AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-11, 18:23   Link #1061
Griffen-Derek

Oh man! What a GREAT way for Raki to show up again! I found that just great!
And the lil girl??? My my my!!! This new arc is one of the best surprises ever!
And by surprise I mean how similar it is to so many things we discussed in here throughout the time.
It seems to me that Norihiro paid lots of attention to certain forum discussion going around the net
And that's the right way to go!
Great new arc!!!!
Old 2008-06-11, 19:16   Link #1062
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

soooooooooooooo good....
Now I hate Anime Ending More and More every manga I see
Old 2008-06-11, 20:39   Link #1063
shschesschamp

Just a fun prediction

I'm probably mostly wrong, but a prediction sounds fun...

Helen and Cid both get drunk and hit it off quite nicely. Galk and Deneve find they have alot in common and hit it off as well. Raki and Clare get married in the end and Raki improves to the point of being equal to Clare. Miria and the rest of the survivors die somehow very dramatically. Then eventually the author of this manga releases his mangas every week, instead of driving of crazy with monthly mangas and having us resort to bs postings and predictions

I think Isley and Riful kill each other. Before Isley dies though his flesh somehow goes into Raki and Raki becomes Super Powerful! As far as what happens to Priscilla it's way too unclear to me to make a prediction.
Old 2008-06-11, 20:43   Link #1064
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
No, Raki

But yeah, Hilda too lol.
Which one is not like the others?

Old 2008-06-11, 21:25   Link #1065
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
@ enara - the children are all going to be scarred for life if miata starts doing what's she doing to clarice yelling "mama!!" (girls and... ... ... boys) >.> *laughs*
I think Miata would be just fine with other kids. to me miata is about 7 and 7 year olds treat the mass murderer just the same as they would treat the sweet grandma who bakes them cookies.

Miata would do just fine.

does anyone else think Cid is almost flirting with Clare in chapter 80?
Old 2008-06-11, 22:49   Link #1066
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Well, I'm a fan of the theory that Pricilla is the mother of the girl too, as I've said on numerous occasions now, but I think the daddy was Isley.

There's an interesting thought that's been bouncing around in my head a for while now... It's still incomplete but I'll throw it out anyways:

When Deneve describes the process of Awakening to Undine, she says:

"There is no doubt the feeling of approaching the limit is terrifying. The desire for power, the craving for blood... combined with lust boiling over through your entire body... an instant in which you clearly feel the black knot of ugly emotions... hidden deep inside you"

That's all well an good, and it's a great symbolism for all the negative emotions turning you into a monster. The thing I'm pondering is, would any of these be possible for an infant? Even an infant of someone like Pricilla.

I mean when one thinks of infants, you think of attributes like innocence, purity, and defencelessness - the very opposite of what Deneve describes as steps leading to awakening.

From this, I am tempted to think, that the girl, might actually be exactly what the organiztion has been trying to create (and failing at) for 100 years. An entity with almost unlimited power, but because like all children it was born pure, she's not yet tainted into becoming a gut eating monster. It could even be why Pricilla has the girl traveling with Raki, so that she's raised in an enviroment purer than the one she can provide (by humans) and is thus trying to prevent her from becoming a monster like herself.

Of course it's all speculation ontop of speculation at this point, but I do think the story really might be headed in some such direction in the very long term.
Old 2008-06-11, 22:51   Link #1067
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Isley fascinates me (Why do the series I watch often have the "handsome men being master manipulators" plotline?). But, until Yagi-sensei mentions him again, all is speculation.
Old 2008-06-11, 22:55   Link #1068
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post

Uhmm... lessee... this is tough

It's either:

Raki - he's human.
Hilda - she's dead
or
Clarice - she's the only one who's never been blonde.

Since Raki and Clarice share the fact that they're annoying, and Clarice and Duff share the fact that they're stupid.... The answer must be:

Hilda!

..correct?
Old 2008-06-11, 23:13   Link #1069
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i've been wondering why dauf doesn't go to his human form but if he does; he looks like epic fail *laughs* incredible hulk anyone? so is he not intelligent enough to do it like isley, riful, and priscilla? or he just doesn't know how to achieve it?

and about the child, it's probably not raki's child but the kid looks at him as a father figure. i don't see raki to be the type of person who'd be messing around with priscilla all these years and he'd never do that to clare.
Old 2008-06-11, 23:15   Link #1070
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post

Didn't realise that this was a quiz. Waiting for tenken's answer.
Old 2008-06-11, 23:20   Link #1071
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i've been wondering why dauf doesn't go to his human form but if he does; he looks like epic fail *laughs* incredible hulk anyone? so is he not intelligent enough to do it like isley, riful, and priscilla? or he just doesn't know how to achieve it?
Duff's shown his human side on 2 occasions - when he was sticking his rods into Jean (that sounds so dirty...), and when he and Riful met Pricilla.
Old 2008-06-11, 23:22   Link #1072
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Duff's shown his human side on 2 occasions - when he was sticking his rods into Jean (that sounds so dirty...), and when he and Riful met Pricilla.
Not really. But, I won't want to watch that episode again. Mitsuishi-san's voice is not one for screaming, oh no.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:52   Link #1073
shschesschamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Isley fascinates me (Why do the series I watch often have the "handsome men being master manipulators" plotline?). But, until Yagi-sensei mentions him again, all is speculation.

Yeah Isley is the most complicated character out of all in this series, and this series is full of complex characters. I know he must want to use Raki for some reason he is a villian after all, but up to this point I can only assume to pacify priscilla.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:56   Link #1074
tenken627
what Yagi said

Haha

I guess I made the question harder than I thought.

I don't even know the answer.
Old 2008-06-12, 03:54   Link #1075
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think I would actually like the introduction of AB's children into the story. I have been hoping for a more powerful form of natural youma since I joined the forum. The DoD's just might do it for me, but another type of creature born from AB's would be very interesting, especially if their human morality is not taken from them in the way it is from their parents. We see that youma still have some interest in women if Clare's awful flashback and life before Teresa are any indication. So with at least 30+ Male AB's running around, all of whom have lived near a century, have any of them had children? So far we have not heard anything like that although it might not be their fault. Maybe they can only reproduce with female AB's?

For some reason Priscilla having a kid reminds me a bit of Lucy from the Elfen Lied manga who is the queen of dicloneous because she can have children while the others are infertile drones. Of course it is all speculation at this point. We have seen nothing that indicates that AB's can have children and we have not been explicitly told they cannot have children. Teresa's attitude towards sexual assault seemed to indicate infertility, but with claymores being able to change their body chemistry and form maybe pregnancy is a choice they get to make. That or they cannot reproduce until they awaken or something along those lines. All up in the air if Yagi wants to go that way.
Old 2008-06-12, 08:02   Link #1076
Ancient Soul

About Isley & Economy:

Since Raki say that his home town become a dump (has gone down the drain)...

Does anyone give a thought about the econimic disasters that Isley caused seven years ago by razing (he and his army) all the cities in the North?No one lives there anymore.We don't know how many died there.Pieta was evacuated but the rest of the towns were razed to the ground.The economic impact to the island was great (since most of the mines were there).
The fact that Raki's village seem now like a dump maybe is beacuse of the economic problems (less gold\less trade).The whole island can be on the verge of chaos (less gold\raw materials are extracted\gold usually hide in the ground\more villages who can't afford any longer to pay claymores to hunt youma\more deaths to youma\less people\less money for The ORG -
ipmortand - since we don't know what the ORG does with the money)...more now since Rabona stand against The ORG.Was Isley plan or he just let his troops loose...before sending them to a long awaited retirement (i mean death)?

About that girl :

I don't belive she is a child of an AB.Riful would already had childs with Dauf .Until now was implied that claymores can't have childrens.I don't see how AB can have.Yes after awakening they look like humans but Riful show us that his childish body is just a disguise.She maybe a special case but i don't think so.Even if Priscilla would have had a human body...Isley being
from the first generation (even before Riful) could'n have make childrens with her.Since Raki denied being his child i don't think she is his either.

I think that are better chances that the girl is the child of a MiB.The talk between Ermita and Galatea came to mind (at the end of the slashers).Ermita told Galatea (anime) that he will never make a monster (a claymore) his child, that imply that he can have normal childrens?Both anime and manga Galatea said something like : "he may be a parent...but...".She was refering to claymores...but...who knows.
Old 2008-06-12, 08:24   Link #1077
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post
About Isley & Economy:

Since Raki say that his home town become a dump (has gone down the drain)...

Does anyone give a thought about the econimic disasters that Isley caused seven years ago by razing (he and his army) all the cities in the North?No one lives there anymore.We don't know how many died there.Pieta was evacuated but the rest of the towns were razed to the ground.The economic impact to the island was great (since most of the mines were there).
The fact that Raki's village seem now like a dump maybe is beacuse of the economic problems (less gold\less trade).The whole island can be on the verge of chaos (less gold\raw materials are extracted\gold usually hide in the ground\more villages who can't afford any longer to pay claymores to hunt youma\more deaths to youma\less people\less money for The ORG -
ipmortand - since we don't know what the ORG does with the money)...more now since Rabona stand against The ORG.Was Isley plan or he just let his troops loose...before sending them to a long awaited retirement (i mean death)?
I don't think it was directly his plan but just a side effect of it. I mean officially his plan was to kill Lucelia to make sure theres no one to stand against him and Priscilla as well as take Priscilla to the south.

But its probably true that due to no more mines the economy of the whole island is screwed with no major income but this will also create pressure on the organization (what goods a business if no one can afford them so no one uses them) and will be part of the organizations undoing

I mean we can assume that the money the org gets from people is what they use to import the material for making the claymore's gear (and possibly the half yoma themselves) so this will cause them to get desperate.
Old 2008-06-12, 08:37   Link #1078
ergon

Galatea asked Ermita why he was so concerned about the mission, and he said "oh, just a fatherly concern". But once they awaken, "he never made a monster his child".
Old 2008-06-12, 08:39   Link #1079
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Hmmm... If Isley knew that the place was an experimental ground, his moves may be to blow this secret wide open. He would have accurately guessed/worked out that the common people doesn't know that there's another place "on the other side".
Old 2008-06-12, 08:43   Link #1080
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I think I would actually like the introduction of AB's children into the story. I have been hoping for a more powerful form of natural youma since I joined the forum. The DoD's just might do it for me, but another type of creature born from AB's would be very interesting, especially if their human morality is not taken from them in the way it is from their parents. We see that youma still have some interest in women if Clare's awful flashback and life before Teresa are any indication. So with at least 30+ Male AB's running around, all of whom have lived near a century, have any of them had children? So far we have not heard anything like that although it might not be their fault. Maybe they can only reproduce with female AB's?

For some reason Priscilla having a kid reminds me a bit of Lucy from the Elfen Lied manga who is the queen of dicloneous because she can have children while the others are infertile drones. Of course it is all speculation at this point. We have seen nothing that indicates that AB's can have children and we have not been explicitly told they cannot have children. Teresa's attitude towards sexual assault seemed to indicate infertility, but with claymores being able to change their body chemistry and form maybe pregnancy is a choice they get to make. That or they cannot reproduce until they awaken or something along those lines. All up in the air if Yagi wants to go that way.
Thanks for the spoilers - I had 3 more episodes of Elfen Lied to go. (Heh - don't worry about it, I don't mind - my fault for putting them off for so long)

Frankly though, I've never been a fan of the whole "Teresa invited sex, therefore she must be infertile" theory. I really see no solid reasoning behind it. You know that I too worship Teresa, but I really do see her a a very lonely person. I imagine it would grate on her that, despite being drop-dead gorgeous, everytime someone sees her silver eyes or, if they get past that, her naked body, they run for the tall grass. I mean really, she probably was getting close to 30, and judging by those idiotic bandits' overreaction to some slight blemmish on her chest, she was probably not very sexually active. Beggers can't really be choosers. In some ways I think Teresa might even have been a little disappointed when Clare bonked that idiot over the head (it's not like she didn't have other options, as the Organization has only a rule about killing, not giving out beatings to within an inch of someone's life).

Mentally, most Claymores seem to be scarred enough to almost not wish whether the live or die. It would not be unsual to think that the same mental scarring they possess would extend to other areas, like sexuality. For all we know, the isolation of being a Claymore might make them want to be loved, and some might just decide to equate that to the physical act of love making. I suspect they'd all make very interesting case studies for Sigmund Freud.

As for risk of pregnancy... I doubt that without unplanned pregnancies, the human race would have survived long - they're not exactly rare. Furthermore, as you say, with Clare being able to do things like stretch her vocal chords, dislodging an embryo from the uterus would probably not be difficult either for a Claymore.

Judging by the tone of Manga, I just don't get the impression that Yagi desires to sterilize the Claymore universe like that. In most shonen manga (I suspect to get past the Japanese version of the PTA), whenever a girl tries to kiss a guy or is prancing around naked or something, the guys usually start acting as if she's infected by the Bubonic Plague. The same kind of thing doesn't happen in Claymore though.

When Cid kissed Clare, it was Raki who was all upset, not Clare. Clare was surprised yes, but the typical shonen manga female reaction to such an event would have been a quick KO by uppercut or by a 10 ton hammer from hammerspace. Similarly, when the awakened Pricilla was prancing around in her birthday suit up north, at least 2 guys didn't spout nose bleeds, cover their eyes and try to run away either.

Similarly, there have been a lot of suggestions that the Claymore universe is not asexual. Duff and Riful, Duff and Clare/Galatea, Agatha, Teressa and bandits, Clare's brother, to name but a few. I just don't see Yagi making a world where sex happens, but children from it do not. It seems like a ridiculous concept, that if I had to guess, is meant to get around some rating bureau or something. I don't really see Yagi playing along with such nonsense.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga