AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: which do u Prefer, Manga, or ANime?
MANGA!!! 70 41.42%
ANiME!! 99 58.58%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-07-20, 22:10   Link #81
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Eh. Caught at a bad time.

Currently reading (manga/ manhwa): Now! Chul Rang Yul Jun, Black Cat, Kenshin, Bleach
Currently watching: Love Hina

For some reason, I've run aground on good anime titles. The world of manga is a lot bigger, and the stories run for longer periods of time, thus answering more questions. Plus, in martial-arts titles, a lot more is left up to the imagination, thus protecting the story from possible dissappointments due to weak/ insufficient animation.

Last edited by Ambience Blue; 2004-07-21 at 12:19.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 13:56   Link #82
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

if you compair best anime (anime movies) with best manga...
Most people would definally vote for animes

i thought you meant anime and manga in general
so I voted for mangas

But i think anime has lots of potentials to be better
It's just the animation companies that are doing bad jobs =\
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 07:09   Link #83
FumoffuFan
R.O.C.K.S.

Manga vs. Anime

Anyone find it annoying how Animes that are based on manga are so different to the original cartoons? You miss so much out, and the anime people take some serious creative liberties with the storyline/plot.
FumoffuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 14:03   Link #84
Yoska
フランキー

This IS stupid thread.

I don't watch anime alot, only when I'm bored. Comics are playing much bigger role in my daily life. I'm not saying that anime is inferior or anything, because you can't compare two different medium. Anime can work in some rare cases better in many different levels. I totally understand if some of you dislikes manga. But it's your lose, there are some sweet manga your missing. Plus some of the people who says manga sucks are people who have never really hold a comic book in their hands, reading from screen isn't all that fun.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 14:45   Link #85
kaevne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I disagree, you can compare anime vs manga in general. Sure the result will be different for some series but in general ppl will either prefer manga or anime. Personally I prefer the manga, simply because the manga allows for good detailed explanation of the story and characters while the anime often has only limited time to get into those kinda issues.
7thmeth...what's that anime in ur avatar....?
kaevne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 02:53   Link #86
fallin up
my life is a harem

Manga vs. Anime

which do you prefer?
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:08   Link #87
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

For romance and story driven plot i like manga because it is complete. Most anime do not follow the story all the way through.

But most stories i prefer the anime because i can see expressions change in motion and especially fight scenes, i need those animated.

I like both and it depends on the story itself, since sometimes the anime is more enjoyable and sometimes the manga has more material for satisfication.

If i had to choose i wish everything was animated.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:12   Link #88
tbl
Affably Evil

As with nearly everything, the original is usually better than the adaptation.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:16   Link #89
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
As with nearly everything, the original is usually better than the adaptation.
True, and since I don't read manga, the anime for me is my own personal "original" since it's the first of that title that I will have seen. I won't vote though, because my extremely biased opinion due to me not reading manga doesn't contribute much to the poll.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:24   Link #90
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Anime. Because I solely use them for entertainment purposes, it's much more enjoyable for me to be presented with the given story instead of having to read it. Not to mention action is usually better as well. In addition, you don't have to imagine voices and expression, either. It's all there. Lastly, COLOR. Manga is nice, but COLOR is nicer.
Old 2008-01-27, 03:38   Link #91
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I'm leaning pretty much more on anime, since there is so much more within it than manga, such as voices, music, colours, etc... It's just more of a treat of the viewer, I guess. But of course, the ecchiness within manga is, IMO, better than its anime counterpart.

I regard music as a pretty important part of anime, since it contributes so much to particular scenes, i.e. confession scenes. In the manga, certainly, it's touching, but in the anime, where you got the music in the scene, it's a much more effective delivery.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:44   Link #92
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
I regard music as a pretty important part of anime, since it contributes so much to particular scenes, i.e. confession scenes.
This is certainly true. The music for anime is a big chunk of how good it is. One reason why I might prefer manga over anime is the ending. I place the utmost importance on a series' resolution, and sometimes adaptations deviate from the manga and sadly, many screw it up big time. I find this somewhat annoying but the few anime that had excellent endings will keep me watching anime.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 04:07   Link #93
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I for one also voted anime, while the manga may be more "complete" (which is the usual argument of manga fans). Manga lacks a lot of things that an anime has = color, movement and most importantly - anime has VOICE TALENTS. I don't find it fun reading a manga not knowing what voices the characters really have. So I would always watch the anime version first before reading the manga version.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-01-27 at 05:35.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 06:04   Link #94
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I like both. I actually read manga and watch anime about equally. (well, lately anime has been cheaper) I don't mind the changes between the two, as long as the anime doesn't change things so much that it kills the show (samurai deeper kyo anyone?)
Loved the manga, read the entire series through a friend (sometimes i'd take his newest volume before he even had a chance to read it)
he bought the first dvd, i watched maybe...2 episodes, and handed it back and said "you....paid money for this....didn't you....." and patted him on the shoulder with my head to the ground.

In short. I like both manga and anime, as long as the anime doesn't destroy the original. It can deviate and change things, but as long as the backbone is the same, the changes are what make it interesting.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 09:24   Link #95
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

I'll say mangas normally have more content and are more detailed. But animes are more well-known cause (duh!) it is 'moving' and have sounds. But occasionally we get to hear some great OST from some series. So that gives animes one up for me.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 10:54   Link #96
wigglypuff
Banned

anime, it's the reason why i found manga....
beside i like seeing the characters move, also it has colors..
also i can hear the voices of the characters....
i also like manga though...
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 13:24   Link #97
InfiniteDistance

If this were books versus movies, it would be books easily, for a lot of the reasons mentioned here. Usually the book is the original and much deeper, where as the movie is the adaptation and cuts out a lot of details. Also, with books, my imagination runs wild, characters, locations, scenery and so on.

The thing with manga is though.. I just don't like the comic style. It's always so...busy, and it takes away from my imagination. Anime has the animation to make up for that. So.. Books > movies and anime > manga
Old 2011-05-07, 07:57   Link #98
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDistance View Post
If this were books versus movies, it would be books easily, for a lot of the reasons mentioned here. Usually the book is the original and much deeper, where as the movie is the adaptation and cuts out a lot of details. Also, with books, my imagination runs wild, characters, locations, scenery and so on.

The thing with manga is though.. I just don't like the comic style. It's always so...busy, and it takes away from my imagination. Anime has the animation to make up for that. So.. Books > movies and anime > manga
I'm pretty much the opposite here.

Between books and movies I lean towards movies more. I do love a good book but I enjoy my movies a lot more.

However for manga and anime I do prefer reading manga more even tho I think I get more enjoyment out of anime cause it's animation with sound and all that.
I like to sit down and read a manga with music playing in the background but I do think anime has more values that I can enjoy more than in manga.

Basically not everything thats considered "better" is preferable for me in this case

Saying that I'm not sure I could pick between the 2, it's very hard compared to the likes of Books and Movies.
Old 2011-05-08, 11:49   Link #99
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Well I voted for anime though I think it's a bit unfair to compare both. Anime that was adapted from manga have a 50/50 chance of being good and it's always disappointing to see a horrible adaptation but then Manga that was adapted from anime are things I barely even read. The only good manga adaptation I've seen is Railgun and that doesn't even count since it's an original story based on Index.
Old 2011-05-09, 19:25   Link #100
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
It's always fun to read super old threads I posted in. I was like, 17.

/end random off topic

Still, manga all the way.