AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 03:17   Link #461
cyth
Banned

The opening was great, and then ... floating motherfucking swords. Although the variety of camera angles made it hard to follow in some places, I loved the animation, and the direction is pretty good for the most part, this show has no substance whatsoever. It's just another Guilty;Crown.

KILL. WITH. FIRE.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:26   Link #462
brocko

lol, I share the same sentiments in that it kinda feels like Guilty;Grown. Can only hope that it doesn't walk down the same path though. Production values through the roof are still a welcomed addition either way. If I'm going to be watching a train-wreck it may as well be a pretty-as-hell train wreck lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:34   Link #463
U<3Anime
Boo!

Will continue to watch for animation and neko cleavage~
Old 2012-10-06, 03:44   Link #464
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now to be fair, I thought Guilty Crown had a better first episode than this one . Though maybe it was the music that I think was definitely at another level. But otherwise I can kind of see the comparison.
Old 2012-10-06, 03:58   Link #465
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ah well, I personally found that a fantastic first episode. Enough was given to know that there is a war between two factions, there is a lot more to it than meets the eye, and the main character has a backstory that he knows and we have to find out. Sounds a lot better than being spoonfed to me, and I like the ending revelation/twist.

Eagerly anticipating the next episode.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 04:23   Link #466
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Is it too early to nominate this thread to be the most pointless thread that will be filled with the most /slashwrist every week despite also being one of the most viewed/posted-to threads?

Or, from another perspective, a thread that is going to be impossible to have any real discussions in?

Also, as predicted, it was very beautiful, oozing tons of style. I'm 98% certain it's going to be a hyper-stylized teenagers with super powers shounen show, but with the (so far), lack of a whiny, snot-faced, lead character, I can see myself enjoying this in a pop corn fashion.

Lastly, was that even the same voice actor for psycho albino and girl's fujoshi-bait albino?

Edit: Also, was the naked girl in the ED a separate character, or is she a hint that our albino can change gender, or am I high? Or is all sense of subtlety null and void and is she really that kitten?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 04:38   Link #467
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Is it too early to nominate this thread to be the most pointless thread that will be filled with the most /slashwrist every week despite also being one of the most viewed/posted-to threads?
Well, seeing how people are freaking out about two seconds of fanservice that doesn't involve a girl... (Just from reading the thread you'd think Kurou and Yashiro were making out or something.)

Quote:
I'm 98% certain it's going to be a hyper-stylized teenagers with super powers shounen show,
Actually, except for Kurou, Yashiro, Skateboard guy, the loli and Miyano Mamoru, everyone is over 20. XD;;;

Quote:
Lastly, was that even the same voice actor for psycho albino and girl's fujoshi-bait albino?
Yeah, it was Namikawa Daisuke. He's pretty versatile - if you watched Yondemasu yo Azazel-san, he voices both Akutabe and the narrator.

Quote:
Edit: Also, was the naked girl in the ED a separate character, or is she a hint that our albino can change gender, or am I high? Or is all sense of subtlety null and void and is she really that kitten?
I'm pretty sure she's the kitten... I mean, she's even called Neko and all that.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 04:43   Link #468
brocko

Just to clarify myself a little, I don't really think it was a bad episode by any means. In fact I rather enjoyed it for what it was worth. Just that I've seen how shows similar in nature have turned out before, so I'm just a little weary that's all. It'd be best if K could manage to avoid those very same pitfalls though.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2012-10-06, 04:59   Link #469
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: bonus point for killing Yuuki Kaji's character right away (before the show even begun, in fact!).

I couldn't help but find that a little funny myself, even though I don't dislike him.

I'm not sure he's dead though. We know he gets at least another line so at the very least, he'll be brought back retrospectively.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 05:38   Link #470
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Yeah, she's the kitten. It's been pretty much confirmed.
Old 2012-10-06, 06:28   Link #471
Insane
Banned

K's initial start feels much better than Guilty Crowns which in my opinion lacked premise in the beginning. Perhaps this is indeed much better than Guilty Crowns, since the protagonist looked strong and not a crybaby like Haru (he's the worst MC in my opinion). But, all characters seemed too busy to act cool that they even forgot to spelled out the name of their attack. What's that fireball attacks? Or that sword slicing technique from a samurai guy? Hopefully this won't turn out to be a reverse harem, since thus far i had just seen one girl and a bunch of bishies.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 07:21   Link #472
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Hopefully this won't turn out to be a reverse harem, since thus far i had just seen one girl and a bunch of bishies.
Don't think so - Kukuri (the brown-haired girl) is only a side character, if the website says correctly. And if you check out the characters of the website, the main characters are much shinier with better art shading while the side/minor characters have very basic anime shading - and Kukuri is one of the latter.

Neko is the only girl who got the shiny anime shading (not even Anna did, or Seri), and she's a silly cat. She's not going to be the main character. (Though back in page 1, someone insisted that the story was going to be about "a clumsy pink-haired girl" (Neko) surrounded by hot bishie guys.)
Old 2012-10-06, 07:23   Link #473
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Just finished watching the 1st episode, it was a decent start but i love that kind of settings.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 07:34   Link #474
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
K's initial start feels much better than Guilty Crowns which in my opinion lacked premise in the beginning. Perhaps this is indeed much better than Guilty Crowns, since the protagonist looked strong and not a crybaby like Haru (he's the worst MC in my opinion). But, all characters seemed too busy to act cool that they even forgot to spelled out the name of their attack. What's that fireball attacks? Or that sword slicing technique from a samurai guy? Hopefully this won't turn out to be a reverse harem, since thus far i had just seen one girl and a bunch of bishies.
The guys with the fire abilities are a gang (aka criminals though they probably think of themselves as something higher than that), and the guys with the swords are the police, it was kinda obvious right from the start. As for the powers the gang with the guy that was throwing around the fire is associated with fire. The two swords are probably a representation of their powers, the gold sword being damaged was a sign that the fire team lost, which lead to their leader being captured.

This series seems to be the type to show you, rather than tell you if the first episode is any indication.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 07:48   Link #475
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Okay got around to watching it.

All in all this will take time to get me impressed, the visuals make me squint... not to mention I'm trying to not hear the, you know, squealing fangirls or whatever that was, in order to understand this show...

Spoiler for Hmm:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 07:51   Link #476
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I don't find the plot is confusing tbh, its pretty simple even.

Its like those hong kong comic, they're just fighting against each other.
Old 2012-10-06, 07:52   Link #477
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I think that
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-06, 08:20   Link #478
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post

Yea pretty much. Dudes just don't get along. Do you really need some deep philosophical exposition exactly explaining the reasons why? lol

On a sidenote; do we know how many episodes this is meant to be running for?

Old 2012-10-06, 09:06   Link #479
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post

Yyyyep, and the difference being? One is full of testosterone (and possibily female hormone overload for the ladies) overdose, while the other is full of pretty guys.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:15   Link #480
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Yyyyep, and the difference being? One is full of testosterone (and possibily female hormone overload for the ladies) overdose, while the other is full of pretty guys.
... I can't seem to tell which one is supposed to be which.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural