AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2003-11-28, 16:37   Link #61
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ok, I have just completed Chapter 3!
After every chapter, starting now, I will give a few tips and hints

Very Strong Team
I have put together this team, which I find to be
nearly invincable is used correctly.
First, set Yuna as a white mage.
Second, set Rikku and Paine at their default.
Train with them until they learn these abilities.

Yuna:
Cure, Cura, Pray, Esuna, Dispel.

Rikku:
Nothing needed...

Paine:
Flametongue, Ice Brand, Thunder Blade, Liquid Steel,
Demi Sword, Excalibur, Assualt, and all the 'breaks'.

Set Yuna with accesories that raise magic and magic def.
Set Rikku with accesories that raise Magic and a *Magic Ring.
Set Paine with accesories that raise Power and Def.

Now, if you're fighting a normal monster, like a random encounter,

phy. attack with Paine,
use magic or Phy. attack with Rikku,
and use pray with Yuna

If you're fighting a boss, or stronger enemy:

try figuring out the element it's weak against and use one of Paine's elemental slashes [flametongue...etc.]

With Rikku, just simply use a phy. attack and

make Yuna cast 'cure' if the monster hasn't hurt you much or 'cura' if it has dealt a fair amount.

Be sure when using cure to make it affect the whole party by pressing the right directional button.

With that stratagy, I have never had much a problem with any fights.

* Magic rings are those rings which allow you to use magic regardless of your class. [ex. Fire Ring]
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 19:31   Link #62
saku~ya
la~li~lo

My my chibidusk your just bustling through this aren't ya? Let me ask you a question: Have you've been a match maker for the Monkey's in the Zanarkand Dome? And have you've gone all the way through that stuff in Bevelle? The reason I ask is cause it took me awhile to have the monkeys fall in love And I looked at the next section for Bevelle; and I set it aside cause it looks like a long section.

I want to get this item called "ribbon" Supposedly it protects one character from all ailments. As for who I have in my party
Yuna: Gunner Level 22
Rikku: Black Mage Level 24
Paine: Warrior Level 24

I have yet to die since I have been playing. Which I find amazing since I don't do so well sometimes. I like how I don't have to mess with the sphere gird like I did last time. That thing ticked me off so bad. One thing I hated in FFX. I should start Yuna on her White Mage dressphere so she can learn her Cure, Curaga abilities. I like Rikku as a Black Mage. And Paine is doing wonderfullly with being a Warrior.
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 19:40   Link #63
Love Witch
Trying to think...

I have (a copy of) the game...

... but I don't have a PS2 :s

Call me stupid if you want to
Love Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 19:46   Link #64
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

saku~ya:
Yes, I have gone through all the stuff in Bevelle.

Bevelle isn't that long, though it is semi-tough...
Spoiler:

I love the song during the
Spoiler:
battle.

I find it creepy, your characters are around almost the same level as mine ^^

I'll play some more later tonight
Old 2003-11-28, 20:07   Link #65
saku~ya
la~li~lo

My sister is being a dork and not letting me play right now -_-; So I'll just play it for a couple hours tonight around 9. I plan on getting through chapter 2 tomorrow. I wanna see Yuna do her other concert, cause if Im not mistaken she has one more song to sing ^.^
Old 2003-11-28, 20:36   Link #66
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yeah, I think it's 1000words, or something like that.
I really liked the little song she hummed
while she danced on the airship.

I just started chapter 3
Old 2003-11-28, 23:44   Link #67
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Walkthrough!
Hey, I've decided.
There aren't many online walkthroughs,
so I am making one! Expect it to be availible just after Christmas.
Old 2003-11-30, 01:47   Link #68
Mana

