AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 07:38   Link #161
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Didn't expect that they would follow the historical period and not going full moemoe stuffs and randomness like...errm, sengoku otome(?) And seriously, Nobuna is the best girl in this season.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:49   Link #162
anigu
Game maker

Truly a surprise for this season. But I'm still wondering if they are really going to follow the actual history or not considering the MC knew a lot of history and is capable of altering the timeline somewhere.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:49   Link #163
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
And seriously, Nobuna is the best girl in this season.
Isn't she just?

Ms Sweets might give her a run for her money though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:01   Link #164
Shakiga
Shadow user

There is something about Akechi that I can't pinpoint out but I like her. Nobuna is also good but somehow Akechi just kept made it to the top of my list.
Shakiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:46   Link #165
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
And seriously, Nobuna is the best girl in this season.
Her barbaric swag is impeccable.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 09:07   Link #166
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
he knows the history of Sengoku era......
in other words, if he tell her what happend next then this going to be a boring series.

I would like him to keep his mouth shut and let history take its course......
Well this ep Nobuna did flat out tell him to do just that.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 09:52   Link #167
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
he knows the history of Sengoku era......
in other words, if he tell her what happend next then this going to be a boring series.
Something to think about is that as the story progresses it will become harder and harder for him to predict the future, since he IS changing history as it hapened and it is bound to happen that now there will be events that didn't happen at all during the original sengoku era.

The plot is nice but there is one glaring error, the brassiere was not introduced until 1893. I hope he does not recharge his cellphone since there will be no sources of electricity production/storage for some centuries (and using lightning would not work as in Back to the future).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 15:01   Link #168
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Ha mangamuscle, if you want to be one of those people who nitpick about historical anachronisms and inaccuracies, then you've missed a much bigger one: the shorts that spear loli wears!
Old 2012-07-17, 15:23   Link #169
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Ha mangamuscle, if you want to be one of those people who nitpick about historical anachronisms and inaccuracies, then you've missed a much bigger one: the shorts that spear loli wears!
Shorts? Isn't it painted over her bare skin? :3
Old 2012-07-17, 15:43   Link #170
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Something to think about is that as the story progresses it will become harder and harder for him to predict the future, since he IS changing history as it hapened and it is bound to happen that now there will be events that didn't happen at all during the original sengoku era.
He actually didn't change history here, if you check my previous post. Yes Nobukatsu survived, but he dropped that name and instead took the name of "his son" who did exist. So in the end you still have him gone and "his son" serving Nobunaga which is what happened in real life.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 15:45   Link #171
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Goemon:

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 15:48   Link #172
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
He actually didn't change history here, if you check my previous post. Yes Nobukatsu survived, but he dropped that name and instead took the name of "his son" who did exist. So in the end you still have him gone and "his son" serving Nobunaga which is what happened in real life.
Oh, but he DID change a very fundamental part of history. Nobuna will not be consumed with ambition of conquest at the expense of killing ANYONE that opposes her (and therefore killing what she really holds dear). Nobuna will try to unify nippon for the nation well-being, not for her thirst of power. One could argue that is what diferentiates a tyrant from a statesman.
Old 2012-07-17, 15:58   Link #173
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Seems like the series is not that popular ?

After watched 2 episodes, it was so good, cant believe I even wanted to ignore this series before ...
Characters design, storyline, everything, just said it was so impressive.

Love Nobuna in Yukata too much
Old 2012-07-17, 16:43   Link #174
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Why are sengoku and three kingdom adaptions so loathed overseas, if nothing else the audience must be much more accepting due to the decades of shakespearean adaptions
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 19:05   Link #175
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Why are sengoku and three kingdom adaptions so loathed overseas, if nothing else the audience must be much more accepting due to the decades of shakespearean adaptions
Because except for the Koreans, most people outside Japan and the Sinosphere aren't familiar with the period as compared to European stories/history.

That being said, I have started watching.

*Takes out her katana*
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 20:39   Link #176
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because except for the Koreans, most people outside Japan and the Sinosphere aren't familiar with the period as compared to European stories/history.
Yeah, I learned about the Sengoku of China before of Japan's... never knew it has after I check the internet.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:03   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Didn't expect that they would follow the historical period and not going full moemoe stuffs and randomness like...errm, sengoku otome(?) And seriously, Nobuna is the best girl in this season.
That would be hard to say- Summer traditionally may lack good shows but this season certainly doesn't lack in Best Girls nominees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That being said, I have started watching.

*Takes out her katana*
N-Nono, you don't need to reenact scenes from the episodes to prove your point =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:08   Link #178
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Personally I think it's just the sheer amount of them, IMO we can use some work from other periods like the Spring and Autumn era. I don't remember ever seeing a gender flipped Sun Tzu or Confucius.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:35   Link #179
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Because they're so god darn many of them

I personally don't have any problem with them, but I can relate to that sentiment.

If I here there's a new anime that's based on say.. "The Journey to the West" it will raise my alarms and I'll go "oh, God.. not this again"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:43   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

If I here there's a new anime that's based on say.. "The Journey to the West" it will raise my alarms and I'll go "oh, God.. not this again"
It doesn't even have to be an Anime- Just another Live Drama adaptation would still invoke the same response from me.

I'll look something like this: or

Yes, including the colour.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen