AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-26, 18:04   Link #10721
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Volume 19, chapter 3 is now complete.

To be honest, even if Stephanie has a "Nyag ha ha" laugh, Kinuhata is still cooler. ♥♥Measure Heart♥♥

And to be honest there is no way that Misaki is a Motoi character, is "too much of a big role" for Haimura skipping that, plus she even looks like the Awaki rejects from volume 8.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-05-26 at 18:22.
Old 2011-05-26, 19:34   Link #10722
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

"W-What?! I can't read his thoughts! What's with this guy?!?!"

*Starts chasing after him*
Misaka: *also chasing* I-Idiot! What are you doing with that high horse!
Touma: Wait I can explain--
Misaka: *fires Railgun* Accept responsibility!!!
Touma: FUKOU DAAA!!

And the epic story between the Queen and the Railgun evolves further.
Old 2011-05-26, 20:40   Link #10723
ellifeedn
Thinker

I feel it's rather early to be making speculations and fanfics from just one chapter of the Misaka manga.
Old 2011-05-26, 21:04   Link #10724
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I feel it's rather early to be making speculations and fanfics from just one chapter of the Misaka manga.
What're you talking about? This is the sort of thing fanfic writers thrive off of! Just ask the people who manage to write an entire fanfic over one line, let alone an entire *chapter*.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:50   Link #10725
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
What're you talking about? This is the sort of thing fanfic writers thrive off of! Just ask the people who manage to write an entire fanfic over one line, let alone an entire *chapter*.
Fanfics can be born and even become popular when only a mere theory exists. See: AccelAwaki Angry Sex.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:58   Link #10726
Sumeragi
Banned

I would prefer an orgy among the new ITEM members. It's canon, but hey, it'll be fun to see Shiage die from massive nosebleed
Old 2011-05-26, 23:06   Link #10727
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Volume 19, Chapter 4 Part 1

And so, Aiwass makes its debut. AiwassxAccelerator? Any takers?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-26, 23:48   Link #10728
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Thats what Id said, but nobody including myself would listen
Old 2011-05-26, 23:54   Link #10729
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, he didn't. Also, the Touma before the memory whip showed an interest on her and was somehow obsessed to see her smile once again.

EDIT:
I've read some interesting theories about the "secret chiefs" and one of them was speculation about Bardway being one of those Secret Chiefs and the chance she's related to Anna Sprengel or maybe she is Anna Sprengel herself.
Well Dawn Coloured Sunlight sounds damn similar to Golden Dawn...
Old 2011-05-27, 00:05   Link #10730
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Holy shit, i'm a bastard I already betrayed Mikoto the same way I did for Hinagiku to A-tan,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what I deserve is worse than dying.

Kyon-kun, I'm looking forward to your next masterpiece.
Nay, he'll write one with Accelerator in Touma's stead.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-05-27, 00:06   Link #10731
NightGale

Itīs been bugging me since i saw that image of Shokuhou Misaki (Misaka->Misaki, i doubt that the author did that for lack of imagination so that must mean something...), was it real that between the war accomplishments of the Delta Trio member number 3: Aogami Pierce, was a true battle of life and death between going past her vanguard and asked her (Misaki) out? or was that a fanfic to justify his supposed Number 6 lvl 5 candidacy?
Old 2011-05-27, 00:09   Link #10732
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Itīs been bugging me since i saw that image of Shokuhou Misaki (Misaka->Misaki, i doubt that the author did that for lack of imagination so that must mean something...), was it real that between the war accomplishments of the Delta Trio member number 3: Aogami Pierce, was a true battle of life and death between going past her vanguard and asked her (Misaki) out? or was that a fanfic to justify his supposed Number 6 lvl 5 candidacy?
Even if Aogami says so himself in canon, one can expect less than believing him.

Unless if he, like Tsuchimikado, is a sly b'ard and one can really wonder if that happened, and that he got past her vanguards like how he dodged all the projectiles during a Daihaseisai match only to reach her and get rejected.

Old 2011-05-27, 00:12   Link #10733
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Itīs been bugging me since i saw that image of Shokuhou Misaki (Misaka->Misaki, i doubt that the author did that for lack of imagination so that must mean something...)
I wrote earlier about the meaning of the kanji making up the name Misaki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Interestingly enough, the name Misaki means "Wish for control".
It's just a coincidence that the name sounds familiar, never mind that you're mixing up a personal name (Misaki) with a surname (Misaka).
Old 2011-05-27, 00:15   Link #10734
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Even if Aogami says so himself in canon, one can expect less than believing him.

