AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 11:41   Link #201
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Looks like real Syaoran is lightning based....
Oh no, that's only one of his spells. He also has fire and wind spells for sure.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:06   Link #202
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Oh no, that's only one of his spells. He also has fire and wind spells for sure.
Did clone Syaoran ever use wind and thunder? I can only remember him using fire, but I am in shock atm..
Old 2008-01-25, 13:12   Link #203
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ He never used any spells as far as the anime went (no clue about the manga). Those flames of his is also limited to his sword from what I can see.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 13:31   Link #204
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ He never used any spells as far as the anime went (no clue about the manga). Those flames of his is also limited to his sword from what I can see.
That's correct. C. Syaoran doesn't have any magic abilities, he just have fire affinity which can be channeled through Hiien.
The thing is Hiien is a magical item from the start which was the perfect catalyst for the clone latent powers.

In any way, it is impossible for him to cast spells and seals, until he got his claws on Fai's right eye. The eye itself is the half os Fai's power, hence the clone inherited the magic power pool AND spells in it.
Old 2008-01-25, 13:45   Link #205
grey_moon

Thanks for the info guys. I had to watch it again just to really absorb what was going on. Gosh the impact just increases with each viewing.

I wonder what Sakura would have thought if she actually saw him eat Fai's eye.

Also the biggest thing on my mind is how will the Scooby Gang deal with c Syaoran's actions and with r Syaoran... Arrrrggghhh cliff hanger... I'm in despair!
Old 2008-01-25, 14:52   Link #206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really is something worth watching multiple times. Though makes it troublesome that we've got to wait so long for the next one.

If Sakura was so upset by seeing two Syaoran's trying to kill each other and then her calling out getting one stabbed through the leg. Can only imagine how much that would have hurt her mentally to see. Just ripping/popping out the guys eye and then eating it...ehhh creeps me right out. I'd rather be anywhere than in Fai's position.

Should be interesting to see how the group responds to all of this. The Syaoran they all knew has turned into a cold being that would kill any of them aside from Sakura (since that'd go directly against his mission) in order to accomplish his goal.

Sure you have a knew one, but still its not exactly the same. Besides even the original must feel odd in this. Calling Fai 'that magician', with Kurogane 'your mother', and even Kurogane 'you'. Will probably take time for them to get used to it.

In some ways things are the same. They have to recover Sakura's feathers, Kurogane will be looking for home and those responsible for his mother's death, and Fai should still not want to go back. But what they decide in order to take down the clone, recover Fai's eye, will have changed things.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-01-25 at 22:52.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 22:48   Link #207
grey_moon

I wonder can they ever recover Fai's eye? I am guessing that they can since R Syaoran's eye returned to him when the seal broke, but Fai's eye was forcibly taken and eaten oO
Old 2008-01-25, 22:52   Link #208
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well is somewhat complicated since it wasn't done the same way R Syaoran did it. But figure they can find C Syaoran and rip out the blue eye, give it to Fai and it will all end up fine.
Old 2008-01-25, 23:50   Link #209
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well is somewhat complicated since it wasn't done the same way R Syaoran did it. But figure they can find C Syaoran and rip out the blue eye, give it to Fai and it will all end up fine.
But the Scooby Gang are really fond of C Syaoran and I can't see any of them ripping it out
Old 2008-01-26, 00:41   Link #210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
But the Scooby Gang are really fond of C Syaoran and I can't see any of them ripping it out
That's what we have R Syaoran for though. If he's capable of ripping his own eye out I don't see a problem doing it to a clone. Just need to have everyone look the other way...or something
Old 2008-01-26, 02:21   Link #211
ThoHell

Quote:
I'd assume he left without her since then we couldn't have her interactions with the main group . But really probably because it was easier. His goal is to gather all the feathers then return them. So takign her around would mean making sure nothing happened to her. Since if she died he couldn't really give them back . Leaving her there means he can get the feathers without concern and then return them in mass.

I'll cut the original some slack here. He's been sealed up for years and suddenly is tossed into a very big fight. Even if he has been following along with the original he hasn't exactly had time to test it out. Plus he did have the clone down and could have finished it if Sakura hadn't distracted him.

On some questions above. I think Syaoran didn't get a heart from Fai's eye due to compatibility. It is Syaoran's clone so his heart would be more compatible. Seems that once the seal the original put on failed it was too late and not even Fai's ability could keep the heart integrated.

Don't think the original meant he killed Kurogane's mother since the age just wouldn't fit. Just means that its the crest of Fei Wong who was responsible for the killing.
He not only left Sakura behind, but he left without the feather detector as well.......
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 02:28   Link #212
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
He not only left Sakura behind, but he left without the feather detector as well.......
Me thinks the the Wong ba**ard can lead him to each feather
Old 2008-01-26, 09:52   Link #213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Me thinks the the Wong ba**ard can lead him to each feather
Assuming that guy knows where feathers are he can probably just dump C Syaoran into the correct worlds. Sadly it will probably involve him turning that world upside down in his search for the feather.
Old 2008-01-26, 14:53   Link #214
grey_moon

Quote:
Assuming that guy knows where feathers are he can probably just dump C Syaoran into the correct worlds. Sadly it will probably involve him turning that world upside down in his search for the feather.
For a descendant of Clow, he wasn't in the line when they handed out the good genes. I can't believe that he discarded of Xing Huo in such a cold hearted way. Me thinks that he would not mind one bit if C Syaoran had to commit a bit of genocide to gain the feathers.

I really feel for Yuko, imagine being so powerful, but so helpless to put the mad dog down because of some rules binding her.

I am looking forward (with trepidation) with how Kurogane deals with R Syaoran in regards to his mum.
Old 2008-01-26, 15:17   Link #215
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
For a descendant of Clow, he wasn't in the line when they handed out the good genes. I can't believe that he discarded of Xing Huo in such a cold hearted way. Me thinks that he would not mind one bit if C Syaoran had to commit a bit of genocide to gain the feathers.
Just to quote our good ol' Fei Wang Reed
Quote:
I will do anything for this power, even if it will shed blood of many
Only his objective interests him, the means and consequences don't matter to him.
Quote:
I really feel for Yuko, imagine being so powerful, but so helpless to put the mad dog down because of some rules binding her.
Indeed, just observe how she was struck when both herself and Fei Wang concluded R Syaoran was too late
Old 2008-01-26, 16:52   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Indeed, just observe how she was struck when both herself and Fei Wang concluded R Syaoran was too late
Sadly there just wasn't anything more to be done. It's not like much time was wasted. Soon as R Syaoran could break out of his constraints he did, was sent to Yuko almost immediately and she didn't waste much time before sending him out. Just wasn't enough time to get there.
Old 2008-01-26, 21:20   Link #217
grey_moon

Quote:
Sadly there just wasn't anything more to be done. It's not like much time was wasted. Soon as R Syaoran could break out of his constraints he did, was sent to Yuko almost immediately and she didn't waste much time before sending him out. Just wasn't enough time to get there.
I wonder if the feathers bestow a power greater then what Yuko has? Even though she is able to send ppl across dimensions, she doesn't seem to be able to control the timing. For example the feathers arrive at varying times in a dimension compared to when the gang appears to retrieve it. Its kinda strange I've never really thought about what powers the feathers give.
Old 2008-01-26, 21:33   Link #218
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wonder if the feathers bestow a power greater then what Yuko has? Even though she is able to send ppl across dimensions, she doesn't seem to be able to control the timing. For example the feathers arrive at varying times in a dimension compared to when the gang appears to retrieve it. Its kinda strange I've never really thought about what powers the feathers give.
Crossing dimensions is actually a power beyond belief in Tsubasa universe.
Considering how unstable and volatile the feathers are, they "landing point" doesn't necessary match what the tsubasa group took to go on X dimension.

Remember that the power of crossing dimension cannot be controlled for its location choice either, otherwise, they wouldn't end into "featherless worlds", though these are under the effect of the "ichuzen", as nothing is coincidence.
Old 2008-01-30, 03:26   Link #219
ThoHell

Quote:
There are others with the same power as Yuko, but some more limited. That evil guy (not sure his name but he's the main villan) seems to be able to do the exact same as Yuko. She herself hasn't once shown any real impressive power, I think her limitless dimension transfer and all the objects from the contracts made is basically all their is to her. She has a special gift, but along the lines of having godly powers like Sakura is something she doesn't have.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 11:34   Link #220
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
just finished watch episode2
Spoiler for episode 2: