AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 06:06   Link #941
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
That never even crossed my mind. I like it.
This show takes its puns and jokes seriously.

They make their serious technology appealing to non techies and gives techies a good laugh.

QT and cute girls, golden orbs and big guns and such.

@Duo, I agree that its always a double edged sword to gain popularity. I guess this series will fall into the 'hidden gem' category.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:06   Link #942
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
lol

I actually think QT is a direct pun to Gundam 00, and Quantum Brainwaves will be everything in the following episodes.

Well, if electrons are running in wires as thin as neurons, quantum uncertainty could happen. That's why scientists are starting to think the brain works at a quantum level.
I would think that the central nervous system works at generating a weak fluctuating magnetic field which might influence the flow of electrons at quantum levels. That is the basic idea of the so-called neural interface. Of course the brain might work as a miniature circuit generating a much smaller EM field, probably amplified in the QT-Arms or Q-Tector.

It is time we give Honoka some funnels and bits (pun intended) for her Wygar.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:15   Link #943
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
I believe Takane's Wa Lolita costume, the Kimono Lolita style costume, is her Q-Tector ...
"..."
Now that was the sound of all that flying straight over my head.

Quote:
The series works around QT, which actually we never got to kno...
Now we are getting somewhere. See, this is the kind of information that should have been included around ep1~3! AKA introduction! Setting up the world! There would have been a lot less "WTF" (I'm damn sure I'm not the only one) if the viewers knew this when they saw Takane's little space walk.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:22   Link #944
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
The good thing about Quantum is that both humans and machines can work on his medium. So they can give machines like Leopard, Nerval and Mr Blackbelt the ability to interact at the Quantum level. Mr Blackbelt could negate the EX-QT powers of Honoka. Leopard could strip Q-TECTORS because the Q-TECTORS are basically attached on to them by some Quantum means, think mahou shoujo and quantum magic creates the Q-TECTORS.

EX-QTs all have a certain ability, Honoka and her gravity control, Episode 4's boxman creating shockwaves and Aleida gathering Tachyon particles to form the Tachyon Sword. They are also super human in physique, the school council included.
*SaintX has been forcibly decloaked*

This only screams one thing to my sleep deprived brain.

Nanoha
Old 2009-02-19, 06:24   Link #945
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*SaintX has been forcibly decloaked*

This only screams one thing to my sleep deprived brain.

Nanoha
Quit ghosting and start posting. You know this is a great anime and my waifu is pure moe.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-19, 06:25   Link #946
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Now we are getting somewhere. See, this is the kind of information that should have been included around ep1~3! AKA introduction! Setting up the world! There would have been a lot less "WTF" (I'm damn sure I'm not the only one) if the viewers knew this when they saw Takane's little space walk.
Well, they did explain how QT's work with their Q-Tectors and their QT-Arms.

Itsuki explaining to Akiha to form an image in her mind to move the QT-Arms and then in episode 2 Honoka gives Akiha her QT-Tector to enhance her piloting.

I came to the conclusion that Takane's dress is a Q-Tector partly because she changes out of it, only uses it in battle and piloted her QT-Arms with it.

@Saint X, yes Nanoha is what I actually pointed to

I knew my rabid posting would eventually get people to respond.

Old 2009-02-19, 06:32   Link #947
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Well, they did explain how QT's work with their Q-Tectors and their QT-Arms.

Itsuki explaining to Akiha to form an image in her mind to move the QT-Arms and then in episode 2 Honoka gives Akiha her QT-Tector to enhance her piloting.
Mind controlled interface is totally different than some invisible space suit that was never mentioned...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:34   Link #948
PzIVf3

The sub its taking so long Grrrrrrrrr.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:35   Link #949
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Quit ghosting and start posting. You know this is a great anime and my waifu is pure moe.
I'm only at 4 so i can't contribute well- but i'm seeing the intense potential this series holds.

Why the heck am i mentally seeing Missile Danmaku / M3 all of a sudden?

I'll hold off the public worship for now seeing that the locals here are quite rabid to take me in into their camps

Quote:
@Saint X, yes Nanoha is what I actually pointed to

I knew my rabid posting would eventually get people to respond.
I just hopped in and did not read the previous pages, but then most of i wanted to say has already been said.

and speaking of that, EP4 just finished. I'll be taking this ep to work. :P
Old 2009-02-19, 06:40   Link #950
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Mind controlled interface is totally different than some invisible space suit that was never mentioned...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt - or in this case "QT did it". I would really advise against trying to find much (or any logic) in the QT's modus operandi. I think of it as little more than a superpower.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:41   Link #951
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Takane's case is different because she's a very strong Ex-QT, we don't know the extent of her capabilities.

The rule of cool can work amazingly in 10000 years.

Plus mine is just a theory and she could really just be relying on her Ex-QT powers like Tokkan said. Superman can hold his breath and fly all the way to Krypton from Earth and back. Ex-QT are essentially super QT as I've mentioned.

But this show is all about accepting what you see lol, because it has a great excuse for everything. Technology and humans with super powers.

Old 2009-02-19, 07:09   Link #952
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
But this show is all about accepting what you see lol, because it has a great excuse for everything. Technology and humans with super powers.
Yes yes and we can all use the excuse of "in the future....". That is the good thing about sci-fi, so far yet so near.

Apparently schools are more liberal with their uniforms and have implanted corsets for females.

Old 2009-02-19, 07:14   Link #953
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For a school to have a corset as part of the uniform, it can only mean that the school has no obesity, or tolerates zero obesity.

But obesity itself should be no problem if genetics and medicine have progressed alot.

I've never seen a school uniform with a corset ever, I'd be grateful if someone can show me another lol

Old 2009-02-19, 07:24   Link #954
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hey, I got a question: What the hell is an EX-QT and are they ever going to explain it? Or is it assumed we make the connections ourselves somehow?

Also, what the hell is a Q-Tector supposed to do?
Perhaps Ex-QT = Extra 'Cutie'....
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 07:25   Link #955
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Like hell they care when they see Takane's awesome entrance.
I'm sure if they put the world and technology introduction at the first 3 eps or something like that, it won't have an impact like it did.
Old 2009-02-19, 08:41   Link #956
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
...You obviously haven't watched shows like Eureka Seven or Xam'd, where they give hardly any worldsetting information in the first few episodes, and yet do just fine with regards to WTF factor. ...In fact, those shows are even worse about not giving away any info at the beginning. (Note that both of those series were by Bones, which was created by former members of Sunrise, but that is an unrelated topic.)

Also, there is a simple explanation for why Takane doesn't need a spacesuit: she is the Batman of 10,000 years in the future and thus can breathe in space. Because Batman can breathe in space.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 08:52   Link #957
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question

is it me or that

AMAIIIZINGUU part is what i missed on the later episode??

or is it on the new ep not yet subbed
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 09:17   Link #958
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I just watched episode 6 again and didn't hear her say it. The first time I went through it, I thought she was a bit over-the-top... acting more like a 5 year old, than a 12 year old. But I'm usually concentrating on keeping up with subtitles the first time through an episode, so things slip by.

This second time, I was struck with "Wow, she's insanely freaking cute!"

Spoiler for gotta' have some Sakura pics:
I'm jealous of her for getting to hug Akiha like that.
Old 2009-02-19, 09:23   Link #959
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dude akiha is already taken

hahahahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 09:25   Link #960
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
dude akiha is already taken