AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 10:12   Link #2021
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Um, it allows the Cybodies to actually move in Zero Time rather than just being statues?
that might be it! as on the first episode the cybodies are statues at first

EDIT:

after skimming episode 1 again, i think Sakana's seal is got something to do with giving golden mask to the cybodies and on this state a cybercasket can artificially awaken them to full robot form, but after transforming to a robot the zero-time imprisons the cybody, so the zero time is not actually part of Sakana's broken seal effect

so that confirms more that the cybercasket's are not part of the natural seal effect of Sakana, the cybercasket are just man-made by the science guild of the glittering clux to take advantage of the broken seal of Sakana

Last edited by j0x; 2011-01-30 at 10:40.
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:31   Link #2022
Bern-san

now i get why people said this episode was FABULOUS

Spoiler for 17:

Star Driver always makes me excited for the next episode, next week looks entertaining
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:38   Link #2023
Stefkov

I thought that was an awesome episode.

Spoiler for ep 17:
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 12:02   Link #2024
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Spoiler for Hospital:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 12:24   Link #2025
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

lol im sure its a girl or a woman, and she might be Takuto's mother

P.S. and why are people still using spoiler tags? GG fansub of this episode is released already
Old 2011-01-30, 12:29   Link #2026
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wouldn't Takuto know if his mother was in a coma on the island? I'm leaning towards a guy still with this perhaps being the King from the story who went into an endless sleep.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2011-01-30, 12:37   Link #2027
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep17:
Old 2011-01-30, 12:49   Link #2028
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Wouldn't Takuto know if his mother was in a coma on the island? I'm leaning towards a guy still with this perhaps being the King from the story who went into an endless sleep.
oh ok that makes sense too, as i remember reading on Good Haro's blog that Sakana's sam the fisher story is her interpretation/analogy of what she memorized when she apprivoise on her Maiden Cybody, because if i remember right, it was explained that when a Maiden apprivoise on her Cybody she see a lot of history related to the people involved with the Cybodies, so their is a high chance for what your saying
Old 2011-01-30, 13:26   Link #2029
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
that might be it! as on the first episode the cybodies are statues at first

EDIT:

after skimming episode 1 again, i think Sakana's seal is got something to do with giving golden mask to the cybodies and on this state a cybercasket can artificially awaken them to full robot form, but after transforming to a robot the zero-time imprisons the cybody, so the zero time is not actually part of Sakana's broken seal effect

so that confirms more that the cybercasket's are not part of the natural seal effect of Sakana, the cybercasket are just man-made by the science guild of the glittering clux to take advantage of the broken seal of Sakana
Theory:
Wako's seal is the one that protects zero time. The other seals have different purposes:

North Maiden Seal: Allows you to move a Cybody. With all the seals intact, the only thing you can do is use first phase abilities.

West Maiden Seal: Allows summoning of Cybodies without the use of a cybercasket. Increases Cybody fighting strength.

East Maiden Seal: ???

South Maiden Seal: Cybodies are no longer trapped in zero time when they begin to move.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 13:46   Link #2030
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Theory:
Wako's seal is the one that protects zero time. The other seals have different purposes:

North Maiden Seal: Allows you to move a Cybody. With all the seals intact, the only thing you can do is use first phase abilities.

West Maiden Seal: Allows summoning of Cybodies without the use of a cybercasket. Increases Cybody fighting strength.

East Maiden Seal: ???

South Maiden Seal: Cybodies are no longer trapped in zero time when they begin to move.
Pretty sure they clearly described the seal situation in the latest episode. The North Seal let's the cybodies move in zero time. The West Seal let's those with a mark pilot the cybody with their own movements. The East Seal let's them become one with the cybody for improved control and power I'd assume. Then the South Seal let's them leave zero time.
Old 2011-01-30, 14:14   Link #2031
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Could they really have not used the Cybercaskets at all after the Third Phase though? I wouldn't be surprised if Head was just lying about that little bit, though he just as easily could have been telling the truth.

Old 2011-01-30, 14:34   Link #2032
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

how awesome is that? Vanishing Age has a sofa in zero time.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 15:16   Link #2033
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Could they really have not used the Cybercaskets at all after the Third Phase though? I wouldn't be surprised if Head was just lying about that little bit, though he just as easily could have been telling the truth.
Head is probably lying. If the cybercasket is not working anymore as of now, there's no reason to blow it up except "for the lulz" (which is plenty enough of a reason in Star Driver, come to think of it). That Science Guild teacher is in on it together with Head, so his statement can't be trusted.

Vanishing Age does some fancy stuff, but I am finding it hard to take Head serious after he got his ass handed to him last week.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 15:56   Link #2034
Dahak86
Classics never age

why, just why the girls can't just call themselves ginga bishoujo?
but, oh well... epic episode indeed.
Head definitely made up for his previous loss... looking forward to more of his troll-mode, lulz.
and really, the lesbians costumes... couldn't be more appropriate.
Old 2011-01-30, 16:52   Link #2035
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Why didn't she get a band outfit too? I expecting her to change outfits into something exotic. But introducing two bi-sexual women is a great way to keep the guys watching. And their Crux outfits were funny too.
Old 2011-01-30, 16:57   Link #2036
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
why, just why the girls can't just call themselves ginga bishoujo?
Because we need to have Masou Shoujo and Ginga Bishounen this season.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:04   Link #2037
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought the person on the hospital bed was a guy actually (since collar on their shirt looked more like a guy's collar than a girl's) and the theory that he's Samkeh's previous driver makes a lot of sense (well, either that or my other theory is that Head is a bodysnacher and that's his original body, albeit with someone else's personality now). Also betting that Takeshi really is some double/triple agent for the Adult Bank and him appearing with the other Adult Bank members in the end reinforces that theory.
Two final notes, one, did anyone else notice that the girl in the painting Head was standing in front of this week had blue hair (Sakana-chan?)? And when Simone's sister was reporting to that man at the beginning of the episode (who I also think is Leon) she says that it doesn't look like the trio have told any of their friends about cybodies and such. Yet when she names off everyone who knows about it (mentioned Wako and Sugata's family) she doesn't mention Sarina so the Crux might not know about her which, in light of all the recent speculation about her, I found interesting.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:18   Link #2038
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Pretty sure they clearly described the seal situation in the latest episode. The North Seal let's the cybodies move in zero time. The West Seal let's those with a mark pilot the cybody with their own movements. The East Seal let's them become one with the cybody for improved control and power I'd assume. Then the South Seal let's them leave zero time.
Another thing to note also is that head said that when the Crux have reached phase 4 that it maybe impossible for the driver to separate form the Cybody which means that he/she might get trapped in Zero Time forever. Thats why he wants to break the East and South Maiden seals at the same time.
Old 2011-01-30, 17:22   Link #2039
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Him being Sugata's father (or mother... seriously, I just can't tell that person's gender since all the characters in this series look androgynous) was my first thought. When I hear "coma" in Star Driver, I immediately think of think of Samekh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Spoiler:
I can easily imagine Keito switching sides. All that is needed for that to happen is some sweet-talking from Sugata.

I agree Madoka and the other girl's outfit are quite lame. The screws on the nipples are just utterly ridiculous. The outfits of the rest of Crux kinda grew on me actually, but yeah, they all have a rather peculiar fashion sense to say the least.
Old 2011-01-30, 17:24   Link #2040
Aqua Knight

Is the girl who Takuto oiled the first(in red swim suit) the same person that was shown in the previous episode in his flashback?
And is her name Sarina?
I'm confused.

Also she's very hot and her striped pantsu are just totally awesome
Spoiler for nsfw:

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen