AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 23:41   Link #1
ironmanx
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to ironmanx Send a message via MSN to ironmanx
Inu Yasha

Heya,

I just bought the first DVD eps 1-3. Anyone else have this DVD or any DVD's from the Inu Yasha series? (R1 that is) If so are they well done?
ironmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:34   Link #2
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanx
Heya,

I just bought the first DVD eps 1-3. Anyone else have this DVD or any DVD's from the Inu Yasha series? (R1 that is) If so are they well done?
If we ignore the untranslated songs (i believe there is no t/l on the dvd) and an editor who likes to simplify things too much, then I guess you can say they are done well.

(I personally hate them, the way they edit the subs, the lack of song t/l, the ep count per disc, and the minimal extras.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:41   Link #3
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Nah, I only have the Inuyasha 1st Movie DVD...
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 03:27   Link #4
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Which is a bootleg, as none of the Inu-Yasha movies are licensed for R1... =p
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 18:28   Link #5
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I have the first DVD and I find it really well done.
It's even dubbed in Canada
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 01:14   Link #6
tikalchao

Question Inuyasha Question......

Ok, this is a REALLY stupid Q, but recently a friend who dosn't get cabel asked me if I could tape a few episodes of Inuyasha for her. Ok, not much problem, until yesterday at a local bookstore I was aimlessly browsing through the manga section, and found that the Inuyasha manga was rated Older Teen, but I didn't get a chance to look through it cuz the store was closing. I don't want either me or my friend to get in trouble for watching Inuyasha if the show is bad either, we both have very overprotective parents, who would probably get pretty mad if we watched anything rated over a PG13 level, so I was wondering does Inuyasha have anything that is umm........ mature content?

Thanx!
~TikalChao~
tikalchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 01:20   Link #7
method

Mostly violence from the episodes I've seen. There is no actually nudity displayed on screen.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 01:26   Link #8
ramune

yeah the violence is one thing. the other thing might be what the perverted monk (miroku) does, like grabbing butts and stuff. also there are a few shower scene, but they won't go over the line.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 07:18   Link #9
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

-> Moved to DVD & Licensed
Old 2004-02-18, 17:50   Link #10
daliinn

Well if you are recording it off adult swim there will be no nudity. The mangas however have some mild nudity. Also the cursing is mild to. Things like "Hell" and "ass" but nothing extreme.

In other words its not much worse than watching the simpsons
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 18:27   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Don't worry about it, they edit the show to take out anything that might be inappropriate for little kids. You aren't seeing the original japanese version although they don't hack it up too badly.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 16:52   Link #12
mirichan

On the other hand, if you are watching it on YTV (Canadian cable channel), note that there is a reason it shows from 10:00 pm to 11:00 on Friday nights.

Contrary to the version shown on US TV, the version we see in Canada is not edited for content!
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 17:58   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
Contrary to the version shown on US TV, the version we see in Canada is not edited for content!
You lucky bastards! I am so envious.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 04:06   Link #14
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

don't be, we miss out on so many good channles and we barely get the amount of anime you guys get. I've found watching anie on Tv to be pointless I gave up on it. They always kill most my fav parts, watch the subbed version and buy the DVD. That's the only way for me. I know for some this is impossible but if it's available take it, save yourself the headache of Schedules(I had an american dish here in Canada for a while...yes obviosuly illegal) on Cartoon Network I found that adult swim was far to unreliable wiht show's, this is not their fault but liscensing yadda yadda yadda, you get 1/3 through a shwo and they take you back to the start or throw in anohter show that they only show have of then never airt again :S..... drove me nut's. Keep up on what's coming out by watching fansubs then buy what you want when it get's to NA.
CrimsonFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 17:17   Link #15
tikalchao

Thanx!
I taped a few eps., and I'm completely hooked!
And with the mangas they're only rated older teen for nuditey and swearing! Ha! Americas so uptight! (I can say that cuz I live in the US) So in that case i'll be getting the manga anaways! When I was little my parents took me and bro to art museums and stuff, teaching us some culture, so I highly doubt the manga can really compare with that, (ya'll probably know that there are very few museums where you can get away with not seeing any unclothed paintings and such)
Thanx for the help everyone!
tikalchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 10:21   Link #16
Jump

Inu Yasha

Just out of curiousity, what episode is it on in Japan now?

Thanks.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 10:46   Link #17
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

ep 144 airs next Monday in Japan. They're into the story about Hakudoushi and Entei now.
Old 2004-02-28, 20:18   Link #18
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
is inuyasha still good?? i lost interest around 129 after all that eps i cant believe they are still after naraku -_-'
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:37   Link #19
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Well, he is the main baddie of the show, you know... -_-
Old 2004-02-28, 20:40   Link #20
AnimeFangirl

The bit with Entei is halfway through volume 30, chapter 294 to be precise. Right now the manga is at the beginning of vol. 36, on chapter 349. And yes, they're still after Naraku. At this rate it won't be long before the anime catches up to the manga. I wonder what they'll do then.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen