Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-05, 19:45   Link #61
pyr

wow awesome chapter
Old 2013-12-05, 19:57   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I hope Fujitora is a character that lasts longer than one arc and is not defeated yet here

Right, let's weaken the presence of the new generation of marines under Akainu's regime by having one of its new admirals taken out in the very arc he's introduced in. Of COURSE that's the direction Oda is going with this.
Old 2013-12-05, 21:18   Link #63
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^and to janipani
Wow Zoro makes is first stand against an admiral and it Armageddon for everyone in the Admiral rank. How strong did you guys expect Zoro to be after his two year time skip? Did you want another timeskip before they could face off against an admiral?

Kidd Alliance and any one else waiting in line?
I wonder if Kidd will show up? I know it sounds weird but he also saw the Underground Video. Kidd is going after Big Momma and her ships. Maybe he wants Ceaser too. Right now I am having a hard time determining were this is going. So many people showing up trying to get there share of the spoils. I can see Kidd attacking the ship right now giving Sanji and the crew time to escape. Right now with Oda throwing so many curve balls Kaidou won't be a surprise if he shows up in person, after all this Smile factory is also his deal has well. If Kidd shows up will X Drake show up has well?

Monosuke
That kid is a mystery but I am thinking Daflamingo is after him because he is the first actually successful Devil fruit project. I can't see any other reason why Daflamingo wants him.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-12-05 at 21:49.
Old 2013-12-06, 01:43   Link #64
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I think Zoro as well as luffy are on equal terms with an admiral. At least they could hold their ground when fighting of that level. It will be decided on how they will cleverly use thier abilitiesa against thier opponents.

Also Fujitora is old and has a lot of experience in fighting than zoro
Old 2013-12-06, 02:21   Link #65
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
I think Zoro as well as luffy are on equal terms with an admiral. At least they could hold their ground when fighting of that level. It will be decided on how they will cleverly use thier abilitiesa against thier opponents.

Also Fujitora is old and has a lot of experience in fighting than zoro
admiral level ... they can definitely defend themselves but beating them I don't think so just yet ... luffy struggled with hordy jones and we just saw fujitora effortlessly repelling zoro's attacks ...

at most they can solo shichubukais but if they want to beat the admirals probably gonna need to 9-man team it.
Old 2013-12-06, 03:01   Link #66
janipani

There is no need for Fujitora to be defeated or Zoro be defeated by him. You people just doesn't seem to appreciate build up of tension. Whole this admiral level this shichubukai level that -crap servers no purpose.

I like Fujitoras character and I love strong enemies in general and best way to build up awesomeness is to tease us with new strong characters and deal with them in later arcs.

It's not about are they able to take on an admiral, Zoro already demonstrated that they are.. at least on some level we don't know yet.

I'm not in hurry to see end of this manga since this stuff really works unlike Naruto that has turn into complete cheese cake of shit.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-12-06, 03:25   Link #67
Ritzu07

i think Nami & co. will meet heart pirate crew in the next island.. remember the punk hazard arc?
Old 2013-12-06, 03:59   Link #68
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
admiral level ... they can definitely defend themselves but beating them I don't think so just yet ... luffy struggled with hordy jones and we just saw fujitora effortlessly repelling zoro's attacks ...

at most they can solo shichubukais but if they want to beat the admirals probably gonna need to 9-man team it.
Luffy, a devil fruit user, struggled with Hody Jones, a fishman, while under water.
Put Zoro in there instead of fight would have been over in one slash.
Old 2013-12-06, 05:00   Link #69
Saiduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Monosuke
That kid is a mystery but I am thinking Daflamingo is after him because he is the first actually successful Devil fruit project. I can't see any other reason why Daflamingo wants him.
Is Doflamingo actually aware that Momonosuke ate an artificial Devil Fruit? It seems to me that they have some connection from the events that transpired at Dressrosa the first time the samurai went there (when Kanjuro was captured, before Punk Hazard). We know very little of these samurai as of now, so what excatly is the objective of their journey, how do they stand relative to the powers in the New World, are they loyal to one of the Yonkou?

I'm excited about Zou, looking forward to seeing Bepo again. Maybe we'll find out what happened to the Last Samurai (*snigger*) there as well.

Also yay first post.
Old 2013-12-06, 05:30   Link #70
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Luffy, a devil fruit user, struggled with Hody Jones, a fishman on extreme steroids, while under water.
I took the liberty to fix this.

@Saiduck: Welcome!
Old 2013-12-06, 07:50   Link #71
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I took the liberty to fix this.

@Saiduck: Welcome!
I don't really think the steroids had anything to do with it.
fishmen are good swimmers and can breath under water, Luffy isn't and can't.
Old 2013-12-06, 08:14   Link #72
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Here's my Theory of why Big mam wants ceasar

Now lets go wayyy back when ceasar was broadcasting his experiment, from what we could gather...pekoms and tamago was shown watching the whole thing along with kidd and several others but its clear from this point forward the big mam pirates had a keen interest of what was taking place in punk hazard, i knew at some point big mam was somehow involved in all this and here's my take why...ceasar mentioned he swindled big mam out of money for his research and my thesis is ceasar worked with big mam prio to doflamingo, if you look at what ceasar was working on, it somehow connects to big mam or follows on by her whole candy loving eating acidic gigantic theme and i think shinokuni (someone in the comment mentioned this and i liked this idea) was developed for her cause along with the growth hormone candies (i think she overdosed on em coz she is humongous) and maybe she wanted to turn her crew bigger (more meat for that damn carnival) and shinokuni made people turn into white thingey maybe that was a way for her to eat an entire population, i think those where the projects he was working on to cater her interests and continued to while he served kaido with his smileys...to me it didn't really connect much with the other SMILEY project i think thats what doflamingo used to gain kaido's interest and put kaido under his protection from big mam after he stole ceasar, the smiley projects befits the 100 man beast kaido's title. It makes sense because it would be too much of a risk for big mam to pursue ceasar for vengeance if kaido and the navy is involved because of doflamingo and i think thats why ceasar is such an important element in this story and it also explains why doflamingo NEEDS him so much to protect his sorry ass coz lets face it, doflamingo cant front in front of 2 emperors after him hence why he was scared shitless, its not that he was solery scared of kaido going after him, he knew big mam would hunt him down too as he dont have that protection from kaido anymore once ceasar was kidnapped. Among all the confusion and whats happened, i see why big mam has taken this opportunity to make her move, first of all once the word went out that doflamingo resigned (people outside of dressrosa dont know it was all a faux) and after pekom and tamago watched the whole show unfold in punk hazard, they figured out ceasar was kidnapped and they took that opportunity to go after him (they take ceasar out and kaido has no means of gaining anymore military advantage and she gets her vengeance, kaido will either go after big mam here or doflamingo) anyway i also think kidd and the alliance are about to make their entrance soon too now coz i think the emperor they are after is big mam and it makes sense coz luffy and his crew are out-numbered, kidd's alliance + luffy will even out things a little. =]
Old 2013-12-06, 08:15   Link #73
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I don't really think the steroids had anything to do with it.
fishmen are good swimmers and can breath under water, Luffy isn't and can't.
Those Steroids give them strength comparable to Haki, but a notch down. However, coupled with fishmen natural environment he can be on par with Luffy. Luffy is still a devil fruit user, he cannot go in the water you got that right. However you forgotten that he was in a bubble while Hody can move as he please. He also got a restraint of not being allowed to destroy Noah so he could fight the way he wanted.
Old 2013-12-06, 10:37   Link #74
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Those Steroids give them strength comparable to Haki, but a notch down. However, coupled with fishmen natural environment he can be on par with Luffy. Luffy is still a devil fruit user, he cannot go in the water you got that right. However you forgotten that he was in a bubble while Hody can move as he please. He also got a restraint of not being allowed to destroy Noah so he could fight the way he wanted.
The steroids did make them stronger, but nowhere near the level that the monster trio has.

The bubble gave Luffy air, but no mobility, or reach, so all he could do was try to dodge to avoid breaking the bubble.
Put Zoro or Sanji in there, and it would have been over in seconds.
Old 2013-12-06, 11:42   Link #75
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
The steroids did make them stronger, but nowhere near the level that the monster trio has.

The bubble gave Luffy air, but no mobility, or reach, so all he could do was try to dodge to avoid breaking the bubble.
Put Zoro or Sanji in there, and it would have been over in seconds.
Not at the level of Sanji or Zoro, however, this is about Luffy not them. You are correct when you stated that Hody had no shot against Sanji or Zoro because they can swim and are not weakened.
Old 2013-12-06, 11:50   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I've said it before -- Doflamingo will be anywhere from high-high tier to low-top tier. But that is NOT admiral level. It was clearly portrayed on Punk Hazard that Kuzan is superior to Doflamingo. And then we've been getting bits and pieces of Doflamingo's combat prowess in the Dressrosa arc, which also suggest he's NOT admiral level. So the only question that remains is how Luffy will defeat the birdman (the sinister warlord's fall is inevitable, after all). I presume he's really going to struggle with this fight (probably his toughest fight yet), as I see Doflamingo being the first real test in the New World.

That being said, it's not like the strawhats are completely helpless against an admiral anymore. The stronger ones can at least now defend themselves and hold their own for a while. At this point of the story and considering how much they've progressed over the time-skip, I'd say that's a reasonable assessment of their power.
Old 2013-12-06, 11:55   Link #77
J4n1

Quote:
Not at the level of Sanji or Zoro, however, this is about Luffy not them. You are correct when you stated that Hody had no shot against Sanji or Zoro because they can swim and are not weakened.
Exactly.
Which is why i don't think of Hody as anything truly impressive, only reason he was any kind of threat was because Luffy was basically nerfed for the fight.

Put an admiral who is a devil fruit user (if there even are any who are not) in the same situation, and they would not really fare much better.
The whole sidetrack we're on started because someone mentioned Luffy struggling against Hody Jones as one of the reasons why they could not win against an admiral.

Personally i find it unlikely that they could win against admiral one on one, but i would not put it impossible, considering how the Strawhats are almost always punching at people who should be higher in power scale than them.
Still, it is a bit early for fghting, and winning, against an admiral solo, but it's not that far off anymore either (story time, in real time it can be anywhere in next couple decades ).
Old 2013-12-06, 13:48   Link #78
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
One more time: There is no proof that Big Mom is Lola's mom. This is just an assumption. If this is actually true though, then Oda would have pulled an Obito...
I don't think Oda could ever pull such a trolling event, even if he tried.
And even if Linlin is Lola's mum, Oda would make it happen in a believable and enjoying way. I remember back in the Water Seven Arc, Oda announced the death of a Nakama. Many people said it would be totally weak and cheated if the Merry was said Nakama. In the end, everyone posted that they cried over the death of a ship
Old 2013-12-06, 14:22   Link #79
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiduck View Post
Is Doflamingo actually aware that Momonosuke ate an artificial Devil Fruit? It seems to me that they have some connection from the events that transpired at Dressrosa the first time the samurai went there (when Kanjuro was captured, before Punk Hazard). We know very little of these samurai as of now, so what excatly is the objective of their journey, how do they stand relative to the powers in the New World, are they loyal to one of the Yonkou?

I'm excited about Zou, looking forward to seeing Bepo again. Maybe we'll find out what happened to the Last Samurai (*snigger*) there as well.
Also yay first post.
Who know what.
I don’t know. All I know is what Nami mentioned and there is also the fact that Momonosuke keeps seeing Daflamingo images on and off. Momonosuke case should not be any different from the other kids who were there. I figured the Samurai were there to try and find Kinmon’s kidnapped son. The only difference between Momonosuke and the other kids is he the only one that ate the fruit. That is the only thing that I can think of that

“That’s a screwed-up team if I ever Saw one...It seems barely possible that they all share a common objective particularly on this Battlefield...”~ Garp Chapter 557 page 12
It seems weird but what if Kaidou sends X Drake but not has an enemy but an alley to Daflamingo because he sees his investment in trouble. Now you have Admiral Fujitori (marine), Dalfmaingo (Shichibukai), and X Drake (Yonkou Kaidou representative) are allies for just this one battle. Admiral Fujitori is there to on orders to protect and determine who is Shichibukai, Daflamingo wants to protect his assets and his deal with Kaidou, and X Drake is there to protect Kaidou’s investment. I think that would be the second weirdest team up since Marine Ford war with Luffy, Jimbi, Croc, Ivanko, and Buggy.
Old 2013-12-06, 14:47   Link #80
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
This is false. Not even Zoro and Sanji can take on the water pressure of the bottom of the ocean 10.000m deep (I am sure this was said at some point). So I don't see how they would have "not been weakened". They'd need the bubble as much as Luffy did.

And before anyone brings it up: The water in the palace was seperated from the ocean so Zoro didn't have that Handicap there.