AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-30, 21:07   Link #101
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Hehe, I love you tenken, but I am going to have to disagree about Irene not knowing Teresa well. Unlike everyone else involved in the hunt Irene knew Teresa inside and out (besides her hidden powers), had apparently underestimated her before, knew her personality, knew she had changed, knew how her ability worked and so on. She even planned an Ambush specially to get Teresa. Teresa knew Irene, talked with her, mentioned that her attack was better than before, and so on. Teresa did not talk to Noel and Sophia indicating she did not know or care about them. Irene never indicates that she wants to kill Teresa or that she deserves it. That is what Priscilla does. Teresa talks with Priscilla to give an FAQ on the organizations motivations.

I do not think Irene ever saw Teresa as a rival. Irene is not competitive like that. She observes and makes cool headed decisions. When she sensed Priscilla she immediately recognized her power and accepted her as a higher number. The one different thing I see is when she saw Teresa with Clare and even felt some jealousy as Teresa had obtained something Irene obviously wanted but never had. Irene knew Teresa's personality and understood why Clare had made such a difference.

@Cyclone: While I think Luciella could possibly be alive (slim) I do not think she has any more role with the soul link unless your theory is right. You know I am not a believer in the "RETURN FROM YOUR AWAKENING SISTER FLAMING SOUL HUG!" (said like Kamina from Gurren Lagann). I do not think Yagi gave any indication that Luciella lived through the encounter but that is me. When we talked about this before we decided if Raphaela did do it she used almost a completely new skill as Luciella's hair and eyes were still AB color. Not impossible to the story.

I do think the soul link is far from being completely exposed or at the limits of what is possible with it. Some people have said that Alicia and Beth have the only kind of soul link possible, I agree with you and think that there is much more to be discovered about what a soul link really is. If the person comes back from a fully awakened form does it matter if they are linked 100%? I do not think so.

If nothing else Raphaela knows the technique to teach the soul link. Just like Irene teaching Clare quicksword has a huge effect on the story, someone who knows how to soul link does not necessarily HAVE to soul link herself. It's not like Irene can use her quicksword anymore but it is still a huge part of the story.

How hard would a soul link be with a partially awakened claymore? I think much easier, even if it was not the same kind of soul link that alicia and beth had. I do not think a soul link with Clare would be out of the question. While it may not be a soul link technically I think the Clare link would be fine and Raphaela or Galatea could manage it. Partial awakening and Soul Link have to much in common to remain separate.

In the end I think they will discover a way to bring back awakened beings. Not all, but some. Priscilla is the most likely candidate in my mind at this point (if she maintained her youma hatred somewhere in her soul) unless one of the fab 4 awakens. We know that AB's can maintain varying degrees of what makes them human after they completely turn. We saw it in Ophelia and Hilda.

Spoiler for chiba's crazy theory about Clarice-illa:
Old 2008-05-30, 21:57   Link #102
pigpie

Regarding the Clarice being 1/4 Yoma because of having Luciella in here...I highly doubt that the Org would want to do that...I mean preserving Luciella.

The reasons why Clare had Teresa in her was because
1.Clare volunteered
2.Teresa was the strongest Claymore of her time and most likely the strongest ever thus the Org wants to preserve Teresa power.

But Luciella isn't really anything special except that she is an Abbysal one...plus if Clarice was really part of Luciella...that would mean Clarice has an awakened one in her.
Old 2008-05-30, 22:02   Link #103
nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Spoiler for chiba's crazy theory about Clarice-illa:
Hmm I always figured Failrice would be like Priscilla, suppressing everything, but in her case being a screw up, she went WAY overboard to the point not even her hair would lose its color. It kind of made sense to me since what she did in chapter 77 surprised both Agatha and Galatea, and she only did something correctly when Miata was in danger, in parallel to Priscilla who only uses her power when she is in danger as a defense mechanism( this is probably stretch).

I am starting to like the Luciella idea a lot more, since it will inevitably lead to an awkward moment between her and Raphaela.
Old 2008-05-30, 22:53   Link #104
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Tenken I'm somewhat confused. How did the other Claymores know that she was only 1/4 a Claymore. I had assumed that they just knew that she was very weak, which was obvious to anyone. The organisation makes failures sometimes. Several people have mentioned it. So why would they think that Clare was any different then a normal failure? Her hair even changed color she was just weak. That Clare was 1/4 Claymore seems to have been some secret. Thats what I got at least. And even if it wasn't, Clare would not mention it.
Oh, I don't know if any living Claymores know that Clare is only 1/4 yoma or that she has Clare in her.

The girl that bullied chibi Clare during training knew about it though, which was one of the reasons why she started bullying Clare (she probably was a little jealous).

I'm not sure if many of the other trainees in Clare's class knew, but the bully girl wasn't very secretive about it. All the other trainees died in the final test except the bully girl, who probably became a Claymore since she lived.

Either way, the bully girl is most likely dead by now. The only survivors from Clare's time seem to be the Ghost 7 and Galatea (and Raphaela). I don't think any of Clare's friends or any of the other newer Claymores know about Clare's secret.

Quote:
Hehe, I love you tenken, but I am going to have to disagree about Irene not knowing Teresa well. Unlike everyone else involved in the hunt Irene knew Teresa inside and out (besides her hidden powers), had apparently underestimated her before, knew her personality, knew she had changed, knew how her ability worked and so on. She even planned an Ambush specially to get Teresa. Teresa knew Irene, talked with her, mentioned that her attack was better than before, and so on. Teresa did not talk to Noel and Sophia indicating she did not know or care about them. Irene never indicates that she wants to kill Teresa or that she deserves it. That is what Priscilla does. Teresa talks with Priscilla to give an FAQ on the organizations motivations.

I do not think Irene ever saw Teresa as a rival. Irene is not competitive like that. She observes and makes cool headed decisions. When she sensed Priscilla she immediately recognized her power and accepted her as a higher number. The one different thing I see is when she saw Teresa with Clare and even felt some jealousy as Teresa had obtained something Irene obviously wanted but never had. Irene knew Teresa's personality and understood why Clare had made such a difference.
Ya, I agree.

I meant that the only two people that truly knew Teresa is Clare and Irene. Irene seemed to know Teresa well, and Teresa seemed to know Irene well (even though they were rivals).

The reason why Irene decided to help out Clare is because she wanted Teresa to live on through Clare.

Clare living is the only way there will be proof that Teresa ever existed.

That probably means that Irene knew that she was going to die soon (due to using Quicksword and being found), but she was fine with it. She would teach Clare everything she knew and even give up her only arm in order for Clare to live, and with Clare, Teresa's memory.

It was a touching scene, and that's why I like to think Irene as no longer alive. She sacrificed her life for Teresa's memory.
Old 2008-05-30, 23:13   Link #105
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Hehe, I said the Clarice/Luciella theory was far out there. Just from what I have seen I do not think having an AB as a source is an impossible issue for a claymore. I mean every single claymore has youma in them and youma eat guts while claymores do not. That is kind of the focus of the story. Half human half youma... Why not half human half AB? AB's eat guts too. If they can throw a Claymore into a new claymore I think throwing an AB in there would be fine as well.

I think the organization did get something they wanted out of Clare's experiment. Rubel knew it too. Their goal was to preserve some of the power of an abnormally strong claymore. Clare ended up mysteriously with the exact same ability that Teresa had for youki sensing. It is not like she could have learned it as a human. Rubel was also Raphaela's handler and would have informed Raph when to go for Luciella. Giving her information was part of his deal with her. That would also mean he knew tentatively where Luciella's final resting place would be. Rubel, who knew Clare was not a failure, and probably had access to the Luciella strongest creature to die since Teresa could probably do something about it. He was the one who brought Clare into the org in the first place. Luciella even died relatively uninjured in human form making it easier to bring. She is the first Abyssal to die (Rosemary does not count). With such a rare sample why not use it? Well, if she is dead that is. Obviously the theory starts with her being dead.

Of course it is just a way out there theory. I think it would tie together a lot of issues. Like why Clarice is a new main character, why she is weak, why her hair is colored, why she has some strength in her as seen against Agatha, why she was told she was special, and it would give a reason for Raphaela to reappear from the shadows.

@Tenken: Ahh, I misunderstood. I agree with you about Irene, Clare and Teresa's relationship when put in that light. Irene's part in the story was very moving and beautiful.
Old 2008-05-30, 23:16   Link #106
ergon

I'm not expecting Irene to come back but if she did I'd be happy. I think its more likely than Luciela at least. Maybe she runs really fast. Or knows Taekwondo

I'm not really expecting to see any old characters show up in this chapter yet...
Old 2008-05-30, 23:26   Link #107
Ancient Soul

I think that Luciela is dead for good.She fought for her lands and lost.Riful didn't say anything about her to Clare when they meet.In fact she said that are still 3 of them, Alicia taking Luciela's place in the AO power strugle.Rafaela left The ORG so the info for missions deal with them is off.A chance is that Rafaela killed Luciela and at the same time merge her
soul with her (i don't know what effects could have this to Rafaela).So Luciela's soul can be alive within Rafaela.

About Clarice.
Yes i also think that is a chance that she has part of Luciela within her.
That speed jump attack when she saved Miata was really amazing...for a nr. 47.
I'm still think that Miata & Clarice share something.The fact that Miata smell "mama" in
Clarice...well...maybe Miata is in fact Luciela's daughter or at least the MiBs created a freak
experiment in wich a claymore girl (Miata) was born, rather than the normal claymorisation process and the flesh&blood of Miata's true mother who died were used on Clarice.

About Irene.
Irene can be still alive.Her life was not in Rafaela's hands but more likely in Rubel ones.
If Rubel has long terms plans wich involve renegades claymores Irene had a chance.If not she is dead.

I like elfs.So i hope Irene is alive.If not hope that the new eye (Lune) is an elf to take her place. Every era has his elf.(Irene\Ophelia\???).
Old 2008-05-31, 00:26   Link #108
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
google is your friend.
LMAO - Laughing My ...er...backside... Off
sometimes extended to:
ROTFLMAO - Rolling On The Floor, LMAO
You mean "backdoor", since the mouth is "maindoor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
Fake spoiler from tsstory.com XD

Spoiler for size:
Great, but it is so wrong, everyone on the world know how "good" of almost stuff made in China . I guess made in Japan or German is the correct .
Old 2008-05-31, 00:29   Link #109
Vinak
Procrastinator

Even if I hate to admit it since I really like Irene in this story. She is dead. Her story came to a close in a very good, if not sad way. It would ruin her exit if her character was brought back. (unless of course, Yagi works his magic and brings her back in a good way.)

Luciela is also dead, she no longer serves a purpose to the story. I personally feel her remains being used for Clarice is very probable. It fits perfectly. the coincidences between Clare and Clarice are just too apparent for her to not share the 1/4 youma part.

As for Raphaela. She is most certainly alive. She has much to offer to the story line. she is the oldest living Claymore in existence and the fact she was trained in soul linking and being the sister of a former AO can still be used to push the story forward.

We never get any kind of visual hints that Raphaela was hurt unlike the other two. Riful and Isley never mention her so it is unlikely that either one of them killed her in the aftermath of the Luciela vs Isley fight. I doubt she committed suicide.
Old 2008-05-31, 00:33   Link #110
tenken627
what Yagi said

I still think that there is a greater chance of Luciela's soul or mind entering Raphaela's body than Clarice having Luciela's flesh in her body.

If Luciela still has a part to play, the best way to do it would be for her to enter into Raphaela's body through the soul-link. We know that Alicia's human consciousness enters into Beth during Awakening, it is possible that Luciela and Raphaela have been trained the exact same way.

Since Luciela + Raphaela's training was essentially the same as Alicia + Beth's training, Luciela was trained to have her human consciousness enter Raphaela. It could be possible that Luciela might have done so with or without Raphaela's knowledge right before Raphaela killed her.

We never visually see Luciela's death. We just hear a crack, and the assumption is that the noise is coming from Luciela's back. If Luciela could have transfered her soul into Raphaela's body right before Raphaela kills Luciela's body, it could open up many doors of possibilities.

It could be the reason why Raphaela was never seen again. It might provide another power player into the story, with a powerful Raphaela/Luciela hybrid (Awakened or non-Awakened).
Old 2008-05-31, 01:05   Link #111
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

If Raphaela did pull Luciella back I think it would be an entirely new technique. The twins training has left it so they have no original personality. That is the sacrifice that was made to get a perfect and complete soul link. Raphaela dragging a second personality into her own and holding it seems very different than both of them merging into one being. As we know the soul link is very very hard, even for Beth and that is when they have merged their spirits and lost their personality with both parties working together to achieve the link. Raphaela and Luciella seemed to have their own personality, but that is just what I think. If Raphaela were to pull something like that off, which was not an unawakening but a soul-steal (think Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat) it could really change the story. Then it would probably be even longer before she showed up because the story would have to build up to a massive technique like that. If she did pull it off then it might be like Clare's relationship with Teresa; just having her appear in dreams or something and then spontaneous techniques and incredible power showing up.

Then we would have Raphaela with her sister in her and Clare with Teresa in her. Although then Clare could say, "But I have many souls inside of me" and then Raphaeluciella would say, "and we thought we were odd..." That would be really strange and a very bizarre twist to the story. Soul linking is hard from what we have seen so I think Raphaela coming up with a technique like that is a stretch. Even Rubel told Raphaela that suppressing her youki was useless because it was too late to bring Luciella back. I think Rubel had Raphaela's plan to kill her sister nailed down. He is not easily deceived. But we do not know yet.

And anyway I look at it I think Luciella had a death scene where the life was squeezed out of her by her sister . The screaming, the sound effects, the begging, her losing all power (which is something else for an Abyssal) and Raphaela's parting words gave me that impression. It could be a new technique though. Certainly not a very pleasant one to say the least.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:24   Link #112
tenken627
what Yagi said

Haha, but we only know that soul-linking AND Awakening needs to have no personality left in either sisters. Raphaela and Luciela never successfully performed that move. But, they may have soul-linked many times while training for it before the disaster. Who knows what may happen when the soul in a soul-link no longer has a body to return to after transferring?

I don't know if we want to get into the soul-link discussion all over again. I don't even know how many pages we've spent talking about that.

I don't necessarily think it would be Luciela appearing in Raphaela's dreams or anything, but something like eventually driving Raphaela mad and taking over her body, like the Lich King within Prince Arthas in Warcraft.

There wouldn't have to be a massive buildup, Just have Raphaela appear before Riful or Isley, smack the heebee jeebies out of them a little bit, and then announce that Luciela has returned (with the appropriate laugh of course).

I know, I know, this pretty much is my own wishful thinking. But, that would be so cool.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:27   Link #113
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Its to unrealistic Tenken, but the bit about Lucelia might be perserved in Clarice isent unbelivable. If you lookat my recent post in Speculation topic it should give enough grounds to state that the Org has done a second "Clare - Theresa" Experiment.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:29   Link #114
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
Its to unrealistic Tenken, but the bit about Lucelia might be perserved in Clarice isent unbelivable. If you lookat my recent post in Speculation topic it should give enough grounds to state that the Org has done a second "Clare - Theresa" Experiment.
Oh, I'm a firm believer in the Clarice 1/4 yoma theory. I don't see Luciela as the donor though.

Plus, it's one thing to use a Claymore like Teresa in an experiment, it's another thing to use an Awakened Being, let alone an Abyssal One, in the same kind of experiment.

And, while Clarice may have been different before the hybridization process, she doesn't seem like the type I would want to experiment an AO flesh with.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:59   Link #115
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
Clarice is also 1/4 from a fallen warrior like Clare but her source is Luciella. This is why her youki is so low, like clare, but why her hair is colored, like Luciella. This would also explain why she is special as the MiB's said. Luciella is the most powerful person to have died in the series since Teresa so she would be a sample worth keeping. Then add Raphaela running around who is trained to link with Luciella's youki (which just happens to be in Clarice) and hey it all works together. Plus you get Raphaela to freak out at sensing her sister in another and then eventually linking with her while the memory of losing Luciella still haunts her.
Good theory with convincing arguments, however I think it's less likely than Cyclone's "Luciella is alive and well" idea. I can't believe Raphaela would tolerate violation of her sister's body after she finally allowed to rest her in peace. Her resolve was to save Luciella and she made it (one way or another), why prolong painful memories? Why would she let MiB do what they want and destroy life of another person? Why would she allow her sister's body to be a sample for experiment?
If my assumption is correct and Raphaela wouldn't want that then MiB would have quite a problem with finding the body. Sure she released a bit of youki BUT near her were 3 extremely powerful AB so Lune would have to be an extremely skilled eye to disregard more intense sources of youki and distinguish Raphaela among such powerful beings. And if she just dig a grave and masked it so no one besides her would know where her sister's body is then scavenging every square meter where Raphaela was by MiB would be unlikely. Also I don't think they would risk them being killed by Riful/Isley and search for Luciella's body just to make another quarter-youma claymore. More hassle than it was worth.
My stupid guess - Clarice is 1/8 youma with Teresa's youki and Clare's hand as a source (the one Ophelia cut off). Now that would be quite a surprise after suppressant pill wore off. It could make possible soul-link between Clare and Clarice with Clarice being the one with remote control. The ones who would teach them this technique would be Raphaella and Luciella who would save them from Alicia and Beth . Such experiment would be a next step in their researches to know how youma-concentration influences one's abilities. They could measure what's Clarice's base youki compared to Clare's and Teresa's and if possible come up with recycling program.

As for our elf-claymore being alive. We have Irene standing at the edge of the cliff before one of the most powerful claymore in history, who is seconds away from dealing fatal blow and doesn't even want to talk with someone who's about to die plus a strange reaction of upper limb. All that indicates she's dead. Besides
I can't think of a reason why would Yagi let her stay alive. Just because Clare wanted to give her hand back?
I'm only uncertain whether Raphaela considered handicapped Irene, living in solitude as no threat to the org and let her live or let her jump off the cliff and didn't pursue her (Lune would thinks she was dead as Irene's arm told us). By being unconscious claymore's youki is lowering (since Miria assumed that even after taking half youki suppressant pills they would be "invisible" after being unconcious) and maybe that would suffice...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster
And anyway I look at it I think Luciella had a death scene where the life was squeezed out of her by her sister .
Not necessarily. Maybe she didn't like the idea she would have her ecstatic feeling taken away (by going back to claymore form and losing Abyssal mode) and was afraid she wouldn't have heart to abandon her sister again by awakening. Who knows, maybe soul link on someone who already awakened and reversing process of awakening has reverse symptoms as well. If when awakening claymores feel great and rapturous then when reversing back (especially if it's against their will - Jean's case was different because she herself tried to maintain her personality) they must feel indescribable pain.

Last edited by Gooral; 2008-05-31 at 02:16.
Old 2008-05-31, 02:59   Link #116
Rolyn
Who hates Priscilla?

if galatea dies im gonna kick someone in the face
Old 2008-05-31, 03:17   Link #117
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Gooral: Lol. I wrote it this way intentionally "And anyway I look at it I think Luciella had a death scene where the life was squeezed out of her by her sister ." You can't argue with what I see. It is what I see. I know people disagree about what it means though. That is why I put it that way . We can tack on all the maybe's in the world, but until she shows up again she looked like she died. Just like Irene. If anyone had asked if she died at the Teresa arc I would have said yes.

If Raphaela did a technique to save her sister in some new way it would have to be very different from a soul link. Both Alicia AND Beth trained like crazy to get the soul link to work. Beth has the harder job. But they are both trained to do it together. They Both merge their souls and and it seems become one soul. And that might be all the time. With Luciella struggling against her it would be a totally different situation. Raphaela would be forcing her to unawaken against her will, dragging her back kicking and screaming, doing a job that is harder, squeezing her hard enough to cry and so on. It would have to be a very different technique than a soul link.

I am not sure where I said Raphaela gave her permission for them to take Luciella's body (in this crazy theory). If anything I would think she would NOT know about it. Rubel could have brought it back himself. The MiB's cannot be sensed with youki anyway. He could have watched the whole thing and taken some Polaroids. Raphaela probably does not know Clare is half Teresa. She may not know it is possible to use her sister's body. Or Rubel could have said, "If you let us take the body we will never make this mistake again, AB's will cease to exist and I will let you live. If you disagree we can always find you with the twins and this new little girl who smells out cloaked claymores..." I can see the backstory working just fine if Yagi decides to go that way. I mean Luciella is the most powerful creature to have ever died (bar Teresa) in this experiment. Why would they not take her?

My biggest problem with Clarice being made from Teresa like Clare is the physical difference between her and Clare. Clare has silver hair. Clarice has colored hair. If they used Teresa again I would imagine she would have silver hair. There must be a reason for Clarice having colored hair or it would not have been mentioned so many times. Maybe she is a failure, but maybe not. If she is not a failure and is special like she believes what makes her so? Also, as mentioned from Galatea's discovery about Alicia and Beth, using the same source material for 2 claymores results in a horrible consequence: almost none of their original personality remains. That was the consequence of using the same source material twice and Galatea realized it and it made her sick. That was when she left the organization. Clarice does not seem to suffer from a lack of personality to me. Rubel admitted that was the result of using the same source twice. It might be different for a claymore or AB source, but that would be completely new information.

Clare brought Teresa's head to Rubel and unless Teresa had another head or they used another part of her body Teresa only had 1 of those. If they did use something else then it would probably be something from her torso, like the "critical spot" which was mentioned many times in the early series. If that is the case it seems there would only be one of those. I am leaning towards the critical spot because it seems important for some reason or Yagi would not have mentioned it so many times.

#How long until spoilers...#

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-05-31 at 04:35.
Old 2008-05-31, 04:38   Link #118
Gooral
Banned

@chibamonster
I know that's Your opinion. I just wrote sth You didn't think about. I can do that, can't I :D ? I should have written: I for one have thought about a possibility that "the screaming, the sound effects, the begging, her losing all power" didn't mean death. Instead I've written "Not necessarily " but that's just because I'm being lazy and copied/pasted my previous reply to the same words You made some time ago. And I didn't refer to "I think" part, but to the idea itself. Words "anyway I look at it I think" and semantics won't stop me from disagreeing with You :P.
Quote:
(...) I am not sure where I said Raphaela gave her permission for them to take Luciella's body (in this crazy theory). (...)
You didn't, but You've written that MiB took Luciella's body, meaning she left it just like that or made a grave with a tombstone so MiB could easily find it. That's the same to me as allowing someone to profanate the grave which wasn't even looked after. I just don't think she would bury her sister in some random place after not seeing her for such a long time.
Besides, MiB couldn't locate Raphaela before they could sense Luciella so they needed some time to get where she was not to mention a good spot to watch (Raphaela reserved one such spot herself). I'm not sure either whether Luciella emitted any youki after the fight and in the woods it would be difficult to track them. After Raphaella emitted youki they could locate them but they would have to possess youki reading abilities or a claymore. If they had a claymore with them Raphaela would sense it/him/her, if it was Lune and she was at a long distance then I doubt she could pinpoint the place where Raphaela and Luciella were and even if, they would need time to get there and that would allow Raphaella to hide the body or take it with her. And MiB carrying the body themselves I find rather unlikely, unless it was only part of her.
Imagine Rubel carrying naked girl and going through some villages before he got to HQ or meeting some village folks (priests particularly) :).
Oh, and I know that Raphaela doesn't know her sister's body could be used by Mib, but there are gravediggers/bandits/necrophiles, wildanimals.
Old 2008-05-31, 04:45   Link #119
MalakTawus

I think it's impossible that Clarice has Teresa's blood and flash,'cause passed too many years since Teresa's death......and Claire would have known as soon as she saw her,maybe even Galatea would have found her yoki strangely similar to Claire's.Imo it's really impossible.....
Old 2008-05-31, 05:08   Link #120
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Gooral: Yeah, I remember that we have had this conversation before. I also remember when people were quoting Cyclone on the Luciella-return theory before he manifested himself on the forum . Didn't mean to offend you. My theory is far out there as it is. I just think it fits the picture for the time being. If retrieving Luciella's body is the biggest obstacle for this Clarice-iella theory I am actually pretty amazed.

Rubel did coordinate the meeting between Raphaela and Luciella if he held true on his promise. That is the main thing that brings him into the picture in my mind. He knew once Priscilla had awakened the Abyssals would have to move and some might die. Possibly Luciella. He brought this information to Raphaela in exchange for her services and she joined up knowing what he had on the table. Rubel also coordinated Clare getting Teresa infused into her it seems despite him not being Teresa's handler. He knows Clare's potential and understands much more than he lets on. I think with his negotiating skills, intuition, information, and understanding of claymores personalities he could have gotten Luciella's body if he wanted it. He could have brought Luciella's sword with him as a gift for Raphaela.

Really I do not know Raphaela's personality well enough to know what she would do with her sisters body. We have the sister issue combined with traditional Claymore burials. Luciella was not just a friend but a sister who soul linked with Raphaela and who loved and missed her even as an AO it seems. Raphaela might have wanted to bury Luciella close to where they came from originally with her mother and father. That would be a moving scene; Raphaela holding back tears as she carries her deceased completely human looking sister into her old town that may have thrown her out after their family was killed by youma or ... something. Just what popped into my head.

If the organization promised Raphaela that looking at Luciella's body would save other sisters from the same fate Raphaela might let them have it. We just have no idea what happened as we have not seen Raphaela since then. Maybe Raphaela used her own sword as Luciella's grave. I really do not know what she did or what she thought the organization would do if they got her body. Raphaela obviously never returned so maybe her goals have changed since her meeting with her sister. I am excited to see her regardless.

@MalakTawus: I also think that if Clarice had Teresa in her the 5 ghosts present when she came to the north would have felt something simmilar between her and Clare especially with how good some of them are at youki sensing. Sure they had not sensed each others youki in years but the same was true for Irene and once she sensed the little bit of Teresa in Clare she came running through the woods to meet her. Miata also released her youki somehow in Rabona so that would have sent some flags up as well. Especially with Clare herself being there. On the other hand none of them have sensed Luciella or Raphaela before...

Tags
manga