Unless if he, like Tsuchimikado, is a sly b'ard and one can really wonder if that happened, and that he got past her vanguards like how he dodged all the projectiles during a Daihaseisai match only to reach her and get rejected.
Oh, so it indeed was canon... Personally, i wouldnīt underestimate the power of his libido, he would have survived that daihasei battle armed with that alone, if Touma hadnīt poured a bucket of cold water on it. With that in mind, my vote is that he dodged the vanguards and got mercilessly shot down...

Quote:
It's just a coincidence that the name sounds familiar, never mind that you're mixing up a personal name (Misaki) with a surname (Misaka).
Yeah, i know that one is a surname and the other a name, i meant that if the author went out of his way to make them sound similar it must mean something.
On a side note, are those the only kanji to write "Wish for control"? is that the only way of reading it? it may or may not say something about how much is a coincidence and how much is intended.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:36   Link #10735
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Oh, so it indeed was canon... Personally, i wouldnīt underestimate the power of his libido, he would have survived that daihasei battle armed with that alone, if Touma hadnīt poured a bucket of cold water on it. With that in mind, my vote is that he dodged the vanguards and got mercilessly shot down...
I don't really remember whether it was canon or not, but knowing Aogami he might've made the story up on the spot, or that he really did and he ended up hilariously rejected.

Old 2011-05-27, 00:40   Link #10736
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well Dawn Coloured Sunlight sounds damn similar to Golden Dawn...
Dawn-colored Sunlight's main goal is removing the distinction and separation between Science and Magic. They also study people who stand above others and monitor those with power and influence, like Golden Dawn; which was the most powerful magic cabal in England, hence why they infiltrated it and became a sub-group affiliated to them over time. DS at first wasn't even a magical organisation, it was meant to gather knowledge so that it may rule over the world.

At least that's what I got from the wiki pages...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:41   Link #10737
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, i know that one is a surname and the other a name, i meant that if the author went out of his way to make them sound similar it must mean something.
Not really. There's quite a few kanji that have the same sound, so thinking of using how you say a name to without referring to the characters will make you lost.

Quote:
On a side note, are those the only kanji to write "Wish for control"? is that the only way of reading it? it may or may not say something about how much is a coincidence and how much is intended.
You have to look at it the other way: "Wish for control" is the only logical meaning that comes out of the specific kanji, not changing the kanji to fit the meaning.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:52   Link #10738
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Two words. In CAPS.

DO IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I second this motion.
I'll wait for the chapter to come out before writing the fic. Though from lurking this forum I have a good idea on how it will play out already in my head

Expect misfortune of the highest order - with collateral damage extending to more than one young maiden's heart and watch the collective hearts of those related to the three people involved get dragged down into despair stunned beyond their wildest dreams.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:55   Link #10739
NightGale

Quote:
Not really. There's quite a few kanji that have the same sound, so thinking of using how you say a name to without referring to the characters will make you lost.
Hmm, well since i donīt know proper japanese gramatics i can only guess based on a popular and simple to understand example: "Kamijou", just like when Kanzaki hearing his name though his name was written with the Kanji to "The one who cleanses God" and how it was said that "The one higher than God" is also read "Kamijou", so i though that maybe the author wanted to create a similar effect or... just a lame, lame pun.

Quote:
You have to look at it the other way: "Wish for control" is the only logical meaning that comes out of the specific kanji, not changing the kanji to fit the meaning.
Hmm, so thatīs how it works?... and about my second question, is there any other way to read those specific Kanji? just curious.
Old 2011-05-27, 00:58   Link #10740
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, well since i donīt know proper japanese gramatics i can only guess based on a popular and simple to understand example: "Kamijou", just like when Kanzaki hearing his name though his name was written with the Kanji to "The one who cleanses God" and how it was said that "The one higher than God" is also read "Kamijou", so i though that maybe the author wanted to create a similar effect or... just a lame, lame pun.
Actually, the original Kamijou means "Upper Branch". However, you COULD change the kanji to different things, mainly because "Kami" has few corresponding kanjis to it.

Quote:
Hmm, so thatīs how it works?... and about my second question, is there any other way to read those specific Kanji? just curious.
If you mean the meaning, no.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen