AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-21, 15:48   Link #1
Atarun
Yuri fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Atarun
Blame!

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for websites dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu's Blame!
So far I've only found outdated ruins and book commentaries...
And if there are fans here, I would enjoy talking about it a lot!

Sorry for my approximative english
And thanks, anyway
Old 2004-05-25, 15:53   Link #2
Psyonara
Freelance Gif Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarun
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for websites dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu's Blame!
So far I've only found outdated ruins and book commentaries...
And if there are fans here, I would enjoy talking about it a lot!

Sorry for my approximative english
And thanks, anyway

www.omanga.net

has blame!, and it's prequel, noise!
Old 2004-05-26, 10:09   Link #3
Ialdaboth

http://cyberdungeon.free.fr/cyberdungeon.html

In French, sorry but good Blame fansites are hard to come by. T_T

btw what do you think of the "So On" artbook ? ^^
Old 2004-05-26, 22:14   Link #4
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

It think I`d be glad if I could find that artbook in english or german somewhere...

I found two additional links to blame sites:

http://www.cyberiacafe.ch/Tsutomu/Blame/ a little summary and some pictures and artwork

http://www.studiokrum.com/blame/blamepag.html site dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu in general though most is about BLAME! of course

http://www.teamdiska.de/blame/index.php <- some blame forum i came across... seems to be not very crowded, last post is from 2 month ago
So if you want to talk about blame, better do it right here.
Old 2004-08-20, 12:02   Link #5
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Blame!

Don't mind all caps title as that is the name of the series .

Blame is a unique manga series, the art style is unlike I've ever seen before and the storyline is dark and interesting.

Most of the manga deals with technology following the characters Cibo and Killy who are looking for traces of the orginal human beings, the ones that are not cloned from someone, or something else. So they work their way up through the underground dealing with various threats and overcoming them.

I recommend this series to anyone that wouldn't mind something with a unique style of art and a dark, twisted storyline.

Here's a wallpaper I recently made from a cover. I had to take out alot of the cluster filling the image. This should do better as a wallpaper.

Spoiler:

The character featured there is Cibo.

Edit-

That's funny. I did a Search on "BLAME!" and "BLAME" and did not find this thread.

Hah, I just did the search again and there it is. The search feature is screwing with me.

Last edited by Slade; 2004-08-20 at 12:13. Reason: Search Function is Teh Evil
Old 2004-08-20, 14:18   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

So weird that this would pop up today, as I just finished this series.

I had a question, though, in case anyone more familiar with Nihei Tsutomu's work can answer:

Spoiler for the end:

And search didn't bring anything up for me two days ago when I was looking. Maybe it doesn't pick up on older threads.
Old 2007-07-18, 21:18   Link #7
mishka

I just started reading the manga after watching the 6 five-minute series.....I never read manga, but Blame! the series was like a teaser for the manga! So short that made wanna know more!

So anyways....I'm on volume#3. And I was wondering why the anime is so short while the manga seems fairly long? Did they cover everything in the OVA?
Old 2007-07-19, 22:29   Link #8
mishka

Why haven't they made a BLAME! anime?

I know there's the OVA, but it's a pretty bad one! the episodes are 5 minutes long, and you can't really tell what's going on. I know it would have been a popular anime if they made it.....does anyone know if there will be one...or if there are any plans on making it (and this time getting it RIGHT)?!

Last edited by mishka; 2007-07-19 at 22:56.
Old 2007-07-22, 04:33   Link #9
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I just started reading the manga after watching the 6 five-minute series.....I never read manga, but Blame! the series was like a teaser for the manga! So short that made wanna know more!

So anyways....I'm on volume#3. And I was wondering why the anime is so short while the manga seems fairly long? Did they cover everything in the OVA?
Hoorah for necromancers.

The 6-episode OVA is just loosely based on some portions of the manga. Many details are changed to give more emphasis and mystery to Cibo's role. The characters shown in the anime are just a small fraction of the entire cast featured in the manga and given the epic scale of the story, there are quite a few of them.

So, yes, the anime is merely a teaser of sorts for the manga which has a longer and more complex storyline.

P.S.
Killy only shoots his gun once in the anime. THAT IS SOOO WRONG!

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-07-22, 05:12   Link #10
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
son, i blame anime for all kinds of stuff... my lack of social life, love life, good grades, job... anime is takin some blame.
You lost me there.

Quote:
I know there's the OVA, but it's a pretty bad one! the episodes are 5 minutes long, and you can't really tell what's going on. I know it would have been a popular anime if they made it.....does anyone know if there will be one...or if there are any plans on making it (and this time getting it RIGHT)?!
Well, it's a seinen title. Perhaps they think that the average Naruto and Bleach fanboys wouldn't have the brainpower necessary to put 1 and 1 together to make sense of the story. As I mentioned in the Blame! thread which you've recently necromanced, the anime OVAs were probably meant to be teasers for the manga itself.

Besides, recall the amount of havoc caused whenever the Gravity Beam Emitter is used (5 whole pages may be devoted to illustrating the effects of a single shot). Add to that the structural damage caused by "regular" (non-GBE) combat, the summoning of lesser Safeguards, high-level Safeguards spawning inside the Megastructure, the detailed clothing and appearances, large and complicated perspective shots, high-speed combat of characters such as Musubi and Schiff, the mobilization of the Safeguard armies, etc, etc.

The action would be very costly to animate and based on the popularity (or lack thereof) of the manga, not enough people would be buying it to make up for the costs.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-07-23 at 04:35.
Old 2007-07-22, 12:31   Link #11
mishka

So I'm on LOG. 22 now....and WOW. I have never read Manga before because I thought I'd get bored.....but it's quite fun and I haven't got bored at all!

And what really made me laugh was the "height issue." So do we know exactly how tall Killy is?!
Old 2007-07-22, 12:51   Link #12
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Quote:
I have never read Manga before because I thought I'd get bored.....but it's quite fun and I haven't got bored at all!

And what really made me laugh was the "height issue." So do we know exactly how tall Killy is?!
If you thought that reading manga would be boring, I can't even imagine what you'd think about reading 1400-page novels like Les Miserables.

As for the height, it's rather hard to tell. If you have read Planetes before, you'd be familiar with the idea of varying heights due to the different intensities of gravity depending on where one grows up. Since the size of the Megastructure is approximately equal to the size of Jupiter's orbit, there's no reliable point of comparison for Blame!. However...

Spoiler for spoilers concerning the protagonist:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Old 2007-07-22, 13:22   Link #13
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
You lost me there.

Well, it's a seinen title. Perhaps they think that the average Naruto and Bleach fanboys wouldn't have the brainpower necessary to 1 and 1 together to make sense of the story. As I mentioned in the Blame! thread which you've recently necromanced, the anime OVAs were probably meant to be teasers for the manga itself.
LOL!

yeah they're teasers alright. I would have never even looked at the manga if the OVA wasn't so UNSATISFYING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
The action would be very costly to animate and based on the popularity (or lack thereof) of the manga, not enough people would be buying it to make up for the costs.
what!!? Why wouldn't someone want to watch Killy shoot that gun of his and cause "havoc" all over the place....And I can't think of any right now, but haven't there been anime with as much action and havoc as BLAME!
Old 2007-07-23, 02:53   Link #14
xeenx77

you need to go to and search
blame OK
Old 2007-07-23, 02:55   Link #15
xeenx77

or you can go on
Old 2007-07-30, 21:31   Link #16
mishka

I read on wikipedia.org that there's going to be "A full-length CGI render movie is planned to be released, based on the story-line of the manga series." IS THIS TRUE? There wasn't any more info about it....does anyone have a link, or more info, or a release date?! or ANYTHING?! ;p Is it even true?
Old 2007-08-01, 19:42   Link #17
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj View Post
So weird that this would pop up today, as I just finished this series.

I had a question, though, in case anyone more familiar with Nihei Tsutomu's work can answer:

Spoiler for the end:

And search didn't bring anything up for me two days ago when I was looking. Maybe it doesn't pick up on older threads.
I just finished reading the manga too...and I think what the ending meant was that:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-02, 07:54   Link #18
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
@OP : if interrest in this author there is another serie from Nihei Tsutomu named abara (or abarra) but it s been release in france (by glenat) so you prolly already know about it.
Old 2007-10-20, 21:19   Link #19
u43368
Disabled By Request

Oh mah god, how have I not noticed this wonderful manga?! I got volume 1, and it kicks ass. The lonely, depressing atmosphere just pulls you in, and I love open ended stories, even if it's pretty minimal. Anyone played the game Baroque? This manga really reminds me of it, with the bizarre machine creatures.
Old 2007-11-08, 19:19   Link #20
DieH@rd

I've just finished reading last volume... Oh my gawd, this is the best manga I have ever read.

Spoiler for ending:

And did anyone saw new Blame! Prologue videos?? They released 2 videos, 4 minutes each, all from upcoming full lenght movie. They look OK, but all of charachers have a little "plastic" look.

I dont know if this upcoming movie is licenced, but you can find those short videos here:
http://requiem-anime.net/
Closed Thread

Tags
cyberpunk, seinen