuto uses on a website that looks like Wikipedia.
LeBeakofJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 22:22   Link #193
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeakofJustice View Post
I think one example of this is the nerve gear.

In one of the Accel World episodes,
Spoiler for Context:
Haru saw a picture of a helmet like the one Kazuto uses on a website that looks like Wikipedia.
That just mean they are of similar tech tree.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 00:21   Link #194
l.kostas

From Reki's episode 10 commentary:
SAO's VR space was completed with merely the brain and the full-dive machine.
If that could grant the power to repel bullets, it could rob one of the power to move one's avatar too.
I included the《Zero Fill Phenomenon》into "Accel World" when inspired by this scene later on, but that's a different story…
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 09:08   Link #195
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Here's some fuel for new theories on how SAO and AW are connected from AW's latest volume.

Spoiler for Enjoy:

Spoiler for Speculation: