AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 36 33.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 43.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-16, 10:30   Link #61
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
While I'm a bit relieved to hear the words of the title towards Jun, I can't help but feel a bit sad that it wasn't towards Shin. I mean, I'm as big a HiromiXShin shipper as you can get, but I was half hoping Hiromi said that to Shin to get a bigger drama out of this show. While sure it would've been totally out of left field (and not to mention they have very few episodes left to work with), but a bit more drama in the show won't hurt anyone, no? Then again, not like TT needs more drama anyways, as it already has a lot of it.

That said, probably the wtf moment of this show was when Hiromi told Shin to lock the door. I was going, 'Wtf? I understand Shin's parents, but Shin has the keys to her apartment as well?' Late night incursions, anyone?

And meganekko Hiromi = <3. Honami took the moe girl of the year award for me last year, and with that I think Hiromi all but took it this year lol.

Do wonder why she doesn't need glasses when playing b-ball, because as in any sport, near perfect vision is a must to be at the top of your game. Maybe she's far-sighted?
I like how Hiromi told Tomoyo on the phone "It no longer has anything to do with me" (probably regarding Jun, although it could be about the fouling incidents in the game). Seems like she already previously told Tomoyo that she did'nt actually like Jun because Tomoyo was'nt surprised to hear it. If she has'nt, I wonder why not because Hiromi already considers their so-called "relationship" to be over now in her mind even though Jun won't accept it. I don't think she told Tomoyo that she likes Shin yet though.

When Hiromi said that living alone was the best, Tomoyo said "You can invite all the guys you want too!" to which Hiromi replied happily in the affirmative. We know what Hiromi is thinking . She already had Shin over for breakfast earlier in the episode. I guess she moved out partly so that she could be bolder with Shin because she would'nt be living in the same house under the eyes of his parents. First they had breakfast, then Hiromi took Shin out to the snow covered beach where she kissed him. It's nice to see Hiromi not being oppressed by Shin's mother.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-16 at 14:08.
Old 2008-03-16, 10:30   Link #62
lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
In episode 10 Jun said that his father gave him an old bike that he was planning to fix up, so I guess they have a stepfather now.
Are we sure that guy is Jun's father/stepfather? I thought Jun called him "oyaji-san" which I understand means "old man." I know in slang, some people call their fathers "old man", but I actually took it literally as "old man."
Old 2008-03-16, 10:32   Link #63
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain

Another great ep of true tears ^____^
I am really confused now, who will end up together? :S
The next ep is the last one right?
Old 2008-03-16, 10:33   Link #64
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea View Post
Are we sure that guy is Jun's father/stepfather? I thought Jun called him "oyaji-san" which I understand means "old man." I know in slang, some people call their fathers "old man", but I actually took it literally as "old man."
That's what the translation said, although that group could be wrong despite having good overall translations. That guy could just be his employer that he calls 'oyaji-san' but was interpreted as father in the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac2is View Post
Another great ep of true tears ^____^
I am really confused now, who will end up together? :S
The next ep is the last one right?
2 more to go, really hoping that the last one is a happy one with some significant time shown of the happy couple together instead of dragging the issue all the way to the end.
Old 2008-03-16, 12:14   Link #65
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
When Hiromi said that living alone was the best, Tomoyo said "You can invite all the guys you want too!" to which Hiromi replied happily in the affirmative. We know what Hiromi is thinking . She already had Shin over for breakfast earlier in the episode. I guess she moved out partly so that she could be bolder with Shin because she would'nt be living in the same house under the eyes of his parents.
Dirty minded girl is dirty

The funny thing is that Tomoyo said that as a joke but Hiromi's response was serious. BAAAAAAAD girl

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-16, 12:46   Link #66
vio5555

I've just got to say after watching it again that Hiromi's lines to Jun were absolutely perfectly executed with poise and delivered at least twice the punch I expected from the preview.

That scene easily was the most powerful in this episode for me, since they added 2 extra lines to what she said in the preview.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-16, 12:47   Link #67
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
did anyone else BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW when
Spoiler:

i def cried some true tears right there lol

actually the whole beginning of the episode especially in the "one scene"
Spoiler:
i Q_Q'd quite a bit
Old 2008-03-16, 13:01   Link #68
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
did anyone else BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW when
Spoiler:

i def cried some true tears right there lol

actually the whole beginning of the episode especially in the "one scene"
Spoiler:
i Q_Q'd quite a bit
I'm brave enough to admit that my eyes got a bit moist in the ending chase scene of episode 10. No more impartial viewing at that point as I let myself get drawn into that scene as the writers intended.

Nothing of that sort for me in this episode although I was happy to see Hiromi do what she has probably always wanted to do in that early scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I've just got to say after watching it again that Hiromi's lines to Jun were absolutely perfectly executed with poise and delivered at least twice the punch I expected from the preview.

That scene easily was the most powerful in this episode for me, since they added 2 extra lines to what she said in the preview.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
What Hiromi told Jun along with his concern for Noe after finding that she did'nt come home could be the catalyst that makes Jun think more deeply about his feelings for Noe instead of avoiding it. I'm hoping that one of them was adopted or something like that.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-16 at 13:57.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:21   Link #69
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Wow, Noe going off the deep end. I think with her lack of experience of dealing with such extreme emotions, this was bound to happen. I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't continued to talk with her brother about it. Or is Jun just a bit distracted...

Jun still sticking with Hiromi due to the contract. And all the misunderstandings that contract still continues to plague the parties, even after that Hiromi x Shin moment early on in the ep.

I'm now of the opinion of the Hiromi x Jun ending, but not really sure on how Noe's true tears will be reached. As usual, great show.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:48   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
I'm now of the opinion of the Hiromi x Jun ending, but not really sure on how Noe's true tears will be reached.
Umm... how? Hiromi couldn't have been much more clear that Jun doesn't even like her, and she doesn't have anything to do with him anymore. I think it'd take more than an act of god to get that ship turned around. Unless you meant something else...?
Old 2008-03-16, 15:51   Link #71
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Excellent episode yet again. I think the shin x hiromi relationship just has one more hurdle until its steel clad, and that would be the misunderstandings they have with one another (regarding noe/jun). I think cloudninja said it earlier, but I expect...

Noe "releases" shin so he can fly
Hiromi and shin clear everything up
No idea how things get resolved with noe and jun

As for ep 12 spoiler......

Spoiler for ep12 spoiler:
Old 2008-03-16, 16:28   Link #72
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i got a bad feeling when Shin kept flashing back to things Noe said to him while he was with Hiromi. Then the kiss happened and i raised my arms in victory. then they went back down when he hung up on Hiromi to immediately look for the "other" girl. Then they went up when Hiromi "dumped" Jun. (yes, i know i screwed up the order)

anyways, it looks like we're steering towards the inevitable Hiromi x Shin ending, but with 2 eps left, who knows what'll happen on the dock!

that tele conversation was hilarious though. Hiromi + popsicle + glasses = instant win.
Old 2008-03-16, 16:40   Link #73
Stretch5920

Hiromi looks like she is serving people or peforming something for people next ep so Jun will likely ask for a kiss there infront of everyone. Maybe she is running a stall and Jun wins a prize and wants a kiss.
Old 2008-03-16, 17:03   Link #74
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Omg I'd be happy with Shin with Hiromi, i'd be really happy if Shin was with Aiko (but thats not gonna happen ) but Shin with Noe......Im sorry i just cant accept that lol

btw this is 13 episodes right?
AGH im so anxious about whats gonna happen~!
Old 2008-03-16, 17:50   Link #75
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Omg I'd be happy with Shin with Hiromi, i'd be really happy if Shin was with Aiko (but thats not gonna happen ) but Shin with Noe......Im sorry i just cant accept that lol

btw this is 13 episodes right?
AGH im so anxious about whats gonna happen~!
Welcome to the ranks of the people that have accepted Aiko's defeat! You really hung in there till the last!
Old 2008-03-16, 17:53   Link #76
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
good, solid episode
hopefully this series will end happily, hopefully ending with Shin and Hiromi together(its bound to happen anyway)
Old 2008-03-16, 18:44   Link #77
ZODDGUTS

I think that Shin and Hiromi is gonna happen as well but there's still a few things to deal with. Shin had been avoiding Noe most likely due to if they did meet he would break her heart if he told her that he loves Hiromi he did say "Hell do everything properly" but yet eventhough hes with Hiromi he hadn't one told her his feelings and two has not broken up with Noe though later he figured out Noe already had done that. I think during his time with Hiromi he was feeling guilty about Noe because in Shin's view he's still her boyfriend which is why he was thinking of her.

Shin also may think that there's still something going on between Hiromi and Jun first was the basketball scene which Jun showed up and the park scene. There's also the picture book which looks like Hiromi may have misunderstood who it may be about. It's up to Shin to do things right like he said he would he needs to clear up the misunderstandings tell Noe that he loves Hiromi and finally tell Hiromi how he feels.
Old 2008-03-16, 19:59   Link #78
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Good episode overal, But not much was covered. I hated that cliff hanger at the very end. It could have been an awesome episode if they wouldnt leave it at such a cliff hanger.

Overal 8/10.
Old 2008-03-16, 21:23   Link #79
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think we're at the part of the story where the writers are just solidifying their relationship/tying up ends. its a good change of pace from shows that show the climax and end there.

yeah, Aiko was my number 2 choice, then #1, then #2 again. i'm happy to see they resolved their conflict. Nobuse is sure counting on them getting back together because he said something like, long enough for you to knit me a sweater. it was very cute and very touching that he's a big enough man to do that, even after she dumped him.

<3 hiromi
Old 2008-03-16, 21:43   Link #80
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Yay!!! I'm feeling good about this show again. I guess last episode needed this episode to compliment it. It all makes sense (well apart from Shin chasing after Hiromi on his bike) now.

Very happy with how Ai and Nobu got back together. I guess Ai really needed to re-evaluate her life and her relationships. So the thing that irked me last epi makes sense now. Ai pulling away from Shin was actually probably the best thing she could have done. Shin to Ai was like a bottle of whiskey to an alcoholic

I was holding my breath when Jun called Hiromi up about Noe. I was thinking don't go to the dark side!!! Then after she called, from her reaction I then couldn't help but think was she testing his reaction?

Looks like it is a open ended battle between Hiromi and Noe. I really have no idea who will win.

Rules of TT:

1. She who snogs last wins his heart... Well that might be the case if Noe ends up with him.

2. Shin really needs to learn to focus on one girl. I mean at least think of the one you are chatting to at the time. Although I believe that when he was actually going out with Noe he was able to concentrate on Noe until he bumped into Hiromi and Jun.

3. Cool hot guys never win. How comes the cool hot ones never seem to get the girl. I think that Hiromi is mis-reading him. I do think he likes Hiromi and Hiromi who has never had a sibling can't relate to it. Sure their relationship seems a little close

4. Chickens just can't fly. Unless it is into a KFC bucket. Hmm hot wins. Don't worry Jibeta you're flesh won't go to waste!

5. I think I was right about how the book is the sign of which girl is really in Shin's heart. Well at least it looks like Hiromi thinks that