Late

Okay, this is really late, I read the first and last page and didn't bother to get what was inbetween, he he. Well, in reply to certain early comments, yes it looks like Charlie's Angels in the beginning. And as for it being a sequel, if I am to pass up one of the Final Fantasy games, it's going to be XI all the way, they disgust me, trying to rip us off even more by making a game ten bucks more than X-2, and fifteen bucks more every month, not including the additional fees for wanting more than one character. It's just another darn mmorpg with the Final Fantasy brand name on it, kind of like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, you all remember Mystic Quest, right ? Ha ha. Anyway. So far I think it's great, I know I already missed a few things, but that'll give me an excuse to go through it all over again, whether on my own or my other half's game. Not to mention it was cheaper than Final Fantasy X. And the fights are better paced. Back to that good old active mode, don't fall asleep of even a cheap monster will end up selling your hide (had that happen to me in many games when I would play far too late and long), and for those who aren't quick enough, the wait mode is still available as usual. I just think it was too easy with that weird meter telling you exactly who would act when. Interesting to see exactly how good a certain action was, but that's it. Also it's good they got rid of the experience grid, I loved to work on it and do all sorts of things with my characters, but still, why not just let them level up like usual and gain whichever abilities they're supposed to and that's it ? It was a great idea, but took too much time for practically identical results. And I don't think there being no summons isn't anything bad. I mean, it was just getting more of the same anyway, it's good they found something new, they didn't even need to had those special dresspheres, although, they are pretty powerful. And there shouldn't be any either, for the reasons of Final Fantasy X. Kind of like there wasn't any magic in the Final Fantasy VI's past, except they went over that through the game. One complaint I will accept, there being no blitzball is a real bummer, I mean it would've been okay if the new game had been half as exciting. This one is just kind of going back to the old and boring tetra master, even the one from VIII was better than the one in IX. Okay, that's enough of me, I leave now, he he.

Last edited by Mana; 2003-11-30 at 04:41.
Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 01:52   Link #69
Mana

Oh yeah, and Drae, good going with Prince of Persia, it looks awesome and the ratings are so high everywhere. I'm really glad too because that's a game my cousin worked on a lot, as director of the graphics team or something like that, he works at Ubisoft and worked on Splinter Cell too, so we're all proud his new game is such a big hit, I bet he's happy too =/
Mana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 19:04   Link #70
EliteJounin

Anyone beat Angra Mainyu?
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 19:30   Link #71
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

Just wanna say that i just beat the game after 4 days of playing the game and i must say the ending was pretty good this is probably the first final fantasy game i have to go and replay to get the perfect ending even with a guide i was only able to get 98% complete Well it should only take me 2 days now to beat it all this game play just for a perfect ending.
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 09:33   Link #72
saku~ya
la~li~lo

hey dark_breaka since you've beaten the game, I take it that you took the chance to see the good ending? I was wondering when you press the 'x' button do you hold it until the thing happens, or do y ou press it repetedly. Cause I think I would die if I went through all of ffx-2 to get the sad ending ^^;

In fact if anyone knows let me know ^.~
Old 2003-12-01, 09:51   Link #73
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Hm, there are different endings for this game?
This is new, isn't it?
Actually there are 3 different endings to my knowledge. If you loose against the final boss you get the 'sad' ending. So I am being paranoid and leveling up like crazy before I get there. Then if you toggle before the ending you get the 'good' ending. Which what I am aiming for right now. Then if you get a 100% throughout the whole game, toggle like last time you get the 100% 'perfect' ending ^.^
Old 2003-12-01, 11:28   Link #74
saku~ya
la~li~lo

^^ You get the regular ending but the concept of their being multiple endings, sort of makes you wanna play more than once.
Old 2003-12-01, 11:41   Link #75
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

you have to press x at a certain time i'll look it up on the guide book when i get home
and there are 3 different ending bad,good,and perfect i got the good ening since i got 98% complete. saku~ya which ending did you get and what was your percent completion
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 17:05   Link #76
Cz
Needs more sleep~

100% completion of what? Missions? This is rather new in FF, isn't it?
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 17:13   Link #77
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I thought there was:

Loser ending:
You loose to the end boss

Sad Ending
Fail to activate three of the key missions.

Regular ending:
Succesfully activate and complete 3 or more
key missions. Defeat Last boss.

Good Ending:
Get the regular ending requirments,
and press a certain key combination.

Perfect Ending:
Get 100% completeion level,
[view this on your mission select screen]
Old 2003-12-01, 19:35   Link #78
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Well, I haven't beaten the game yet...

I am stuck on beating Yojimbo -_- Its nothing bad, I just don't feel like rescuing 15 people over and over again. I already did it 3 times, so I'm giving it a rest. Perhaps later tonight I will play it before road rules comes on. But really Yojimbo does this attack that lowers my HP and MP to 1 And that stupid dog... dont get me started on that
Quote:
Sad Ending
Fail to activate three of the key missions.
-Thats the first time I heard that... I hope it isn't true. Even though I do have the guide book and all. It would be my luck to skip a page.
Old 2003-12-02, 19:07   Link #79
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I believe that one of the key missions include:
-Putting together the two spheres halves
The one from Zanarkand ruins.

[but im not really sure]
Old 2003-12-03, 02:22   Link #80
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

I was looking on the internet and I saw that there was an extra extra ending after the first extra ending to Final Fantasy 10. The 15 minute movie was a prelude or something like that to FFX-2. Does anybody know anything about this?
Kawaii_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote